What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Summer of Soccer - Euro's, Copa America, Olympics, WCQing (7 Viewers)

This is really bad. If Switzerland wins this, we are likely looking at Italy vs Germany in Round 1 :(

Scotland is so devoid of any creativity.

They have the lowest xG at the Euro's.

There have been a total of two instances of teams failing to have a shot in the first half of all Euro games and they are both Scotland.

They are going to have to brute force three points here. They don't lack for graft at least. They are running their balls off.

This is really bad. If Switzerland wins this, we are likely looking at Italy vs Germany in Round 1 :(

Still probably better than Germany, Spain, Portugal and France all ending up on the same side....

And, a non-zero chance that Croatia beats Italy - and knocks them into a different bracket as the 3rd place team

Aw man no more 9 am games? You know they won’t have any in 2026 either, one of my favorite things to do is wake up with coffee and watch an intl game.

At least the double dose of Euro and Copa this summer is making up for a dreadful NBA Playoffs.
The euro certainly has but the Copa has been round 3 of the nba playoffs bad imo

Yeah, the opening round of the Copa is normally a tough watch since it's so top heavy. You have two world class teams, a few mid levels looking to make a run and a bunch of rubbish that would never qualify for the Euros in a million years.

The last time Bolivia won a competitive game away from home was 28 years ago.......which was against the US

:sadbanana: :sadbanana:

True story - one of those songs I always get the wrong lyrics to - Wonderful World - I always want to sing: 🎶 Don't know much about Bolivia..." in my mind.

I get it wrong so often, I just assume its correct at this point...

Still probably better than Germany, Spain, Portugal and France all ending up on the same side....

And, a non-zero chance that Croatia beats Italy - and knocks them into a different bracket as the 3rd place team
True, but I'm going to an Italian bar to watch the game tomorrow and I really don't want to be cheering for a draw or loss just to avoid Germany. But they're the LAST team I want to play in R1.

Steven Goff@SoccerInsider

USMNT lineup vs Bolivia
Turner; Scally, Richards, Ream, A Robinson; Adams, McKennie, Reyna; Weah, Balogun, Pulisic
Seems like the lineup almost everyone would prefer to see I think. Will be interested to see how the MRA midfield does on the defensive side of things and if Wes and Reyna can complement one another on the ball, but we should score goals.

Last edited:
Steven Goff@SoccerInsider

USMNT lineup vs Bolivia
Turner; Scally, Richards, Ream, A Robinson; Adams, McKennie, Reyna; Weah, Balogun, Pulisic
Seems like the lineup almost everyone would prefer to see I think. Will be interested to see how the MRA midfield does on the defensive side of things, but we should score goals.
Against, on paper, a weaker team, this is our best lineup (sans Dest of course).

Gio better show tonight

OH>>>> MY>>>>> GOD

Both those finishes were absolutely insane.

Has there ever been a game winner after the 100th minute before (not counting extra time of course)?!?! That seems so nearly impossible.

OH>>>> MY>>>>> GOD

Both those finishes were absolutely insane.

Has there ever been a game winner after the 100th minute before (not counting extra time of course)?!?! That seems so nearly impossible.

Has almost certainly happened in games where there's been a serious injury. We were ahead in the 98th minute earlier this season and still lost.

Also have to love people bleating that Scotland should have had a penalty, maybe if Armstrong wasn't doing a huge pull of the shirt for no reason whatsoever then you can look at it further

🚨🇭🇺 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 | Barnabas Varga is in stable condition and is currently conscious. He is in hospital, confirms
@BBCSport

Great to hear. I still don't know how he got injured in the first place
Saw a still shot - looked to be a glancing elbow to the head.

Yeah, I say that as the live shot looked like Gunn had cleaned someone out with his punch clear, but two players as well as the keeper were down. They showed one replay, I'm naturally watching Gunn, and I couldn't see he actually caught anyone, so I'm still clueless.

🚨🇭🇺 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 | Barnabas Varga is in stable condition and is currently conscious. He is in hospital, confirms
@BBCSport

Yeah, I say that as the live shot looked like Gunn had cleaned someone out with his punch clear, but two players as well as the keeper were down. They showed one replay, I'm naturally watching Gunn, and I couldn't see he actually caught anyone, so I'm still clueless.
I have seen speculation that he had a seizure and may not have been hit.

@BBCSport

See the post right above - looks like a glancing blow that caught him just right to knock him out.

@BBCSport

I have seen speculation that he had a seizure and may not have been hit.

I think that shot above shows pretty clearly that he was hit - he may also have had a seizure, but its more likely to have been triggered by the hit, than randomly occurring at the same time.

My wife has epilepsy, and when she has had seizures they have all come at a lull/rest - rather than in the middle of excesses/activity - almost as though the adrenaline keeps things going, and when you "calm" down, the seizure hits. Different seizures have different triggers - but I would be surprised if the seizure happened on its own (without a head trauma of some sort).

I do think its a little funny that the Fox crew keep mentioning the game getting started "early" - which as near as I could tell was actually on time at 6:00.

Users who are viewing this thread