What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 FBG Subscriber Contest is ON - Update - 1st place is $10k + $5k to food bank of their choice (1 Viewer)

I'm probalby on the bubble at 145.75 after the 4pm games. 2,260 teams between me and the cut.

Only Fournette and Edwards-Helaire (-10.90) and Smith-Schuster (-13.20) Still to go.
Hopefully I can eek out a few more points and stay about the cut line

i'm pretty screwed guys. Sitting at 177 after the 4 pm games. Thousands of teams between me and the cut.

Mahommes - 13, CEH, Kupp, and Evans -10 left to go.

Hopefully I can stay above the cut.

What am I missing here?

if you are sitting on 177 after the 4pm games, how do you possibly think your team is in jeopardy? The cut line is 128.70 after the 4pm games. It probalby won't go much above 150 or so. (just a guess)
??

It was a subtle poke at you and your situation which was an auto advance, not probably on the bubble. You have to be at least at 155 and only that low if your 18 from Fournette wasn't a usable score.

Sitting at 168.8 and Goff has been coming in huge the last few weeks. This week my WRs were pretty ho-hum, but the RBs and TEs really rose to the occasion.

The kickers are probably gonna be my downfall eventually.

Survive and advance...

9.7 above the line heading into MNF with (ARob - 3.5) + (Kittle - 0.6) + (JWilson - 9.6)

Looks "likely to survive" despite over $50 out this week (including 4 WR: A St. Brown, H Renfrow, Z Jones, S Watkins... fortunately George Pickens finally showed up) but will need those guys getting healthy and playing very soon to continue the run!

7.2 points below the unofficial cut line of 136.05. Jeff Wilson, ARob, D/ST 49'ers remaining...

...my brain is kinda fried this AM. Outside of rooting for my guys to crush it (49'ers D demolishes Rams O, but leaves ARob virtually uncovered, allowing Stafford to pepper him drive after drive. Meanwhile, on offense, the 9'ers relentlessly pound the Rams D with a terminal overdose of Wilson, who miraculously survives a utilization rate well past his injury threshold), do I have any chance of avoiding ⚔️?

I'm probalby on the bubble at 145.75 after the 4pm games. 2,260 teams between me and the cut.

Only Fournette and Edwards-Helaire (-10.90) and Smith-Schuster (-13.20) Still to go.

i'm pretty screwed guys. Sitting at 177 after the 4 pm games. Thousands of teams between me and the cut.

What am I missing here?

if you are sitting on 177 after the 4pm games, how do you possibly think your team is in jeopardy? The cut line is 128.70 after the 4pm games. It probalby won't go much above 150 or so. (just a guess)
??

It was a subtle poke at you and your situation which was an auto advance, not probably on the bubble. You have to be at least at 155 and only that low if your 18 from Fournette wasn't a usable score.

Truthfully, I was NOT being scarcastic when I wrote that. At the time I posted it, I was afraid I might be on the bubble. I had updated my statistics on my own spreadsheet, and the standings had not yet been updated. So I was not sure how much the cut line would rise after the 4pm results were figured in. I had it in my mind that last week the cut line would have been 142.55 if it had been a 20% cut week, so I was not yet feeling safe. With the cut percentage rising to 20% this week, I had a ballpark figure of 160 in my mind to assume I was safe. With the size of fluctuations in the cut line historically from week to week, I don't yet feel confident that I can predict how much it may move. When the standings updated and the cut line only rose to 128.75 after the 4pm games, I was relieved and pleasantly surprised.

Note also that Leonard Fournette's score did not even count for me until he scored a TD with only seconds left in the game. And when he made that touchdown catch, it only raised my score by 1.7 points, because my lowest flex score was 13.20 prior to his TD. In the meantime, Edwards-Helaire had scored 2 TDs and put me in much better shape. Fournette ended up being my 2nd flex at 14.90. Those final three players only ended up raising my total score by 12.7 points.

As of this morning I'm sitting at 158.45 and I'm done. With the cut line presently at 136.05, and realizing Monday night last week only moved the cut line about 6 points, I'm looking forward to week 5.

I really do hope that those who are posting in this forum all advance to the finals. I see this more like a golf game where we are competing against the course, than against each other. Plus, it won't be any fun if people get eliminated and stop posting here. I've played this contest since 2011, but I never realized there was a separate chat forum for the subscriber contest until this year. I've enjoyed posting here and I hope we are all fortunate to hang around in the contest and chat with each other a while longer.

I originally had Pickett on my roster but dropped him before my final iteration. I'm regretting that now as it looks like he may end up being the ultimate bargain 3rd QB for lots of teams. I'm from PIttsburgh and I'm a life long Steelers fan. It came down to asking myself if I was rostering him out of logic or out of emotion. Realizing that he may go half or more of the season before getting a chance to play, I figured I'd be better to spend the $3 somewhere else in hopes of increasing my chances to stay alive early.

Last edited:

What am I missing here?

??

Truthfully, I was NOT being scarcastic when I wrote that. At the time I posted it, I was afraid I might be on the bubble. I had updated my statistics on my own spreadsheet, and the standings had not yet been updated. So I was not sure how much the cut line would rise after the 4pm results were figured in. I had it in my mind that last week the cut line would have been 142.55 if it had been a 20% cut week, so I was not yet feeling safe. With the cut percentage rising to 20% this week, I had a ballpark figure of 160 in my mind to assume I was safe. With the size of fluctuations in the cut line historically from week to week, I don't yet feel confident that I can predict how much it may move. When the standings updated and the cut line only rose to 128.75 after the 4pm games, I was relieved and pleasantly surprised.

Note also that Leonard Fournette's score did not even count for me until he scored a TD with only seconds left in the game. And when he made that touchdown catch, it only raised my score by 1.7 points, because my lowest flex score was 13.20 prior to his TD. In the meantime, Edwards-Helaire had scored 2 TDs and put me in much better shape. Fournette ended up being my 2nd flex at 14.90. Those final three players only ended up raising my total score by 12.7 points.

As of this morning I'm sitting at 158.45 and I'm done. With the cut line presently at 136.05, and realizing Monday night last week only moved the cut line about 6 points, I'm looking forward to week 5.

I really do hope that those who are posting in this forum all advance to the finals. I see this more like a golf game where we are competing against the course, than against each other. Plus, it won't be any fun if people get eliminated and stop posting here. I've played this contest since 2011, but I never realized there was a separate chat forum for the subscriber contest until this year. I've enjoyed posting here and I hope we are all fortunate to hang around in the contest and chat with each other a while longer.

I originally had Pickett on my roster but dropped him before my final iteration. I'm regretting that now as it looks like he may end up being the ultimate bargain 3rd QB for lots of teams. I'm from PIttsburgh and I'm a life long Steelers fan. It came down to asking myself if I was rostering him out of logic or out of emotion. Realizing that he may go half or more of the season before getting a chance to play, I figured I'd be better to spend the $3 somewhere else in hopes of increasing my chances to stay alive early.
Part of the fun is sweating the turk. Of course sweating but surviving .

What am I missing here?

??

Welcome aboard and don't worry about the sniping...it's all part of the fun. Glad to see another Burgh guy join in (there are a bunch of us in this thread). FWIW, my answer to the Pickett debate was to take him and Trubisky as my joint #2, figuring if he didn't get playing time, it would mean Trubisky was doing OK and I'd still have a chance for points.

7.2 points below the unofficial cut line of 136.05. Jeff Wilson, ARob, D/ST 49'ers remaining...

...my brain is kinda fried this AM. Outside of rooting for my guys to crush it (49'ers D demolishes Rams O, but leaves ARob virtually uncovered, allowing Stafford to pepper him drive after drive. Meanwhile, on offense, the 9'ers relentlessly pound the Rams D with a terminal overdose of Wilson, who miraculously survives a utilization rate well past his injury threshold), do I have any chance of avoiding ⚔️?

If it's truly those remaining counting immediately than you are 80-90% likely to advance.

What am I missing here?

??

Not a problem and best of luck to you.

The Monday cut movement is mostly a function of how many contest players are in the games. When there are games like tonight where Jimmy /G only has 50 owners (Stafford at 441) and they most likely have a score already posted, cut line movement is severely hampered. I also think it moves more when the byes hit as it represents a larger percentage of the games and people are more likely to be replacing zeros.

If it's truly those remaining counting immediately than you are 80-90% likely to advance.
Except it looks like ARob and Wilson are both in the -8 range and the 49ers are -6 for him. Needing to climb over 700 other entries is not optimal, but if he can get a 20 point game or so from any one of them (or two 15 point games), it might be enough I'm saying there's a chance.

Last edited:
14 points over the line with ARob -4.5 and feeling positive. Brain logic says I’m safe enough to post an emoji :coffee: but the irrational fear is still there.

Turk gets me every year. Have plenty of fear each week. For years instead of checking the live scoring, I torture myself. Used to hold my breath Tuesday morning.. squint and wince as the mouse slowly clicks on team BadSystem. Willing the screen to display “this entry is still alive” in a friendly green font.

Now and then the update would be delayed making it worse. The new extremely unofficial scores have preserved a few days of my life stressing over the Tuesday status click. Cool unofficial addition would be an approximate survival % based on scores so far.

I love this contest!

FWIW, my answer to the Pickett debate was to take him and Trubisky as my joint #2, figuring if he didn't get playing time, it would mean Trubisky was doing OK and I'd still have a chance for points.
i actually really liked this strategy and tried to make it work, at one point having a qb corps of mahomes/pickett/trubisky/mariota/ritter until i ran out of rooster spots and changed it. but i think something like it was definitely a viable cheap backup qb strategy.

i actually really liked this strategy and tried to make it work, at one point having a qb corps of mahomes/pickett/trubisky/mariota/ritter until i ran out of rooster spots and changed it. but i think something like it was definitely a viable cheap backup qb strategy.
Same here. Went Carr with Trubisky/Pickett duo. Cheap combo for bye week and occasional pop up score. Pickett being a wild card since he looked much better than expected through preseason.

Same here. Went Carr with Trubisky/Pickett duo. Cheap combo for bye week and occasional pop up score. Pickett being a wild card since he looked much better than expected through preseason.
I went a little more expensive with Allen and Trubisky/Pickett for the high ceiling with the cheap backup.

alive for at least 1 more week - I hope! +21 with stafford -28 and higbee -9. team still has lots of issues but as long as I have a chip and a chair, I'll dream!

Currently sitting at 121 with Daniel Jones (+8), Barkley (+8.9) and Toney. Not looking good for me

You're a mortal lock to advance. Care to wager $10 on the outcome?
Just catching up in here. The 2nd half has to be better than the 1st half, right? Right?

Cut was 131 so Barkley alone put you over. Jones had you clearing the bar by double digits and put you clear of the cut by 1700 people without even scoring a TD.

If you gave me the option of taking your "not looking good" position every remaining cut week I'd take that deal in a heartbeat right now.

Congrats and see you next week.
I prefer to play it the other way and say I will advance every week. I haven't come close to the cut, and week 4 will be no different. There's no such thing as jinxes!
Oops a daisies!

Done with 193.70

Here's my rooster use so far (Note there's a week where Arizona and Tennessee tied - since Tennessee has been used more I gave the use to them in the chart below):

PLAYERUSEDTOTALPTSPER$
QB - Josh Allen - BUF/7 - $25
3​
120.00​
4.80​
QB - Jared Goff - DET/6 - $9
1​
42.00​
4.67​
RB - Joe Mixon - CIN/10 - $30
2​
33.40​
1.11​
RB - Saquon Barkley - NYG/9 - $26
4​
76.50​
2.94​
RB - Dameon Pierce - HOU/6 - $10
2​
40.00​
4.00​
RB - Zamir White - LV/6 - $6
0​
0.00​
0.00​
RB - Jeff Wilson - SF/9 - $3
1​
11.30​
3.77​
WR - Courtland Sutton - DEN/9 - $19
4​
64.80​
3.41​
WR - Marquise Brown - ARI/13 - $18
4​
75.90​
4.22​
WR - JuJu Smith-Schuster - KC/8 - $15
1​
13.90​
0.93​
WR - George Pickens - PIT/9 - $6
1​
16.20​
2.70​
WR - Josh Palmer - LAC/8 - $6
2​
28.90​
4.82​
WR - Sammy Watkins - GB/14 - $4
1​
12.30​
3.08​
WR - Braxton Berrios - NYJ/10 - $4
0​
0.00​
0.00​
WR - Laviska Shenault - CAR/13 - $3
1​
17.00​
5.67​
TE - Kyle Pitts - ATL/14 - $24
1​
16.20​
0.68​
TE - Tyler Higbee - LAR/7 - $10
3​
51.30​
5.13​
TE - Hayden Hurst - CIN/10 - $8
1​
12.10​
1.51​
TE - Cade Otton - TB/11 - $3
0​
0.00​
0.00​
PK - Evan McPherson - CIN/10 - $6
3​
35.90​
5.98​
PK - Austin Seibert - DET/6 - $3
0​
0.00​
0.00​
PK - Rodrigo Blankenship - IND/14 - $3
1​
9.50​
3.17​
TD - Minnesota Vikings - MIN/7 - $3
0​
0.00​
0.00​
TD - Arizona Cardinals - ARI/13 - $3
1​
9.00​
3.00​
TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/6 - $3
3​
21.00​
7.00​
TOTAL
40​
707.20​
3.54​

So the first colum of number is the number of times each has been used. With Goff and Pickens joining the party 20 out the 25 players on my rooster have now been used and $181 out of the $200 I allocated has been used. That's pretty good IMO. The 2nd column of numbers is the number of points the player has actually contributed to my team so far this year. The final column may be the most interesting which is the number of points per $ paid for each player. The Titans lead the way with a 7-point average* (if you give them half-credit for the week they tied Arizona that makes for a 6.5 average which still leads the team). Counter to the narrative about kickers, and really my own history prior to this year, McPherson is 2nd with a 5.98 average. I suppose other kickers choices would have given me a higher average but the pedigree of Money Mac has shown its worth so far this year. 3rd is a bit of a surprise in Shenault, but his 5.67 average - all based on one week's usage - really exemplifies what you dream of when picking a guy for $3 - that when he gets in there he really makes it count. Higbee is next with 5.13 and really has been all I hoped for and more, especially helpful with the way Pitts has performed. Josh Palmer is next at 4.82 - managing to chip in twice. Allen is next at 4.87 which is solid and Goff's performance this week puts him in the books at 4.67 and the way he has played that has not been a fluke. Pierce rounds out the 4+ guys with an even 4.00 making the consensus opinion look smart for once.

On the down side - there are of course the 5 zero-use guys who are currently at $0: Zamir White, Braxton Berrios, Cade Otton, Austin Seibert and Minnesota. Seibert appears the most likely to stay at 0 all year. White is slowly getting worked in by the Raiders but realistically it seems an injury or two is what it's going to take for him to count. Still hold out some hope that Otton can work his way up the line in Tampa - at least he is getting the odd chance now and again. Berrios should sneak in to a lineup or two but he's kind of a low-ceiling guy. Minnesota should randomly appear at some point. The guys who truly aren't pulling their weight so far are Mixon who has only given 1.11 points per $ and of course Kyle Pitts who has been a massive bust only counting once all year and yielding 0.68 per $ spent. A little surprising to see Hurst on this list of low performers at 1.51 but I think that likely is just a function that I have been fortunate to have Higbee score so well and to have good flex scores to this point.

The trendline has generally been up for my team with my 2 highest-scoring weeks being the last 2 weeks. Hopefully they can keep it goin.
-QG

If I made the cut, imma send the 49ers D a fruit basket. :wub I’m
If I made the cut, imma send the 49ers D a fruit basket. :wub:
SF defense puts you at 154.25. You should make it easily. I'm guessing the cut line doesn't go past 145.

EDIT: (1:25 am) Standings were just updated, and you made it. Cut line is 142.00.
TheWinz also made it by a couple ponts!
woohoo!!!
:pickle:

Survived another week, this is definitely a fun and entertaining season!! How things are shaping up through 4 weeks:

Start 12254
10% Week 1 Cut to Number – 11029 11030
10% Week 2 cut to Number – 9927 9926
10% Week 3 cut to Number – 8935 8939
20% Week 4 cut to Number – 7148 NEW 7152
20% Week 5 cut to Number – 5719 NEW 5722
20% Week 6 cut to Number – 4576 NEW 4578
20% Week 7 cut to Number – 3661 NEW 3663
30% Week 8 cut to Number – 2563 NEW 2565
30% Week 9 cut to Number – 1795 NEW 1796
30% Week 10 cut to Number – 1257 NEW 1258
30% Week 11 cut to Number – 880 NEW 881
30% Week 12 cut to Number – 616 NEW 617
40% Week 13 cut to Number – 370 NEW 371
40% Week 14 cut to Number - 222 NEW 223 (this means the 2 highest scoring non-playoff teams still get a subscription this week)

Week 4's victims of Joe $100 are:
@Deamon - 138.55 - $42 spent on the Pitts/Schultz combo, and the return is 4 points? And the Cousins/Carr combo have been a let down so far.
@The Man With No Name - 137.65 - If I had to blame a single position, I'd say QB let him down. Losing Javonte for the year would've been hard too.

Special shout out to @dbc925 for his 23rd place finish. I was the lowest survivor at 6964th. Overall, we have a 84.6% survival rate, compared to the 58.4% contest average.

@Deamon - 138.55 - $42 spent on the Pitts/Schultz combo, and the return is 4 points? And the Cousins/Carr combo have been a let down so far.
@The Man With No Name - 137.65 - If I had to blame a single position, I'd say QB let him down. Losing Javonte for the year would've been hard too.

Special shout out to @dbc925 for his 23rd place finish. I was the lowest survivor at 6964th. Overall, we have a 84.6% survival rate, compared to the 58.4% contest average.

I won't ask you to do this, but I wonder what the survived rate is for the guys who tinkered.

I won't ask you to do this, but I wonder what the survived rate is for the guys who tinkered.
The last tinker I did was adding Zack Moss and dropping Graham Gano. Massive mistake!

Week 5 kicks off with IND @ DEN. Starting with 7152 teams and cutting down to 5722 (give or take).

QB - Ryan (919), Wilson (886)
They started as the 6th (Wilson) and 7th (Ryan) most common, and have leapfrogged Lance. 82 have both, meaning 800+ will start with a QB score.

RB - Williams (784), Hines (603), Taylor (375), Gordon (163)
Javonte was 10th most common from the start, and $25. A brutal loss for all Javonte owners.

WR - Sutton (2716), Pittman (1018), Jeudy (340), Pierce (271), Campbell (198), Hamler (184)
Sutton IS the most important player on Thursday Night. I know I will be counting on him.

TE - Okwuegbunam (935), Alie-Cox (872), Dulcich (27)
Albert O started 3rd most common TE, but hasn't done anything of note. Mo started 9th and is catching up to him.

K - Blankenship (3463), McManus (584)
Fun fact - Rodrigo has a higher survival rate than half of the top 4 kickers.

D - DEN (636), IND (455)
What a waste of $11 so far. They are D27 & D31.

I am gonna guess a cut of zero after the game once again.

Kupp carried my team through. But I made two choices with my final iteration that are yet to be validated.

Changed J.Allen + St.Brown + Hardman to Carr + Kupp

Changed Kelce + AJ Green to Pitts + MVS

After 2 weeks, it's hard to argue for the choices I made. But on to week 3 :biggrin:
Bolded choice validated on MNF. Kupp MVP again this week. The earlier build with J.Allen would not have advanced.

Week 5 kicks off with IND @ DEN. Starting with 7152 teams and cutting down to 5722 (give or take).

QB - Ryan (919), Wilson (886)
They started as the 6th (Wilson) and 7th (Ryan) most common, and have leapfrogged Lance. 82 have both, meaning 800+ will start with a QB score.

RB - Williams (784), Hines (603), Taylor (375), Gordon (163)
Javonte was 10th most common from the start, and $25. A brutal loss for all Javonte owners.

WR - Sutton (2716), Pittman (1018), Jeudy (340), Pierce (271), Campbell (198), Hamler (184)
Sutton IS the most important player on Thursday Night. I know I will be counting on him.

TE - Okwuegbunam (935), Alie-Cox (872), Dulcich (27)
Albert O started 3rd most common TE, but hasn't done anything of note. Mo started 9th and is catching up to him.

K - Blankenship (3463), McManus (584)
Fun fact - Rodrigo has a higher survival rate than half of the top 4 kickers.

D - DEN (636), IND (455)
What a waste of $11 so far. They are D27 & D31.

I am gonna guess a cut of zero after the game once again.

We'll have a Thursday cut. 1430 getting cut.

2716 Sutton owners will set it at least at his score.

919+886 = 1805-82 = 1723 will have a QB score.

411 have Pittman and Sutton so that's 607 that will have Pittman's score and 2109 that will have Sutton's score.

I think we're looking at a fairly decent sized cut line after this game.

10 points below the cut and only Kelce left.

See y'all next year.
Wellll doggy. Looks like the preliminary math was a little off. 143.75/142. Insert Undertaker gif.

While I thinking of a wrestling meme, hoping for Brian Robinson to tag in this week.

QB: Josh Allen is a keeper. Davis Mills has met expectations.

RB: Outlook is slightly up. Pierce, Rhamondre, Mostert, and Robinson. James Cook is MIA.

WR: hard to say. Pittman, Devonta, Bateman, E. Moore, and Nico Collins. Toney is MIA and Guyton is gone.

TE: Kelce is a keeper. Pitts is MIA.

Kicker: Money Mac has earned his keep and Fairbairn is expected to fill gaps. Rodrigo is MIA.

Dallas defense account is in arrears.

Users who are viewing this thread