What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza: Now at QB for the Buffalo Bills...Goo Goo Dolls (1 Viewer)

I'm up for a music draft but to be honest, I'm not feeling the concept anymore. 

If people are in love with summer songs and/or have done draft prep, we can stay the course :shrug:

I'm up for a music draft but to be honest, I'm not feeling the concept anymore. 

If people are in love with summer songs and/or have done draft prep, we can stay the course :shrug:
Draft prep? 

You are giving us way, way too much credit. 

I'm up for a draft. So long as I don't have to define schlock, I'm cool with most anything.  

Friday night is probably a bad night to conceptualize but here goes nothing.

The Alpha Omega Album Side Draft

Phase 1:  Before the draft, everybody gets to nominate three songs.  They should be generally known and probably not too weird because you want them to be selected by somebody else.

Phase 2:  Two round mini draft where each participant gets to pick an Alpha and Omega song from the nominees.  The same song can be picked multiple times but you can't draft the exact two songs of another drafter.  You also can't pick your own nominations.

Phase 3:  Four round draft where you get to fill in an album side mix linking your Alpha and Omega songs.  Phase 3 picks can be any song, not just the nominees.  You can segue by any means necessary.

Phase 4:  Draft is over.  Enjoy the album sides created by you and your music :nerd: friends.

It should be quick, creative and low maintenance.  Maybe during the draft, someone will come up with a better idea :shrug:

Could do a hybrid genrepalooza/summer draft?  Multiple categories as selected by participants, as before but maybe some encouragement for some people to mix in summer-ish categories (i.e. campfire songs, summer one hit wonders, summer sports songs, etc..)?

Friday night is probably a bad night to conceptualize but here goes nothing.

The Alpha Omega Album Side Draft

Phase 1:  Before the draft, everybody gets to nominate three songs.  They should be generally known and probably not too weird because you want them to be selected by somebody else.

Phase 2:  Two round mini draft where each participant gets to pick an Alpha and Omega song from the nominees.  The same song can be picked multiple times but you can't draft the exact two songs of another drafter.  You also can't pick your own nominations.

Phase 3:  Four round draft where you get to fill in an album side mix linking your Alpha and Omega songs.  Phase 3 picks can be any song, not just the nominees.  You can segue by any means necessary.

Phase 4:  Draft is over.  Enjoy the album sides created by you and your music :nerd: friends.

It should be quick, creative and low maintenance.  Maybe during the draft, someone will come up with a better idea :shrug:
Didn't see this before, but I'd be in for it as well.

I kind of like the idea of an album draft where you have to make a 12 song album. Each song on your album has to be in the same track listing order as it was on the album. For example Black Dog is the 1st track on ZLIV so it can only be drafted to be the 1st song for your album. Also maybe we do it so round 1 has to be your 1st track., etc.

I kind of like the idea of an album draft where you have to make a 12 song album. Each song on your album has to be in the same track listing order as it was on the album. For example Black Dog is the 1st track on ZLIV so it can only be drafted to be the 1st song for your album. Also maybe we do it so round 1 has to be your 1st track., etc.
Wait? What wat?  That sounds impossible. Can we just pick songs?  :P

It seems to be a pretty slow time right now for participation, maybe it's time to do the "soundtrack of our lives" draft, where we go through all the songs/styles/fads that we were into at various times in our lives, guilty pleasures and all. 

My thinking is that draft wouldn't have a ton of sniping or strategy and it could easily be done in the 1 AM/1 PM pick per day format, which might be better for the summertime when no one is likely to stick to a clock or scheduled picks anyway. Just an idea, as always, I'm in for whatever. 

More impossible than the alpha and omega that nobody understands? lol
:lmao:  I think I get the alpha and omega draft. You get to nominate three songs. You pick two from the nominations, then get to pick one between the two songs? 

Maybe?   

:lmao:  I think I get the alpha and omega draft. You get to nominate three songs. You pick two from the nominations, then get to pick one between the two songs? 

Maybe?   
Well you have to pick from other peoples songs but yeah it’s kind of like that. 

So where were we?

1. Original Summerpalooza
  2. Full Genrepalooza (Summer may not be the right time for this)
  3. NV's Soundtrack of Our Lives thing
  4. That Alpha/Omega concept that nobody understood :whoosh:
Or something completely different.  The Eagles made me think of this one.

5.  The New Classic Rock Draft. 

It's basically a draft of rock music recorded after 1980 but with a revolutionary two dice gimmick that I'll reveal if there's sufficient interest.  The picks don't necessarily have to be obscurities but the rules will discourage drafting of the familiar classic rock chestnuts. 

So where were we?

It's basically a draft of rock music recorded after 1980 but with a revolutionary two dice gimmick that I'll reveal if there's sufficient interest.  The picks don't necessarily have to be obscurities but the rules will discourage drafting of the familiar classic rock chestnuts. 
I’m good for any of them but I like choice 5 - if we’d be looking at more “obscure” songs in the classic rock vein.

Have we ever had an Album cover draft?  It would add a visual component.  I guess we could do categories or covers?  Then you pick one song off the album?  I don't know just trying to muddy the waters.  But I'm down for anything, maybe.

So where were we?

Honestly, I can't run one right now, summer is half over, genrepalooza too time consuming for summer and I don't understand the alpha/omega thing, so in the interest of actual starting stuffing, I say we do your new classic rock idea. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We in a state of disarray. At this point, we might as well all just draft our own draft genre and see if people can guess what we are doing. 
We had some ideas. We might be able to come up with something, though I wound up liking A& O. 

Users who are viewing this thread