What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (1 Viewer)

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Annnnd here is Mike Huckabee with Parnas and Fruman.

- There have been a couple good posts in here about why/how Russian and Ukrainian money got into our politics. It's complex, but hopefully at the end of all this there is a fix. I'm not sure that fixing the Citizens United decision is specifically it either (though that's part of it) because this stuff is inherently outside the system. I love the Fara enforcement underway, that's a piece. But the why and the solution of it is a long discussion.
I guess there's some KGB folks whose job was to document all of this so they can extort later. 

Manu Raju @mkraju · 27m

We are actually done with nine hours of Hill on the Hill, heading into hour 10

That is a lot of questions...

ETA - Hill = Fiona Hill’s closed-door deposition

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess there's some KGB folks whose job was to document all of this so they can extort later. 
I think it’s just well known playbook for someone who might want to extort him. Take a photo with Trump to establish a connection for him. If you ever get in trouble and need his help, threaten to put out the pictures and go to the media.

Mayor Giuliani to the White Courtesy Phone.  Mayor Rudy Giuliani to the White Courtesy Phone.

NEWS: Sondland will also testify that after he attended Zelensky’s inauguration in May, he met with Trump, Rick Perry and Kurt Volker in the Oval Office. Trump told them that any in-person meeting between Trump and Zelensky would have to be approved by Giuliani.

Sondland will testify that it was only later that he became aware that a public commitment by Ukraine’s new government to address corruption – including Burisma Holdings – was a prerequisite for a Trump-Zelenskiy meeting.

Mayor Giuliani to the White Courtesy Phone.  Mayor Rudy Giuliani to the White Courtesy Phone.

NEWS: Sondland will also testify that after he attended Zelensky’s inauguration in May, he met with Trump, Rick Perry and Kurt Volker in the Oval Office. Trump told them that any in-person meeting between Trump and Zelensky would have to be approved by Giuliani.

Sondland will testify that it was only later that he became aware that a public commitment by Ukraine’s new government to address corruption – including Burisma Holdings – was a prerequisite for a Trump-Zelenskiy meeting.
Does anyone remember voting for Guliani?  Was Guliani's sest on the cabinet confirmed by Congreff?  

From WaPo: Trump’s ex-Russia adviser told impeachment investigators of Giuliani’s efforts in Ukraine

Fiona Hill, the White House’s former top Russia adviser, told impeachment investigators on Monday that Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, ran a shadow foreign policy in Ukraine that circumvented U.S. officials and career diplomats in order to personally benefit President Trump, according to a person familiar with her testimony.

Hill, who served as the senior official for Russia and Europe on the National Security Council, was the latest witness in a fast-moving impeachment inquiry focused on whether the president abused his office by using the promise of military aid and diplomatic support to pressure Ukraine into investigating his political rivals.

In a closed-door session that lasted roughly 10 hours, Hill told lawmakers that she confronted Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, about Giuliani’s activities which, she testified, were not coordinated with the officials responsible for carrying out U.S. foreign policy, this person said on the condition of anonymity to disclose details of her deposition.

Wait - is that a hand grenade I see being tossed into the fray:

Peter Baker

@peterbakernyt

· 16m

Breaking: Bolton instructed aide to report Giuliani pressure campaign to White House lawyer. “I am not part of whatever drug deal Rudy and Mulvaney are cooking up,” Bolton said, according to testimony to House investigators. @npfandos

On another occasion, he said, "Giuliani’s a hand grenade who’s going to blow everybody up,” according to testimony by Fiona Hill.

Amazing

When they vote for impeachment you will have them on the record. 
This whole made up vote need is laughable. It is plainly the only thing the far right can focus on, and I don’t believe they even want it. You think republicans in contested areas want to be on record voting against impeachment inquiry with all these damning facts already known? No way.

Peter Baker

@peterbakernyt

· 16m

Breaking: Bolton instructed aide to report Giuliani pressure campaign to White House lawyer. “I am not part of whatever drug deal Rudy and Mulvaney are cooking up,” Bolton said, according to testimony to House investigators. @npfandos

On another occasion, he said, "Giuliani’s a hand grenade who’s going to blow everybody up,” according to testimony by Fiona Hill.
I believe that’s the first mention of Mulvaney being tied in. If Trump survives this, he’s gonna have to throw all his most trusted henchmen under the bus.

I'm holding any judgement until the Democrats vote on whether or not they should vote on whether or not they will vote to proceed with voting before any impeachment investigation. One vote is not good enough.
Its almost as if they didn't publicly announce support for the  inquiry 

Ex-Trump aide on Russia testifies for 10 hours as part of impeachment inquiry

Emerging from the long-drawn deposition, Democrats said Hill's testimony only bolsters the allegations that Trump and those in his closest orbit had pressured foreign officials to tarnish a domestic political adversary for the purpose of boosting his reelection chances next year. They also characterized her as a highly credible civil servant - one Republicans would have difficulty discrediting.

"Her recall of meetings and content and who was there, with such specificity, was in some ways extraordinary," Rep. Harley Rouda (D-Calif.), a member of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, said afterward. 

"A true patriot," he added. "I found her to be very credible." 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/house/465787-ex-trump-aide-on-russia-testifies-about-shadow-foreign-policy-in-ukraine-in-10%3famp

But Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.) argued the selective media leaks about witnesses' testimony aren't reflective of a grand jury proceeding and echoed other Republicans in calling for publicly releasing transcripts of each closed-door session.

"In a grand jury trial, you don't come out and leak anything that you heard that's favorable to try to have a story spun as positively as you can," Zeldin said.

Rep. Denny Heck (D-Wash.) predicted that the transcripts would be released eventually.

In the meantime, Heck said, Trump and his allies "are darn lucky these weren't public."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/house/465787-ex-trump-aide-on-russia-testifies-about-shadow-foreign-policy-in-ukraine-in-10%3famp

But Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.) argued the selective media leaks about witnesses' testimony aren't reflective of a grand jury proceeding and echoed other Republicans in calling for publicly releasing transcripts of each closed-door session.

"In a grand jury trial, you don't come out and leak anything that you heard that's favorable to try to have a story spun as positively as you can," Zeldin said.

Rep. Denny Heck (D-Wash.) predicted that the transcripts would be released eventually.

In the meantime, Heck said, Trump and his allies "are darn lucky these weren't public."

I fully support making them public.

Bolton instructed aide to report Giuliani pressure campaign to White House lawyer.
The CIA has lawyers, the WH has lawyers, and the NSC has lawyers. So far we know CIA counsel referred it to DOJ for criminal investigation. I guess we’ll see what the others did. McGahn refused to follow orders and got the hell out, we know that much from before.

Could Bolton be the person who informed the whistleblower? 
Bolton and probably the other officials who were forced out. Bill Taylor who was their of the first one to identify what was going on seems to be missing (unless I’m mistaken) from the list of witnesses in the impeachment inquiry. He could be one of the whistleblowers.

Thanks but the Democrats need to vote for any support but before that the Democrats need to vote on when they will announce support. So, chalk up two more votes.
They should just pass a bill banning the wall that includes a rider requiring a vote before any impeachment investigation can begin. Then they can send it to the Senate and Moscow Mitch will bury it on his desk.

Peter Baker

@peterbakernyt

· 16m

Will be funnier than SNL skit watching Hannity spin his Deep State conspiracy claiming conservative war hawk Bolton is part of the Deep State :lmao: . The “Trumptanic” is starting to sink folks. Time to get on the life boats Trumpers before there are no more available.

Look, I'm sure Trump isn't the first President to run a shadow foreign service comprised of people in his direct, personal employ and not on the payroll of the USG. I'm sure there's at least 100 good reasons for subverting the established government apparatus via unaccountable non-state personnel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew Desiderio @AndrewDesiderio

BREAKING: Fiona Hill told House impeachment investigators that she had at least two meetings with NSC lawyer John Eisenberg about Rudy Giuliani’s Ukraine efforts, according to a person with direct knowledge of her testimony. Both meetings were at the urging of Bolton.

White House warned.  White House gave zero ####s.

Rudy fights back:

@RudyGiuliani on Bolton calling him a “hand grenade.” RG: “I’m very disappointed that his bitterness drives him to attack a friend falsely...It’s really ironic that John Bolton is calling anyone else a hand grenade. When John is described by many as an atomic bomb . “

Rightly or wrongly, but is it assumed that Bolton is the whistle blower? He was let go out of nowhere and seems to have been worried about Ukraine.

I like that he qualified it this way :lmao:

If you listen to these people, they tell on themselves all the time with stuff like this.  I didn't hear Mr Zeldin protesting Barr's release of his memo when the whole report was available, but I guess that wasn't "grand jury trial" now was it?  So transparent :lmao:  

Rightly or wrongly, but is it assumed that Bolton is the whistle blower? He was let go out of nowhere and seems to have been worried about Ukraine.
I would be surprised if Bolton was the whistleblower.  He may have information he wants to share - but he does not strike me as someone who would continue to stay hidden.  Seems like he would be happy yo testify publicly at this point.

Having said that - the actual whistleblower is not the story here (and really never was the story).  The story is from who ever talked to the whistleblower - and Bolton seems like a likely candidate for some of those conversations.

Peter Baker

@peterbakernyt

· 16m

John Bolton: "You know, this Giuliani guy is a little rash and reckless for my tastes."

Users who are viewing this thread