What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Song Draft - Alphabet thievery afoot - Thievery abounds, XTC and Queen popular. Starting Round 25. Chaos coming (1 Viewer)

24.pik Steal from @Yo Mama Fugees-Fu-Gee-La

I am done with my draft now @John Maddens Lunchbox punting Y and Z. No stealing from me now.

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, k, L, M, N O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, and X
I was going to ask this earlier, but as we get to the end of the draft, when someone “finishes”their draft (either early or after their 26th round pick) is that drafter immediately done and frozen, or are they still alive until the end of the round?

For example, when I make my 26th round pick (which is like 5th or 6th pick in the round), am I frozen or do the people behind me in the draft order still get a chance to steal from me?

Likewise, since I now owe a 24th rounder, can I steal back the Fugees or is Pik now frozen?

@John Maddens Lunchbox @krista4
The way i envisioned this is that anytime from round 20 onwards you could make your pick, say “screw you guys, im going home” and lock their picks in. The plan was for people to use their steals earlier to stop this from happening.
Pik has played this to perfection.
Of course he doesnt make his final 2 picks or get the luxury of a 27th pick

Yo Mama can replace his F pick.

I am sensing some hostility there.
Who from? Not me. F isnt that hard to repick.

This concept is in its early days and may not work, so teething issues.
The plan was for people to use steals earlier and if they were worried about getting stolen from to bail from the 20th pick onwards at a time of their choosing.

Those that were confident of getting 26 picks in had the luxury of that bonus 27th pick.

Maybe others have ideas on how to do this better, but its what im running with

The plan was for people to use steals earlier and if they were worried about getting stolen from to bail from the 20th pick onwards at a time of their choosing.

Those that were confident of getting 26 picks in had the luxury of that bonus 27th pick.

I think he was making a joke about it being an F pick.

I’m good with the decision and wasn’t sure I was going to re-steal anyway.

Pick can have my F’ing F pick.

Lol.
The whole point is that people would get fractious about late steals and decisions like Pik made.
Got to do something to freshen up these music drafts. A bit of strategy involved.

First run, possibly only time we try this. Who Knows?
Maybe someone can figure out a better way or maybe its a one and done concept

Im in until 26 and i want to make my 27th rounder.
Hopefully Hov34 can make that 24th pick, i make Taskers and see what happens from then onwards

Lol.
Yeah, that was it JML. Too subtle I guess - lol.

There's a free concert series this summer at a park in the town next to mine. Anyone familiar with these artists? Of course I know Aimee Mann, and that's the one date where I will be away.

• June 7 – Mutlu/Melissa Menago
  • June 21 – Samantha Fish ft. Jesse Dayton/ Julia Pratt
  • July 12 – Travel Lanes/Cloudbelly
  • July 26 – Don McCloskey/Daphne Ellen
  • Aug. 2 – Aimee Mann/Jonathan Coulton
  • Aug. 16 – Calexico/Sug Daniels
  • Aug. 30 – Gabe Dixon/Sahara Moon

There's a free concert series this summer at a park in the town next to mine. Anyone familiar with these artists? Of course I know Aimee Mann, and that's the one date where I will be away.

Calexico used to put on a good show, though it’s been years since I’ve seen them.

STEAL!!!

Fresh off losing my F’ing F pick by F’ing Pik (who cowardly ran home and locked all his doors so I couldn’t get it back), I will take out my anger at poor @tuffnutt and steal his first round pick.

Yo Mama steals a few ZZs and takes ZZ Top. I’ll keep La Grange as my song.

I'm not sensing "a-haw, haw, haw, haw" from tuffnutt.

STEAL!!!

Fresh off losing my F’ing F pick by F’ing Pik (who cowardly ran home and locked all his doors so I couldn’t get it back), I will take out my anger at poor @tuffnutt and steal his first round pick.

If I hadn’t been able to steal the Zombies from ilov80s, I was going to steal this one. :)

STEAL!!!

Ironically Krista started this chain of events taking my favorite band, Arcade Fire. I love them so much, people have asked me if I was in the band back in the day. I would have played it different if I had both steals available. So Ray

Lol.
Yeah, that was it JML. Too subtle I guess - lol.
Nah, i just get too literal sometimes. Well played

Calexico used to put on a good show, though it’s been years since I’ve seen them.
I found another site with descriptions of the headliners:

Mutlu: Philadelphia singer/songwriter revered for his deeply rooted retro grooves and smooth, soulful vocal style
Samantha Fish: Award-winning musician re-defining the blues with her impressive guitar work and strong songwriting
Travel Lanes: Hailing from the Philadelphia music scene, Travel Lanes blend infectious melody into their rockin’ brand of power pop
Don McCloskey: Eclectic singer-songwriter known for his versatile talent and electrifying live performances
Aimee Mann: Grammy and Academy-award winning singer/songwriter beloved for her modern take on folk (I knew that one)
Calexico: Critically-acclaimed Americana from the Southwest showcasing their kaleidoscopic musical influences
Gabe Dixon: Nashville-based multi-instrumentalist known for his work as keyboardist and songwriter with Tedeschi Trucks Band

Calexico was drafted yesterday

Jesse Dayton puts on a fun show. He's a hot guitar picker from Texas who's played with Waylon and filled in for Billy Zoom in X. His biggest success was as part of the fictional band Banjo & Sullivan in Rob Zombie's film The Devil's Rejects.

Love Aimee Mann. At one point, I was going to pick a 'Til Tuesday song for T before I went all necrophiliac.

21.S - Shing02 - "Luv Sic (Part 2)"

Part of Shing02's famous Luv Sic hexalogy. An uplifting track from legendary underground Japanese vocalist Shing02 over a Nujabes beat.

B, C, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, U, V, W, Y, Z

22.T - Tsunenori - "Parabolic Geometry"

This all-instrumental delight has only 450 Youtube views, apparently.

B, C, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, Y, Z

23.D - DJ Okawari - "Fragile (feat. Celeina Ann)"

Ethereal and flowery, a perfect encapsulation of Okawari's art style.

B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, Y, Z

24.L - Ljones - "ArtOfficial Strawberries"

The piano permeates this jazz instrumental beat from a little-known Canadian artist.

B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, Y, Z
:kicksrock:
Right at the buzzer

Users who are viewing this thread