What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Song Draft - Alphabet thievery afoot - Thievery abounds, XTC and Queen popular. Starting Round 25. Chaos coming (3 Viewers)

I know I haven't been online much but It's been nice to have a music draft again. The pace for listening to new songs has been good.

:goodposting: Thanks to JML and all the drafters for being awesome.

I hope people will put together playlists for their picks. I'm very interested in hearing these mixes! Really was looking forward to where @Steve Tasker 's came out, so hoping that he'll be back for that, too.

I know I haven't been online much but It's been nice to have a music draft again. The pace for listening to new songs has been good.

I hope people will put together playlists for their picks. I'm very interested in hearing these mixes! Really was looking forward to where @Steve Tasker 's came out, so hoping that he'll be back for that, too.
I’ll be doing a playlist and like the flow of my choices so far, but I haven’t wanted to put anything together yet with the threat of steals looming.

I’ll be doing a playlist and like the flow of my choices so far, but I haven’t wanted to put anything together yet with the threat of steals looming.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. When it's over I want to listen to these, though.

You might want to stop engaging with the pollster -- don't want you on hiatus again.

So tired of the self-assuredness. It's not earned, and it's not only when there's a subjective thing to discuss. It's his assertions about things that are reasonably objective that he's also often wrong about.

Just tiresome.

Link to what you guys are talking about? Be careful, rock!

It’s nothing really. It’s in Tim’s thread. I never finish the insult. One has to supply their own meaning.

Round 26 will be one person up at a time, starting with Pip’s Invitation. No more 3ITC.
Sound fair?

Round 27, if you can do 26 picks, is just pick a favourite artist from someone else, but a different song

Would it seem more fair to have both Rounds 25 and 26 in order? I'm not sure (and it doesn't affect me a bit since I can't steal nor be stolen from), so just throwing it out there.
I would do 25 and 26 in order, since some people were holding steals just for that.

That makes all the sense in the world.
Rounds 25 and 26 in order, one at a time. No autoskips, but one can ask to be skipped at the time

Wondering if we waited too long to steal - most people are already locked into the hard to find letters.

I think we'd need more scarcity in the draft pool or more drafters for the stealing gimmick to work more effectively
Yeah I agree. Hasnt worked out as I hoped. Theres something in the idea though. Scarcity is the most important thing.
Was hoping for 20+ drafters.
Still got rounds 25 and 26 to see if things change

You might want to stop engaging with the pollster -- don't want you on hiatus again.

So tired of the self-assuredness. It's not earned, and it's not only when there's a subjective thing to discuss. It's his assertions about things that are reasonably objective that he's also often wrong about.

Just tiresome.

Just mr anti elvis costello not understanding why people dont have the same taste as him
Eg How can there by 27 songs better than Thriller in 82? He then ranks it 5th best on the album lol.

Not really an 82 album btw, but thats another story.

Just tiresome.

Just mr anti elvis costello not understanding why people dont have the same taste as him
Eg How can there by 27 songs better than Thriller in 82? He then ranks it 5th best on the album lol.

Not really an 82 album btw, but thats another story.

:lmao: I figured I knew who “the pollster” was but then was looking for a recent poll. Didn’t think to scour the other threads. I’m usually on board with the tim threads but missed out on the first 1/3 or more of that one and didn’t want to catch up.

Wondering if we waited too long to steal - most people are already locked into the hard to find letters.

I think we'd need more scarcity in the draft pool or more drafters for the stealing gimmick to work more effectively
Yeah I agree. Hasnt worked out as I hoped. Theres something in the idea though. Scarcity is the most important thing.

When we first talked about it, there was only one steal, and we worried that might mean no steals until the last round so added another. There was still some strategy here, but it might need more tinkering. With the steal concept, maybe something like putting a time limit on them, such as one expires after Round 10, another after Round 15…something like that.

Just tiresome.
Just an observer in here (and mostly in tim's thread too), but you've hit the nail on the head, rock.
Insufferable is how I would sum him up. I have to stop myself from engaging with him and tell myself it's pointless.

@Steve Tasker owes 20-24th round picks. 5 in total.
@zamboni owes 23rd and 24th picks

24.06 New Binky the Doormat
24.08 Hov34
24.09 Tuffnutt
24.11 Steve Tasker
24.12 Rockaction
24.13 Pik95
24.16 Otb_lifer
24.17 ilov80s
Can all make their picks

After this
STOP
HAMMER TIME

Once all these picks are made, we commence round 25 with ilov80s only
One by one from then on until we reach the magical 27th round for those left

When we first talked about it, there was only one steal, and we worried that might mean no steals until the last round so added another. There was still some strategy here, but it might need more tinkering. With the steal concept, maybe something like putting a time limit on them, such as one expires after Round 10, another after Round 15…something like that.
My plan was to use my steals defensively (steal back any of my harder to replace groups that might get stolen from me). Since the stealing slowed down, I probably could have switched to offense earlier - some of the groups I was targeting to steal I’ve already chosen another option.

24.pik Steal from @Yo Mama Fugees-Fu-Gee-La

I am done with my draft now @John Maddens Lunchbox punting Y and Z. No stealing from me now.

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, k, L, M, N O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, and X
I was going to ask this earlier, but as we get to the end of the draft, when someone “finishes”their draft (either early or after their 26th round pick) is that drafter immediately done and frozen, or are they still alive until the end of the round?

For example, when I make my 26th round pick (which is like 5th or 6th pick in the round), am I frozen or do the people behind me in the draft order still get a chance to steal from me?

Likewise, since I now owe a 24th rounder, can I steal back the Fugees or is Pik now frozen?

@John Maddens Lunchbox @krista4

My plan was to use my steals defensively (steal back any of my harder to replace groups that might get stolen from me). Since the stealing slowed down, I probably could have switched to offense earlier - some of the groups I was targeting to steal I’ve already chosen another option.
My plan was defend against an Arcade Fire Steal, then if that didn't happen do what I just did and bail immediately. I love it when a plan comes together. :HannibalSmithCigar:

I am done with my draft now @John Maddens Lunchbox punting Y and Z. No stealing from me now.

I was going to ask this earlier, but as we get to the end of the draft, when someone “finishes”their draft (either early or after their 26th round pick) is that drafter immediately done and frozen, or are they still alive until the end of the round?

For example, when I make my 26th round pick (which is like 5th or 6th pick in the round), am I frozen or do the people behind me in the draft order still get a chance to steal from me?

Likewise, since I now owe a 24th rounder, can I steal back the Fugees or is Pik now frozen?

I think only people who drop out at 20, 22 or 24 get their picks "locked." It wouldn't make sense or be fair the other way IMO, and the first post specifically only mentions the locking/freezing with respect to 20/22/24. But JML will be the final say on this.

I think only people who drop out at 20, 22 or 24 get their picks "locked." It wouldn't make sense or be fair the other way IMO, and the first post specifically only mentions the locking/freezing with respect to 20/22/24. But JML will be the final say on this.
Yeah, I agree - but is Pik locked when he made his 24th pick, or when the 24th round is over?

Yeah, I agree - but is Pik locked when he made his 24th pick, or when the 24th round is over?

I'd think the former, as otherwise you don't necessarily get the "benefit of the bargain" that you've made by dropping out. Also the first post mentions dropping out after 24 "selections" not 24 "rounds." But I've been wrong before, so don't necessarily rely on me!

Users who are viewing this thread