What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In this thread I rank my favorite Beatles songs: 204-1. (1 Viewer)

I think this thread has more snow shoeing and wine tasting than Beatles songs. 
:sadbanana: Ok, let’s take it back down until the Fab Four thing is done.  It’s gone off the rails.  I’ll be back if/when that’s going to be aired.   :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you guys help me with a little thread clean-up?  I’m starting with all the TV chat.  Tomorrow (later today, I guess) I’ll deal with the video madness.

Starting on page 117, I’ve “hidden” all my posts relating to TV chat.  Could you do the same?  Want to keep this Beatles-ish focused.  @Ilov80s @wikkidpissah @Officer Pete Malloy @Man of Constant Sorrow @Getzlaf15 @rockaction @Mister CIA @Tom Hagen

The diversion was my fault, not yours!  Thanks for the help. :)  
There's already a full-on Beatles thread. This one is your and for for all things related to yur adventure. More TVs and snowshoes and wine, in my imo. 

Nooooooooo I'm was just joking. I love it. 
I'm not Krista, but I stayed at a Hol... 

Seriously, the way I read k's response is more in regards to looking pretty for the Sirius people. 

Once that adventure has been completed, and all the experience points are calculated...well...we'll level-up, and a new adventure will begin; with many of the great things that'r being tidied up at the moment. 🤓

Don't mean to speak for Krista, but...that's how I read things. 

Please correct me if I am wrong, K. 

Nooooooooo I'm was just joking. I love it. 

There's already a full-on Beatles thread. This one is your and for for all things related to yur adventure. More TVs and snowshoes and wine, in my imo. 
I calculated a 93.7% chance you weren't complaining, but I did mean it when I said the board doesn't need a kristaTAN or what's essentially my diary, so I wanted to rein that in a bit.  Think I've been avoiding some real-life stresses by processing life in the safe confines here instead, which isn't the best approach.

I'm not Krista, but I stayed at a Hol... 

Seriously, the way I read k's response is more in regards to looking pretty for the Sirius people. 

Once that adventure has been completed, and all the experience points are calculated...well...we'll level-up, and a new adventure will begin; with many of the great things that'r being tidied up at the moment. 🤓

Don't mean to speak for Krista, but...that's how I read things. 

Please correct me if I am wrong, K. 
Oh no, if that were a concern, there's a lot worse stuff here than TV talk, such as the entire last page and most of Mr. krista's comments.

I was going to apologize for creating all this work for you, then I realized that you ranked over 200 Beatles songs on the internet with detailed write-ups that no one read.
No, you're awesome!  Thanks for all you did.  My problem with this is that, like almost everything, I somehow take simultaneously too seriously and not seriously enough.  It'll all be just fine.

I do wonder if anyone has ideas on one particular item I'm struggling with.  If you could describe Ringo as the "most _____ Beatle" or "best Beatle at ______" or some such (don't say drumming), whatcha got?

ETA:  Sorry, wikkid.  I use the word "awesome" primarily because my brother hates it.  I'm the little sister so I have to.

Aw, no, hadn't seen that.  What an icon and innovator.
2 months short of 82 so he lived himself quite a life and I hope he gets the celebration he deserves. He’s a total rock god.

eta: misread an article on his age- whoops

No, you're awesome!  Thanks for all you did.  My problem with this is that, like almost everything, I somehow take simultaneously too seriously and not seriously enough.  It'll all be just fine.

I do wonder if anyone has ideas on one particular item I'm struggling with.  If you could describe Ringo as the "most _____ Beatle" or "best Beatle at ______" or some such (don't say drumming), whatcha got?

ETA:  Sorry, wikkid.  I use the word "awesome" primarily because my brother hates it.  I'm the little sister so I have to.
glib. the insouciance of his punctuations out-Liverpools all his Mersey bros

ETA: As a big brother, i make everybody pay UNLESS they can get under my skin, so shock my awe some

For me, he seems like the most fun, affable, approachable, humble, down to earth, unpretentious, gracious and relatable of the four. He just gives off a sense of enjoying the heck out of his life and everything that's come with it without seeming entitled and arrogant. He's living the dream, he knows it, and yet he hasn't let it define him, he's still, always himself, not what he might think other people think he should be. That's why he's my favorite of the four.

For me, he seems like the most fun, affable, approachable, humble, down to earth, unpretentious, gracious and relatable of the four. He just gives off a sense of enjoying the heck out of his life and everything that's come with it without seeming entitled and arrogant. He's living the dream, he knows it, and yet he hasn't let it define him, he's still, always himself, not what he might think other people think he should be. That's why he's my favorite of the four.
What a great summation.

Ringo was a freaking rock, and I will never suffer a bad word upon the man.  

glib. the insouciance of his punctuations out-Liverpools all his Mersey bros

ETA: As a big brother, i make everybody pay UNLESS they can get under my skin, so shock my awe some
I was gonna make a glib comment that involved feathers, but:

...so shock my awe some... 

- has shut me up. 

Need sigs badly; yes we do. 

You nailed it.  In what I'd composed, I hit on a bit of this but was having a tough time boiling it down.  I'll need to use about 50% fewer words but hope you won't mind if I use some of this, in particular some form of the bolded.

How do you feel about Her Royal Highness Nurse Parsnip Potatoface of House Floof?  

Theoretically.
I'd like it a lot better if I could fit it into stupid lyrics. 

Don't get me wrong - it's plenty stupid, K - it's just a terrible amount of syllables for most any meter. 

I mean; maybe Across The Universe...but THAT ain't happening by my hand. 

I'll think. 

That name is just too stupid to not put to good use. 

Well done! 😁

You nailed it.  In what I'd composed, I hit on a bit of this but was having a tough time boiling it down.  I'll need to use about 50% fewer words but hope you won't mind if I use some of this, in particular some form of the bolded.
Right on.

I might add, I think he had the best Simpsons guest spot (among his, George and Paul's appearances) as well.

A friend of mine who writes for the WaPo just posted this on Facebook about **** Dale, and I thought @Ilov80s, @NotSmart, @Leroy Hoard, and other fans might enjoy.  In spoilers only due to length.

**** Dale, RIP. In late 2015 I interviewed him for the Washington Post for a story I was doing about musicians and healthcare. It was well known that **** was still touring in his late 70s despite suffering many ailments. He even had to perform while sitting on a stool hiding a colostomy bag. 
What I expected would be a quick 20 minute call turned out to be a two hours and forty-five minute conversation. **** talked about reincarnation, UFOs, his commitment to wellness, his wife who had the powers of a medium, his time with Jimi Hendrix, and much more.
I have it all on tape, but today I went through my notes and pulled out some choice passages to share in his passing. Despite his health issues, he was an amazing musician right up to the end. And as a character? Sadly, I'm afraid not many of his kind are left. Our loss.
I never heard anyone that comes to a #### Dale concert say “**** Dale sucks” and just leaves. Performance talks and bull#### walks. That’s all there is to it.
I don’t like musicians. I never did. Because they don’t show a proper way of politeness or a proper character. What kind of message do you give smashing a guitar on the stage? 
The difference between the music of yesteryear and music of today … yesteryear it was very, very pleasurable, sentimental and heart-warming. And today it breaks glass, it’s totally destructive. And that’s the reason why you realize country music is played on more radio stations throughout the world more than any other kind of music. That’s a fact. It’s because it’s songs about places. “Don’t Fence Me In.” Hillbilly songs are songs about people.
I personally don’t think people should have babies today. Why? Because they are wonderful in the beginning and then when they get subjected in school to peer pressure that surrounds them … I’ve seen kids that are so sweet and delicate and they are in prison for shooting and stabbing somebody. They destroy their body, they destroy their mind. Why? Your body is your temple. Respect it. Don’t desecrate your body.
Unfortunately [Jimi Hendrix] was a product of the peers around him that sucked him into drugs. In the beginning when I found him playing bass for Little Richard we made him a true left-handed neck. He was very humble, very nice, very quiet. Then he got in with the drugs. When these kids start I tell them, “you walk your own path and the good ones will follow you. Don’t be in that band because they are big names. They will hire you then you’ll be in their cars when they’re smoking and taking crack and coke and you will be destroyed.” Your body follows your mind. Be proud enough that you don’t do those things. Don’t drink soda pop, drink water. If you’re going to drink something sweet, put fruits in a blender and drink up the juice. 
You have to give back what life gives to you. [My wife Lana and I], we’re inseparable. We live alone together with our animals. The payback is that we’re still here. We must give back and our giving back is to bring people all together in one place. For Viva Las Vegas I had 30,000 people there. I sat and signed for five and a half hours after with Lana. I met every person there. Music soothes the beast. If you know how to play the music that the beast will understand. 
I feel we’ve been kept alive for two reasons: To be like Johnny Appleseed. Because we get all of these emails from people who are ill and we try to comfort them. People who are dying from cancers. I call them to give them some hope. If you fake what is going on, you’ll forget about your own pain.
I recorded my [deceased] mother on my iPhone. I have recorded spirits who live on this ranch. One is an Indian who lived for 100 years. I have recorded him. I brought him candles. Three little wicks. Sitting on file cabinet. I didn’t light them yet. I look over at the candles and the flame was three feet high and six inches from the ceiling. Covered the edges with black smoke. Alarms going off. I jumped off the bed. 
Medicaid won’t cover my insulin shot every day. Those needles. They go to $1,000 and then we have to pay quarter of the balance on that. It’s unbelievable what we have to come up with. It’s bad enough to pay medical insurance, period. On top of that I have to pay $3,000. They will not send me the full amount of attachments to keep my stomach clean. They only allow so many in a box a month. So we have to pay them cash to be able to change these things.
Wise men and the monks believe you don’t talk about yesterday because it already has been used. It was either good or not so good. Why talk about it? 
We have 81 acres here. And my buddy across the way has 100 acres. No one is going to come up my dirt road unless it’s him or me. If we don’t know them, we shoot at them. When I go out at night we sit outside and when the moon is not full. The sky is so black, it’s like you’re sitting inside the Milky Way. You can taste it. It’s the closest thing to God. I have seen unborn stars become stars. I have seen things people would call UFOs. Meteorites slashing across the sky and coming to the ground. We can see everything. Every five minutes you see a falling star.

A friend of mine who writes for the WaPo just posted this on Facebook about **** Dale, and I thought @Ilov80s, @NotSmart, @Leroy Hoard, and other fans might enjoy.  In spoilers only due to length.

**** Dale, RIP. In late 2015 I interviewed him for the Washington Post for a story I was doing about musicians and healthcare. It was well known that **** was still touring in his late 70s despite suffering many ailments. He even had to perform while sitting on a stool hiding a colostomy bag. 
What I expected would be a quick 20 minute call turned out to be a two hours and forty-five minute conversation. **** talked about reincarnation, UFOs, his commitment to wellness, his wife who had the powers of a medium, his time with Jimi Hendrix, and much more.
I have it all on tape, but today I went through my notes and pulled out some choice passages to share in his passing. Despite his health issues, he was an amazing musician right up to the end. And as a character? Sadly, I'm afraid not many of his kind are left. Our loss.
I never heard anyone that comes to a #### Dale concert say “**** Dale sucks” and just leaves. Performance talks and bull#### walks. That’s all there is to it.
I don’t like musicians. I never did. Because they don’t show a proper way of politeness or a proper character. What kind of message do you give smashing a guitar on the stage? 
The difference between the music of yesteryear and music of today … yesteryear it was very, very pleasurable, sentimental and heart-warming. And today it breaks glass, it’s totally destructive. And that’s the reason why you realize country music is played on more radio stations throughout the world more than any other kind of music. That’s a fact. It’s because it’s songs about places. “Don’t Fence Me In.” Hillbilly songs are songs about people.
I personally don’t think people should have babies today. Why? Because they are wonderful in the beginning and then when they get subjected in school to peer pressure that surrounds them … I’ve seen kids that are so sweet and delicate and they are in prison for shooting and stabbing somebody. They destroy their body, they destroy their mind. Why? Your body is your temple. Respect it. Don’t desecrate your body.
Unfortunately [Jimi Hendrix] was a product of the peers around him that sucked him into drugs. In the beginning when I found him playing bass for Little Richard we made him a true left-handed neck. He was very humble, very nice, very quiet. Then he got in with the drugs. When these kids start I tell them, “you walk your own path and the good ones will follow you. Don’t be in that band because they are big names. They will hire you then you’ll be in their cars when they’re smoking and taking crack and coke and you will be destroyed.” Your body follows your mind. Be proud enough that you don’t do those things. Don’t drink soda pop, drink water. If you’re going to drink something sweet, put fruits in a blender and drink up the juice. 
You have to give back what life gives to you. [My wife Lana and I], we’re inseparable. We live alone together with our animals. The payback is that we’re still here. We must give back and our giving back is to bring people all together in one place. For Viva Las Vegas I had 30,000 people there. I sat and signed for five and a half hours after with Lana. I met every person there. Music soothes the beast. If you know how to play the music that the beast will understand. 
I feel we’ve been kept alive for two reasons: To be like Johnny Appleseed. Because we get all of these emails from people who are ill and we try to comfort them. People who are dying from cancers. I call them to give them some hope. If you fake what is going on, you’ll forget about your own pain.
I recorded my [deceased] mother on my iPhone. I have recorded spirits who live on this ranch. One is an Indian who lived for 100 years. I have recorded him. I brought him candles. Three little wicks. Sitting on file cabinet. I didn’t light them yet. I look over at the candles and the flame was three feet high and six inches from the ceiling. Covered the edges with black smoke. Alarms going off. I jumped off the bed. 
Medicaid won’t cover my insulin shot every day. Those needles. They go to $1,000 and then we have to pay quarter of the balance on that. It’s unbelievable what we have to come up with. It’s bad enough to pay medical insurance, period. On top of that I have to pay $3,000. They will not send me the full amount of attachments to keep my stomach clean. They only allow so many in a box a month. So we have to pay them cash to be able to change these things.
Wise men and the monks believe you don’t talk about yesterday because it already has been used. It was either good or not so good. Why talk about it? 
We have 81 acres here. And my buddy across the way has 100 acres. No one is going to come up my dirt road unless it’s him or me. If we don’t know them, we shoot at them. When I go out at night we sit outside and when the moon is not full. The sky is so black, it’s like you’re sitting inside the Milky Way. You can taste it. It’s the closest thing to God. I have seen unborn stars become stars. I have seen things people would call UFOs. Meteorites slashing across the sky and coming to the ground. We can see everything. Every five minutes you see a falling star.
What an interesting person.

Can you imagine sitting back and watching Wikkid and **** Dale talk for a spell?

Please don't retroactively edit this thread.  I've enjoyed all of it.

I think you are too much in your head when you are recording.  The giggling is cute.  So's the cat.  House Floof is well represented.

I'm gonna miss **** Dale.  I've drafted him and his music a whole bunch.

Please don't retroactively edit this thread.  I've enjoyed all of it.

I think you are too much in your head when you are recording.  The giggling is cute.  So's the cat.  House Floof is well represented.

I'm gonna miss **** Dale.  I've drafted him and his music a whole bunch.
Awww, you're a doll as always.  I'm pleasantly surprised to see you here since you're not a Beatles fan.  Thanks for the words of encouragement.  Being too much in my head...moi?  C'est impossible!  ;)  

Awww, you're a doll as always.  I'm pleasantly surprised to see you here since you're not a Beatles fan.  Thanks for the words of encouragement.  Being too much in my head...moi?  C'est impossible!  ;)  
No one's ever called me a doll before.  I guess my life is complete.  I would have been here much more, but Real Life intervened.  Twice.

Try picturing the Fab Four naked when you do your intros.  I'd go with the younger versions of them, otherwise you end up in a Grateful Dead  "Touch of Grey" video.

No one's ever called me a doll before.  I guess my life is complete.  I would have been here much more, but Real Life intervened.  Twice.

Try picturing the Fab Four naked when you do your intros.  I'd go with the younger versions of them, otherwise you end up in a Grateful Dead  "Touch of Grey" video.
:lol:  Well, you're always super-kind to me and therefore you've earned the (coveted) Doll ranking.  Sorry about Real Life.  Hope things are going OK.

Now that you mentioned them naked, I can't get that nude picture of John and Yoko out of my head.   :(  

Now that you mentioned them naked, I can't get that nude picture of John and Yoko out of my head
Oddly, 70's hygiene standards... 

...well, they don't bother me; at all. 

I also likes Mrs R's mental trick. It works pretty good for me - except for Ringo - in my mind his mustache is just toooo porny. ☹️

:lol:  Well, you're always super-kind to me and therefore you've earned the (coveted) Doll ranking.  Sorry about Real Life.  Hope things are going OK.

Now that you mentioned them naked, I can't get that nude picture of John and Yoko out of my head.   :(  
Christ, you know it ain't sleazy

Two virgins feeling so free

But what they are showin'

There's just things you can't unsee

I did a take of my first song intro that wasn't half bad.  It was about 40% bad.  i did nail the "Beatle fan Krista" part without laughing, though! 

Two issues, any suggestions welcome:

1.  Sound quality was a little echo-y or sounded slightly like I was in a prison cell (which I was not at the time).  Do I need to be in a smaller space?  Pillows?  Or is this something they'd fix?  I was doing it on voice memo on my phone, if that matters.

2.  The people they have doing these usually sound giddy to be there.  I do not sound giddy (mostly because I am not); I sound more like your friend talking to you about whatever BS you talk about.  Without resorting to wine, how can I give myself a little more oomph?

Users who are viewing this thread