What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread, Presented by YouTubeTV (20 Viewers)

wow that was so close - was that ball falling back towards the rim or just not a great camera angle?
I think it was the right call. The camera isn't directly over the center of the hoop. It's just a tad behind center of hoop, which means you have to project the ball slightly closer to the hoop/backboard.

Still a pretty crazy time to make that call though.

Minnesota had too many mental mistakes. Settled for too many threes, that final inbound Conley should have fouled before they got the ball to Irving, too many cross court passes, and ducking under the pick and roll too much.

Great win for Dallas. I was suprised by the Wolves inabilty to throw any kind of resistance at Kyrie or Luka, the Wolves complete inability to get to the rim, and Dallas's rebounding on both ends. Wolves gonna have to make some changes.

Well my prediction is already wrong. Game 1 in the books.

That was a gift. That's one of the very few games where the team worse from 3 won the game. 6-25, idk if Minnesota will get a shooting performance that poor from Dallas again. It's not like most of the misses were contested either. Wolves shot about normal it seems ~35%.

I doubt McDaniels goes 6/9 on mostly contested threes again too.

Naz Reid scares me. The KAT-Gobert PnR is really good. Edwards kinda looked like crap.

Well my prediction is already wrong. Game 1 in the books.

That was a gift. That's one of the very few games where the team worse from 3 won the game. 6-25, idk if Minnesota will get a shooting performance that poor from Dallas again. It's not like most of the misses were contested either. Wolves shot about normal it seems ~35%.

I doubt McDaniels goes 6/9 on mostly contested threes again too.

Naz Reid scares me. The KAT-Gobert PnR is really good. Edwards kinda looked like crap.
Ant shot 12 threes and only 4 twos. That's not his game. I was surprised he couldn't figure out Dallas's defense after 7 games of Denver keying on him, but he clearly didn't. Although I say this after a 19-11-8 game on 16 shots.

Lots of adjustments needed. Mostly the Wolves' need to reclaim the paint on both ends. Dallas kicked their asses.

Mavs in 4.
Idk if Kyrie and Luka being this efficient thru an entire series is realistic, especially with Luka's knee.
That's all they've done all season and postseason. It's why they are here.

Kyrie burned a lot of fuel in the 1st half and missed almost all of his shots in the 4th, but he did enough damage and set em up for Luka to finish.

Luka doesn't play fast enough to be worn out very often. He's already got that old man pace to his game where he picks his spots to hustle and dogs it a lot.

Will be in Slovenia during G4 and G5. I might get one more shot at this :laugh:
totes jelly
It's amazing there, I've been a couple times.

No idea if Luka is loved there as much as Jokic is in Serbia though, as I'm assuming basketball isn't as huge there as it is in Serbia.

These 2am start times are just killing me though. Luckily/Unluckily an owl just woke me up at 430am and I got to stream the end of tonight's game. Would be nice if it stfu now though.

Will be in Slovenia during G4 and G5. I might get one more shot at this :laugh:
totes jelly
It's amazing there, I've been a couple times.

No idea if Luka is loved there as much as Jokic is in Serbia though, as I'm assuming basketball isn't as huge there as it is in Serbia.

These 2am start times are just killing me though. Luckily/Unluckily an owl just woke me up at 430am and I got to stream the end of tonight's game. Would be nice if it stfu now though.
Ljubljana is lovely this time of year.

In the last 6 minutes the 22 year old Ant ran out of gas and the dad bod Luka played some of the best defense of his career. Great game overall.
easier to stay fresh when you play something resembling defense maybe 2-3 possessions per game and on offense you are skilled enough to kinda loaf around and put up points without exerting a bunch of energy.

he's that 45 year old guy at the gym who's 30 lbs overweight, balding, wearing the Chucks he bought in 1996 and just flushing every shot without being able to leave the floor when he shoots.

Gimme 6 more of those baby. Captivating 2 1/2 hours of television.
It was so good

Man Dallas has really done a great job building out that roster after Luka. Tremendous.
And it wasn't looking that way until they pulled off their trade deadline deals. Who would have thought that Gafford and Washington would have unlocked the team like this. I thought it was foolhardy pushing their remaining chips in for those two but those have to be some of the best trades any team has made in recent history.

It was so good

Man Dallas has really done a great job building out that roster after Luka. Tremendous.
And it wasn't looking that way until they pulled off their trade deadline deals. Who would have thought that Gafford and Washington would have unlocked the team like this. I thought it was foolhardy pushing their remaining chips in for those two but those have to be some of the best trades any team has made in recent history.
Without going back and quoting my own thoughts, one guy the Mavs fanbase is certainly tracking as seeing this outside the team is Tim Legler. He's been on it from the moment the moves were made as possible title shifting, excellent trades.

In March he was shouting into the void solo. In April he was no longer alone. Now...idk if he gets enough credit for foresight.

(edit: which is mostly to agree with you, a lot of people were not thinking it was bright)

It was so good

As a lowly Wizards fan I was sad to see Gafford go. He was exactly what DAL needed and it was obvious to those of us that had watched Gaff every night. Guys that contribute without the ball in their hands. Rim protection. Energy. Luka is pretty much the NBA version of the ball hog at the local gym. And immensely talented at it. And Kyrie who I am hard on is the guy that can take the handles when Luka gets tired. They really did it right.

Also watched ex-Wiz KCP do the same thing for DEN last year, as far as not needing the ball and being a key player on D.

We had to blow it up. But sad to see both of them elsewhere.

It was so good

Without going back and quoting my own thoughts, one guy the Mavs fanbase is certainly tracking as seeing this outside the team is Tim Legler. He's been on it from the moment the moves were made as possible title shifting, excellent trades.

In March he was shouting into the void solo. In April he was no longer alone. Now...idk if he gets enough credit for foresight.

(edit: which is mostly to agree with you, a lot of people were not thinking it was bright)
Legler is one of the best.

Users who are viewing this thread