What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread, Presented by YouTubeTV (8 Viewers)

Gafford and Washington look great again. Luka and Gafford combine for 30 boards.
I'm seeing 28 boards. PJ Washington was 4-11 from the floor and 0-5 from three. And Dallas eked out a home win against lowly Washington.
Ok. My bad for rounding lmao.

They looked great. Like a team of basketball players. If you haven't been watching every game like some folks, and attending most home games, I get why just looking at a box score might mean less. When you watch the ball actually move, see guys cut, see defenses that don't just sit there because there's no threat elsewhere, see guys smiling and looking like it's actually enjoyable to be out there - it's a totally different team. It's two games, but both games looked night and day from pre-deadline, and we haven't even seen Lively back yet.

I'd say it's more likely than not this team climbs to the top 6 seeds.

per Reddit:

Two people, Ignacio Garcia from MARCA and Tolis Kotzias of SDNA, have basically all of the ridiculous votes we've seen. Between them, they're responsible for:

• All of the crazy Sabonis votes
  • Jrue #1 DPOY and Giannis #2, with no Gobert
  • Haliburton #1 MIP
  • SGA 5th for MVP
  • No Luka on MVP ballot
  • Luka All-NBA 2nd Team
  • LeBron All-NBA 1st Team
  • Bam All-NBA 2nd Team
  • No Brunson on All-NBA
  • Jose Alvarado 2nd for 6th Man and Jaime Jaquez Jr. 3rd
  • Tatum 1st for Jerry West Clutch Player
  • Bobby Portis All-Defensive 2nd Team

Trajan Langdon to be the next Pistons President of Operations. Which will be above the GM.

No idea if that's good. But it can't be worse.

per Reddit:

Two people, Ignacio Garcia from MARCA and Tolis Kotzias of SDNA, have basically all of the ridiculous votes we've seen. Between them, they're responsible for:

• Haliburton #1 MIP
  • SGA 5th for MVP
  • No Luka on MVP ballot
  • Luka All-NBA 2nd Team
  • Bam All-NBA 2nd Team
  • No Brunson on All-NBA
Given MARCA's long history of "journalism", I would assume they just vote for the highest briber.

Bickerstaff fired in Cleveland. The known candidates now seem to be Kenny Atkinson and James borrego. Bickerstaff did a pretty good job but I understand not having confidence in him being able to take them to the next level. But I’m not sure why they would have confidence in Atkinson and borrego doing that.

Apparently the Pacers just have no interest in playing defense tonight. Celtics constantly with free paths to the rim. And sloppy sloppy sloppy on offense. No heart out there at all. They’re definitely getting blown out tonight.

Game 1: Pacers made me rethink a 5-game Series in favor of Boston, I thought Indiana would be hard pressed to win a game and it ended up being very entertaining

Game 2: In the 1st Half, Boston was able to extend their lead at one point to at least 15 and I thought this is the Boston team I thought I was predicting but then Indiana starts cutting the lead down again and I'm not sure if Boston is quite as good as I think they are. It still feels far fetched that the Pacers are a threat to take the Series.

If Indiana could hang around and possibly steal this game and go home 1-1, that would change the entire outlook of the Series
Then I could see 2-2 and back to Boston, maybe the Series would go 6 or 7...but that stretch where Boston was scoring at will in the early 2nd Q after a close 1st, they looked better than Indiana has looked at any moment so far. The Pacers feel like they have to scratch and claw to keep it close where Boston can glide to a double digit lead and make it look effortless.

And yet it's a 6 point game at the Half and the Pacers look ready to return fire. You have to give them credit for making the games entertaining thus far.
I'm not rooting for Boston other than for gambling purposes, I would love to see the Celtics lose

Game 1: Pacers made me rethink a 5-game Series in favor of Boston, I thought Indiana would be hard pressed to win a game and it ended up being very entertaining

Game 2: In the 1st Half, Boston was able to extend their lead at one point to at least 15 and I thought this is the Boston team I thought I was predicting but then Indiana starts cutting the lead down again and I'm not sure if Boston is quite as good as I think they are. It still feels far fetched that the Pacers are a threat to take the Series.

If Indiana could hang around and possibly steal this game and go home 1-1, that would change the entire outlook of the Series
Then I could see 2-2 and back to Boston, maybe the Series would go 6 or 7...but that stretch where Boston was scoring at will in the early 2nd Q after a close 1st, they looked better than Indiana has looked at any moment so far. The Pacers feel like they have to scratch and claw to keep it close where Boston can glide to a double digit lead and make it look effortless.

And yet it's a 6 point game at the Half and the Pacers look ready to return fire. You have to give them credit for making the games entertaining thus far.
I'm not rooting for Boston other than for gambling purposes, I would love to see the Celtics lose

Yeah, I thought a lot of folks in here were undervaluing them. They're a feisty group.

I am still undecuded if we should worry about the Celtic defense or if the Pacers offense is just so good right now that no one is going to stop it. I am leaning towards the later.

I am still undecuded if we should worry about the Celtic defense or if the Pacers offense is just so good right now that no one is going to stop it. I am leaning towards the later.
I think it's a little of both.

I've said all season that Porzingis was the 2nd most important player to their ability to win a championship because without him out there, Turner in game 1 and now Siakam in game 2 just get whatever they want, plus he gets easy buckets in the half court and can hit 3s.

If he's out there, neither of these games are this close.

Tatum isn't "generational", but he's been 1st team All-NBA 3 years in a row and has been one of the 10 best basketball players in the world all that time with great availability and consistency. He has some flaws, but the list of guys without flaws is very very short.

per Reddit:

• Haliburton #1 MIP
  • SGA 5th for MVP
  • No Luka on MVP ballot
  • Luka All-NBA 2nd Team
  • Bam All-NBA 2nd Team
  • No Brunson on All-NBA

The bolded gave me a good laugh. Great schtick

Yeah, I thought a lot of folks in here were undervaluing them. They're a feisty group.
I thought it went really underreported just how insane they were on offense all season. They had the highest ppg in 40 years and it really hasn’t slowed down in the playoffs. It’s not just pace either. I think they’re the best offense in the nba. The problem of course is the other end. They are basically hiding Halliburton at all times and Siakam often looks completely gassed on that end due to pace and what he’s being asked to do on offense.

Small sample size, but IND had an offensive rating of 121.0 in the regular season but are at 117.4 in the two playoffs games against Boston. On the flip side, the Pacers had a defensive rating of 118.0 in the regular season (with the Celtics at 127.7 vs. IND so far in the series). Hopefully Hali isn't out, but we'll have to see how both teams adjust. I would hope Boston figures out their communications issues, as too many times they weren't on the same page on if they were switching, dropping, helping, or doubling on defense and someone would walk in for an easy layup. I will say that the Pacers run some actions with multiple screens, handoffs, rolls, and cuts that happen so quickly that they are very hard to defend. When executed properly, someone ends up having to guard two guys at once.

Users who are viewing this thread