What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Draft complete. (9 Viewers)

The Lions should claim Odell Beckham Jr., who was just cut by the Browns. They restructured his contract and the cost will be low. Even with the baggage they are so desperate for WRs they should just go for it. There is really nothing to lose. Plus the added benefit of guaranteeing the Packers dont get him.  :lol:

Zeppelin said:
The Lions should claim Odell Beckham Jr., who was just cut by the Browns. They restructured his contract and the cost will be low. Even with the baggage they are so desperate for WRs they should just go for it. There is really nothing to lose. Plus the added benefit of guaranteeing the Packers dont get him.  :lol:

Do that & OBJ will be posting vids of Goff every day until they let him walk

I'm a Texans fan interested in what Lions fans think about the 2022 NFL draft. Assuming standing would hold as of today, you all would have the 1.1. Do you think Detroit would go QB in that scenario or would you be bigger players for Thibodeaux or other non-QBs with the first pick?

I'm a Texans fan interested in what Lions fans think about the 2022 NFL draft. Assuming standing would hold as of today, you all would have the 1.1. Do you think Detroit would go QB in that scenario or would you be bigger players for Thibodeaux or other non-QBs with the first pick?
I don't think there will be a QB worth a top 3 pick, so a defensive difference maker like Thib would probably be the pick. And the Rams pick at the end of the first might be the 3rd or 4th best QB out of what looks right now like a less than awesome class. Probably defense again unless a solid WR slips to that spot. Same with pick #33-35 in the 2nd round.

I don't think there will be a QB worth a top 3 pick, so a defensive difference maker like Thib would probably be the pick. And the Rams pick at the end of the first might be the 3rd or 4th best QB out of what looks right now like a less than awesome class. Probably defense again unless a solid WR slips to that spot. Same with pick #33-35 in the 2nd round.
Agreed. Before the season I think it was possibly a debate between Howell and Rattler as to who was the top QB taken. That's completely flipped and is almost now certainly Corral or Malik Willis. I was mostly curious because it's possible the Lions stay ahead of the Texans and might decide to give up on Goff already and pick his successor, leaving us with QB2.

I'm not sure there's a QB worth a top 15 pick. Not that a team won't, but it still feels like in mocks (and maybe in reality), the reason Corral and/or Willis  might go that high is the idea that QBs are supposed to be drafted there rather than because of talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lions waive WR Tyrell Williams with injury settlement. He was supposed to be team's top WR but injured in first game.

Only luck Lions have had has been bad luck.

Lions cant go through another season with Goff as top QB. Would suck the life out of the team and fans. I myself could not endure it. The second time he threw the ball out of bounds on 4th down was just too big an error/lack of composure/heart whatever you want to call it.

Doesn't mean they have to use their first draft choice on one in draft but need an alternative to Goff going into 2022. Whether that's another team's backup or the ghost of Bobby Layne I do not care. That's Holmes dilemma and he needs to get the QB transition right.

With the Jaguars and Dolphins winning, the Texans are the only one-win team in the league. The Lions odds of getting the first pick just got a lot better.  :thumbup:

With the Jaguars and Dolphins winning, the Texans are the only one-win team in the league. The Lions odds of getting the first pick just got a lot better.  :thumbup:
Hard  right now to see Lions winning more than one game so does look like Houston and Detroit as the contenders for the #1 pick.

In other news Breshad Perriman cut by Bears.

Hard  right now to see Lions winning more than one game so does look like Houston and Detroit as the contenders for the #1 pick.

In other news Breshad Perriman cut by Bears.

I hoped you check to see if the Panthers and Darnold were in your division.

Lions cant go through another season with Goff as top QB. Would suck the life out of the team and fans. I myself could not endure it. The second time he threw the ball out of bounds on 4th down was just too big an error/lack of composure/heart whatever you want to call it.

Doesn't mean they have to use their first draft choice on one in draft but need an alternative to Goff going into 2022. Whether that's another team's backup or the ghost of Bobby Layne I do not care. That's Holmes dilemma and he needs to get the QB transition right.
Best case is someone slips to the later part of the first (where most team drafting already have a QB). That would still give you the edge rusher at #1 and then maybe a WR in the early 2nd round. And then try to work the rookie QB into the lineup sometime in 2022. At some point Goff will get injured or benched.

Lions claimed former Rams WR Josh Reynolds off waivers. 

CB Ifeatu Melifonwu will start practicing. They have 3 weeks to put him on roster or shut him down for the year. 

Taylor Decker might start this week. 

Lions claimed former Rams WR Josh Reynolds off waivers. 

CB Ifeatu Melifonwu will start practicing. They have 3 weeks to put him on roster or shut him down for the year. 

Taylor Decker might start this week. 
all good things

prediction: Amon-Ra will see double digit targets for the first time 

super bold: Goff will target him 20 yards beyond the line of scrimmage (possibly even twice)

I agree.  there are so many retreads out there who are better than Goff. 

I would take Mitch Trubisky over Goff.  At least he can run and escape the rush. Goff is like a statue for only being 26.  Plus his arm is weak.   Now I know why McVay wanted to get rid of him.

all good things

prediction: Amon-Ra will see double digit targets for the first time 

super bold: Goff will target him 20 yards beyond the line of scrimmage (possibly even twice)
I think you have a better chance of Goff targeting him 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage. But lets hope he does take some shots down the field.

Goff isn't going anywhere, even next year.  As for QBs, there is not slam dunk, but Corral and probably Pickett will be the first couple of QBs taken and they'll go high because QBs always do.  I wouldn't take either at 1.1 but at least one of them will go by 1.3 easy.  Right now Thibodeaux should be 1.1

The Lions should draft a QB this year, but more like a 5th round prospect.  Give them a bit of a shot in 22, but expect them to be a backup when you make your QB pick in 23.

Goff isn't going anywhere, even next year.  As for QBs, there is not slam dunk, but Corral and probably Pickett will be the first couple of QBs taken and they'll go high because QBs always do.  I wouldn't take either at 1.1 but at least one of them will go by 1.3 easy.  Right now Thibodeaux should be 1.1

The Lions should draft a QB this year, but more like a 5th round prospect.  Give them a bit of a shot in 22, but expect them to be a backup when you make your QB pick in 23.

I would take backups like Geno Smith, Tierod Taylor, Marcus Mariota over Goff in a second.  I was all for giving Goff a chance but have seen enough already to know they can`t win with Goff.

I would take backups like Geno Smith, Tierod Taylor, Marcus Mariota over Goff in a second.  I was all for giving Goff a chance but have seen enough already to know they can`t win with Goff.
It's not that I like Goff over any of those guys, it's that his contract basically ties us to him unless they want to take a big dead money hit.  They are better off if they suck again next year when hopefully there will be a better QB crop.

It's not that I like Goff over any of those guys, it's that his contract basically ties us to him unless they want to take a big dead money hit.  They are better off if they suck again next year when hopefully there will be a better QB crop.

I know.  It is just frustrating to watch.  Even if we kept Stafford this team might be 2-6 at best.

Roethlisberger out due to Covid. Mason Rudolph gets the start. 

Could this be the week?

The Lions haven't won in Pittsburgh since 1955. 

Pittsburgh defense should be enough to win the game.
You could probably put a few people reading this thread behind center and win. 
or just direct snap to Diontae or Najee every down. This could be a 6-3 game. 

which obviously means y’all should bet on the over. 

I'm not saying I think the Lions will win this or any game this year. I do think this is one of the more winnable games on their schedule. 
Agree. Ben out,Claypool out,off a bye,Steelers do just enough to win it seems. Should be close so maybe The Lions have a chance in the fourth quarter.

Lions get all the breaks still cant win. Ben out, Claypool out, Watt out, Haden out, two turnovers by Pitt, 25yds lost on a bad snap, bail out penalties still couldn't win.

Just dont see them winning any games this year particularly if Goff continues to start.. They may give Chicago a run if Fields plays bad but I doubt it.

dan campbell’s opening remarks:

“i don’t even know how to feel about that.”

said Goff is dealing with a hip/oblique which limited what he could do, but he was good enough to stay in there

confirmed he was the play caller today (Swift 33 attempts)

with Decker back O line played their best game of the year run blocking but never gave Goff a clean pocket

dan campbell’s opening remarks:

“i don’t even know how to feel about that.”

said Goff is dealing with a hip/oblique which limited what he could do, but he was good enough to stay in there

confirmed he was the play caller today (Swift 33 attempts)

with Decker back O line played their best game of the year run blocking but never gave Goff a clean pocket
Good enough to stay out there. LOL

You are right about not having a clean pocket but on the short throws he was in such a hurry to just get rid of it.

Lions get all the breaks still cant win. Ben out, Claypool out, Watt out, Haden out, two turnovers by Pitt, 25yds lost on a bad snap, bail out penalties still couldn't win.

Just dont see them winning any games this year particularly if Goff continues to start.. They may give Chicago a run if Fields plays bad but I doubt it.

Today looked like a low level semi-pro game.

As bad as the Steelers played Goff could not move the offense. Steelers tried to give the Lions the game but Lions would not take it.    Campbell calling for runs on third and 10, third and 12 in the 4th quarter when a FG wins for either team made no sense either.  It is either stupid or he does not trust Goff or a little of both.

On another note Lions will be working out kickers in Allen Park this week.

A point not to be missed is that the Lions avoided becoming the first team to go 0-17 and still kept their hold on the #1 draft pick. A win-win  :homer:

After how much Pittsburgh tried to give them the game just do not see them winning a game this year. Except if Green Bay has nothing to play for in the finale and just lies down or maybe, just maybe they increase their chances by a QB change.

That's the same thing I was saying...and I still don't know.
defense played well

OK, Mason is horrendous, but still - big time turnovers

team punted ten times today but the D kept giving them a chance

looked terrible first drive but solid thereafter

________________l

Even taking into account injury, weather, et al, it’s unbelievable how bad Goff is rn. That’s TWICE in four weeks he has finished a first quarter with negative passing yards. 11 at the half, 30 after 3 quarters, 54 at the end of regulation. He missed receivers short or long - Raymond had three steps on his man and Goff woefully underthrew him. Hockenson had zeroes across the board.

Think about this: the halfbacks just went 38-227-2 and they could only manage a tie. Jared is playing with bad we really should go with Blough. He’s a bottom third backup QB in the league but at least he could presumably throw a pass beyond the LOS.

Goff reminds me of the ferret in a pet store that nobody wants.
always thought a prairie dog would be a great pet bc it would never not be funny when he popped his head up to look around

unfortunately he’s the placeholder through next season based on the cap hit alone

on the plus side that’s two years of high draft slots

Dan Campbell had” called about 8-10 plays” before today

he’s always preached “surround yourself with smart people & let them do their job”

apparently he’s concluded (correctly, I think) A Lynn is not good at what he does

Josh Reynolds being active should help marginally 

decent day for ARSB (4-61), the only Lion with more than 9 yards receiving 

what a crazy sentence that is eh 

always thought a prairie dog would be a great pet bc it would never not be funny when he popped his head up to look around

unfortunately he’s the placeholder through next season based on the cap hit alone

on the plus side that’s two years of high draft slots
If he continues to play as he has, Lions fans will unload on Goff at the Thanksgiving game and this will continue with each home game until one of the backup QBs gets a chance. 

Campbell getting a lot of love for calling those 2 timeouts late in OT when the Steelers had the ball with down and distance favoring the Steelers...basically saying he wanted to try to win by hopefully getting the ball back with time on the clock rather than trying to protect the tie. Good for him.  :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread