What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (14 Viewers)

So in the Landry deal I wonder if we gave up the first pick in the 4th, or the 23rd pick in the 4th

Last edited by a moderator:
SO can anyone throw out what picks we have this year now?  We are out a 3rd and 4th, but had two 4ths right?  So we didnt give much it seems

pick 65 for Taylor

pick 4.23 and future 7th for Landry???

Kizer,  4.01, 5.01 for Randal and GBs later 4th and 5th?

I am fine with the Taylor move.  We didnt have a real QB on the roster.

I like the Landry move even though it's technically an overpay with picks plus a lot of cap

I very much like the Randall deal cause Kizer was never gonna do anything here.  Probably also a decent move for GB who can sit him a while and will be a competent backup. Moving down in the 4th and 5th is worth it.  Kizer just wasnt a dorsey guy anyway

pick 65 for Taylor

pick 4.23 and future 7th for Landry???

Kizer,  4.01, 5.01 for Randal and GBs later 4th and 5th?

I am fine with the Taylor move.  We didnt have a real QB on the roster.

I like the Landry move even though it's technically an overpay with picks plus a lot of cap

I very much like the Randall deal cause Kizer was never gonna do anything here.  Probably also a decent move for GB who can sit him a while and will be a competent backup. Moving down in the 4th and 5th is worth it.  Kizer just wasnt a dorsey guy anyway
3 great moves in my opinion.

Landry is a perfect match with Gordon, and Taylor is the most underrated QB in the NFL. He's been good to very good for 3 years. That's a hell of a lot better than McCarron would have been.

TT a fine QB?  Sweet Christ what games are you watching and for a 3rd

Landry a stud?  My God man
The price being paid is a win for the Browns.  Taylor isn't a bad QB.  They're for sure drafting a QB for the future.  If they take Barkley at #1, this team is looking very much improved at the moment.

If I remember correctly Hue likes to run the ball and take shots downfield. Tyrod has a nice deep ball and as a bonus has good mobility. With a decent run game and a simplified offense I can see Taylor doing an adequate job in this situation.

Hoping we get another vet QB.
If they do, i think they probably don't take a QB in round 1, hell they might not anyway.If they just wanted a bridge QB, they'd have aimed lower than Taylor. Decent chance Taylor is their guy going forward. 

Quinton Nelson looks very interesting at #4 as a RT.

you give up a 3rd round pick for a qb that will only start 1 year?  Gotalmighty you guys deserve what you get.  Any scrub qb can "bridge" the gap if thats truly your plan.  I think its a free for all with franchises getting in line to take advantage of the browns

Even if Landry doesnt sign long term, I like the trade to get him.  a mid-late 4th for a good WR who can help us try and become somewhat relevant again.  

This team is not able to go about things like other teams and be succesful............not yet anyway

you give up a 3rd round pick for a qb that will only start 1 year?  Gotalmighty you guys deserve what you get.  Any scrub qb can "bridge" the gap if thats truly your plan.  I think its a free for all with franchises getting in line to take advantage of the browns
There's a saying about opinions.

Our WRs are improved, and now we have an actual NFL QB on the roster.  CB was upgraded and is on a cheap deal.  

We gave up something like 3rd, 4th, and 5th, plus a bit of an overpayment with cap to do it.  

I say it was a good day.  

Lot of bully Browns haters ragging on the deals, but these are all very minor deals based on what we gave, yet they vastly improve our team.  

Couldn't be happy garbaging up the Landry thread, had to come here to huh? Work on your trolling techniques. You honestly suck at it.

Our WRs are improved, and now we have an actual NFL QB on the roster.  CB was upgraded and is on a cheap deal.  

We gave up something like 3rd, 4th, and 5th, plus a bit of an overpayment with cap to do it.  

I say it was a good day.  

Lot of bully Browns haters ragging on the deals, but these are all very minor deals based on what we gave, yet they vastly improve our team.  
I'm fine with all the deals the Browns made, now if they can just fire the useless coach they have they'll be set.  

The deal with the Bills makes me wonder if something larger is in the works. I believe Buffalo now has 2 1st's, 2 2nd's and 2 3rd round picks and is rumored to be interested in moving up for one of the young QB's in the draft. Just a thought but maybe this is a precursor to a trade on draft day for say the 4th overall pick? 

The deal with the Bills makes me wonder if something larger is in the works. I believe Buffalo now has 2 1st's, 2 2nd's and 2 3rd round picks and is rumored to be interested in moving up for one of the young QB's in the draft. Just a thought but maybe this is a precursor to a trade on draft day for say the 4th overall pick? 
Possibly, but the bills could go to 2 or 3 too.

We were never making/keeping 12 2018 draft picks with how the roster sat yesterday and with Dorsey’s approach. 

We were either going to trade some for future draft capital (or to move up this year) or trade them for players. 

The more I think about it I’m fine with the moves. Trading lotto picks, although I will miss not having 3.01, for established and legit NFL players is a good thing. Nobody is mistaking Landry for Julio Jones. Nobody is mistaking Taylor for Tom Brady. But they aren’t a guy named Hollywood and a QB that needs a lot of work in Kizer. The people wanting FAs to come here should be ecstatic right now. To be respected you have to become respectable. We took steps forward today. 

And we still have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds with 4 of them being top 35! 

For a contending team that has super-limited cap space, paying Landry a ton of money might not be a great idea. He's not a game-breaking talent. The Browns on the other hand have had an enormous talent deficit on offense for years and are just working to hit the cap floor. A 4th and a 7th isn't bad at all for a good, proven young WR.

We all kinda know what Taylor is, and it's not great, but it's still quite an improvement over past Browns QBs. He won't lose you many games with dumb mistakes - Dorsey's new Alex Smith. Pick 65 may be a little bit high, but it's not like Cleveland is starved for draft picks.

Kizer had no future on the team so flipping him for a young CB is a fine deal. Overall some solid moves by Dorsey IMO.

21, 22, and 2019 1st and they can have pick 4.  

Cant imagine they would give more.  I cant even really see then give just that.

Browns just did a lot to boost the offense.  But the defense needs help too.  I think they are tipping their hand that they will go QB at #1 and defense at #4.  Most likely Darnold and then Fitzpatrick.  

Also have to say the Landry deal makes me feel a bit vindicated. Prior to the 2014 draft I was pimping Landry as a chain mover and a perfect fit for the Browns. Unlike a certain someone who was pounding the table for Sammy Watkins because of the aerial circus he would create being paired with Josh Gordon. Sorry couldn't help myself. 

Browns just did a lot to boost the offense.  But the defense needs help too.  I think they are tipping their hand that they will go QB at #1 and defense at #4.  Most likely Darnold and then Fitzpatrick.  
I have  no idea why you think the moves they made are "tipping their hand".  If we didn't get any vet QBs we wouldnt have drafted a QB at 1??  But now that we have a vet QB we will?

As for pick 4, no idea why anything they did today would have anything to do with that pick.  

Not a bad idea for the browns to add talent thru trades, it’s hard to lure fa to Cleveland, especially coming off 0-16. 

Who knows? That I can't answer. Just looking at possible scenario's that could be part of a larger picture.
It's possible.  At least we know they were talking, and we know Buffalo needs a QB now.  I imagine they talked about a "just in case" scenario where Buffalo isn't able to sign a decent Vet QB.  

Interesting that the 4th rd. pick for Landry is being reported to be the pick the browns got for punter Andy Lee.

Which would make it Andy Lee and a 7th rd. pick for Landry.

I have  no idea why you think the moves they made are "tipping their hand".  If we didn't get any vet QBs we wouldnt have drafted a QB at 1??  But now that we have a vet QB we will?

As for pick 4, no idea why anything they did today would have anything to do with that pick.  
They Browns gave up 400 points last year and the could not stop the pass at all.  They made several trades today but I don't think these moves help the defense much.  The CB they got from the packers really was awful a lot of the time last year.  I don't think they are going to use both #1s on offense and make these trades for offense and mostly skip the defense.  It could be CB Ward from the Buckeyes instead but I think the favorite is defense at #4 now.

Who knows? That I can't answer. Just looking at possible scenario's that could be part of a larger picture.
The larger picture, IMO, is Dorsey wants to win now and generate some excitement.

Maybe they have their eyes on a QB they like long term but don't think he's ready to start yet, or maybe they want Taylor to start as they draft Barkley and either Chubb or Fitz. Although that would have seemed more likely had they kept Kizer. 

They Browns gave up 400 points last year and the could not stop the pass at all.  They made several trades today but I don't think these moves help the defense much.  The CB they got from the packers really was awful a lot of the time last year.  I don't think they are going to use both #1s on offense and make these trades for offense and mostly skip the defense.  It could be CB Ward from the Buckeyes instead but I think the favorite is defense at #4 now.
I think pick 4 was always more likely to be a defensive player, especially if we draft a QB at 1.  It never made sense for pick 4 to be a QB for us, at all.  If we are going QB, it is at 1.  

But we still have three 2nds and 90 million in cap to help the D.  I imagine we will use those picks/cap for D.  Just a hunch.

Users who are viewing this thread