What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can I punch Nazis? (spoiler alert: yes) (1 Viewer)

Is it cool to punch a Neo-Nazi in the face?

• Yes

Votes: 101 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 39.5%

• Total voters
Good Posting Judge said:
Big fan of twitter.com/yesyoureracist, can't wait for one of you halfwits to tell me it's not cool to fire a Nazi.
I'll be your huckleberry.

Why don't we have laws against being a Nazi? If it's socially ok to punch a Nazi, or crowd source the person to have them fired, why not have laws on the books? A half a dozen other countries have laws to address the Nazi salute or wearing of Nazi insignia.

As a bonus question, can I punch someone that steps on or burns an American flag?

Good Posting Judge said:
Big fan of twitter.com/yesyoureracist, can't wait for one of you halfwits to tell me it's not cool to fire a Nazi.
Not to totally hijack but something similar happened near me this weekend...

Gary Owen is a stand-up comedian who is very popular with the black community and has done numerous shows/specials on BET.  He is white. Also, he has been married to a black woman for awhile and they have a couple kids together. Anyway, at his stand-up comedy show Saturday night, a white guy in the audience was yelling out different stuff and eventually called Owen an "N" lover. The guy was immediately thrown out. Later on that night, the dummy sends Owen a message on FB saying all types of racist stuff. Owen proceeds to show the message via his FB in a video (screenshot). Everyone then sees who this racist guy is and immediately finds out who his is, who he works for, etc etc.

Long story short...the guy is now fired and Owen donated his ticket cost to the NAACP.   :lmao:

Thought about this over the last day... I mean, I voted yes a while ago, but there are repercussions to this thinking... As a reformed Jew, I feel I have a little more rope on this than others might. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy3Y4fx84z0

So this guy was attacked while giving a speech yesterday - my take:

I think it is better to chant and drown them out than to resort to violence. Violence is a perpetual cycle, and someone needs to break it. By acting with violence towards this idiot, other idiots on his side of the aisle then assume responding with violence is just as acceptable. 

The best response when a moron like this is delivering a speech is to drown him out with chants & noise. Honestly, how mad would he be if they were singing "Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel, I made it out of clay & when it's dry & ready, oh Dreidel I shall play!"

Now, a response like that does a few things; avoids violence, pisses the other side off (possibly even more), and takes the high ground. If they then respond with violence, they show that they're the lunatics.

Thought about this over the last day... I mean, I voted yes a while ago, but there are repercussions to this thinking... As a reformed Jew, I feel I have a little more rope on this than others might. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy3Y4fx84z0

So this guy was attacked while giving a speech yesterday - my take:

I think it is better to chant and drown them out than to resort to violence. Violence is a perpetual cycle, and someone needs to break it. By acting with violence towards this idiot, other idiots on his side of the aisle then assume responding with violence is just as acceptable. 

The best response when a moron like this is delivering a speech is to drown him out with chants & noise. Honestly, how mad would he be if they were singing "Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel, I made it out of clay & when it's dry & ready, oh Dreidel I shall play!"

Now, a response like that does a few things; avoids violence, pisses the other side off (possibly even more), and takes the high ground. If they then respond with violence, they show that they're the lunatics.
one of my favorite videos of all time....

i like the one where the tuba guy is following around the white supremacists playing the song stewie plays when he is following around fat people it just rules i hope somone who gets the interenet stuff can post it thanks in advance bromigos take that to the bank 

I'll be your huckleberry.

Why don't we have laws against being a Nazi? If it's socially ok to punch a Nazi, or crowd source the person to have them fired, why not have laws on the books? A half a dozen other countries have laws to address the Nazi salute or wearing of Nazi insignia.

As a bonus question, can I punch someone that steps on or burns an American flag?
You can't "crowd source the person to have them fired." That doesn't make sense. You can notify an employer/school that one of their students/employees is a party to a virulent and racist march, it's up to the school/employer as to what they do from there. If I ran a business, I would want someone to tell me if one of my employees was a Nazi. Because I'd fire them, ideally in the most humiliating fashion possible.

As for the rest of your slippery slope arguments, I have previously said in this thread that punching people is almost always counter-productive and bad. Nazis are an exception to the rule.If you want to try and equivocate "Americans" with "Nazis", well...

i like the one where the tuba guy is following around the white supremacists playing the song stewie plays when he is following around fat people it just rules i hope somone who gets the interenet stuff can post it thanks in advance bromigos take that to the bank 
This does seem like the most optimal way of dealing with these clowns tbh.

thanks brohan much appreciated on that one also there is a video out there where a tuba guys does that to neonazi white supremacists at a rally it is pretty fn awesome and the commentary from whoever is filming it is saying things about the nazis like this is what it looks like when your family tree is a straight line and stuff like that it is pretty awesome take that to the bank 

You can't "crowd source the person to have them fired." That doesn't make sense. You can notify an employer/school that one of their students/employees is a party to a virulent and racist march, it's up to the school/employer as to what they do from there. If I ran a business, I would want someone to tell me if one of my employees was a Nazi. Because I'd fire them, ideally in the most humiliating fashion possible.

As for the rest of your slippery slope arguments, I have previously said in this thread that punching people is almost always counter-productive and bad. Nazis are an exception to the rule.If you want to try and equivocate "Americans" with "Nazis", well...
How are these people being identified? Without crowd sourcing they wouldn't be getting fired. 

Again, I think 99.9% of the country agrees that these people should be punished (Riversco is the .01%). Seems like it would be pretty easy to pass laws to ban this type of behavior. Raise your hand and say heil Hitler = $10k fine and 30 days in jail. Distribute Nazi propaganda = $20k fine and 6 months in jail. Gather in a group of 3 or more and march with torches = target practice for the National Guard. 

Lynching people for their beliefs (no matter how wrong those beliefs are) seems hypocritical. Everyone is allowed due process. The problem is we haven't established those processes. 

How are these people being identified? Without crowd sourcing they wouldn't be getting fired. 

Again, I think 99.9% of the country agrees that these people should be punished (Riversco is the .01%). Seems like it would be pretty easy to pass laws to ban this type of behavior. Raise your hand and say heil Hitler = $10k fine and 30 days in jail. Distribute Nazi propaganda = $20k fine and 6 months in jail. Gather in a group of 3 or more and march with torches = target practice for the National Guard. 

Lynching people for their beliefs (no matter how wrong those beliefs are) seems hypocritical. Everyone is allowed due process. The problem is we haven't established those processes. 
A given company/school ultimately makes the call. Accounts like @yesyoureracist merely provide information. 

Here's the due process: wear a swastika, throw the heil salute, yell something racist or anti-semitic = punch. These guys are kind of sneaky, but it's not advanced calculus.

What? You don't think any business owners or managers would ever turn on the TV news and see their employee at a Nazi rally?

thanks brohan much appreciated on that one also there is a video out there where a tuba guys does that to neonazi white supremacists at a rally it is pretty fn awesome and the commentary from whoever is filming it is saying things about the nazis like this is what it looks like when your family tree is a straight line and stuff like that it is pretty awesome take that to the bank 
Here you go, brochief

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs4P1kKK-5k

A given company/school ultimately makes the call. Accounts like @yesyoureracist merely provide information. 

Here's the due process: wear a swastika, throw the heil salute, yell something racist or anti-semitic = punch. These guys are kind of sneaky, but it's not advanced calculus.
Fair enough. Punch = criminal charges. 

As long as everyone knows there are consequences to their actions. 

like brotis said in the other thread these guys are mostly pimply faced fatty losers it is just great to see them in there baggy butt button just holdin on for dear life muffin top beer belly outfits waddeling down the street in a greasy stream of inbred loser filth and then to hear the tuba fat guy march following them around cripes even if they came after the tuba guy all he would have to do is run three or four yards and the nazis would all collapse from exhaustion its just great take that to the bank bromigos 

The tuba approach should really be emphasized. Dozens of 'em at every white supremacy rally. We need to put together a suggested song list.

like brotis said in the other thread these guys are mostly pimply faced fatty losers it is just great to see them in there baggy butt button just holdin on for dear life muffin top beer belly outfits waddeling down the street in a greasy stream of inbred loser filth and then to hear the tuba fat guy march following them around cripes even if they came after the tuba guy all he would have to do is run three or four yards and the nazis would all collapse from exhaustion its just great take that to the bank bromigos 
I didn't fully appreciate the brilliance of SWC's plan... but yeah- a whole outfit of tuba players (sousaphone, ya nerds) is the perfect antidote to pretty much every hate-filled march. 

who is protesting the removal of Confederate statues? 

guess since i don't live in the south i'm not sure what the argument for keeping them could possibly be.

how many other countries erect statues/monuments to traitors, name city streets, federal institutions, etc. after insurrectionists? that has to be pretty rare, no?

i think the tuba thing the mariachi thing they are all good because these losers are a total joke so when they march around people should be laughing at them they should be the butt of every joke they should be nothing but laughed at because the fact is the values that they support are beneath contempt and worthy of only repudiation and scorn you make them a joke because they are so that every other reasonable human who looks at them sees them for exactly wtf they are with is total scum take that to the bank brohans 

who is protesting the removal of Confederate statues? 

guess since i don't live in the south i'm not sure what the argument for keeping them could possibly be.

how many other countries erect statues/monuments to traitors, name city streets, federal institutions, etc. after insurrectionists? that has to be pretty rare, no?
Surprisngly, no.  I did a quick search for "monuments to the French Revolution" in France and their are a ton of them.  Even though it ended so badly that they brought back their monarchy. 

The British have plenty of stuff named after Cromwell too, and his revolution was as disasterous and not much longer than Lee and Davis'. 

Maybe these aren't fair examples though...I mean, those crazy Brits have a national holiday named after a failed insurrectionist, and the French still celebrate the start of their uprising annually.

This is a really interesting profile of Richard Spencer, written by a guy he went to school with. The author talks to him after he got clocked on Election Day:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/06/his-kampf/524505/
Great line here:

When I graduated, in 1997, having won admission to the Ivy League and achieved escape velocity from the Dallas suburbs, it was the mediocrity of Richard Spencer that I was insufferably proud to have left behind.
My dad went to St. Marks.  Not surprising this is the school that gave us Richard Spencer.  

Users who are viewing this thread