What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (3 Viewers)

Why do all the streaming services behave so differently? All the functions should work the same way. It's damn annoying.
Could we at least get volume standardized??? I mean how can one service need to be at 42 and one at 19 for normal listening volume on my tv.

And they all seem to crank up the volume for the commercials. The commercials should stay at the same volume.

In honor of GM, I mowed my lawn at 11:30 today, i then used my fancy gas powered 4 wheel edger, followed up with my string trimmer, then capped it off with my blower.

I then stood outside my neighbors window cranking up the blower..... no one was home but it's the thought that counts.

Last edited:
In honor of GM, I mowed my lawn at 11:30 today, i then used my fancy gas powered 4 wheel edger, followed up with my string trimmer, then capped it off with my blower.

I then stood outside my neighbors window cranking up the blower..... no one was home but it's the thought that counts.

pics or it didn't happen.

I mentioned in another thread how people drive like idiots in Oregon. Here's the most aggravating example from the past two years, and it happens consistently every day by at least 90 percent of the drivers (my scientific studies bear that out):

I'm in somewhat of a smaller town surrounded by a bunch of country roads to other even smaller towns, but there's a lot of traffic.

I travel around a lot officiating high school sports. So I've gone in every direction on all the various two-lane country roads through mostly farmland. On all of the major two-lane roads, there will be a 55 mph speed limit. The roads are all busy enough that it's very rare that you would ever have an opportunity to pass someone.

But there will then usually be very sporadic passing lanes (maybe one on my entire 30-mile trip on a given day). There will be signs alerting you to the fact that it's coming up. But they're all pretty short. So you do have to be ready to speed around the morons that you've just tailgated at 48 mph for the last 10 miles before the passing lane runs out.

Now, you might be thinking, oh, I bet they don't move out of the way or something. In other words, they'll stay in the new left lane. I only wish that was the problem. If it was, I'd just pass them on the right. But, no, that's not it.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE @)(*%)(*@)(&@$)(@&) who just spent the last 10 miles going 48 in a 55, will absolutely floor it as soon as they get to the passing lanes. Like, I know it's coming, and I'll put the hammer down and speed immediately up to like 80 and a lot of times I can't pass them before the passing lane runs out.

And, you guessed it, as soon as it goes back down to one lane, they go back down to 48.

I swear on your mother's life.
I had the rarer "opposite guy" interaction yesterday. Similar-sounding country road, but with more regular passing zones. I was staying pretty consistently at 64 in the 55 and guy behind me was travelling a little too closely for my comfort. Seemed like he was itching to pass, so I was actually looking forward to the next passing zone. It came and he drifted back a bit. It ended and he sped up right back behind me again. Wth. So when the next one came, I slowed down under the limit to make it easier for him to pass. No deal - he just drifted further back during that time before riding back up again.

I thought about pulling over to force him to pass, but figured he'd probably then drive 45 the rest of the way with me stuck behind him or something. Fortunately by that point I had only about 10 miles left on that road, so just ignored him.

I checked the last several pages and don't see this one:

The use of "fire" to mean "good", "awesome", "cool". Knock it off, twenty-somethings! Yep, officially in Grumpy Old Man territory now.

I mentioned in another thread how people drive like idiots in Oregon. Here's the most aggravating example from the past two years, and it happens consistently every day by at least 90 percent of the drivers (my scientific studies bear that out):

I'm in somewhat of a smaller town surrounded by a bunch of country roads to other even smaller towns, but there's a lot of traffic.

I travel around a lot officiating high school sports. So I've gone in every direction on all the various two-lane country roads through mostly farmland. On all of the major two-lane roads, there will be a 55 mph speed limit. The roads are all busy enough that it's very rare that you would ever have an opportunity to pass someone.

But there will then usually be very sporadic passing lanes (maybe one on my entire 30-mile trip on a given day). There will be signs alerting you to the fact that it's coming up. But they're all pretty short. So you do have to be ready to speed around the morons that you've just tailgated at 48 mph for the last 10 miles before the passing lane runs out.

Now, you might be thinking, oh, I bet they don't move out of the way or something. In other words, they'll stay in the new left lane. I only wish that was the problem. If it was, I'd just pass them on the right. But, no, that's not it.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE @)(*%)(*@)(&@$)(@&) who just spent the last 10 miles going 48 in a 55, will absolutely floor it as soon as they get to the passing lanes. Like, I know it's coming, and I'll put the hammer down and speed immediately up to like 80 and a lot of times I can't pass them before the passing lane runs out.

And, you guessed it, as soon as it goes back down to one lane, they go back down to 48.

I had the rarer "opposite guy" interaction yesterday. Similar-sounding country road, but with more regular passing zones. I was staying pretty consistently at 64 in the 55 and guy behind me was travelling a little too closely for my comfort. Seemed like he was itching to pass, so I was actually looking forward to the next passing zone. It came and he drifted back a bit. It ended and he sped up right back behind me again. Wth. So when the next one came, I slowed down under the limit to make it easier for him to pass. No deal - he just drifted further back during that time before riding back up again.

I thought about pulling over to force him to pass, but figured he'd probably then drive 45 the rest of the way with me stuck behind him or something. Fortunately by that point I had only about 10 miles left on that road, so just ignored him.
When someone tails me, I simply start slowing down. Yea, maybe a #### move, but one #### turn deserves another.

“I was speaking with the concierge…”

Not everyone who works in a hotel is a concierge, and saying concierge doesn’t make you sound smart or worldly.

I’m a bellman. We got a package delivery. There’s a note on the package to leave it at the concierge’s desk. I tell the guy where it is, then to bring it right back because the concierge will have no clue. He came back 20 seconds later. No idea why they thought the concierge would want it.

The concierge will make reservations at a restaurant or book you a tour. They didn’t tell you that you can park for free or check out late. There is also no reason to leave anything at their desk. I used to think it was funny. Now it’s getting annoying.

Rant over. Tip your concierge.

Self service/self checkouts asking for tips.
I was at the mall today and my wife and I stopped at a kiosk selling cookies. The server put two pre-made cookies in a bag and handed them to us. I paid via the little credit card machine. It actually asked me to tip. For putting two cookies in a bag. Probably a total effort of about 8 seconds. I declined.

Golf courses with leagues..that don't have a beer cart. Beyond how it sucks cause I can't get a beer..They HAVE to be leaving money on the table right? I don't get it.
Can't buy in the clubhouse with a bag of ice?
Nope. And not the point
Totally get that it's not the point, and ridiculous. But what the hell is up with a course not allowing you to buy in the clubhouse? I hope you at least stash a six pack in a small cooler or something

Almost lost is yesterday while driving. Colleague's car wouldn't start, so I had to run him over to his house in rush hour traffic, which delayed me in getting home. And I would have been home sooner if not for an idiot who was turning left refused to pull forward into intersection when light turned green. They just ****ing sat there, as other idiots coming in the other direction pulled into and got stuck in the middle of the intersection because of traffic. After the third light change, I swerved around, yelled internally as loud as possible, and made the left hand turn right in front of that car. I wonder if they are still sitting at that light waiting for the 1/2 mile of clear traffic that they apparently need

Golf courses with leagues..that don't have a beer cart. Beyond how it sucks cause I can't get a beer..They HAVE to be leaving money on the table right? I don't get it.
Can't buy in the clubhouse with a bag of ice?
Nope. And not the point
Totally get that it's not the point, and ridiculous. But what the hell is up with a course not allowing you to buy in the clubhouse? I hope you at least stash a six pack in a small cooler or something
Stashing is all you can do. Which is totally and completely illegal in michigan.

When someone tails me, I simply start slowing down. Yea, maybe a #### move, but one #### turn deserves another.
But I didn't want to slow down. And it didn't work anyway (or only very temporarily).
In the end, I just figured if he wasn't going to pass me when I gave him the opportunity, then I wasn't worried about him anymore. And I'd rather have an inconsistent/irrational driver behind me than in front of me.

People who drift into the left lane while making a right turn. You’re driving a Civic, not a tractor trailer. Nearly had to swerve into oncoming traffic this morning because of one of these dopes.
Or drift into the lane to their right when making a left from a turn lane. I've had to swerve out of the way on numerous occasions.

Users who are viewing this thread