What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 US Open - Shinnecock! (1 Viewer)

My guess is Phil and Beef are playing for $$. Phil misses the putt, loses the hole, has a brain fart and forgets he's playing in the tournament. These guys play matches to keep it interesting.

DJ seeking to become the first World #1 to win a Major since Tiger in ‘08??!  Is that true...wow.

Did he think he could actually save strokes? If so, genius...
If the doubletap went in it would be regarded as a new brilliant strategy. If Phil had showed a little more hustle he could have tapped it in right next to the hole as it rolled by like a layup.

That was not a good way to justify it.  Even if he did it on purpose and I'm not sure I believe him, he should have just said I forgot where he was for a second.  People would have immediately let that go.  For him to say he did it on purpose does no good at all here

I believe him. He said he's wanted to do it before and he was well aware of the 2 shot P. He just needed a little better execution.

Just got back home.  First time at a golf tournament, but from what I saw not a great venue to watch play.

Highlight of my day was a guy who had the audacity to wear an indian head dress to the course and was confronted by the Shinnecock tribe to the point that he ditched it.

I believe him. He said he's wanted to do it before and he was well aware of the 2 shot P. He just needed a little better execution.
Possibly but if calculated than to say he wasn't disrespecting the game was completely disingenuous.  Pretty sure that's not the spirit of that rule so if he took advantage of something there, then they need to change it

Just got back home.  First time at a golf tournament, but from what I saw not a great venue to watch play.

Highlight of my day was a guy who had the audacity to wear an indian head dress to the course and was confronted by the Shinnecock tribe to the point that he ditched it.
Mickelson having a rough day.

Possibly but if calculated than to say he wasn't disrespecting the game was completely disingenuous.  Pretty sure that's not the spirit of that rule so if he took advantage of something there, then they need to change it
There are currently 34 rules in golf, and each rule has 2-7 "sub-rules" which define the main rule in more detail.  There is also a book of "decisions" to help interpret the rules or specific situations which numbers in the hundreds.
Certain "Conditions of Competition" can also be stipulated during a tournament or championship that apply during that competition

Michelson is suddenly regarded as  "an apt pupil/student of the game".

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil came across very arrogant which I am sure he is in real life.   Phil should have just shook his head and said "I lost my cool for a second and screwed up, then took my penalty and moved on"        Everyone who golfs can relate to that.

Phil would have been better off just declaring his ball unplayable after that putt rolled out, and then replayed the shot under Stroke and Distance. 

arrogant dingus. 

Total golf noob here. Have it on TV. What do they mean when they say they've "lost the golf course"?

Total golf noob here. Have it on TV. What do they mean when they day they've "lost the golf course"?
In this case I think the criticism is that the greens are so soft that the players are having trouble putting.  But I just turned it on. 

In this case I think the criticism is that the greens are so soft that the players are having trouble putting.  But I just turned it on. 
Soft makes it easier.  They should be able to get their approaches close on soft.  You want a little firmness of course to putt on but that's not what he was saying.

The wind conditions and the golf course setup has made it unplayable is what he was saying

The pin positions combined with the slopes of the green has made stopping the ball anywhere near the pin extremely difficult- as the wind picks up in the day there is a distinct advantage for early tee time players.

Lost the course is really sour grapes for cry babies.

The combo of wind, tighter fairways, run offs, and now newly dry conditions are why it’s ‘lost’.

Another dumb question. When the course is "lost", what happens? Cancel the day? Postpone? Can they usually get the course "unlost" by next day?

Users who are viewing this thread