What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Free Agency Discussion (1 Viewer)

Irv Smith to the motherforking Chiefs!
Pfft

Think it was a one year deal? However, I am in a dynasty league that allows offseason pickups, so I just grabbed him.
Irv had a pretty bad ankle injury last year.

Dude is a skilled receiver. Chiefs do use their 2nd TE, and Kelce isn’t a young man.

There’s value there. Good pickup.

I have him in a TE-P league - best possible landing spot. Kelce goes down, Irv is a star.
I don't think Irv will be the #2TE. He's terrible and was a healthy scratch last year to end the season. Save yourself a roster spot.
I'd be willing to bet he's their TE2

He had a bad ankle injury last year & the Bengals were without Burrow. I'm pretty sure he was a healthy scratch to avoid paying incentives.

Dude is a talented receiver - they didn't sign him to block.
Chiefs started running a lot of 3 TE sets toward the back half of the year. So you will see a lot of Kelce, Smith, and Noah Gray on the field at the same time.

Pfft

Think it was a one year deal? However, I am in a dynasty league that allows offseason pickups, so I just grabbed him.
I so want to forget about Irv Smith but something always reels me back in.
I'll take "Notable Tight Ends That Have Had 10 Or Few Receiving Yards In Over A Third Of Their Games" for $800 please, Alex.
It only takes one breakout season on the Chiefs to change the entire narrative.

Pfft

I'll take "Notable Tight Ends That Have Had 10 Or Few Receiving Yards In Over A Third Of Their Games" for $800 please, Alex.
Pfft. What have the Chiefs ever done?

Pfft

Pfft. What have the Chiefs ever done?
Especially their TEs. Useless!

Jameis to the Browns to hold Watson's towel.
Flacco to the Broncos maybe? Or perhaps he just hangs it up for good.

I forgot about Flacco, last I heard is that New England was interested. No clue why Minnesota wouldn't want this guy dropping bombs to Justin Jefferson.

Kind of makes me think Minnesota is tanking? Not sure. Actually no, Flacco probably wants more money for leading Browns to the playoffs than teams are wanting to pay him. Makes sense now, sometimes you just have to think this **** through.

That's the funny part about how fickle the league is, had Joe Flacco beaten the Texans he'd be getting $20,000,000 a year, but since he got to the playoffs and lost teams are like:

"Our current guy could have lost that game for HALF the money." :lol:

Pfft

Dude is a skilled receiver. Chiefs do use their 2nd TE, and Kelce isn’t a young man.

I have him in a TE-P league - best possible landing spot. Kelce goes down, Irv is a star.
I don't think Irv will be the #2TE. He's terrible and was a healthy scratch last year to end the season. Save yourself a roster spot.

He had a bad ankle injury last year & the Bengals were without Burrow. I'm pretty sure he was a healthy scratch to avoid paying incentives.

Chiefs started running a lot of 3 TE sets toward the back half of the year. So you will see a lot of Kelce, Smith, and Noah Gray on the field at the same time.
Irv got league minimum type dough.

$1.125M salary, $384k guaranteed, will earn another $167.5k first game he's active for max earnings of $1.29m.

Pfft

$1.125M salary, $384k guaranteed, will earn another $167.5k first game he's active for max earnings of $1.29m.
All he needs is some opportunity.

Kelce goes down and 🚀

(And yes I’m being hyperbolic I know it’s a longshot don’t take me too seriously here)

Last edited:
Pfft

Kelce goes down and 🚀

(And yes I’m being hyperbolic I know it’s a longshot don’t take me too seriously here)
Noah Gray is still the TE to own if something happens to Kelce.

Pfft

Kelce goes down and 🚀

Didn’t they have another dude who’s coming back off of injury? My brain wants to say “Fortson”

ETA Jody Fortson. I was not in a fever dream.

Pfft

Kelce goes down and 🚀

Didn’t they have another dude who’s coming back off of injury? My brain wants to say “Fortson”

Regardless of anyone else they have, Gray would be the guy should Kelce go down.

Demeco Ryans is at his best with getting pressure from the normal pass rush. The only edge players with a better pass rush win rate than Will Anderson JR, were a couple of little known guys named Micah Parsons and Myles Garrett. With the upgrade from Greenard to Hunter, and the addition of Denico Autry? I like it. Autry may not get double digit sacks if he's playing mostly DT and not moving around as much as Tennessee did with him. But still, wow.

Demeco Ryans is at his best with getting pressure from the normal pass rush. The only edge players with a better pass rush win rate than Will Anderson JR, were a couple of little known guys named Micah Parsons and Myles Garrett. With the upgrade from Greenard to Hunter, and the addition of Denico Autry? I like it. Autry may not get double digit sacks if he's playing mostly DT and not moving around as much as Tennessee did with him. But still, wow.
HOU continues to impress with their moves.

Dionte Johnson to the Panthers. RIP his value.
Carolina is where WRs go to die these days. Was NE (might still be) or previously Chicago.
Ha, I'm not even kidding when I say this is where I hoped he would go.
If he’s hyper targeted he could be solid for FF even if CAR is still a dumpster fire.

I’m just hoping Chuba is the RB1 this year. So far with all this RB movement I’m thrilled to see none of them go to CAR.

If he’s hyper targeted he could be solid for FF even if CAR is still a dumpster fire.
That would be my expectation because the one thing he does very well by almost any metric or chart is get open. The one thing I keep hearing that Carolina needs is WR's to get open quickly to help out Bryce. It's an ideal match IMO.

Diontae's stock is up a good amount for me, for this upcoming season anyway. I did not at all like his skill set in an Arthur Smith offense and think he just went to one that is perfect. Jury is fairly still out on Bryce, but volume cures a lot of ills and I was already going to reference Thielen before you did, keeping in him in 2022 he graded out as one the least efficient WR's out of like 117 and he had renassiance in Carolina.

I still think Carolina is going to use one of those seconds on a WR. McConkey would take a little shine off, but not to worried about most of the other rookie WR's I think go in that range being to much of a target threat.

That would be my expectation because the one thing he does very well by almost any metric or chart is get open. The one thing I keep hearing that Carolina needs is WR's to get open quickly to help out Bryce. It's an ideal match IMO.

Diontae's stock is up a good amount for me, for this upcoming season anyway. I did not at all like his skill set in an Arthur Smith offense and think he just went to one that is perfect. Jury is fairly still out on Bryce, but volume cures a lot of ills and I was already going to reference Thielen before you did, keeping in him in 2022 he graded out as one the least efficient WR's out of like 117 and he had renassiance in Carolina.

I still think Carolina is going to use one of those seconds on a WR. McConkey would take a little shine off, but not to worried about most of the other rookie WR's I think go in that range being to much of a target threat.
Glass half full shows good character.

Asking the resident Steeler fan: does this mean the Steelers will spend a high pick on a slot receiver?

Asking the resident Steeler fan: does this mean the Steelers will spend a high pick on a slot receiver?
A WR but that's kind of an easy answer because Calvin Austin might be their current #2 so they got to sign and draft a few guys. If they sign a guy like Tyler Boyd in FA that might impact the slot need, no idea what direction they will go but Arthur seemed to really favor big physical WR's in Atlanta.

A WR but that's kind of an easy answer because Calvin Austin might be their current #2 so they got to sign and draft a few guys. If they sign a guy like Tyler Boyd in FA that might impact the slot need, no idea what direction they will go but Arthur seemed to really favor big physical WR's in Atlanta.
Makes sense. Russ seems to favor his slot guy. Wonder how that will mesh with Arthur Smith's system?

Pats sign Uche to a 1-year deal.
$3 mill.

Geez, I dunno about his health, but that seems like someone else should have taken a shot.

Josh Uche had several offers, including one worth $15 million over two years, with $11M fully guaranteed. But his heart was in New England, and he opted to return for less: A one-year, $3M deal with upside to $8M. A rare time a player makes the final call and doesn't chase the money.

Pfft

Kelce goes down and 🚀

Irv Smith is the new Fortson.

Pfft

Kelce goes down and 🚀

Irv Smith is the new Fortson.
But Fortson is the new Fortson. 🤔

This could get confusing.

Here in Detroit it seems taboo to badmouth Brad, but I am very underwhelmed so far. Fantastic drafter, jury is out on his free agenecy moves.
We are not building anymore. We are there. Time to make a big move or two. Would have loved Hunter opposite of Hutch.

Patrick Queen to the Steelers is kinda wild. 3/41 is a lot less than I was expecting, but more so just that those aren't really teams that sign the other's FAs.
Omar Khan is certainly taking a different approach that's for sure. It's the highest paid FA add in Steelers franchise history I believe. And I'm with you, it's a cheaper contract than I'd have thought, so just speaks to how uncharacteristic it is for them. Despite finding Wilson hard to root for as a person; I can't say I'm not excited for this year as a fan.

Users who are viewing this thread