What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DI Jukebox Draft (66-15)- Listen up (1 Viewer)

Wait, we are supposed to design this list so others will want to pay money, dance, and sing along to this mix? It can't just be a jukebox for my man-cave filled with Radiohead songs and 10min jams?

The following errors were found

The member PIK95 cannot receive any new messages

This personal message has not been sent

:kicksrock:

would have been fun but somehow I missed this thread. If something opens up, I'd be interested in joining. (or go to 22 teams!)
the more the merrier

adding you to the end unless rockaction wants to keep the turn

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, we are supposed to design this list so others will want to pay money, dance, and sing along to this mix? It can't just be a jukebox for my man-cave filled with Radiohead songs and 10min jams?
the more radiohead and 10min jams the merrier

Maybe I just haven't been in the correct bars, but I always equate "jukebox" song to songs played to death at weddings and the radio.

Maybe I just haven't been in the correct bars, but I always equate "jukebox" song to songs played to death at weddings and the radio.
I think we'll all have our own associations. Odds are pretty good that I'll pick a song that I sang along to with a homeless guy while waiting for a half-smoke at Ben's Chili Bowl.

I'm probably overdoing it with the jukebox references but this is basically a mixtape draft without any particular sequence of tracks. Think of 50 songs on shuffle.

I'm probably going light on ambient ballads and string quartets but YMMV

Yeah, I won't have a theme. I might have a philosophy, but it's kind of an anti-philosophy.

My idea of a great jukebox song isn't much different than my idea of a great song. I appreciate lizard-brain music. Riffs, hooks, sing-along choruses. Songs that make me want to dance, fight, f***, cry, or scream along.

EDIT: But that's not because I care about the theme of the draft. That's just my thing.

I think whatever scarcity there is in this format will be with the more modern stuff, especially with this crew of drafters. Nobody is going to have to check IDs at the door of our bars.

The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face (2015)

This was the jam of last year. Even the people who say they don't listen to new stuff probably overheard it somewhere. It's the best Michael Jackson song since his death with an irresistible hook as it goes from the verse to the chorus. And it's about doing coke so there's that.
My problem is going to be the older stuff, actually. Pretty sure I can wing it for the past 15 years and find plenty of decent stuff.....it's the 60s and 70s that will be more difficult for me.

I think whatever scarcity there is in this format will be with the more modern stuff, especially with this crew of drafters. Nobody is going to have to check IDs at the door of our bars.

This was the jam of last year. Even the people who say they don't listen to new stuff probably overheard it somewhere. It's the best Michael Jackson song since his death with an irresistible hook as it goes from the verse to the chorus. And it's about doing coke so there's that.
My problem is going to be the older stuff, actually. Pretty sure I can wing it for the past 15 years and find plenty of decent stuff.....it's the 60s and 70s that will be more difficult for me.
Ask Zamboni to help you. He didn't get in for the exact opposite reason as you. He's great with the older stuff.

I thought we were making two picks each time up in order to avoid 50 rounds of drafting? I'm ok either way but just wanted to clear it up.

Just steal from Zilla's yearly playlists on Spotify.

Ask Zamboni to help you. He didn't get in for the exact opposite reason as you. He's great with the older stuff.
I'll be fine, but there won't be many deep cuts off albums.
I don't think I could work with a Bills fan anyway.

This is not that kind of establishment

This is not that kind of establishment
Nobody is going to poach his favorite Girl School single.

That's my plan

Been deciding on a theme for this...

Question about: B Sides:

most Jukeboxes I remembered had an artist's biggest hit and then their other song selection was always some lesser known tune by the same artist.

Am I remembering that correctly about Juke Boxes? There was one well known song and one nearly unknown song by each artist?

Also, now that I have my recording software set up with my piano, wondering if I should make every selection by posting a piano cover to youtube. Could be fun, or maybe too cumbersome - haven't decided yet.

Been deciding on a theme for this...

most Jukeboxes I remembered had an artist's biggest hit and then their other song selection was always some lesser known tune by the same artist.

Am I remember that correctly about Juke Boxes? There was one well known song and one nearly unknown song by each artist?

Also, now that I have my recording software set up with my piano, wondering if I should make every selection by posting a piano cover to youtube. Could be fun, or maybe too cumbersome - haven't decided yet.
You are correct about 45's

Am I remembering that correctly about Juke Boxes? There was one well known song and one nearly unknown song by each artist?
A lot of jukeboxes from the past could play both sides of a 45.

I always liked when the B-side was just an alternate cut or clear call back to the single. Like (and I'm totally making this up) you might get "Arthur Conley -- Sweet Soul Music/ More Sweet Soul Music" or "Tag Team -- Whoomp: There it Is / Whoomp: Did I Mention I Like Butts?"

Is I love 80's the same as Junior NB? I am awful with who is who but there are not that many 80's fans around. I just had a moment of clarity I think. Maybe my concussion symptoms of the last two years are finally lifting!

Is I love 80's the same as Junior NB? I am awful with who is who but there are not that many 80's fans around. I just had a moment of clarity I think. Maybe my concussion symptoms of the last two years are finally lifting!
:shrug: have you ever seen them in the same room?

My theme will be love songs. I'm feeling romantic these days.

And I will begin with 2015 and work my way backwards. (mainly so that I don't have to figure out what years I still need to draft.)

The thing I miss most about participating in these is all the excellent new mixes to listen to with songs I've never heard before.

Quick question - what about songs that are separate but are best when played back to back and have been released live together? (At least I think they were)

Quick question - what about songs that are separate but are best when played back to back and have been released live together? (At least I think they were)
You mean Happy Birthday and Cha Cha Cha?

I paid my duessss!

I'm not going to have a theme, per se, but I spent a fair amount of time in taverns for a fair amount of years (& a fair amount of money in jukeboxes). So I'm going to pick records I can remember being played a lot, or (for the newer stuff) sound like a song I'd play a lot if I was still hanging in bars. The more recent years are gonna be problematic for me and I'll probably burn all 5 of my pre-'66 options in this century.

My theme will be love songs. I'm feeling romantic these days.

And I will begin with 2015 and work my way backwards. (mainly so that I don't have to figure out what years I still need to draft.)
Your avatar has that effect.
Doesn't she make you feel mushy inside?
I think that was the meatloaf, but sure.
No spotlighting!
1993 selection?

Users who are viewing this thread