What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 FBG Subscriber Contest is ON - Update - 1st place is $10k + $5k to food bank of their choice (2 Viewers)

Tonight's cut line movers by team ownership out of 372:
Jeff Wilson - 111
Josh Palmer - 99
Dolphins D - 53
Gerald Everett - 44
Raheem Mostert - 41
Tyreek Hill - 32
Tua Tagovailoa - 29
Austin Ekeler - 27
Justin Herbert - 16
Jaylen Waddle - 14

Last edited:
Tomorrow's cut line movers by team ownership out of 372:
Rhamondre Stevenson - 168
Patriots D - 43
Cardinals D - 34
Deandre Hopkins - 27
Matt Prater - 18
Nick Folk - 14
Hunter Henry - 10

Last edited:
124.35 is the cut line
Damn. Going to need big games from Stevenson, Mostert and AZ D. Probably need 30-40 pts, which isn't out of the question.
Stevenson might get most of it himself.
Need Mostert to get more than Stevenson at this point with Stevenson being owned by around 50%.
I guess I should go into scrooge mode, only have Miami D and Arizona D left. But really I just want to see offense.

131.95 after early games. Feeling a little nervous. To go:

Jeff Wilson (-6.9)
Cedrick Wilson (-13.4)
Josh Palmer (-13.4)
Gerald Everett (-13.4)
Arizona D (0)

I don't think I'll get any points from Cedrick Wilson. All the others have a chance to add to my score.

Well no help from any of the top four. Still sitting at 131.95. I'll get all of Arizona D's points. Really sweating things now!!

I'll be very surprised if my (eliminated) team makes the cut for the Phantom Stangings this week.

This week, I am without:
A J DIllon
Courtland Sutton
Jahan Dotson
Dallas Goedert
Robert Tonyan
Arizona Defense
and Blankie (remember him??)

Plus....
Leonard Fournette is questionable,
Clyde Edwards-Helaire has not shown up since week 7,
K J Osborne hasn't put up a double-digit score since week 3 ... (and that's his only one this season)
and Derek Carr laid an egg on Thursday night (5.95 points)

That probalby leaves me with 12 active players...

Good luck to everyone else in week 14...
I had 12 out this week, just enough to field a team lol.

Patriots D - 43
Cardinals D - 34
Deandre Hopkins - 27
Matt Prater - 18
Nick Folk - 14
Hunter Henry - 10
Team rzrback77 week 14 update. I would not have shared (because nobody wants to hear about your fantasy team), but last week my score was the cut line.

Cut line week 14 after SNF 132.25

Team rzrback77 current score 132.25, is that unreal, or what?

Still have Stevenson -2.6 and Cardinals DST - 4 for tonight’s game.

Patriots D - 43
Cardinals D - 34
Deandre Hopkins - 27
Matt Prater - 18
Nick Folk - 14
Hunter Henry - 10
Team rzrback77 week 14 update. I would not have shared (because nobody wants to hear about your fantasy team), but last week my score was the cut line.

I was just checking and saw that. I was about to post something like.... "What are the odds" !

Some kind of crazy that you WERE the cut line last week, and currently, you ARE the cut line again.

Rooting for Ramonde and Arizona D for you and the others tonight. Hopefully you can add some points tonight and advance to the playoffs.

3 of the remaining 8 teams on the tracking list are currently under the cut line... but all except Menobrown have at least one player left....

Looks like Monday night is going to be a nail-biter for the first 4 or 5 teams below. Teams in RED below still qualify for Joe Bryant's $100 bonus.
Current cut line is 132.25, and will likely increase substantially tonight based on the ownership numbers, especially Rhamondre Stevenson. The
deciding factor for lots of teams will be how many teams with Stevenson are replacing small numbers, versus large. This will determine how many
teams possibly have a sizable increase their final score.

Score
vs.CUT
TEAM
Remaining Players
Remaining Players
118.05​
(14.20)
Scottybo
ARIZ -0​
Ramondre-4.9
128.65​
(3.60)
bamabuddha
ARIZ -0​
R. Moore -5.8
131.95​
(0.30)
wollac
ARIZ -0​
132.25​
0.00​
rzrback77
ARIZ- 4​
Ramondre-2.6
146.75​
14.50​
Menobrown
156.35​
24.10​
Bill Dauterive
ARIZ -8​
168.75​
36.50​
Army Eye
ARIZ -16​
Ramondre-5.8
189.20​
56.95​
ZWK
ARIZ -8​

Last edited:
Patriots D - 43
Cardinals D - 34
Deandre Hopkins - 27
Matt Prater - 18
Nick Folk - 14
Hunter Henry - 10

I was just checking and saw that. I was about to post something like.... "What are the odds" !

Some kind of crazy that you WERE the cut line last week, and currently, you ARE the cut line again.

Rooting for Ramonde and Arizona D for you and the others tonight. Hopefully you can add some points tonight and advance to the playoffs.

3 of the remaining 8 teams on the tracking list are currently under the cut line... but all except Menobrown have at least one player left....

Looks like Monday night is going to be a nail-biter for the first 4 or 5 teams below. Teams in RED below still qualify for Joe Bryant's $100 bonus.
Current cut line is 132.25, and will likely increase substantially tonight based on the ownership numbers, especially Rhamondre Stevenson. The
deciding factor for lots of teams will be how many teams with Stevenson are replacing small numbers, versus large. This will determine how many
teams possibly have a sizable increase their final score.

Score
vs.CUT
TEAM
Remaining Players
Remaining Players
114.05​
(18.20)
Scottybo
ARIZ -0​
Ramondre-4.9
128.65​
(3.60)
bamabuddha
ARIZ -0​
R. Moore -5.8
131.95​
(0.30)
wollac
ARIZ -0​
132.25​
0.00​
rzrback77
ARIZ- 4​
Ramondre-2.6
146.75​
14.50​
Menobrown
156.35​
24.10​
Bill Dauterive
ARIZ -8​
168.75​
36.50​
Army Eye
ARIZ -16​
Ramondre-5.8
189.20​
56.95​
ZWK
ARIZ -8​
My score is 118.05. Not that it matters much.

Hey... have you guys seen the "FootballGuys Playoff Challenge" ?
I just noticed it this morning....

$35 Entry Fee
$100,000 Grand Prize
$476,250 Prize pool

Prizes to the top 2,000 places
Rules similar to Subscriber Contest, (with some modifications)

Looks pretty interesting to me..... Check it out!

Hey... have you guys seen the "FootballGuys Playoff Challenge" ?
I just noticed it this morning....

$35 Entry Fee
$100,000 Grand Prize
$476,250 Prize pool

Prizes to the top 2,000 places
Rules similar to Subscriber Contest, (with some modifications)

Looks pretty interesting to me..... Check it out!

In already. Very enticing.

Stevenson injury is the dagger. Good luck to the rest of you that made it. Will be joining again for the playoff contest and the foreseeable future. Was more fun to hope for the success of this team than any of my leagues.

Props to the FootballGuys team for putting this together and running it all season.

That almost interception return TD by Arizona was probably my last gasp. I would however enjoy a DST TD by the Cardinal, since Stevenson departed before he scored enough to count.

@Joe Bryant
I've tracked your offers for an additional $100, and we have 2 winners!

Of the 39 folks who posted their lineup and didn't tinker with it, only @ZWK made it to the finals. If you want to verify, his winning lineup is posted on page 21 of this thread.
Of the 15 folks who were cited in your contest strategy article, only @menobrown made it to the finals.

Let's cheer them on as they compete for the big bucks now!

Sadly, right at the end, we lost @bamabuddha @rzrback77 and @scottybo
Wishing you and all the rest best of luck in the upcoming playoff contest.

@Joe Bryant
I've tracked your offers for an additional $100, and we have 2 winners!

Of the 39 folks who posted their lineup and didn't tinker with it, only @ZWK made it to the finals. If you want to verify, his winning lineup is posted on page 21 of this thread.
Of the 15 folks who were cited in your contest strategy article, only @menobrown made it to the finals.

Let's cheer them on as they compete for the big bucks now!

Sadly, right at the end, we lost @bamabuddha @rzrback77 and @scottybo
Wishing you and all the rest best of luck in the upcoming playoff contest.
Well done you two!! Congrats..

Where we started: 12254
10% Week 1 Cut to Number – 11029 11030
10% Week 2 cut to Number – 9927 9926
10% Week 3 cut to Number – 8935 8939
20% Week 4 cut to Number – 7148 7152
20% Week 5 cut to Number – 5719 5726
20% Week 6 cut to Number – 4576 4582
20% Week 7 cut to Number – 3661 3666
30% Week 8 cut to Number – 2563 2569
30% Week 9 cut to Number – 1795 1804
30% Week 10 cut to Number – 1257 1263
30% Week 11 cut to Number – 880 885
30% Week 12 cut to Number – 616 620
40% Week 13 cut to Number – 370 372
40% Week 14 cut to Number - 222 NEW 224

This means this entry should get a subscription despite being knocked out:

225th* place: One year Footballguys PRO level Premium Subscription

* - if fewer than 225 participants remain after week 14, then prizes will be awarded to eliminated participants according to highest score in week 14. If prizes are still unawarded after that, then highest score in week 13, and so on.

Congratulations to the regular posters in this forum whose teams made the playoffs::towelwave:

Army Eye
Bill Dauterive
Menobrown
ZWK

Good luck to these teams going forward in the playoffs !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And.... for the rest of us.......

Are you bummed because your team didn't make the playoffs ??? :wall:
.......... Do you wonder how your team would have done in week 14 if it were still alive ??? :ponder:
....................Well, wonder no more, because I've got you covered..... :pickle:

Presenting the Week 14
- 👻 Phantom Standings 👻 (Eliminated teams that would have made the cut in week 14) :ROFLMAO:

223.35 Birdie048 <<<< Shout out to Birdie048, who would have posted the highest overall week 14 score!
209.10 Sooted72
199.45 GottabeSweet
178.65 Puppies (me)
178.35 BroncosFan07
175.95 cStruck
172.45 aPalmer
170.90 Bloom (FBG staff)
169.50 OleMissRebel
167.05 Stubby
165.60 Eaglezzz (FBG staff)
165.55 Rock Action
162.20 Chet
160.75 Scoobus
157.05 Nittany Lion
156.85 Hot Sauce Guy
155.65 Dope
152.70 Pasquino (FBG staff)
152.40 dzambo
151.80 Saint
145.15 da_Budman
145.05 ajm25701
144.60 Tremblay (FBG staff)
144.50 Hagmania
143.30 Ruffroddys
142.25 OpenSouceBeer
137.15 davidwb
137.15 Balco
136.55 Ackme

136.05 ---- Week 14 Cut Line ------

Coming soon…… The Phantom Playoffs !

I will track our phantom teams through the playoff weeks to show how we all would have fared had we made it...
Someone in this group will have bragging rights (but no prizes) :-)

We love this contest so much that we keep playing EVEN after we're eliminated !!

@chet , @stubby, @Saint , @BroncosFan07 , @davidwb , @nittanylion, @Contest Turk , @Birdie048 , @sooted72, @Gottabesweet , @cstruk, @rockaction , @chet , @scoobus
@nittanylion , @Hot Sauce Guy , @Dacomish , @Dope , @dzambo , @hagmania , @Ruffrodys05 , @opensourcebeer , @davidwb , @Balco , @Ackme

Last edited:
Final cut line 136.05

I'm short by 1.1 points. It's been real y'all. Best of luck to those who made it past this final hurdle.
@wollac

FlyJetz? Don't give up hope. Did you miss by 7 teams?

Flyjetz is my entry. I was the seventh highest score not to make the cut. Posting this below so I have a historical record of my best performances:

2010: 356th place
2011: 28th place
2021: 12th place
2022: 230th place (edited after Tyreek Hill / Miami Defense scoring discrepancy).

Last edited:
Final cut line 136.05

I'm short by 1.1 points. It's been real y'all. Best of luck to those who made it past this final hurdle.
@wollac

Flyjetz is my entry. I was the seventh highest score not to make the cut. Posting this below so I have a historical record of my best performances:

2022: 231st place
Given the scoring error I've already found 4 teams that would drop below you. Not sure if there are another 3.

Final cut line 136.05

@wollac

Given the scoring error I've already found 4 teams that would drop below you. Not sure if there are another 3.
Scoring error? Is this the offensive TD that should of been a Defensive TD? Didn't FBG not fix this when it happened a couple weeks ago?

Final cut line 136.05

@wollac

Scoring error? Is this the offensive TD that should of been a Defensive TD? Didn't FBG not fix this when it happened a couple weeks ago?
If the scoring descrepancy affected your score or scores of others above you, then you need to submit an inquiry/complaint prior to the deadline, which (I think) is midnight tonight.
Here's a summary of the play in question, in the Miami - LA Chargers game....

From the official rules:

Def/ST Scoring (Def/ST)

• Sack = 1 point
  • Turnover by the opposing team = 2 points
  • Defensive/ST TD = 6 points
For the purposes of clarity, we declare a Defensive/ST TD to be any TD that is not a rushing or a passing TD (This will very occasionally INCLUDE a fumble recovery TD by an offensive player, and it might theoretically EXCLUDE a passing or rushing TD that happens on a special teams play. So be it.) A Turnover is defined to be a fumble lost or an interception. For all of the above stats, we will refer to the nfl.com boxscore for the game (the team stats section). For entities listed on the contest form as Defenses, no points will be awarded for any stats other than those listed above.

All scoring is determined final at 11:59pm ET on the day after the last game day of the week (in a typical week, this would be Tuesday). Users have until 5:00 p.m. Eastern time on the following day (Wednesday in a typical week) to report possible scoring errors or discrepancies for that week's games. All errors reported via the FBG help desk before that time will be corrected as soon as possible. Any error not reported before the deadline specified above (including, but not limited to, errors retroactively introduced by official league stat changes) will stand as posted.

These rules might change between their initial posting and the entry deadline. The rules posted at the time of the entry deadline will supersede any prior versions. You should review these rules as the entry deadline approaches before you submit your entry or make any final edits to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the summary of the play in question:

J. Wilson Jr. rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain. J. Wilson Jr. fumbled. T. Hill recovered fumble and returned for 57 yard touchdown (J. Sanders made PAT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the scoring this week, Tyreek Hill was awarded an extra touchdown for the play above, even though it was FUMBLE RECOVERY TOUCHDOWN. The rule I pasted above seems to say that it should have been scored instead as a MIAMI DEFENSE/ SPECIAL TEAMS touchdown.

Last edited:
Thanks Puppies and BassNBrew

Officially submitted to FBG Staff:

Scoring discrepancy submitted before the deadline (5pm Eastern on Wednesday). Tyreek Hill was given six points for a touchdown that should have gone to the Miami Defense. From Yahoo Sports:

"Jeff Wilson Jr. rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain. Jeff Wilson Jr. fumbled. Tyreek Hill recovered fumble and returned for 57 yard touchdown."

This is the exact scenario described in the contest rules for Defensive/ST scoring:

"For the purposes of clarity, we declare a Defensive/ST TD to be any TD that is not a rushing or a passing TD (This will very occasionally INCLUDE a fumble recovery TD by an offensive player, and it might theoretically EXCLUDE a passing or rushing TD that happens on a special teams play. So be it.)"

I missed the final cut by 7 teams. By my calculations, I don't think it will make a difference for me, but I'd like the cutline to be recalculated to see if it might make a difference for others.

Thank you!!

Last edited:

Scoring discrepancy submitted before the deadline (5pm Eastern on Wednesday). Tyreek Hill was given six points for a touchdown that should have gone to the Miami Defense. From Yahoo Sports:

"Jeff Wilson Jr. rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain. Jeff Wilson Jr. fumbled. Tyreek Hill recovered fumble and returned for 57 yard touchdown."

This is the exact scenario described in the contest rules for Defensive/ST scoring:

"For the purposes of clarity, we declare a Defensive/ST TD to be any TD that is not a rushing or a passing TD (This will very occasionally INCLUDE a fumble recovery TD by an offensive player, and it might theoretically EXCLUDE a passing or rushing TD that happens on a special teams play. So be it.)"

I missed the final cut by 7 teams. By my calculations, I don't think it will make a difference for me, but I'd like the cutline to be recalculated to see if it might make a difference for others.

Thank you!!

I also reported the scoring question / discrepancy to FBGuys.

This affects 21 Tyreek Hill owners and 34 Miami Defense owners.

We'll see if they respond....

Thank you!!
I think you're only going to move up four spots.

Thank you!!

Interesting. I looked at every owner within 6 points above me, and only found one Tyreek Hill owner. So I thought I'd move up 1. You're analysis is probably more thorough than mine.

Thank you!!

Interesting. I looked at every owner within 6 points above me, and only found one Tyreek Hill owner. So I thought I'd move up 1. You're analysis is probably more thorough than mine.

There are 3 teams within 6 points above you that have Tyreek Hill. They are: team 106967 (Nutflush) with 136.75 points, team 108449 with 136.00 points, and team 102096 with 135.85 points.
All three of these teams show Tyreek Hill with 24.1 points. None of these 3 teams have the Miami Defense, or else any stat correction would have no effect. You would also have to look below you and see if any teams within 6 points have the Miami Defense. If so, those teams would move up if Miami is given the 6 points for the TD.

Although it does not appear that a stat change would push you over the line, I do hope they give us the answer so we can apply that to our roster strategy. Unless I'm missing something, it seems that this is the exact situation that is described in the rules for an offensive player scoring a fumble recovery touchdown.

Last edited:
Final cut line 136.05

@wollac

If the scoring descrepancy affected your score or scores of others above you, then you need to submit an inquiry/complaint prior to the deadline, which (I think) is midnight tonight.

From the official rules:

Def/ST Scoring (Def/ST)

• Sack = 1 point
For the purposes of clarity, we declare a Defensive/ST TD to be any TD that is not a rushing or a passing TD (This will very occasionally INCLUDE a fumble recovery TD by an offensive player, and it might theoretically EXCLUDE a passing or rushing TD that happens on a special teams play. So be it.) A Turnover is defined to be a fumble lost or an interception. For all of the above stats, we will refer to the nfl.com boxscore for the game (the team stats section). For entities listed on the contest form as Defenses, no points will be awarded for any stats other than those listed above.

All scoring is determined final at 11:59pm ET on the day after the last game day of the week (in a typical week, this would be Tuesday). Users have until 5:00 p.m. Eastern time on the following day (Wednesday in a typical week) to report possible scoring errors or discrepancies for that week's games. All errors reported via the FBG help desk before that time will be corrected as soon as possible. Any error not reported before the deadline specified above (including, but not limited to, errors retroactively introduced by official league stat changes) will stand as posted.

These rules might change between their initial posting and the entry deadline. The rules posted at the time of the entry deadline will supersede any prior versions. You should review these rules as the entry deadline approaches before you submit your entry or make any final edits to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J. Wilson Jr. rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain. J. Wilson Jr. fumbled. T. Hill recovered fumble and returned for 57 yard touchdown (J. Sanders made PAT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the scoring this week, Tyreek Hill was awarded an extra touchdown for the play above, even though it was FUMBLE RECOVERY TOUCHDOWN. The rule I pasted above seems to say that it should have been scored instead as a MIAMI DEFENSE/ SPECIAL TEAMS touchdown.
I don't see that. Hill's owners got 18 points. Without the fumble return, he had 4 catches for 81 yards and a TD (60-yd. pass play), which is 18.1 points. If anything, the Hill owners are getting cheated out of .1 points.

Final cut line 136.05

@wollac

From the official rules:

Def/ST Scoring (Def/ST)

• Sack = 1 point

I don't see that. Hill's owners got 18 points. Without the fumble return, he had 4 catches for 81 yards and a TD (60-yd. pass play), which is 18.1 points. If anything, the Hill owners are getting cheated out of .1 points.
WR Tyreek Hill - $2624.10

Final cut line 136.05

@wollac

From the official rules:

Def/ST Scoring (Def/ST)

• Sack = 1 point

aPalmer: I believe you are mistaken. I think you are looking at the week 1 results for Tyreek Hill (He did have 18.0 in week 1). When you search a player in the Analyzer to find a team that his him, and then click on that team, it defaults to the WEEK 1 results. I think that's what you are seeing. I know about it because I've made that mistake myself in the past.

All the teams that have him are currently showing 24.1 points for week 14.

I got an email from Footballguys at 10:47 am saying the question had been forwarded to the contest administrator. I personally don't care how this is scored, BUT I WANT TO KNOW HOW IT IS SCORED because that can affect roster strategy, and we need to understand the scoring rules.

Last edited:
Final cut line 136.05

@wollac

From the official rules:

Def/ST Scoring (Def/ST)

• Sack = 1 point

aPalmer: I believe you are mistaken. I think you are looking at the week 1 results for Tyreek Hill (He did have 18.0in week 1).

Sorry...you're right, I used the analyzer and forgot it shows Week 1 results.

In a related matter, it may also affect @bamabuddha @rzrback77 and @scottybo . Joe's offer wasn't for teams making the finals, it was for teams making the top 250. A change could easily bump them up into the top 250.
Joe Bryant said:
Here we go.

Post your final lineup here by Monday night 9/5 at 11:59 PM ET. And if that exact lineup finishes in the top 250 spots, I'll throw in an additional $100 on top of whatever prize you win.

Final cut line 136.05

@wollac

From the official rules:

Def/ST Scoring (Def/ST)

• Sack = 1 point

aPalmer: I believe you are mistaken. I think you are looking at the week 1 results for Tyreek Hill (He did have 18.0in week 1).

In a related matter, it may also affect @bamabuddha @rzrback77 and @scottybo . Joe's offer wasn't for teams making the finals, it was for teams making the top 250. A change could easily bump them up into the top 250.
Joe Bryant said:
Here we go.

Post your final lineup here by Monday night 9/5 at 11:59 PM ET. And if that exact lineup finishes in the top 250 spots, I'll throw in an additional $100 on top of whatever prize you win.
Awesome news!
247rzrback77132.25
248fear the bald131.65
249Hubes131.55
250caliroos131.00

Final cut line 136.05

@wollac

From the official rules:

Def/ST Scoring (Def/ST)

• Sack = 1 point

Joe Bryant said:
Here we go.

Awesome news!
247rzrback77132.25
248fear the bald131.65
249Hubes131.55
250caliroos131.00
Should probably let Joe know about this change in payments due, so: @Joe Bryant , see above. I believe"fear the bald" is @bamabuddha and both he and @rzrback77 now make the top 250.

Final cut line 136.05

@wollac

From the official rules:

Def/ST Scoring (Def/ST)

• Sack = 1 point

Joe Bryant said:
Here we go.

Awesome news!
247rzrback77132.25
248fear the bald131.65
249Hubes131.55
250caliroos131.00
Should probably let Joe know about this change in payments due, so: @Joe Bryant , see above. I believe"fear the bald" is @bamabuddha and both he and @rzrback77 now make the top 250.
Great catch, @apalmer !

@Joe Bryant please add @bamabuddha and @rzrback77 to your $100 winners list. Their winning lineups are on pages 19 & 20 of this thread.

This whole episode has me thinking. I know there was another one of these scoring discrepancies (exact same scenario) a few weeks ago, that was not caught in time, and no adjustment was made to the final cutline. Wondering if some of those that made the top 225, might have been eliminated if that scoring discrepancy had been caught and forwarded to FBG in time. Any of you analysis whiz pros want to jump on that extra credit homework?

Users who are viewing this thread