What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (11 Viewers)

They said Zelensky is not in position to say what happened.
They said after he found out, he went on multiple media sites and interviews saying he didn't feel pressure and then went on to say he likely only said that to basically stay on Trump's good side. Wouldn't that be saying he lied?

:lmao:  Verifying corruption before releasing funds is one thing. Asking Ukraine to investigate it's own corruption before releasing funds is like asking the fox to inventory the hen house. 

Well this is news to me:

In 2018, the Trump administration authorized sales to Ukraine of a shoulder-fired anti-tank missile called the Javelin, reversing an Obama administration policy of supplying only non-lethal aid.

But there is a big catch. The Trump administration provided the missiles on the condition that they not be used in the war, Ukrainian officials and American diplomats have said, lest they provoke Russia to slip more powerful weaponry to the separatists.

“They are not to be on the front line,” Iryna Herashchenko, a former chief settlement negotiator, said of the missiles. Their precise deployment positions are kept secret.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/24/world/europe/ukraine-war-impeachment.html

Color me highly skeptical. 
I wonder what skeptics, or Trump supporters, would have expected here.

Hypothetically, what if while he was running his FBI committee investigation using rules similar to what Schiff used, what would Nunes have done if an FBI agent or officer had come to him or one of his staff members to report actually serious wrongdoing in the Russia investigation by the FBI?

- Would Nunes have used that information for partisan purposes and debriefed the guy himself?

- Would Nunes have told this person to go to Fox, Breitbart or the Gateway Pundit?

- Would Nunes have told him to leak the documents and data, perhaps through wikileaks?

- Would he have told him to follow procedure and inform DOJ counsel?

- Would he have told him to follow the whistleblower statutes?

What is the expectation of what the right thing to do would be?

TAYLOR on Gordon Sondland:

"It's a little unusual for the U.S. Ambassador to the E.U. to play a role in Ukraine policy." Castor follows up, "It might be irregular, but it's certainly not outlandish."

Taylor smiles, but doesn't actually answer.
This has been shuking me the whole time, as in: "the US administration really  thinks Ukraine is in the EU?"

They said after he found out, he went on multiple media sites and interviews saying he didn't feel pressure and then went on to say he likely only said that to basically stay on Trump's good side. Wouldn't that be saying he lied?
Or that he is not in a position to answer freely.

President Zelenskyy also stated that he didn't want to be used as an instrument in a US re-election campaign.

When a hostage says in a video that his captors are fair and just, is he lying? That seems like an unfair charge. He's s saying what he has to say in order to avoid threats being carried out against him.

Zelenskyy lied to protect his country imo.
And if I were him I'd do it again. The odds are strong President Trump will stay in office at least another year. He might even stay in office another 5 years. I can't afford to piss him off. And even after he's gone, I can't afford to have Republicans angry with me. I need to maintain bipartisan support.

Of all the Republicans thus far, she did the best, but her main points seem to directly conflict with some of the other Republicans today. 
But her main argument, that we ended up releasing aid to Ukraine, is still a very weak one. The money was released right after Congress announced their investigation. There still has been no explanation why it was abruptly released.

SWALWELL: "Mr. Kent, are you a Never Trumper?"

KENT: "I am a career nonprofessional who serves whatever president is duly elected ... I've done that for 27 years." ...

SWALWELL: "Amb. Taylor, are you a Never Trumper?

TAYLOR: "No sir."

One point I think the Dems should hammer on: if investigating the Bidens was legitimate, why didn't our Justice Department do it? Trump was asked this the other day and he said "that's up to Barr."

Rachel Maddow MSNBC @maddow 4m4 minutes ago

The emerging narrative in GOP members' questioning -- that US military aid to Ukraine is essential and should never be put at risk or messed with -- is... uh... compelling.

Specifically, it's a compelling case against Pres. Trump putting a hold on that aid.

Don't they see that?

:no:

Lol at Chris Stewart. We first heard a lot about quid pro quo and then it turns out that was meaningless.  

Um it was trump and his guys talking about quid pro quo until they found out there was quid pro quo and then they were the ones who decided it was meaningless. 

So Ukraine got the assistance and there was no investigation of Biden.     Is this another nothingburger?
So the defendant shot at the victim, missed, and the victim got to where he is going in one piece.  Is this another nothingburger?

Last edited by a moderator:
One point I think the Dems should hammer on: if investigating the Bidens was legitimate, why didn't our Justice Department do it? Trump was asked this the other day and he said "that's up to Barr."
Meh. These two won’t be able to answer that.

I liked how Swalwell made it clear that while the Republicans are trying to brand Kent and Taylor as non-direct witnesses the ones who are direct witnesses are refusing to comply with their subpoenas. 

JFC the questions that call for legal conclusions from witnesses who are unqualified to answer them, yet possess very relevant fact knowledge, are just awful. I know they're swinging for the fences and trying to get a soundbite but they look like little leaguers trying to take Strasburg yard. 

The firing of the ambassador is not in itself an impeachable offense. It's important in order to lay out the background behind Trump's extortion effort, which IS an impeachable offense.

Users who are viewing this thread