What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (6 Viewers)

CBS Sports HQ
@CBSSportsHQ

"They are NOT going to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo."
@jjones9
breaks down what's next for the Browns at QB after Deshaun Watson was handed an 11-game suspension.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Browns won't trade for 49ers' Garoppolo in wake of Deshaun Watson suspension: report
..."They believe in Jacoby Brissett," Jones reported on the Browns. "... They're not going to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo. They are not going to trade for his salary cap number, which is around $24 million. Everyone in the NFL is waiting on the San Francisco 49ers to ultimately cut Jimmy Garoppolo, and then there can be a sort of feeding frenzy on Garoppolo."

OK, it’s clear there won’t be a trade.

do any of you think they will ultimately sign Garoppolo as a FA?

is he better off signing somewhere as a backup or starting 10 games in Cleveland?

is he better off signing somewhere as a backup or starting 10 games in Cleveland?
Depends on what he's offered on the open market. I think the Browns will/should be interested, but I also think there is a cap on what they're willing to spend. If another team blows that out of the water then good night, but if they're in the same ball park (my expectation) then Jimmy would be wise to take a little less now to potentially earn a little more later if the situations are more than marginally different.

Depends on what he's offered on the open market. I think the Browns will/should be interested, but I also think there is a cap on what they're willing to spend. If another team blows that out of the water then good night, but if they're in the same ball park (my expectation) then Jimmy would be wise to take a little less now to potentially earn a little more later if the situations are more than marginally different.
imo, they better be willing to spend whatever it takes.

if this franchise thinks that running Mayfield out of town (a lot of fans believe this), trading for Watson with his baggage, and then forcing us to watch Brissett for 11 games is a good decision, i don’t know what to say.

at least Garoppolo gives us hope that this isn’t another wasted season to throw on the scrap heap of almost every other season since this team came back in ‘99.

Quincy Carrier had some interesting takes on both the JC Tretter and Jimmy G. topics on his latest Q&A video on youtube.
The Tretter take is at the 3:10 mark and Jimmy G take follows at the 7:00 mark. Food for thought

imo, they better be willing to spend whatever it takes.

if this franchise thinks that running Mayfield out of town (a lot of fans believe this), trading for Watson with his baggage, and then forcing us to watch Brissett for 11 games is a good decision, i don’t know what to say.

at least Garoppolo gives us hope that this isn’t another wasted season to throw on the scrap heap of almost every other season since this team came back in ‘99.
Watson to Mayfield wasn't a 2022 play, it was a long term one. There was obviously risk and it didn't play out optimally, but I think this says this team isn't going to win with Baker. There's good reason they (allegedly) pursued Wilson first though.

I don't want Jimmy G.
We have MORE invested on the QB position than any other NFL team.
Why?
The law of diminishing returns.
We need every penny for NEXT YEAR when we'll have the team AND the QB to compete.
IMHO it is all about next year when we'll need EVERY PENNY to get missing pieces and to keep the band together.

I would take Jimmy G I prefer winning over losing not real confident in Briskit myself. Better start 4-0 or we are going to be in trouble if you can't win those games you won't be winning many of the week 5-12 games.

Think Dobbs earned a roster spot yesterday, Cade York is making my heart pitter patter and if we are ever in a position where our second string defense is on the field, we're screwed. Some of the RB's looked good as well. Would be FANTASTIC if we added another quality WR. That position is going to bite us in the *** at some point this year.

Think Dobbs earned a roster spot yesterday, Cade York is making my heart pitter patter and if we are ever in a position where our second string defense is on the field, we're screwed. Some of the RB's looked good as well. Would be FANTASTIC if we added another quality WR. That position is going to bite us in the *** at some point this year.
lol, if they don’t get a starting quality QB, they are screwed.

... if we are ever in a position where our second string defense is on the field, we're screwed...
Garrett Bush
@Gbush91
If the Browns start slow in the first part of the schedule Stefanski is opening himself up to a ton of criticism. They are starting the season with backup level players at DT, WR, & QB. Yet they are sitting out the entire preseason like they have earned it and don’t need reps!
----------------------------------------------------
From the little I saw of DT Jordan Elliot, he looked fantastic. I could not believe he was the same guy we had been seeing from last year. Both Brandon Little AND Pete Smith sees a vast improvement from Togiai as well, so I am not as concerned about the backups at this point. Jordan Elliot is basically playing NT and Togiai is Jordan's backup. Whoever is starting at the other DT spot would not also be playing NT, they would be rushing the QB/applying pressure. Elliot and Togiai will also rush and play more than NT 0-tech but from what I've read they will take on blockers and predominantly play the run.
I really want to see how the starting DTs perform in that first game.
On the other hand, Garrett Bush makes a solid point in noting that we should have been getting Jacoby Brissett playing time.
I have little hope of Schwartz panning out and I'm also pessimistic on DPJ working out, but Bell looks great, and I've heard Cooper has been incredible so I'm excited to see him play.
----------------------------------------
Pete Smith
@_PeteSmith_
Togiai has consistently done his job through two preseason games. He plays smart and his technique is night and day from last year.

@BrandonLittleFB
I think Tommy Togiai could help be a problem solver for the #Browns in the middle. His pursuit is impressive, he moves for his size. Only the preseason, but he’s taken a step forward.

... if we are ever in a position where our second string defense is on the field, we're screwed...

I have little hope of Schwartz panning out and I'm also pessimistic on DPJ working out, but Bell looks great, and I've heard Cooper has been incredible so I'm excited to see him play.
Schwartz can run fast and that's about it.

but i thought DPJ has looked good at times. why are you so pessimistic on him?

just curious, i'm not defending the guy.

Last year he was hyped and didn't pan out.
This year he has been hyped but he whiffed a block and dropped a pass in limited action I saw with Watson.
I'm from Missouri in that I'll believe it when I see it with DPJ.

Last year he was hyped and didn't pan out.
This year he has been hyped but he whiffed a block and dropped a pass in limited action I saw with Watson.
I'm from Missouri in that I'll believe it when I see it with DPJ.
I hate to say it because I had high hopes for DPJ as well but it's becoming clearer why he slipped to the 6th round in the 2020 draft.

Warren Sharp
@SharpFootball

trailing in the 2nd half, highest EPA/pass att last 3 years:
1. Lamar Jackson
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Kirk Cousins
4. Deshaun Watson
5. Tom Brady
6. Justin Herbert
7. Dak Prescott
8. Ryan Tannehill
9. Aaron Rodgers
10. Joe Burrow
11. Josh Allen
12. Matthew Stafford
*min 200 att
=================
FWIW Baker Mayfield ranked 23rd on the above list.
Deshaun ranks high on the ALL-TIME EPA list as well.
Browns hold 2 of the top-3 leaders on this ALL-TIME list.
=================
NFL Yards per Pass Attempt Career Leaders All-Time Yards per Pass Attempt Leaders

NFL Yards per Pass Attempt Career Leaders​

All-Time Yards per Pass Attempt Leaders​

RankPlayerY/AYearsTm
1Otto Graham+9.01946-1955cle
2Sid Luckman+8.41939-1950chi
3Deshaun Watson8.32017-2020htx
4Norm Van Brocklin+8.21949-19602TM
5Patrick Mahomes8.12017-2021kan
6Steve Young+8.01985-19992TM
7Kurt Warner+7.91998-20093TM
Tony Romo7.92004-2016dal
Ed Brown7.91954-19653TM
10Bart Starr+7.81956-1971gnb
Russell Wilson7.82012-2021sea
Philip Rivers7.82004-20202TM
Aaron Rodgers7.82005-2021gnb
Johnny Unitas+7.81956-19732T

It would be amazing if a slot WR emerged in camp.

I don't know anything about this guy.

---------------------------------------------------------

Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_

Traditional slot option, which is a contrast to David Bell. His tape at Miami is intriguing.

Camryn Justice@camijustice

Mike Harley Jr. has been an early standout.

Keep your eye on him. #Browns

LINK video

----------------------------------------------------------
Hey, this kid 'might' make the roster.
Something to keep an eye on for the last preseason game.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can WR Mike Harley make the 53-man roster?
...Harley is having the best training camp.
...Harley (5’-11”, 180 pounds) definitely left his mark on college football.

While at the University of Miami, he set their career receiving record. However, he played five seasons with an added year due to COVID. He had 182 receptions which bested NFL greats Reggie Wayne and Michael Irvin.
Full-Time Dame
@DP_NFL

Mike Harley is an explosive slot receiver. Reportedly, 4.39 in the 40! He can stretch the defense vertically and horizontally.
LINK to video
...Leading up to the draft, the receiver talent this year was very deep. Harley was confident that his combination of 4.44 speed plus his pound-per-pound strength would make GM’s notice. While at Miami he was known as a weight room guru to which he could press 365 pounds, squat 425 with a vertical jump of 37 inches. At Miami’s Pro Day he was clocked at 22.6 MPH.
That is speed that NFL teams covet. Plus, he has extensive experience on special teams.
...His size is perfect for the slot position. Make that “field-stretching slot receiver.” His talents work best in an offense that utilizes the RPO and use him on deep attacks.

While in Browns training camp, as mentioned before, numerous receivers have had injury issues. This has led to additional reps for Harley despite being not only a rookie, but of the undrafted variety from a Power 5 school.
Carly Mascitti
@carlymascitti

Browns HC Kevin Stefanski on Mike Harley: "He's given us some really good reps - both at receiver and returner. That will be a continual evaluation."
Mike Harley Jr. fights through contact for tip-drill catch
============================================
It 'could' come down to Mike Harley or Anthony Schwartz in the last preseason game.
Don't be surprised if Harley beats out Schwartz.

Browns Offense Struggles in Dress Rehearsal Against Bears
...Anthony Schwartz will once again be the target of plenty of criticism as he not only dropped the opening pass, but wasn't able to make several other plays. He would receive a Bronx cheer when he caught a pass. He finished the first half with one catch on eight targets, prompting speculation on his roster status.

The Browns continue to work to Schwartz as they want him to gain confidence and unlock his potential. His speed can be game-changing and force opponents to stay back, creating more space for the running game and underneath passes.
--------------------
Pete Smith
@_PeteSmith_
Schwartz DID Nothing last year and the Browns offense was better with him in the lineup than without him.
Anthony Schwartz could have hooks for hands and he still forces the defense to account for him. He drew safety help there after beating the corner.
--------------------
Pete Smith
@_PeteSmith_
Anthony Schwartz in jeopardy of being cut?

"No. No." - Kevin Stefanski

--------------------------------------
After years and years, we finally have a kicker who is a legit weapon.
Look what Cade York did in pregame warmups.
70 freak'n yards.
I've never heard of anything like that sort of power.
This is a game changer.
---------------------------------
Browns K Cade York pregame 70-yard field goal

It seemed pretty obvious they were trying to give Schwartz an opportunity last night and he pissed all over it. Thought Brissett looked adequate, I am hoping with the full compliment of starters he will be the game manager we need. More suspect of the defense at this point but again, lotta starters not playing. Got some pressure on Fields but he still put on a clinic against our CB’s. The highlight of this game was York hitting the 70 yarder in warmups, that didn’t really give me a warm fuzzy.

... The highlight of this game was York hitting the 70 yarder in warmups, that didn’t really give me a warm fuzzy.
Last year we couldn't rely on our kicking game, so we went for it on fourth down and missed many conversions.
York is a game changer.
--------------------------
Kicker Cade York Presents Unique Opportunities, Quandaries for Browns
...York's superhuman leg strength opens up a world of possibilities for the Browns, increasing the number of ways they can score points.
...the Browns will have a kicker that has virtually unlimited range, so as long as they can protect him, they can get off a good attempt a field goal before the half or in the waning moments of a game, a major advantage.
...In 2021, between Baker Mayfield's injuries, an inconsistent offense and a wildly unreliable kicking unit, the Browns couldn't count on anything. They often went for it on fourth down because they didn't trust their kicker would make even seemingly routine kicks. A team that could ill afford to leave points on the field did so routinely, costing them multiple games that season.

... The highlight of this game was York hitting the 70 yarder in warmups, that didn’t really give me a warm fuzzy.
Last year we couldn't rely on our kicking game, so we went for it on fourth down and missed many conversions.
York is a game changer.
--------------------------
Kicker Cade York Presents Unique Opportunities, Quandaries for Browns
...York's superhuman leg strength opens up a world of possibilities for the Browns, increasing the number of ways they can score points.
...the Browns will have a kicker that has virtually unlimited range, so as long as they can protect him, they can get off a good attempt a field goal before the half or in the waning moments of a game, a major advantage.
...In 2021, between Baker Mayfield's injuries, an inconsistent offense and a wildly unreliable kicking unit, the Browns couldn't count on anything. They often went for it on fourth down because they didn't trust their kicker would make even seemingly routine kicks. A team that could ill afford to leave points on the field did so routinely, costing them multiple games that season.
And he missed a 58 yarder in perfect conditions in a stadium that is known for some terrible kicking conditions throughout the season. Let's not size him up for the HoF jacket just yet.

I like the kid and I hope he is all that because since Phil Dawson, we haven't had a reliable kicker. And frankly, if they didn't trust their kicker then they should have had a steady ****ing stream of kickers turnstiling through Berea all season long until you found one. It's a billion dollar investment that is based on winning, don't understand why they kept ****ing around with a kicker we all knew wasn't the answer.

And he missed a 58 yarder in perfect conditions...
Context of missing a 58-yard FG.
The NFL average FG attempt is a little over 37 yards.
We directly compete in a division that has Justin Tucker the ALL-TIME most accurate kicker in NFL history and with Chris Boswell was the 4th most accurate last year. Tucker made the longest FG in NFL history last year, 66 yards. He has the highest number of attempts over 50 yards at 23 percent. Boswell has the lowest number of attempts over 50 yards at only 7 percent. On average, less than 9 percent of FG are attempted over 50 yards.
The Bengals made the SB and their rookie kicker played a key role in their success, yet in the HISTORY of the Bengals, they have made ONE 58-yard FG and that was last year with their rookie kicker.
It is RARE to even attempt a 58 yard FG let alone make one.

NFL average FG success made by distance:
Under 29 yards, over 97 percent
Under 39 yards, over 92 percent
Under 49 yards, over 77 percent
Under 59 yards, over 62 percent

Last year was one of the worst in terms of kicker accuracy so excuse me if I am jazzed about getting a kicker who is a legit threat to make what would be the longest FG in NFL history because it is a big deal especially for the team who ranked LAST in the entire league over the past 3 years in terms of kicker accuracy.

After a miss-filled Sunday, NFL kickers are on pace for a historically bad season

And he missed a 58 yarder in perfect conditions...
Context of missing a 58-yard FG.
The NFL average FG attempt is a little over 37 yards.
We directly compete in a division that has Justin Tucker the ALL-TIME most accurate kicker in NFL history and with Chris Boswell was the 4th most accurate last year. Tucker made the longest FG in NFL history last year, 66 yards. He has the highest number of attempts over 50 yards at 23 percent. Boswell has the lowest number of attempts over 50 yards at only 7 percent. On average, less than 9 percent of FG are attempted over 50 yards.
The Bengals made the SB and their rookie kicker played a key role in their success, yet in the HISTORY of the Bengals, they have made ONE 58-yard FG and that was last year with their rookie kicker.
It is RARE to even attempt a 58 yard FG let alone make one.

NFL average FG success made by distance:
Under 29 yards, over 97 percent
Under 39 yards, over 92 percent
Under 49 yards, over 77 percent
Under 59 yards, over 62 percent

Last year was one of the worst in terms of kicker accuracy so excuse me if I am jazzed about getting a kicker who is a legit threat to make what would be the longest FG in NFL history because it is a big deal especially for the team who ranked LAST in the entire league over the past 3 years in terms of kicker accuracy.

After a miss-filled Sunday, NFL kickers are on pace for a historically bad season
Kudos on the compilation of data regarding kickers but I'm not going down the rabbit hole with you. My opinion is my opinion. He's a kicker, as I said, hope he does well, we're going to need all the help we can get on offense.

we're going to need all the help we can get on offense.
What I am about to write is from the perspective of someone who hasn't really watched a snap since the debacle that was the one quarter with Watson, but I'm not understanding the doom & gloom about the offense. Brissett is a capable backup that should look a lot better with Chubb and Cooper as core pieces, Hunt and Njoku secondary, with DPJ, Bell, and Bryant to compliment as long as our band aid at center is not a total liability. I wouldn't read much into how the offense looked with Schwartz as the...**ahem**...center piece :laugh:

It's going to be an interesting 8 days from a personnel perspective though.

we're going to need all the help we can get on offense.
What I am about to write is from the perspective of someone who hasn't really watched a snap since the debacle that was the one quarter with Watson, but I'm not understanding the doom & gloom about the offense. Brissett is a capable backup that should look a lot better with Chubb and Cooper as core pieces, Hunt and Njoku secondary, with DPJ, Bell, and Bryant to compliment as long as our band aid at center is not a total liability. I wouldn't read much into how the offense looked with Schwartz as the...**ahem**...center piece :laugh:

It's going to be an interesting 8 days from a personnel perspective though.
I typically watch a half of the preseason games, after that it's who is going to be the first guy in line for head bagger at the Giant Eagle in a few weeks.

I thought Brissett looked ok on Saturday, he made one bad throw (the INT, should have thrown it away but Schwartz got picked off the route). Other than that, he managed the way I hope he does during the season. I gotta see Njoku do it before I believe he's worth what we paid him and more importantly, I need to see Stefanski use him like what we paid him. To me the OL is key, without them, none of this works. I'll echo your sentiment about the center position but Bill Callahan is the best in the business and I am confident in him to make it work. If we get into a position where we need to play catchup in a big way or get into a track meet I don't think we fare particularly well. That's where the defense needs to keep us close. If we're close, we have a shot.

I'd also run the legs off Chubb this year regardless. He doesn't have too much time left as a top tier back and we've been saving him along. Release the Chubb, let the Chubb eat!

Isaiah made the final 53 and survived the cut when we picked up QB Kellen Mond.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEPTH CHART
Cleveland Browns
ki3vsvsflxq62k4srzib.jpgIsaiah Thomas
DE6-5266
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The FA WR from Miami that I noticed did not make the team but is on the practice squad.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice Squad
jukriyzzk97hn6rhdalm.jpgMike Harley Jr.
WR5-10180
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It looks like Isaiah Thomas will stick and Mike Harley has a chance to develop on the PS.
The three areas that we are lacking, QB, WR, DT.
Pretty sure we're all caught on the QB sitch.
===================================
WR -
We've kept Cooper under wraps so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do since he is basically IT in terms of viable veteran WRs. I like Bell but haven't got confidence in anyone else listed and 'expect' we'll sign a vet who gets cut.
DT -
DT is wafer thin 'on paper'. Elliott looked solid in limited action this preseason and Togiai got 'good' reviews, but I was disappointed in what I caught of Bryan and Winfrey who looks like he'll need at least a year to develop.
Here is the entire 'current' roster.

Browns roster

I noticed that we had at least 10 rookies who made the team and was going to mention it since it is not typical.
Saw this story today which jibes with the high number of rookies who made the team.
Browns have the youngest 53-man roster, most cap space in NFL
... According to a report, Cleveland has the youngest roster in the NFL:
The NFL’s youngest roster belongs to the Browns, who have an average age of 25.0. Cleveland has consistently sought a young roster (among the four youngest rosters in the league for five consecutive years)
...the team’s goal over the years. Younger players have higher upside, are cheaper and tend to get injured less.

I noticed that we had at least 10 rookies who made the team and was going to mention it since it is not typical.
Saw this story today which jibes with the high number of rookies who made the team.
Browns have the youngest 53-man roster, most cap space in NFL
... According to a report, Cleveland has the youngest roster in the NFL:
The NFL’s youngest roster belongs to the Browns, who have an average age of 25.0. Cleveland has consistently sought a young roster (among the four youngest rosters in the league for five consecutive years)
...the team’s goal over the years. Younger players have higher upside, are cheaper and tend to get injured less.
The Pirates have used the same approach for years, so it's nice to see the Browns aim to copy their success.

We only had two TEs on the roster.
Was looking for us to ink a vet TE.
------------------------------------------------
Report: Browns Working to Sign Veteran Tight End

... According to a report,

Brad Stainbrook
@StainbrookNFL
Source: and TE Jesse James are “working towards a deal.”

... the Browns are nearing a deal to sign veteran tight end Jesse James.
James last spent 2021 with the Chicago Bears, before that he was with the Detroit Lions for a pair of years. James is most notably known for his time with the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he brought in 1,189 receiving yards in four years...

No idea what will happen this season with a strong roster and the quarterback that will be behind center for most games. Defense will probably win at least one of the games. The offense, who knows? Nobody really, yet.

This is a really good write up of our entire draft class to this point.
Well worth the time to check this article out.
Go to the link for the read.
Really good progress report on the rookies.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Browns Rookie Progress Report
The regular season is nearly upon us and the Cleveland Browns rookies look to have carved out roles.

From the little I saw of DT Jordan Elliot, he looked fantastic. I could not believe he was the same guy we had been seeing from last year... I really want to see how the starting DTs perform in that first game.
----------------------------------------
Not sure if others had heard that Jordan Elliott has been beasting this off-season. He looked like a completely different player in the preseason and look what he did in the first game in Carolina.
-------------------
Seth Walder
@SethWalder

Top 10 pass rush win rate performance at defensive tackle in Week 1 thus far. Aaron Donald has never finished anywhere but first in this category (since 2017) and begins a new year at No. 1.

LINK to list
----------------
Jacoby Brissett, Jordan Elliott among players in focus with Browns opener approaching

Defensive tackle Jordan Elliott​

Myles Garrett was asked late in the preseason who he thought was sitting on a potentially big year. The All-Pro defensive end pondered it for a second and said, "Jordan Elliott."

...Coaches and teammates alike have raved about the effort Elliott has put forth on a seemingly daily basis. His defensive line coach, Chris Kiffin, has spoken on multiple occasions about how he's been a different player in all facets of the game.

If that translates to the field, that's a massive thing for the Browns defense. Defensive tackle was seen as arguably the biggest weakness on the defense coming into the preseason, so a big year for Elliott could only mean big things for the Browns.

Winfrey has red flags.
... scouts told Bob McGinn, though, there are red flags. “He has talent but he’s an absolute disaster off the field,” one said. “I don’t know if I trust him to really draft him.” ...
Browns Perrion Winfrey absent for disciplinary reasons and Myles Garrett chases the sack record: Berea report
...Rookie defensive tackle Perrion Winfrey was absent for disciplinary reasons and head coach Kevin Stefanski wouldn’t say if Winfrey will play on Sunday or not.

"The Jets (1-1) scored two TDs in a span of 60 seconds — a New York minute — to wreck Cleveland's home opener. According to ESPN Stats, teams had won 2,229 consecutive games when leading by at least 13 points in the final two minutes.

The last team to blow that kind of lead was the Browns
in the 2001 season against the Bears."

At least they are consistent...

Dwayne Rudd helmet toss still edges this one out for me but just by a hair. I think this one is so painful because it's fresh and there is a new generation that hasn't had the opportunity to experience a true Browns loss. Losing is part of the gig but the Browns are good for one or two spectacular losses about every year and it literally shocks people it's so bad. This one certainly checks that box and for new fans, it's jawdroppingly bad. Welcome to the Cleveland Browns.

In September of 2002 the Browns had this roster.
2002 Cleveland Browns Roster & Players
The most talented offensive player was rookie RB William Green who would be the 3rd or 4th best RB on the current roster.
The most talented defensive player was Jamir Miller who was a one-year-wonder that had to be schemed to get free rush lanes in order to get sacks.

This is the current roster.
2022 Cleveland Browns Roster & Players
The most talented player on offense is either of the starting guards or Chubb. We haven't seen Watson, and Cooper looks better than anticipated.
Defensively we know Myles Garrett is on a HOF path. Denzel is the best corner we've seen and Clowney is easily the best 2nd DE since the return before factoring in Newsome and JOK who would have been the best defenders on that 2002 team.

This is a team with a much more talented roster who will get the QB the likes of which they've never had in the previous 22 seasons.

This isn't a matter of talent that plagued those expansion teams, it is coaching and mental toughness because there is no excuse for two breakdowns in the secondary in consecutive games that we've seen the past two games to let games get out of hand in the final two minutes.

they should've won that game by 20 points.

that was probably Brissett's best game ever.

no excuse to not win that game.

something's got to give.

something's got to give.
Delpit benching and an ultimatum on Woods is my vote. You're either coaching it up or allowing it to happen and what's transpired in that secondary littered with financial resources is inexcusable. A competent QB throws for 500 yards yesterday against those bums.

something's got to give.
Delpit benching and an ultimatum on Woods is my vote. You're either coaching it up or allowing it to happen and what's transpired in that secondary littered with financial resources is inexcusable. A competent QB throws for 500 yards yesterday against those bums.
i had to listen to most of it on the radio.

wasn't there a blown coverage on a TD earlier in the game as well?

only good news is that the rest of the AFC North lost yesterday as well.

IF they can beat Pittsburgh Thursday night they are still in it, but a loss against the Steelers would definitely send this season into a downward spiral.

something's got to give.
i had to listen to most of it on the radio.

wasn't there a blown coverage on a TD earlier in the game as well?
It was an afternoon full of blown coverages. They just had a few bad drops and Flacco continually missed wide open receivers by 10'.

In September of 2002 the Browns had this roster.
2002 Cleveland Browns Roster & Players
The most talented offensive player was rookie RB William Green who would be the 3rd or 4th best RB on the current roster.
The most talented defensive player was Jamir Miller who was a one-year-wonder that had to be schemed to get free rush lanes in order to get sacks.

This is the current roster.
2022 Cleveland Browns Roster & Players
The most talented player on offense is either of the starting guards or Chubb. We haven't seen Watson, and Cooper looks better than anticipated.
Defensively we know Myles Garrett is on a HOF path. Denzel is the best corner we've seen and Clowney is easily the best 2nd DE since the return before factoring in Newsome and JOK who would have been the best defenders on that 2002 team.

This is a team with a much more talented roster who will get the QB the likes of which they've never had in the previous 22 seasons.

This isn't a matter of talent that plagued those expansion teams, it is coaching and mental toughness because there is no excuse for two breakdowns in the secondary in consecutive games that we've seen the past two games to let games get out of hand in the final two minutes.
I was wondering where you were going with this but you brought it back nicely and tied a nice brown & orange bow on it :thumbup:
something's got to give.
As much as I would like to see some figurative "heads on pikes" for this loss you're almost in a position where can't with the short week. After this week I'd seriously look at Mike Priefer taking a bullet though. I never thought I'd sit here and laud Gregggggg Williams safety in Berea strategy but here we are.

Users who are viewing this thread