What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Preseason Game Observations (4 Viewers)

Lions udfa wr jay lee from baylor certainly looks the part. They may try to sneak him onto the practice squad. Chris spielman was talking him up in the pregame
Great to hear! As someone who saw every one of his college games, this is expected. Although a little bit one-dimensional, he's got good hands and is a good route-runner. Nowhere near the talent of guys like Coleman, Cannon or Williams and Goodley before him, he could find his way on the end of a bench.

Goff had a pretty rough end of the half against the Vikings. A botched snap led to a fumble recovery. Then after the Vikings kick a FG Goff has a pass deflected off his lineman and the Vikings DT gets the interception.

Treadwell with two drops. Not really looking that good from what I have seen of him.

Not sure if it's just the games I've been watching but it seems the refs are calling more offensive pass interference this preseason.

Not sure if it's just the games I've been watching but it seems the refs are calling more offensive pass interference this preseason.
Possible. Not sure if that is a new point of emphasis or not.

TE David Morgan was called for OPI as he was running an out route through the defender. Pete Berchich points out that if Morgan had been looking back towards the QB while doing that, he likely does not get called for it, but because he is looking at the defender while doing it.. he gets the flag.

Yeah 4th game heavy workload often means you're about to hit the street. Jace Billingsley went 7-80-1 tonight. He'll be unemployed this weekend. Same thing with Kerry Hyder (3 sacks.)

But on merit, Ruddock deserves to be the Lions backup QB. In the upside down thinking that characterizes the Lions, he'll make the team as the 3rd string QB.

Washington made the team tonight, George Winn should be cut. Not as confident about Lee, they like Andre Roberts as the fifth WR because he can be effective from outside or in the slot.

I have always kind of liked Andre Roberts. He runs some pretty good routes most of the time. He gets forgotten about a lot, especially since the Lions signed Boldin. The Lions have a lot of WR to work with.

I have noticed from afar that Joe Banyard has been playing well for the Jaguars. He had some good plays in preseason with the Vikings too. I wonder if he can make their team?

CJ Ham and Jhurell Pressley have had their moments. There are talented players across the league that never end up making the final 53.

Treadwell with two drops. Not really looking that good from what I have seen of him.
his receiving metrics weren't good in college either.  Plus his combine/pro day numbers were laughable.

No idea why people are still rating him in the same league as the other top rookie WR's.  He wasn't that good in college, his athletic measurable are awful, and he's looked like trash so far in preseason.

Put this guy out to pasture, he'll be out of the NFL within a few years.

1-5-0 for Treadwell on five targets. I cut him for Ware the Bridgewater went down - I was leaning that way already. Oh, well, wasted 15th rounder, still picked up Fuller 3 rounds later.

He's never going to stretch the field but I think the hope is he'll develop into a possession WR. Not sure I'd write him off forever but he holds no value in redraft this year. But guys do develop over time, he might become a starter some day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something Spielman was talking about is how it often takes players a full year in the system before they get comfortable with their assignments and can play faster in their second year. Examples being Linval Jospeh, Trey Waynes ect. some folks were considering Waynes a bust because he couldn't bet out Terrance Newman. 

I would never write off a rookie player just based on preseason. That is premature. I do think Treadwell has been overdrafted in redraft all along however, and opportunities for receivers has gone down I think without Bridgewater. The Vikings are going to try to win ugly with defense all year now.

1-5-0 for Treadwell on five targets. I cut him for Ware the Bridgewater went down - I was leaning that way already. Oh, well, wasted 15th rounder, still picked up Fuller 3 rounds later.

He's never going to stretch the field but I think the hope is he'll develop into a possession WR. Not sure I'd write him off forever but he holds no value in redraft this year. But guys do develop over time, he might become a starter some day.

I took Treadwell at #2 - 4  in multiple dynasty leagues, I have huge concerns. I think he may end up as JAG

Users who are viewing this thread