What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone else hearing this (1 Viewer)

Hear-the-Footsteps

Footballguy
I have not heard this on any of the major sports networks/sites.

No one is "officially" reporting this.

Yet, according to some decent NYG internet blogs, it seems as though the Giants and Lavar Arrington have finally reached a deal - just pending league approval.

Anyone else hearing this? I know these Arrington to the Giants talks have been going on for several weeks now. But is anyone else hearing that they've finally come to an agreement?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard rumors, but nothing even remotly reliable, just internet chatter. If it at least was making the rounds on talk radio I'd give it some thought......

Just heard on ESPN radio, Lavar signed a 6 yr deal with the NYG......didn't hear how much though

This makes sense. Lavar really wants to play the Skins twice a year and make the regret dogging him like they did. I'm guessing he would take less money to stay in the NFC East....

This is from CNN's rumor section

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scor...rs.nfl/?cnn=yes

NFL: April 4, 2006

The Giants are still in the hunt for linebacker LaVar Arrington, a three-time Pro Bowler with the Redskins. An Internet report said Arrington and the Giants were close to on a six-year deal.

-- Hartford Courant
what did the article at the hartford courant say?
Nothing on their website.http://www.courant.com/sports/football/
I did find it but it is nothinghttp://www.courant.com/sports/football/hc-...dlines-football

—All is quiet on the LaVar Arrington front, as the Giants appear to have removed themselves from the bidding for the former Redskins linebacker. His financial demands were too high and already turned off Cincinnati, Cleveland and Miami. The Giants made an offer, which he refused and which they recently took off the table. Arrington was negotiating with Green Bay most recently, but the underlying suspicion is that he'll sign with the Giants when his demands and the Giants' offer get a lot closer.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/giants/home.htm

pasquarelli has reported JAX is thought to have offered the most guaranteed money ($11 mill), which is probably is as good as it is going to get for him (especially coming off a two year long lingering knee injury)...

so if he goes with most money, it could well be JAX... he may have preference for place like MIA (or NYG to play redskins twice a year) & is waiting to see if they close the contractual gap.

I've read that the Chargers were "monitoring" his availability. Lavar and Merriman are really tight, and the Bolts may be in the market for an ILB if they're able to move Donnie Edwards.

I'd put the chances on this happing at ~ 3%, but as a Charger fan I've got to believe that AJ Smith has to be exploring this line of thinking.

I've read that the Chargers were "monitoring" his availability. Lavar and Merriman are really tight, and the Bolts may be in the market for an ILB if they're able to move Donnie Edwards.

I'd put the chances on this happing at ~ 3%, but as a Charger fan I've got to believe that AJ Smith has to be exploring this line of thinking.
ILB?

pasquarelli has reported JAX is thought to have offered the most guaranteed money ($11 mill), which is probably is as good as it is going to get for him (especially coming off a two year long lingering knee injury)...

so if he goes with most money, it could well be JAX... he may have preference for place like MIA (or NYG to play redskins twice a year) & is waiting to see if they close the contractual gap.
I've read he said something like: he and Pierce are still very close and with Strahan and Osi he'd have alot of freedom blitzing. I saw a video interview(NFL.com? NFLNetwork?) where Strahan quipped that Pierce won't shut up about Lavar wanting the team to sign him so badlyAlso, BBWC quotes Clayton as saying the Fins offerred the most. I'd bet we can find one for each team offering the most....just pointing out the differring reports

FYI Chad Brown visitted the G-men and the visit went well but no contract was offerred. ummm one sec....:

LB Chad Brown Update: The New York Post is reporting that unrestricted free agent LB Chad Brown (Patriots), who the Giants met with last Friday, will be visiting a another team shortly according to his agent. The Post says the Giants view Brown as potential depth and that signing him would not affect their draft strategy. According to the paper, no substantive contract talks have taken place between the Giants and Brown's agent.

LB Chad Brown Update: 1050 ESPN reported yesterday that unrestricted free agent LB Chad Brown (Patriots) visited the Giants yesterday and left without a contract. According to the radio station, there remains mutual interest on both sides, although Brown has at least one more team to visit.

The New York Post is reporting that Brown's agent will meet with Giants' Assistant General Manager Kevin Abrams on Monday, and that's when financial terms will likely be discussed. "He had a great meeting with the Giants," said Brown's agent. "It was wonderful. All good."

Users who are viewing this thread