What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bought my wife a Peloton for her birthday (2 Viewers)

I heard that Rosie O'Donnell and Roseanne Barr weren't available so they settled on the 3rd choice.

does the bike run on 18 D batteries?  must it be stationed in the middle of the house with a view of the ocean?  do you have to put on makeup and yoga pants to ride?  

Have we ever considered that maybe she's perfectly comfortable with the Peloton and riding/exercise, but instead is camera-shy?

Something horrible happened to her on a bike, so that’s why she’s terrified to ride the thing. She didn’t want to hurt her husband’s feelings so she just sucked it up. Soon she became addicted to that adrenaline rush of facing her fears, and other high-risk activities followed. The pills, the random hookups with strangers...but always, the Peloton was there waiting for her afterward. 

Second act is a bit fuzzy but I’m thinking she definitely ends up shooting the husband. Maybe the daughter grows up to be a Peloton instructor.

Something horrible happened to her on a bike, so that’s why she’s terrified to ride the thing. She didn’t want to hurt her husband’s feelings so she just sucked it up. Soon she became addicted to that adrenaline rush of facing her fears, and other high-risk activities followed. The pills, the random hookups with strangers...but always, the Peloton was there waiting for her afterward. 

Second act is a bit fuzzy but I’m thinking she definitely ends up shooting the husband. Maybe the daughter grows up to be a Peloton instructor.
Pretty sure she caught gonorrhea from the bike seat

Who is to say that's even her daughter?  She could be his hot secretary that he left his wife for a couple years back.  He saw she put on 1.75 lbs and decided he needed to act....fast.

i’m thinking that she came down the stairs expecting his and hers red bowed mercedes’ and instead got this non bowed peloton that apparently runs on tears and fear.  she then decided to passively aggressively torture the husband who noticed she might not be a size zero anymore.  making him sit and watch on the big screen her ride the bike maybe is the biggest FU around, especially since she is stuck having to raise this guy’s daughter from his first non peloton marriage.

When the hell did you come back?

Yeah but the drop happened when folks saw that a whole year later, this gal went from slim and trim to, uh, slim and trim. That's where the uproar and anger in this ad lies. It just took this long for people to catch it.
Maybe she was at a healthy weight to start, ate a healthy diet while working out where calories in equaled calories out, maintained a healthy weight while becoming stronger muscularly, improved her cardiovascular health, and is a happier person in general because exercise improves mental health as well? That pretty much sums up my 3 yrs of riding my Peloton - not that far-fetched.

It’s a stupid ad, though trumped by the stupidity of the outrage over it.

Yeah but the drop happened when folks saw that a whole year later, this gal went from slim and trim to, uh, slim and trim. That's where the uproar and anger in this ad lies. It just took this long for people to catch it.
Duplicate post

Last edited by a moderator:
Well on normal commercials they usually release this information.  This is how we know how to e-stalk the GMC truck girl, for example.
I used to just know because of the “I need some answers here...” thread, but I’m assuming that got purged because we can no longer ask about the names of attractive actresses here.

I used to just know because of the “I need some answers here...” thread, but I’m assuming that got purged because we can no longer ask about the names of attractive actresses here.
if this woman is terrified of riding a 5k bike in her 10mm home, imagine her fear when she realizes non peloton owning FBGs are trying to estalk her....

I can appreciate this guy's proactive approach to making sure his pretty wife doesn't turn into a fat slob.  It's better than waiting until later and telling her she needs to get her big butt in the gym and drop 40.

eoMMan said:
Who is to say that's even her daughter?  She could be his hot secretary that he left his wife for a couple years back.  He saw she put on 1.75 lbs and decided he needed to act....fast.
I actually saw a tweet that said something to the effect of "The wife gets a GD exercise bike while I'm sure that POS bought his whore mistress a Mercedes."  :wall:

McGarnicle said:

It always ends with raw dogging a juggalo in a porta-potty at an Insane Clown Posse concert

Headline for article in my news feed....

"People are accusing Peloton of peddling negative body image, unchecked privilege, and gross marital dynamics"

In the words of Dave Chappelle, "Word?  I did that?"

I said to my wife a couple of years ago.  Do you have to have a special glassed in room in your million dollar home that overlooks a mountain or vineyard to own a Peloton??

I bought my thin wife a Peloton for Christmas, but only because she specifically asked for it.  I would never volunteer such a thing.

We sold it within a month.  I wonder what clothes are hanging on it in the new house right now.

But had they cast a bigger girl, they would be getting backlash for the company fat-shaming her or in the alternative, the husband not accepting her for who she is. I hate people---I really do. 

My wife had not heard about the outrage over this commercial... I showed her the commercial on Youtube without telling her anything about what was going on and said after the ad was over... "What did you think of that commercial?".  She said "I want one of those!" :backfire: 🤦‍♂️

When I saw that people were upset over this commercial all I could think was "Have we seriously ran out of things to be outraged about?"  

I bought my thin wife a Peloton for Christmas, but only because she specifically asked for it.  I would never volunteer such a thing.

We sold it within a month.  I wonder what clothes are hanging on it in the new house right now.
You missed the boat buddy, you really did, I hope it found a better home.

The more I see this commercial, the angrier I get.  This company should be boycotted and the CEO should step down. 

Completely unacceptable.
And now I cant give the sweet "Smart Scale" I got because of stupid takes like this

Last edited by a moderator:
Actor is so worried about it hurting his career to be associated with it, but using PelotonHusband as his Instagram name.
And, I also agree that it seems like the majority of the kerfuffle is mocking vs taking offens.

Having just bought an exercise bike, comments like these make me nervous. 

Users who are viewing this thread