What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Sad Minnesota fan remembers Vikings season is up next (35 Viewers)

Fun first half and impressive Lakers run to cut the lead to 1. I hope the Pels prove me wrong and able to keep this same energy/focus in the 4th.

Fun first half and impressive Lakers run to cut the lead to 1. I hope the Pels prove me wrong and able to keep this same energy/focus in the 4th.
Yeah, that was a bad stretch with missed opportunities and dumb turnovers.

I have BOS and OKC facing off in the finals. I know, I know, both #1 seeds hardly ever make it that far. The last time was in 2016 . . . 8 years ago. The last time before that was 2008 . . .8 years earlier. The last time before that was 2000 . . . 8 years earlier. It happened a few times in the 90s, including 1992. And it happened again in 1984. So I am playing the Crazy 8's card and predicting it to happen again . . . for the 6th time in a row.

I have BOS and OKC facing off in the finals. I know, I know, both #1 seeds hardly ever make it that far. The last time was in 2016 . . . 8 years ago. The last time before that was 2008 . . .8 years earlier. The last time before that was 2000 . . . 8 years earlier. It happened a few times in the 90s, including 1992. And it happened again in 1984. So I am playing the Crazy 8's card and predicting it to happen again . . . for the 6th time in a row.
Similarly, I have the Heat advancing in the finals after a 7 game series with the Celtics.

Similarly, I have the Heat advancing in the finals after a 7 game series with the Celtics.
If that happens again, I will completely melt down.

Would the Warriors be the 2 seed in the East?
I was curious how the standings looked counting games only against Eastern Conference opponents.

DEN .800
BOS .788
OKC .700, LAC .700
NYK .673
PHO .667, LAL .667, GSW .667
MIL .654
MIN .633, DAL .633, NOP .633
ORL .615, IND .615, MIA .615
CLE .596, PHI .596
SAC .533
UTA .500
BRK .462
HOU .433, POR .433
CHI .431
ATL .423
MEM .419
TOR .346
CHA .269
WAS .262
SAS .258
DET .196

Or counting games only against Western Conference opponents.

BOS .767
MIN .712
OKC .692
DEN .635
DAL .596
LAC .577, NOP .577, SAC .577
CLE .567
PHO .558
CHI .548
HOU .538
PHI .533
LAL .519
NYK .500, MIL ,500, ORL .500, IND .500, GSW .500
MIA .467, ATL .467
UTA .308
MEM .275, SAS .275
BRK .267
TOR .233, CHA .233
POR .154
WAS .133
DET .139
Now add those up and you're on to something.

Loved Reggie Miller saying AD should intentionally miss the second FT up 3 with 2.7 seconds to play (rather than make it to go up 4).

He’s the worst.
Yeah that was… strange. It’s just simple math, Reggie, I hope you guys aren’t talking about that on a plane.

This is a prime example of why people that compare Jokic and Sabonis are idiots. Sabonis is an all-star level regular season player that is trash when a team can scheme him.

What is wrong with Fox? Has he been hurt or something? Just doesn't have that extra speed burst he used to and is JAG out there tonight with 10 pts on 11 shots...and I would have guessed he only had 4-6 pts.

This is a prime example of why people that compare Jokic and Sabonis are idiots. Sabonis is an all-star level regular season player that is trash when a team can scheme him.
Are there actually people out there doing that?

Seems like a Perkins kind of idiocy to me, but idk.

Are there actually people out there doing that?

Seems like a Perkins kind of idiocy to me, but idk.
That comparison is always prefaced by the assertion that Sabonis is a poor man’s version of Jokic so it’s a weird complaint.

What is wrong with Fox? Has he been hurt or something? Just doesn't have that extra speed burst he used to and is JAG out there tonight with 10 pts on 11 shots...and I would have guessed he only had 4-6 pts.
Ok, nevermind. There he is.

Also, best defense by the Kings that I can recall...there defense was atrocious for the most part in the regular season
When your two worst perimeter defenders get hurt and they are replaced with your two best perimeter players, it helps the defense.

Hope Zion is OK to play Friday. He was awesome tonight and I’m not sure Lakers win if he stayed on the court through the end.

He worked on his physical fitness but still has a lot of work mentally. Part of me thinks he'll already be checked out. Strikes me as a spoiled child sometimes who thinks because he's finally giving it 100% that he's owed a W.

Users who are viewing this thread