What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread, Presented by YouTubeTV (14 Viewers)

No more drop coverage please.
Rudy has been a beast defensively in these two games. Drop is what he does

Drop was horrible game 1. They have been doubling Luka and it has worked better.
:no:

Gobert played 38 minutes, during which time Minnesota outscored Dallas by 10 points and held the Mavs to 100 points per 100 possessions. In the other 10 minutes, Dallas scored 165 points per 100 possessions.

I am just talking about the drop coverage on the pick and roll, not every possession.

Plus how is the blitz working tonight.
Isn't a drop a pick and roll coverage? Don't even know what a drop would be in a non pick and roll. I am also dumb so maybe I am being dumb here

I was about to admire Doncic until, you know, sportsmanship.
He was still pissed at Gobert for punching him in the chest earlier and they had words where it looked like Gobert just rolled his eyes and shrugged Luka off.

Plus NBA fans courtside are brutal and deserve every bit of snapback after stealing a game on the road like that.

Drop was horrible game 1. They have been doubling Luka and it has worked better.

Gobert played 38 minutes, during which time Minnesota outscored Dallas by 10 points and held the Mavs to 100 points per 100 possessions. In the other 10 minutes, Dallas scored 165 points per 100 possessions.

I am just talking about the drop coverage on the pick and roll, not every possession.

Isn't a drop a pick and roll coverage? Don't even know what a drop would be in a non pick and roll. I am also dumb so maybe I am being dumb here

Yes, but you gave stats for the entire game. They didn't run the pick and roll every play.

He was still pissed at Gobert for punching him in the chest earlier and they had words where it looked like Gobert just rolled his eyes and shrugged Luka off.

Plus NBA fans courtside are brutal and deserve every bit of snapback after stealing a game on the road like that.
I see. No wonder basketball culture isn't for me.

I prefer my athletes with less "Go home, *****".

1. I don't think we need to be talking sportsmanship when our guy tried to do a dunk contest style dunk in Game 7 last round.

2. Stage is looking too big for Ant. I think he's in his head trying to figure out how to be a playmaker vs how to be a scorer instead of just playing ball. Not surprsing at 22.

3. KAT can't disappear. No matter how good Naz played he can't keep playing like ****.

4. Rudy led the starters in plus/minus again. I don't think he should get slandered for not being able to guard Luka ****ing Doncic on the perimeter 1-on-1.

5. Luka and Kyrie showing that experience in this kind of situation matters. Wolves don't have it, those two do, and it shows out in the fourth in both games so far.

6. If the Wolves can't solve the drive and lob this series goes 4.

7. Don't count out a team that won 3 games in Denver last series. Seriously, @msudaisy26.

You don’t think nfl players are like this? Lot of testosterone out there in the highest pressure situations.

No dog in this fight but that did seem pretty minor considering the shot he just hit.

1. I don't think we need to be talking sportsmanship when our guy tried to do a dunk contest style dunk in Game 7 last round.

2. Stage is looking too big for Ant. I think he's in his head trying to figure out how to be a playmaker vs how to be a scorer instead of just playing ball. Not surprsing at 22.

3. KAT can't disappear. No matter how good Naz played he can't keep playing like ****.

4. Rudy led the starters in plus/minus again. I don't think he should get slandered for not being able to guard Luka ****ing Doncic on the perimeter 1-on-1.

5. Luka and Kyrie showing that experience in this kind of situation matters. Wolves don't have it, those two do, and it shows out in the fourth in both games so far.

6. If the Wolves can't solve the drive and lob this series goes 4.

7. Don't count out a team that won 3 games in Denver last series. Seriously, @msudaisy26.

Rooting for you, and I hope I am wrong, but I don't see it.

I want more. Bunch of wusses in the world. Horrible old man take. Talking trash is good. And when Ant and Rudy talk as much as they do, the fire to go right back is awesome. Best part of sports without a doubt.

I want more. Bunch of wusses in the world. Horrible old man take. Talking trash is good. And when Ant and Rudy talk as much as they do, the fire to go right back is awesome. Best part of sports without a doubt.

You can't trash talk and be the biggest whiner too.

@msudaisy26.
isn’t this just kind of who Ant has been through his career to this point, in terms of being inconsistent? He has amazing highs and doesn’t show up some percentage of the time. I think we’re just getting his downside at an inopportune time.

Yes, but you gave stats for the entire game. They didn't run the pick and roll every play.
I did. Well at least the 38 minutes Gobert played. I get that you think they should not do drop. But they drop nearly every time Gobert is in the game, so the full game stats are pretty telling. If there is actual play by play stats (and I am sure there are) that show how MIN did points per possession or some **** when they had Rudy in drop, and it tells a story that he sucked, I will agree with your take. I just don't think the stats will bear that out :shrug:

Love the fans heckling Draymond's ***** *** during the interview.
Chuck yelling at them that we’ll see you next year got a legit LOL out of me.
Indeed. Chuck has a good sense of humor.

Draymond is just up there to constantly drive a grudge against a better defender than himself. It's so ****ing obnoxious IMO.
It's a really bad look for TNT that they let him come out there and drag a guy he assaulted on the court earlier this season. Inside the NBA is unwatchable with that POS on there.

I did. Well at least the 38 minutes Gobert played. I get that you think they should not do drop. But they drop nearly every time Gobert is in the game, so the full game stats are pretty telling. If there is actual play by play stats (and I am sure there are) that show how MIN did points per possession or some **** when they had Rudy in drop, and it tells a story that he sucked, I will agree with your take. I just don't think the stats will bear that out :shrug:

I don't have the stats either, but in game one when the dropped it seemed like Luka had his way. Today when they blitzed they got the ball out of Luka's hand and there seemed like there was a lot more missed shots.

To be fair I watched game one from a hospital bed with some string pain meds.

Draymond is just up there to constantly drive a grudge against a better defender than himself. It's so ****ing obnoxious IMO.
It's a really bad look for TNT that they let him come out there and drag a guy he assaulted on the court earlier this season. Inside the NBA is unwatchable with that POS on there.
Not like there is really any downside to it since Inside/TNT is pretty much done. Feels like you would rather go out on top than with this scumbag though.

Maybe it is all some elaborate setup for Chuck and Shaq to drop him through a table Dudley Boyz style? That is about the only thing that could redeem this ********.

I generally don't give **** to officials. It's very hard. Missing the Kyrie foul on McDaniels was bad though. He was staring right at the play. Also super dumb rule that they can't change that to a foul.

However, my favorite play/referee absurdness was a Slo Mo free throw in the first quarter where they called a lane violation on him. What a **** call.

This is before he shoots https://imgur.com/a/InnpOu2
This is the violation https://imgur.com/a/lane-violation-dY8jRHh

Technically he did touch down in the lane like .0003 seconds before it hits the rim, and I know they never call the violation on the guys down low, but come on

Not like there is really any downside to it since Inside/TNT is pretty much done. Feels like you would rather go out on top than with this scumbag though.

Maybe it is all some elaborate setup for Chuck and Shaq to drop him through a table Dudley Boyz style? That is about the only thing that could redeem this ********.
Yep. Inside the NBA won't be missed by me or many others if the plan was to keep bringing that ******* on there.

Yep. Inside the NBA won't be missed by me or many others if the plan was to keep bringing that ******* on there.

I will miss it.

I will miss it.
I'm sure Draymond has a podcast you can listen to his awful takes on still.

Users who are viewing this thread