What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Preseason Game Observations (1 Viewer)

I'm sure Washington will get some carries but Murray should be a fine rb2
Agreed. Like what I see of Jalen Richard too.  He has shown something on offense in game action now, and (more importantly for his immeadiate odds of making the roster?) He looked good on special teams as well.

Heading off field for half time and Kubiak says that Lynch is next in line to get reps in this game - so Sanchez looks like odd man out. Would Cowboys look at Sanchez?

ETA: and it is Lynch to start 2nd half

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed. Although, usually if the starter goes down they have a bit more time to get back up ready. It looked as though the headset was not turned on for Mcgloin for the 1st play their with the play clock running 
True about having a moment if the starter is on the ground.  With that headset not working and the play clock running down ag least he didn't burn a time out.  Overall, I like McGloin as a backup QB.  He hasn't looked great tonight though and you can see how his lack of arm strength keeps him from being a realistic startibg option.

Agreed. Like what I see of Jalen Richard too.  He has shown something on offense in game action now, and (more importantly for his immeadiate odds of making the roster?) He looked good on special teams as well.
do the raiders still have reece and tawian jones on the roster?  These new guys might push them out

I just saw clips of Dak last week, but as I'm watching this game here, he seems so composed and calm.  I grabbed him in my 2QB leagues for the inevitable Romo injury so I'm just waiting for that moment to be giddy.
Update?

Goff looks a little better this week. A few drops from his receivers won't show up on the stat sheets. One ugly pass that should've been a pick six. Just took his first sack when the LT got flat out beat.

Goff looks a little better this week. A few drops from his receivers won't show up on the stat sheets. One ugly pass that should've been a pick six. Just took his first sack when the LT got flat out beat.
Thought his passes were behind and the drops more on him. Not sure how he's looked other than Hard Knocks portrayal. He throws it hard - especially that out pass. Just needs to avoid telegraphing it - because as you said Broncos missed a pick 6

I still own him if that's what you meant.  But Dak continues to look calm cool and collected, with nothing overwhelming him yet.  It is preseason but still.  As for my league, the best offer I've received is a 2nd round pick and there's no chance I accept that in 2QB.  I'm starting to believe he is the next Russell Wilson coming from behind to steal a job from the starter.  Although Romo vs Flynn is kind of a different story ha.  

I still own him if that's what you meant.  But Dak continues to look calm cool and collected, with nothing overwhelming him yet.  It is preseason but still.  As for my league, the best offer I've received is a 2nd round pick and there's no chance I accept that in 2QB.  I'm starting to believe he is the next Russell Wilson coming from behind to steal a job from the starter.  Although Romo vs Flynn is kind of a different story ha.  
Keep us posted

Washington and Richard are going to crimp Lat Murray's touches this year, especially in terms of receptions.

do the raiders still have reece and tawian jones on the roster?  These new guys might push them out
Reece is suspended to start the year. Jones could make it as the 4th back due to his special teams ability. Atkinson probably gets cut. Will be interesting to see what they do when Reece's suspension is up if the rest of their backs are still healthy. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8585/latavius-murray

Raiders coach Jack Del Rio insisted Latavius Murray's reduced playing time in the third preseason game was not indicative of Murray's starting job coming into question. Murray took a backseat as rookies DeAndre Washington and Jalen Richard ran with the Derek Carr group. Del Rio insists Murray is not falling into a committee, saying "we saw (Latavius) last year. We need to find out who will be the backup." Both rookies shined, with Washington totaling 53 yards and a touchdown on 11 touches and Richard parlaying nine touches into 42 yards. Washington is a recommended handcuff for Murray in all leagues. Aug 27 - 11:53 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8585/latavius-murray

Raiders coach Jack Del Rio insisted Latavius Murray's reduced playing time in the third preseason game was not indicative of Murray's starting job coming into question. Murray took a backseat as rookies DeAndre Washington and Jalen Richard ran with the Derek Carr group. Del Rio insists Murray is not falling into a committee, saying "we saw (Latavius) last year. We need to find out who will be the backup." Both rookies shined, with Washington totaling 53 yards and a touchdown on 11 touches and Richard parlaying nine touches into 42 yards. Washington is a recommended handcuff for Murray in all leagues. Aug 27 - 11:53 PM
This is what I thought

If Diggs can draw ~120 targets this year he'll make for a legit WR3 with a chance to sneak into WR2 territory. 

McKinnon is one of my favorite lottery tickets along with D. Washington and Henry.

I'm going on a limb and saying Gordon still isn't very good.
He is what he is. He's still probably going to have a below average success rate but given enough volume we're going to see more long TD runs this year. I think Wiz is going to run him like he did Mathews when he was in SD in 2013. I think the consensus projected volume for Gordon this year is a bit too low.

exactly this...damn...hope it doesn't hurt his ADP too much...I hope he gets dinged on the next play and they pull him.

they need to stop throwing to Benjamin too...
I was surprised to find out that SD doesn't really go vertical very often..

This is Whisenhunt’s second stint with the team after being their offensive coordinator in 2013, which was McCoy’s first season here. That year, they installed the quick-hitting passing attack that revitalized Philip Rivers’s career -- his best three career marks in completion percentage have all come in the last three years. Given the scheme, San Diego’s 29th-place ranking in deep pass percentage is to be expected. They signed Travis Benjamin to take over the vertical role vacated by Malcom Floyd, but Floyd’s 11% target market share is a sobering reminder that the vertical game is not what McCoy and Whisenhunt are really all about.
I'm not sure they will fully exploit Benjamin's talent, maybe he's better underneath then I give him credit for? Right now I'm more interested in Tyrell Williams.

Good to see Bridgewater firing downfield with success...of course, the Charger pass rush is terrible.

Rivers w the pick. Minny comes away from two solid chances with FGs 
The Vikings look very good entering the season.  Just can't shake the feeling they're more Dungy Era Bucs than Gruden's championship winning club though.

Bridgewater showed some nice zip on his throws and Diggs had a nice burst in and out of breaks.  McKinnon sure flashed what a lot of owners are hoping to see.  However, still feel Asiata would see a lot of duty should AP miss games.

Blair Walsh should kick many FGs. Dome stadium, healthy and improved OL, good running game, and Teddy Bridgewater, who seems to model his game after Alex Smith. 

I was surprised to find out that SD doesn't really go vertical very often..

I'm not sure they will fully exploit Benjamin's talent, maybe he's better underneath then I give him credit for? Right now I'm more interested in Tyrell Williams.
Tyrell - 3 catches for 36 yards in the first half, including 2 from Rivers. He has great measurables, including size (6'4") and speed. Will he be WR3? 

Hey, Miami FO, did you see that? You losers. Easy TD run by Miller. You ######s would have thrown it 4 times and turned the ball over on downs....like last year.

Hey, Miami FO, did you see that? You losers. Easy TD run by Miller. You ######s would have thrown it 4 times and turned the ball over on downs....like last year.
Ryan Tannehill is an elite QB. Why take the ball out of his beautiful large hands?

Users who are viewing this thread