What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DI Jukebox Draft (66-15)- Listen up (3 Viewers)

My theme will be love songs. I'm feeling romantic these days.

And I will begin with 2015 and work my way backwards. (mainly so that I don't have to figure out what years I still need to draft.)
Your avatar has that effect.
Doesn't she make you feel mushy inside?
I think that was the meatloaf, but sure.
No spotlighting!
1993 selection?
He won't do that.

Are most in the draft loading these onto spotify?
Don;t know what that is but I am loading them onto google play. FBG Jukebox is the public playlist
Spotify is a music service you can download for free. It doesn't have every musician on there, but it has a lot. You can make playlists on it, and share your playlists with others on spotify. You can do more things if you upgrade. I use the free version.

Might not be popular here, but to me, this is a quintessential dive bar jukebox song:

1970 Roadhouse Blues- The Doors
:lol: I actually had this on my list
I sang that song in a karaoke bar years ago. That was the same night I asked the bartender if she had any of the "sister's recipe", and she was not amused. People who watched "The Waltons" will know what I'm talking about.

Sitting on the sidelines here in case someone wants to drop out. These things are beautiful time killers, and the sniping always vexes me in a fun way.

My first pick, from the year 2015:

Maroon 5- Sugar

I absolutely, unashamedly love this. I love it's use of late 70s vocal style falsetto, reminded me very much of Earth, Wind and Fire. Just a sweet, awesome song.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maroon 5- Sugar

I absolutely, unashamedly love this. I love it's use of late 70s vocal style falsetto, reminded me very much of Earth, Wind and Fire. Just a sweet, awesome song.
I listened to it to make sure it was the same song I was thinking of. It's very catchy. I'm going to have this one in my head all afternoon.

Maroon 5- Sugar

what type of bar are you establishing?

It's a catchy song, one we would have played at our wedding (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09R8_2nJtjg)
Tim and I are in very different bars. I have an exact dive bar in mind. It opened during WW2 and just burned down in 2014. Howells was a Dearborn legend. Every Ford worker and local teen with a fake ID for 70 years came through that place.

Maroon 5- Sugar

what type of bar are you establishing?

It's a catchy song, one we would have played at our wedding (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09R8_2nJtjg)
The kind that brings it young chicks? I'll allow it.
I was thinking Tim's is the local gay bar.

I just thought of a kick ### theme. But I need to plan it out and see if I can get it to work. Would make for some interesting back to back tracks to say the least

Maroon 5- Sugar

I was hoping that made it back. Oh well.

I just thought of a kick ### theme. But I need to plan it out and see if I can get it to work. Would make for some interesting back to back tracks to say the least
I have a theme but it's kinda cheesy and really depends on a couple songs making it to the end of the first. One should, the other maybe shouldn't given our age range.

Anyone gonna be around for the evening and can take a PM for my pick? I have to leave shortly and probably won't be able to check in until tomorrow a.m. I believe it's just KP's pick, then mine.

1 . 7 --- Karma Police --

1 . 8 --- Uruk Hai --

1 . 9 --- Ramsey Hunt Exp --

1 . 10 --- sn0mm1s --

1 . 11 --- Mister CIA --

1 . 12 --- Jzilla --

1 . 13 --- Steve Tasker --

1 . 14 --- Marco --

1 . 15 --- John Bender --

1 . 16 --- Dr.Octopus --

1 . 17 --- John Maddens Lunchbox --

1 . 18 --- Mr.Ected --

1 . 19 --- Simey --

1 . 20 --- AcerFC --

1 . 21 --- rockaction --

1 . 22 --- FUBAR --

latecomers

1 . 7 --- Karma Police --

1 . 8 --- Uruk Hai --

1 . 9 --- Ramsey Hunt Exp --

1 . 10 --- sn0mm1s --

1 . 11 --- Mister CIA --

1 . 12 --- Jzilla --

1 . 13 --- Steve Tasker --

1 . 14 --- Marco --

1 . 15 --- John Bender --

1 . 16 --- Dr.Octopus --

1 . 17 --- John Maddens Lunchbox --

1 . 18 --- Mr.Ected --

1 . 19 --- Simey --

1 . 20 --- AcerFC --

1 . 21 --- rockaction --

1 . 22 --- FUBAR --

latecomers
If it makes it to me anytime tonight feel free to skip me and I will pick in the morning.

Well, I guess that I am focusing more on the "desert island" and less on the "jukebox". Basically just tossing on my favorite songs or ones that helped shape my music tastes along the way. I don't want to be sitting on my island listening to songs I like less in case somebody is able to swim to the island. Just so I don't have to think as much, I just threw the years we are drafting into a # randomizer, so we start off with 1977 and one of my favorite Floyd songs...

1.07: PINK FLOYD - DOGS (1977)

Well, I guess that I am focusing more on the "desert island" and less on the "jukebox". Basically just tossing on my favorite songs or ones that helped shape my music tastes along the way. I don't want to be sitting on my island listening to songs I like less in case somebody is able to swim to the island.
This will be my draft strategy as well.

If it's a jukebox in my bar these would be the songs in it anyway.

Well, I guess that I am focusing more on the "desert island" and less on the "jukebox". Basically just tossing on my favorite songs or ones that helped shape my music tastes along the way. I don't want to be sitting on my island listening to songs I like less in case somebody is able to swim to the island. Just so I don't have to think as much, I just threw the years we are drafting into a # randomizer, so we start off with 1977 and one of my favorite Floyd songs...

1.07: PINK FLOYD - DOGS (1977)
Really getting your quarter's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread