What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's play an online poker tournament tonight? (3 Viewers)

That was only my third time playing Omaha Hi-Lo, but how the hell does a 7 man tournament go 2 hours and 15 minutes? Jesus, what a marathon session. Those last few hands I was carrying my elderly dog outside with a laptop in the other hand.  He couldn't wait any longer.

That was only my third time playing Omaha Hi-Lo, but how the hell does a 7 man tournament go 2 hours and 15 minutes? Jesus, what a marathon session. Those last few hands I was carrying my elderly dog outside with a laptop in the other hand.  He couldn't wait any longer.
Yeah that was nuts. (Also just my 3rd Omaha game). 

good fun tonight guys. I had no business getting that far in Omaha. Was on the ropes early.

eta: I just started playing Omaha last week so ... still learning.

Last edited by a moderator:
good fun tonight guys. I had no business getting that far in Omaha. Was on the ropes early.

eta: I just started playing Omaha last week so ... still learning.
nice job! Very impressive that you did so well. It's a tough game.

nice job! Very impressive that you did so well. It's a tough game.
I just started playing it and I've cashed 4 of the 5 times I've played. I spend every hand wondering if this is a good enough starting hand, is this a winning high hand, is this good enough for the low, and my favorite: what the hell just won?  My second favorite moment is watching your hand as the 60% favorite after the flop, 80% after the turn, and then 0% after the river. Ha. It's funny how quickly things can turn even when you flop a boat.

I just started playing it and I've cashed 4 of the 5 times I've played. I spend every hand wondering if this is a good enough starting hand, is this a winning high hand, is this good enough for the low, and my favorite: what the hell just won?  My second favorite moment is watching your hand as the 60% favorite after the flop, 80% after the turn, and then 0% after the river. Ha. It's funny how quickly things can turn even when you flop a boat.
Dang! That's impressive too! And I agree with you on those percentages - it's enough to drive one to pour another whiskey... And another...

Omaha is the worst game ever.

Yea, I don't know how to play it and get my ### handed to me every time.

:bag:  
Best game ever.   There are a lot of trap hands people think are OK to play and in the long run, they will get you in a lot of trouble. Except for one guys that plays and hits them 80 percent instead of 20 percent.  

Its really a game where you master the art of the crying call. The trickiest spots for me are where I'm marginal both ways and facing a good-sized bet. You obviously can't fold to anything, but there are a lot of times where I find myself wincing as I call.

Users who are viewing this thread