What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (1 Viewer)

Wilson dead cap money:
2023- $107,000,000
2024- $85,000,000
2025- $49,600,000
2026- $31,200,000
2027- $12,800,000
2028- $4,400,000

and a reminder on what Seattle got- two first-round picks, No. 9 overall this year and a 2023 first-rounder; two second-round picks, No. 40 overall pick this year and a 2023 second-rounder, this year's fifth-round pick, tight end Noah Fant, quarterback Drew Lock and defensive end Shelby Harris. In addition to Wilson, the Seahawks senta 2022 fourth-round pick to Denver.

I don't even know what you do with that team now. Now, I think we all knew Wilson was on the decline but the level of decline is just mind numbing. The Broncos have a pretty good team actually. A great defense with offensive pieces... it is all going to go to waste and they are just helping Seattle get better while they suck.

Can't say that I will shed a single tear about it. It really does make me feel better about how bad Jones contract is.

I don't like the "could have got him later" argument because you don't know. Unless you have access to all 31 other teams drsft boards... you don't know.

Plus, my view on draft picks is it doesn't matter where they are taken versus what the consensus says is that it really doesn't matter.
Let's face it, when we say things like X draft grade or should have been taken in a later round or whatever we are talking about what a few draft "experts" say. Sure, is amateurs have our own thoughts but all are wrong with swing and misses and all have some good calls. Two of my misses were being excited about Rolando McClain (largely due to the 'consensus' of that being a good pick) and hating the Kolton Miller pick (largely due to the 'consensus' it was a reach). In the end... what the player does or doesn't do is what matters. Kolton Miller was a good 1st round pick. I don't care if we might have got him later. Maxx Crosby os a phenomenal 4th rounder. Most of our 1st recently have been proven bad picks.
Excellent!!!

People who make "Draft grades" immediately after the draft are click bait whores. And they are never held accountable for their grades. But every year they will continue to trot out another set of unaccountable grades that they staunchly support and sway opinion that will likely cause harm to FOs because they influence public opinion, which has real world impact on coaching staff job security.

Don't think media takes have real world impact just remember that without John Madden's constant verbal fellating Brett Favre is Vinny Testaverde Jr.

I don't like the "could have got him later" argument because you don't know. Unless you have access to all 31 other teams drsft boards... you don't know.

Plus, my view on draft picks is it doesn't matter where they are taken versus what the consensus says is that it really doesn't matter.
Let's face it, when we say things like X draft grade or should have been taken in a later round or whatever we are talking about what a few draft "experts" say. Sure, is amateurs have our own thoughts but all are wrong with swing and misses and all have some good calls. Two of my misses were being excited about Rolando McClain (largely due to the 'consensus' of that being a good pick) and hating the Kolton Miller pick (largely due to the 'consensus' it was a reach). In the end... what the player does or doesn't do is what matters. Kolton Miller was a good 1st round pick. I don't care if we might have got him later. Maxx Crosby os a phenomenal 4th rounder. Most of our 1st recently have been proven bad picks.
Excellent!!!

People who make "Draft grades" immediately after the draft are click bait whores. And they are never held accountable for their grades. But every year they will continue to trot out another set of unaccountable grades that they staunchly support and sway opinion that will likely cause harm to FOs because they influence public opinion, which has real world impact on coaching staff job security.

Don't think media takes have real world impact just remember that without John Madden's constant verbal fellating Brett Favre is Vinny Testaverde Jr.
I agree... the only way to judge most picks is in the rear view. I mean, on the positive side- some you don't have to wait long to see they were a good pick. Crosby for example, it didn't take long to see he was a good 4th round pick. Some players take time to develop. Miller was not horrible his first year but he wasn't great either. He got better and better year over year to turn into a very good LT.

Their draft failures are well documented and discussed here. But just throwing this out there as the main reason we haven’t seen a decent defense in Oak/Vegas in decades. Look at all this wasted draft capital thrown at the secondary.
Hayden
Joseph
Melanfonwu
Mullen
Arnette
Abram
Moerihg (little early)
Hobbs being the only stud in the past decade highlights their issues in the secondary.

Their draft failures are well documented and discussed here. But just throwing this out there as the main reason we haven’t seen a decent defense in Oak/Vegas in decades. Look at all this wasted draft capital thrown at the secondary.
Hayden
Joseph
Melanfonwu
Mullen
Arnette
Abram
Moerihg (little early)
Hobbs being the only stud in the past decade highlights their issues in the secondary.
Well.... it isn't like it has just been the secondary. In the last... what.... 20 years, we have drafted two defensive stars: Mack and Crosby. A handful of decent players and then a parade of gawd awful mistakes.

Hayden
Joseph
Melanfonwu
Mullen
Arnette
Abram
Moerihg (little early)
Well.... it isn't like it has just been the secondary. In the last... what.... 20 years, we have drafted two defensive stars: Mack and Crosby. A handful of decent players and then a parade of gawd awful mistakes.
Drafting has not been the only struggle. Personnel moves have been awful in general. Mack was shown the door as one of the best D players in the league and Cooper was moved out . Even when the Raiders do draft a good player, they don’t figure out how to keep them.

And everyone else lost today

It cannot be overstated that the Raiders just beat a team they were chasing to draw within a game of them and that New England and the Jets both have very difficult schedules with serious personnel questions, especially at QB. I mean, that 6-6 and 7-5 can look ugly really quickly, especially considering the Jets play Buffalo next week and a suddenly rejuvenated Detroit the next. The Pats have AZ and then you guys get your shot at them. Five games left, no reason to think the Raiders can't crawl back into it if they win out or go 4-1.

That was a nice win. Maybe the mcZ haters can ease up a bit. The team really seems to be rounding into form a bit. The glaring weaknesses at the start of the season, aren’t as bad now. Could it be coach8ng? GASP!

the D played really really well. And the O line is creating for jacobs.

Who was the DT they said we just signed that the announcers said really brought some interior pressure that we had been missing?

Who was the DT they said we just signed that the announcers said really brought some interior pressure that we had been missing?
90. Tillery. He was great
I bet he's enjoying this win against the team that released him.
He is a good kid. I remember him on the Notre Dame college version of Hard Knocks. 1st round pedigree guy that holds up well in the run and can get some pressure here and there. His release was a gift. I immediately posted here that I wanted us to claim him.

A little bit of pressure from the inside and Jones playing to the level we expected of him... makes for a big difference in a D.

Raiders see playoff chances double after Week 13 win over Chargers​

Story by Marcus Mosher • 1h ago

While the Raiders are still well outside the playoff picture, other AFC contenders such as the Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, and Chargers (obviously) all lost. Those losses allow the Raiders to still be in contention to get a wild card spot despite their 5-7 record.

According to FiveThirtyEight, the Raiders currently have a 13 percent chance to make the playoffs this season. That is up from six percent entering the week. While that might not seem like a massive jump, anytime you can double your playoff odds in a single week is always encouraging.

The Raiders have a very favorable schedule coming up, including a game against the Rams on Thursday Night Football. If they can get back to .500 heading into the final three weeks of the season, they’ll give themselves a chance to sneak into the playoffs.

Their defense is still bad, They need to upgrade the defense at all levels, until they do that they will not be a playoff team.

They are winning some games, the defense is not good.

Their defense is still bad, They need to upgrade the defense at all levels, until they do that they will not be a playoff team.

Almost kept the opposition offense TD less and even that was lucky. More turnovers and sacks last few games winning against highly thought of teams

I’m not gonna complain

Great win. Finally played a complete game.
Too little too late. It’s a shame that they started the season so poorly.
What i see is a team that FINALLY found its mojo. Everyone said this is a difficult scheme to learn , did any of us actually believe this was going to be as easy as adding D.Adams and all would be great (i was guilty of this to a point). The Pats had a great run using this scheme with the right players in place , i think we see a vastly improved team by the end of the season , and if they keep the main cogs in place this team should play like we expected them to at the beginning of this season. Concentrate on the Oline and Defense next offseason and show the world who the Raiders are.

i know ,i know , corny :wink:

Almost kept the opposition offense TD less and even that was lucky. More turnovers and sacks last few games winning against highly thought of teams

I’m not gonna complain

Agreed. Great throw and catch for that TD between Herbert and Allen, on a 4th and 12 (IIRC). Too bad Graham decided in that moment to only rush 2. The pressure on Herbert was the difference maker all game long.

I am not going to say that they are good but the Dolts are a bad offensive team. If (and based on the whole season it is a big IF but given some hope after the last game) Jones plays decently well and the interior pass rush can add some pressure with Tillery added in rotation... Hobbs gets to full speed and Ya-Sin plays well.... there is reason to think there will be some decent improvement. This offense does not need a Niner or Donkey defense to win. They just need to give Crosby some help and be half way decent.

Great win. Finally played a complete game.
Too little too late. It’s a shame that they started the season so poorly.
What i see is a team that FINALLY found its mojo. Everyone said this is a difficult scheme to learn , did any of us actually believe this was going to be as easy as adding D.Adams and all would be great (i was guilty of this to a point). The Pats had a great run using this scheme with the right players in place , i think we see a vastly improved team by the end of the season , and if they keep the main cogs in place this team should play like we expected them to at the beginning of this season. Concentrate on the Oline and Defense next offseason and show the world who the Raiders are.

i know ,i know , corny :wink:
What I like about this is that it is evidence that the McD has not lost this team. That was my biggest worry. I have full faith in McD offensive mind. Graham... I am not sure... now, I liked him a lot but I haven't seen enough that make me still excited, that being said, when your big FA signing has played like poo all season long, it makes it hard.

Remember guys... the first 4 losses against the Dolts, Cards, Titans and Chefs were all one or two plays away from being wins. The Saints loss was a WTF was that with losses to Jags and Colts following then was time to panic. The wins are more like the early games where they showed they could win though they didn't.

If McD hasn't lost this locker room, which it would seem with these wins he hasn't, then there is a whole lot to be optimistic about in the future even if we don't sneak into the playoffs this year. If McD can lead a team like he has shown he can lead an offense.... we aren't that far away.

Biggest reason to be optimistic about JMcD all of a sudden (besides the endorsement of his locker room during the depths of the 2-7 week) is the incredible improvement of the Oline. We ALL head scratched over the rapid rotation of OL during the first half of the season and it seems to be paying off big time now. Hat's off to him for that.

It’s incredible how different a team looks when they play well in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Putting it simply, that’s biggest takeaway from the last 3 weeks. But I will NOT be sucked in again! It’s nice to see improvements, but anything over 7 wins is a miracle considering how bad the 1st half of the season was.

It’s incredible how different a team looks when they play well in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Putting it simply, that’s biggest takeaway from the last 3 weeks. But I will NOT be sucked in again! It’s nice to see improvements, but anything over 7 wins is a miracle considering how bad the 1st half of the season was.
I am glad that the talk to can Carr and McD has subsided. The new regime needs another year or two to rebuild the team.

Biggest reason to be optimistic about JMcD all of a sudden (besides the endorsement of his locker room during the depths of the 2-7 week) is the incredible improvement of the Oline. We ALL head scratched over the rapid rotation of OL during the first half of the season and it seems to be paying off big time now. Hat's off to him for that.
100% i was crying for all the world to hear about not addressing the Oline. looks like i was wrong. big E still worries me :lmao:

Look at Mack's stat line for the game.

3 assisted tackles.

Got to give props to the line, Bricillo for coaching them up, McD/Lombardi for the gameplan, and Carr for getting the ball out for that. But special props to Eleamanor for not getting eaten up.

3 assisted tackles.

Got to give props to the line, Bricillo for coaching them up, McD/Lombardi for the gameplan, and Carr for getting the ball out for that. But special props to Eleamanor for not getting eaten up.
I’m most impressed by Bars. He was a cast off from Chicago that has beaten out Simpson and Cotton to solidify that LG spot. Is there still room to upgrade the position? Absolutely, but he’s a nice, under-the-radar FA pickup.
Also, did anyone else notice Munford started the game, but I swear I only I saw him in there for that one play then Elumoneur (sp?) played the rest of the game at RT.

3 assisted tackles.

I’m most impressed by Bars. He was a cast off from Chicago that has beaten out Simpson and Cotton to solidify that LG spot. Is there still room to upgrade the position? Absolutely, but he’s a nice, under-the-radar FA pickup.
Also, did anyone else notice Munford started the game, but I swear I only I saw him in there for that one play then Elumoneur (sp?) played the rest of the game at RT.
I’m a fan as well. Cotton went to IR. So stay strong bars!

3 assisted tackles.

I was honestly confused on how Bars seemed to not getting a good look early on. It seemed like he was never really in the conversation to start from camp, pre-season and even early in the season. I liked his signing and he played decently well in Chicago plus is versatile in playing multiple positions. I wasn't shocked to see him finally make his way into that RG and hold it down.

Munford had 3 snaps but the line Miller, Parham, James, Barr and Eluemunor (correct spelling) had 100% so my guess is he was out there as an eligible TE extra blocker.

Same. I liked the signing from the get go
We agree completely on something? This worries me.
Don’t worry, I’m biting my tongue on Waller. Lincoln Kennedy making some remarks that infer that Waller is holding himself off the field and he might not be as hurt as he claims. I really hope they can find a trade partner. As devoid of talent as the TE position is, in the nfl, maybe they can get a premium for him.

Users who are viewing this thread