What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (8 Viewers)

Hoffman is panther, panther is hoffman, finkle is einhorn

I like our moves.  We didnt pay much and improved a lot.
ya but who is the owner, and landry is not a good wr, he kinda stinks, dont look at the stats dummy, they lie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Kizer pick made sense. If he'd been an instant success, they have 2 top picks, and a 22 year old promising starter, and avoid QB completely. It didn't pan out, but the logic of having a potential long term starter for a 2nd round rookie deal was a chance worth taking.
I agree...I never liked Kizer but fully understood that pick...if they hit on it their rebuilding would be a million times easier...in their situation it was worth the risk...I do like how they are cutting ties ASAP...if they you don’t see anything too special in him you move on...

Lots of people hating on Landry?  :confused:  

He’s one of my favorite players in the league.  You won’t find a guy that plays harder on every snap until the whistle, plowing DBs into the sidelines is a regular thing for him.  :boxing:  Anyone that watches the Dolphins sees how hard he plays, whether it’s a running play on the opposite side of the field or a pass, the guy is always giving it his all.  And he’s put up good numbers on a bad offense.     :football:

Lots of people hating on Landry?  :confused:  

He’s one of my favorite players in the league.  You won’t find a guy that plays harder on every snap until the whistle, plowing DBs into the sidelines is a regular thing for him.  :boxing:  Anyone that watches the Dolphins sees how hard he plays, whether it’s a running play on the opposite side of the field or a pass, the guy is always giving it his all.  And he’s put up good numbers on a bad offense.     :football:
He's basically Hines Ward 2.0.

I doubt they are done at QB in FA. Grab Tyrod now just in case they strike out with everyone else. This team is desperate to win. If Keenum or Bridgewater are not scooped up immediately they have the resources to bring in one of those guys and draft a QB if they wanted to. Tyrod, Keenum/Bridgewater, rookie at #4....then they are just hoping one pans out.

The GM is clueless, making a lot of really bad moves.  It's like they are actively trying to run this franchise into the ground.

I doubt they are done at QB in FA. Grab Tyrod now just in case they strike out with everyone else. This team is desperate to win. If Keenum or Bridgewater are not scooped up immediately they have the resources to bring in one of those guys and draft a QB if they wanted to. Tyrod, Keenum/Bridgewater, rookie at #4....then they are just hoping one pans out.
I can't imagine why any remaining free agent qb would think signing here is a good idea. 

I thought their moves were pretty solid. But you made such a strong argument, I have no choice but to admit I was mistaken.
Yeah, it's weird to bash what we did when we gave so little to do it, not to mention we haven't had a chance to use our 80+ million in cap space or the largest amount of draft capital ever.  

The team had to add a real QB with NFL wins to the roster.  It was a necessity.  I am glad it only cost a 3rd rounder and maybe 15 million in cap space to get it done.  It's not some great move, or really even a good move.  It was a necessary move.

We needed a legit WR on the team.  We did not have one until we traded for Landry considering we can't trust Gordon at this point, or Coleman. 

We improved our secondary and paid about the equivalent of a 4th rounder.  Kizer was not going to do anything here.  

It's not like these are the only players we are adding to this roster.  Fairly certain of that.  Fairly certain picks 1,4,33,35,64 will go quite a long ways in terms of adding talent.  That and the few other good FAs we might very well sign.  

If Taylor, Landry, and Randall were on this team last year, we win 4-5 games.  Maybe more.  That's not great or anything, but we still have a long way to go with all these picks and cap

Yeah, it's weird to bash what we did when we gave so little to do it, not to mention we haven't had a chance to use our 80+ million in cap space or the largest amount of draft capital ever.  

The team had to add a real QB with NFL wins to the roster.  It was a necessity.  I am glad it only cost a 3rd rounder and maybe 15 million in cap space to get it done.  It's not some great move, or really even a good move.  It was a necessary move.

We needed a legit WR on the team.  We did not have one until we traded for Landry considering we can't trust Gordon at this point, or Coleman. 

We improved our secondary and paid about the equivalent of a 4th rounder.  Kizer was not going to do anything here.  

It's not like these are the only players we are adding to this roster.  Fairly certain of that.  Fairly certain picks 1,4,33,35,64 will go quite a long ways in terms of adding talent.  That and the few other good FAs we might very well sign.  

If Taylor, Landry, and Randall were on this team last year, we win 4-5 games.  Maybe more.  That's not great or anything, but we still have a long way to go with all these picks and cap
Wait, why?

You are glad you gave up a 3rd rounder to win 4-5 games for one season?  I guess I am not following especially considering you guys will be drafting one of the top prospects and it just seems more times than not that they end up starting their rookie season anyway. 

Wait, why?

You are glad you gave up a 3rd rounder to win 4-5 games for one season?  I guess I am not following especially considering you guys will be drafting one of the top prospects and it just seems more times than not that they end up starting their rookie season anyway. 
If I have to explain to you why it is a good thing to have a QB on the roster who has at least 1 win in the NFL, then you will just never get it.  I mean, we all KNOW you don't get it as it is, but just letting you know.

It's perfectly fine if the rookie gets some starts this year.  A trade like this doesn't have much to do with wins in 2018 for this particular organization.  Again, if you don't get it, ya just don't get it.  YOU do not get it, at all.  Any of it.

Tell Hoffman we said hi.

If I have to explain to you why it is a good thing to have a QB on the roster who has at least 1 win in the NFL, then you will just never get it.  I mean, we all KNOW you don't get it as it is, but just letting you know.

It's perfectly fine if the rookie gets some starts this year.  A trade like this doesn't have much to do with wins in 2018 for this particular organization.  Again, if you don't get it, ya just don't get it.  YOU do not get it, at all.  Any of it.

Tell Hoffman we said hi.
No I dont get why you needed to trade a 3rd for a guy that you are hoping to get one year and 5 wins out of.  Especially when you had 2 guys on the roster, one a 2nd round pick that would have served the same purpose.  If you need some sort of veteran presence in teh locker room Derek Anderson is about to be available for nothing.

and I have no effing clue what Hoffman is.

The one trade for sure I don't like is the Kizer/Randall one.  I don't understand the move.  It's probably not a good QB room if it's Taylor/Kizer/rookie I suppose.  

The one trade for sure I don't like is the Kizer/Randall one.  I don't understand the move.  It's probably not a good QB room if it's Taylor/Kizer/rookie I suppose.  
??? I would've traded Kizer for a package of ziplock bags.

Worst NFL QB I've had the pleasure of watching. Brutal, brutal, brutal.

** obv a compounded feeling sicne he was forced to start almost every week

??? I would've traded Kizer for a package of ziplock bags.

Worst NFL QB I've had the pleasure of watching. Brutal, brutal, brutal.

** obv a compounded feeling sicne he was forced to start almost every week
Apparently GB thinks he's worth a roster spot.

Apparently GB thinks he's worth a roster spot.
Most likely think they can groom him better than Huey - which I'm sure they can do.  This is an ideal spot for Kizer.  He has potential, but needs a lot of time.  He won't be rushed into things in GB, like he was in CLE.  I think Kizer got the wrong end of the deal with Huey last season.  He showed signs of being a good QB, and then the immaturity, lack of preparation, and poor decision making came into play.  I wish him the best, and I can't imagine a better place to learn than behind Rodgers in GB.

IMO Kizer can and should improve significantly in GB.  You can't place all of the blame on him.  It was a no-win situation for him last year.  Hue should have been fired.

However, interesting stat - last year, Browns QBs combined to throw 28 interceptions on 574 attempts, Taylor has thrown 18 INTs on 1,271 attempts in his entire career.

Really hope we sign Keenum (Cousins ideally, but seems a Longshot) and go Barkley + Chubb. 

Really hope we sign Keenum (Cousins ideally, but seems a Longshot) and go Barkley + Chubb. 
Don't see CLE getting Cousins, and why Keenum?  He's no more a long-term QB than Taylor.  Taylor will make a good bridge - possibly long-term if Haley gets the best out of him.  Keenum isn't a long-term option, IMO.  Just hasn't succeeded anywhere more than he did with Shurmur.  I'd be surprised if he didn't sign up with NYG.

how is it not a bad trade if it was for a 3rd, plus 16million cap for a "bridge" player?  It doesnt make sense especially considering you can bet your ### whatever qb they pick will be starting week 8 or so.
The 16M goes away after 1 season, correct?

This type of crap is like the people who tried so hard to argue against the Osweiler trade.

Interesting read into the new regime. Hue and Zampese lobbies for McCarron while Haley liked Taylor. Which did Dorsey listen to?   :lmao:

QB Dominoes after CLE trades
Hue shouldn’t have say in the QB decision at this point. He’s shown all we need to see when it comes to the position. We landed 3 starters in their prime for what he was willing to give up for a backup with very little NFL experience. You go sit in the corner and watch the real guys work Hue, thanks.

IMO Kizer can and should improve significantly in GB.  You can't place all of the blame on him.  It was a no-win situation for him last year.  Hue should have been fired.

However, interesting stat - last year, Browns QBs combined to throw 28 interceptions on 574 attempts, Taylor has thrown 18 INTs on 1,271 attempts in his entire career.
I wish the kid well, think he got a raw deal here regardless of his talent level which I think is better than what we saw in CLE because the coach is a schmuck. I don’t think he’s waltzing into Canton but I think he’s better than what we saw here.

not a fan of the Shelton trade. 

he is a good player, and they are not in a position right now to get rid of good players.  

that said, i get why they did it, just think they are a year or two away from this type of trade. 

Can someone give a good argument for the Shelton trade or explain it?
Browns plan to sign too many guys to expect comp picks. He's a decent 2 down player, but the option isn't getting picked up, he isn't getting extended, and there are some young pieces ready to replace him. 

But I also expect a DT signed next week, one that can get to the passer. 
Someone supporting this trade suggested that he's a good player but not worth the money so it was a good trade.  Strangely enough someone else said Landry is a good player but not worth the money but since we have money to spend it was a good trade.  

In reality the Pats get an early 5th this year for a late 3rd next year.  Usually a pick later is worth a +1 round in the current year.  Basically the Pats swapped draft picks to acquire a player.

Legal tampering period starts tomorrow eh?  :suds:

Seems silly.  They should just open it up as soon as the super bowl is over.  Everyone knows everyone is talking to everyone anyway.  Plus it would create more interest.  Win win.

Is the Barkley excitement largely combine-driven? I don't remember him as the consensus No. 1 before it.
The only reason he wouldn't be the top pick, before or after the combine, is if you don't think a running back is ever worth taking #1 overall.

Considering the last RB to go #1 overall and prove to be worth it to the team drafting him was Earl Campbell, that's not an altogether horrible perspective, which seems to be shared by most teams. Billy Sims was a fine player but Munoz would have been a better pick, Bo was great later but not worth the pick to the Bucs. (He's an outlier for other reasons which don't apply to Barkley, but still a bad pick at the time). 

Someone supporting this trade suggested that he's a good player but not worth the money so it was a good trade.  Strangely enough someone else said Landry is a good player but not worth the money but since we have money to spend it was a good trade.  

In reality the Pats get an early 5th this year for a late 3rd next year.  Usually a pick later is worth a +1 round in the current year.  Basically the Pats swapped draft picks to acquire a player.
I put very little value in draft picks beyond early round 4. It obviously depends on the class, but usually that's when the well of starters drys up and you enter the world of role players, guys needing development, and cancers. Every team is going to have a guy or three they really like, but there isn't a whole lot of difference between those guys and udfa.

Users who are viewing this thread