What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza: Now at QB for the Buffalo Bills...Goo Goo Dolls (1 Viewer)

Everyone in the world knows this one

Well it's too late, tonight
To drag the past out into the light
We're one, but we're not the same
We get to carry each other

I said a la favella los colores
The streets are getting hotter
There is no water to put out the fire
Mi canto la esperanza

No one has explicitly said they only want to do the FF part, So I believe the following are in for both the fantasy football and music draft:

NV

El Floppo

The Dreaded Marco

Ilov80s

Rockaction

Kupcho1

Mr. Ected

Simey

Mrs. Rannous

AhrnCityPahdner

Bonzai

JZilla

Karma Police

With music only participants

Eephus

Chaos Commish

Hov34

Last edited by a moderator:
Opinions from people who play FF on this format (is it too many starters)?

1QB

2RB

3WR

1QB/RB/WR/TE (superflex)

1RB/WR/TE (standard flex)

1TE

1PK

1DF

0.5 point per reception 

4 point passing TD

All else Yahoo standard scoring. 

I'm thinking

DRAFT A - 20 round Fantasy Football draft - rules and precise setup to be determined.

DRAFT B - 20 round Everything else we've talked about in here, set up to mimic the position scarcity of the fantasy football draft.

• 6 "songs of summer" selections - 1 each from 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s
  • 5 "music that shaped me" selections 
  • @Eephus unstated classic rock shtick selections - this can be swapped out if it doesn't fit the shtick
  • 4 alpha/omega selections - they can be based on any songs taken in the first 3 rounds (from any of the above categories)
  • 1 song related to football in anyway - this can easily allow the football neutral or anti-football folks to shtick it up.
...and this craziness for the music option unless someone suggest otherwise (I kind of feel like we need some flex and superflex music categories to make it more similar/confusing). 

Northern Voice said:

1QB

2RB

3WR

1QB/RB/WR/TE (superflex)

1TE

1PK

1DF

0.5 point per reception 

4 point passing TD

I like this,thumbs up

Northern Voice said:
No one has explicitly said they only want to do the FF part, So I believe the following are in for both the fantasy football and music draft:

NV

El Floppo

The Dreaded Marco

Ilov80s

Rockaction

Kupcho1

Mr. Ected

Simey

Mrs. Rannous

AhrnCityPahdner

Bonzai

JZilla

Karma Police

With music only participants

Eephus

Chaos Commish
:lol:

I never once said I was in... but I'm in.

Northern Voice said:

1QB

2RB

3WR

1QB/RB/WR/TE (superflex)

1TE

1PK

1DF

0.5 point per reception 

4 point passing TD

I don't need the superflex, but whatev. 

also- what's a DF? 

How busy is this going to get next week?

I may let you get down to 12.  On the plus side it looks like I got a job!

I'll be traveling a bit and don't want to hold things up

Feel free to take over that side GB  :yes:
OK, here's my concept but it's probably for players only.  I might have to pick a side.

When you draft a pretend football player you must also pick a song (album?) performed by artist(s) who either:

1. Is from his NFL city.
  2. is from within 100 miles of his college
Lineage can be traced from being born there, or beginning their career there so Joe Strummer would be eligible for either Ankara or London.  We'll use Wikipedia as the authoritative source. 

I haven't followed the NFL for about five years so I have no idea if these rules will even work.   I'm more a Packer fan than a football fan these days so we'll give them territorial rights to Milwaukee.

When you draft a pretend football player you must also pick a song (album?) performed by artist(s) who either:

1. Is from his NFL city.
  2. is from within 100 miles of his college
Lineage can be traced from being born there, or beginning their career there so Joe Strummer would be eligible for either Ankara or London.  We'll use Wikipedia as the authoritative source. 
:lmao:   Sweet Jeebus.  

Also - we aren't paying for this FF stuff are we?  I haven't looked at stuff, and just might be drafting NFL players based on the artist, not vice versa...

Updated with clarifications

OK, here's my concept but it's probably for players only.  I might have to pick a side.

When you draft a pretend football player you must also pick a song (album?) performed by an artist (solo or band) who can trace origins to either:

1. The player's NFL city. -OR-
  2. His college (within a 100 mile radius)
So if you picked Kevin Durant, you'd also need to pick a song by a performer from Oakland or within 100 miles of Austin.

I haven't followed the NFL for about five years so I have no idea if these rules will even work.  

The fine print:

I'm more a Packer fan than a football fan these days so we'll give them territorial rights to Milwaukee.

NFL team representation is by their named city e.g. New York, San Francisco rather than E. Rutherford or Santa Clara

Teams named after states or regions get their home city, not the entire state, e.g. Boston, Nashville

:lmao:   Sweet Jeebus.  

Also - we aren't paying for this FF stuff are we?  I haven't looked at stuff, and just might be drafting NFL players based on the artist, not vice versa...
I'm assuming free league for bragging rights and if people want to play for money, can always do side bets or something. 

Users who are viewing this thread