What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Free Agency Discussion (3 Viewers)

Dionte Johnson to the Panthers. RIP his value.
Carolina is where WRs go to die these days. Was NE (might still be) or previously Chicago.
Just catching up on the Shark Pool FA thread - I don't think Diontae Johnson has any less value than the Pickett/Trubisky variety pack playing under center for the Steelers provided him. I'd rather have a 2nd year, highly touted Bryce Young than a washed Russ or Kenny Pickett throwing my guy the ball.

Carolina is where WRs go to die these days. Was NE (might still be) or previously Chicago.
Just catching up on the Shark Pool FA thread - I don't think Diontae Johnson has any less value than the Pickett/Trubisky variety pack playing under center for the Steelers provided him. I'd rather have a 2nd year, highly touted Bryce Young than a washed Russ or Kenny Pickett throwing my guy the ball.

It's an amazing situation for Diontae. The Panthers will win at most 5 games. So there will be plenty of passing and Diontae is the best skill player on that team, any OC worth his gibb will be peppering that guy the ball around 10 times a game.

Unless you want to hand the ball off to one of those mid RB or throw it to Adam Thielen.

Last edited:

It's an amazing situation for Diontae. The Panthers will win at most 5 games. So there will be plenty of passing and Diontae is the best skill player on that team, any OC worth his gibb will be peppering that got the ball around 10 times a game.

Unless you want to hand the ball off to one of those mid RB or throw it to Adam Thielen.
PPR guy lands on a team that is going to be playing from behind for most of their games? Sign me up. I don't think Diontae Johnson and his playstyle is QB dependent. Look at who his QB's have been (beyond his prime Ben Roethlisberger, Mason Rudolph, Kenny Pickett, Mitch Trubisky). He has been pretty productive and I believe Bryce Young to be an upgrade.

San Diego screwed up. He was a key piece in their trade bid for Justin Jefferson. Please keep up all the ridiculous trade offers coming.
They don't have the cap space to trade for JJ regardless.

Not accurate. Cutting or trading Mack and/or Bosa today would free up a combined $45 MM - and word is both are on the chopping/trade block. They are currently ~$7 MM over the cap.

San Diego screwed up. He was a key piece in their trade bid for Justin Jefferson. Please keep up all the ridiculous trade offers coming.

Not accurate. Cutting or trading Mack and/or Bosa today would free up a combined $45 MM - and word is both are on the chopping/trade block. They are currently ~$7 MM over the cap.
They just re-signed Mack.

They just re-signed Mack.

They restructured him to free up cap. They're now compliant for the start of the new league year, but we'll need to see how much he freed. Either way, they can still still punt Bosa in order to make room for JJ, or anyone else they deem worthy.

As Mahomes shareholder, my wish-list signings for KC would be Mike Williams & Hunter Renfrow. They both stay in the AFC West, and give PM reliable receivers to go with Rice. All 3 with different skill sets, would compliment each other well. That would be a scary good offense for a couple years, or until Williams gets hurt trying to make a routine catch. lol

Likely wouldn't break the bank on either, too.

As Mahomes shareholder, my wish-list signings for KC would be Mike Williams & Hunter Renfrow. They both stay in the AFC West, and give PM reliable receivers to go with Rice. All 3 with different skill sets, would compliment each other well. That would be a scary good offense for a couple years, or until Williams gets hurt trying to make a routine catch. lol

No way on Mike Williams. Cannot stay healthy. It would be pointless to bring him in there.

No way on Mike Williams. Cannot stay healthy. It would be pointless to bring him in there.
His healthy season was what, 1400 yards?

Solution: keep him in bubble wrap till playoff time.

Yeah, unfortunately Mike Williams seems destined to go to a poverty franchise like the Raiders, Bears, Jets, etc. Somebody who nobody else wants to play for, so they have to rehab their value. I'd be surprised if he got more than a 1-year deal. Show everyone you're still healthy and then re-enter Free Agency at age 30.

I am suddenly convincing myself he's going to end up in Kansas City now. Maybe you're onto something HSG, a 1-year deal like they did with Juju actually makes sense because there is precedent for it. You got a big ole brain up there don't you smart guy?

It’s a perfect time to trade him. Especially if it’s true he turned down $30M AAV? His value will never be higher, it’s an all time great WR class, and the Vikings are going nowhere fast.

Yeah, unfortunately Mike Williams seems destined to go to a poverty franchise like the Raiders, Bears, Jets, etc. Somebody who nobody else wants to play for, so they have to rehab their value. I'd be surprised if he got more than a 1-year deal. Show everyone you're still healthy and then re-enter Free Agency at age 30.

I am suddenly convincing myself he's going to end up in Kansas City now. Maybe you're onto something HSG, a 1-year deal like they did with Juju actually makes sense because there is precedent for it. You got a big ole brain up there don't you smart guy?
:lmao: username does not check out

Users who are viewing this thread