What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DI Jukebox Draft (66-15)- Listen up (1 Viewer)

Stranglehold is such a great song. So sad that Ted has become such an ####### late in life (or maybe he always was one, I don't know).

This spotlighting is great but it doesn't do anything for my (eventually futile) attempt to carry a theme over 50 tracks.

It would be a real challenge for someone to be given the first several songs chosen in this draft and asked to come up with a link or pattern.
We did that once. Themes were nominated and assigned at random to other drafters. Drafters assembled their mix without telling anybody what they were doing.

I drew songs about home. I really liked my mix but I thought the draft lacked cohesiveness because everybody had a different agenda.
I ran that one. Loved the idea in theory, but yeah, there wasn't any chance at sniping after a few rounds and it seemed like there were a ton of autoskips and make-up picks. Would love to try it again, but maybe having 2-3 drafters with the same weird theme.

1 . 1 --- Pik95 -- Shout! -- The Isley Brothers -- 1959

1 . 2 --- Limp Ditka -- Rock Around the Clock -- Bill Haley and the Comets -- 1954

1 . 3 --- eephus -- Can't Feel My Face -- The Weeknd -- 2015

1 . 4 --- Ilov80s -- Roadhouse Blues -- The Doors -- 1970

1 . 5 --- HellToupee -- Good Golly Miss Molly -- Little Richard -- 1958

1 . 6 --- timschochet -- Sugar -- Maroon 5 -- 2015

1 . 7 --- Karma Police -- Dogs -- Pink Floyd -- 1977

1 . 8 --- Uruk Hai -- Sloop John B -- The Beach Boys -- 1966

1 . 9 --- Ramsey Hunt Exp -- Younger Us -- Japandroids -- 2010

1 . 10 --- sn0mm1s -- Paint it Black -- The Rolling Stones -- 1966

1 . 11 --- Mister CIA -- Stardust -- David Essex -- 1974

1 . 12 --- Jzilla -- Strangelhold -- Ted Nugent -- 1975

1 . 13 --- Steve Tasker -- September -- Earth, WInd, & Fire -- 1978

1 . 14 --- Marco -- Sympathy for the Devil -- The Rolling Stones -- 1968

1 . 15 --- John Bender -- -- --

1 . 16 --- Dr.Octopus -- SKIP -- --

1 . 17 --- John Maddens Lunchbox -- AUTOSKIP -- --

1 . 18 --- Mr.Ected -- -- --

1 . 19 --- Simey -- -- --

1 . 20 --- AcerFC -- -- --

1 . 21 --- rockaction -- -- --

1 . 22 --- FUBAR -- -- --

Anybody who wants in can jump in around the turn. I pm'ed NV who's usually in on this kind of nonsense.

I'm a worse commissioner than Gary Bettman but I can probably be persuaded whenever anyone wants to join or bail.

1.18 - 1966 - The Standells - Dirty Water

As a Ma##hole, this was a theme song growing up, especially in HS for our school's sailing team when we would race on the Charles. You can see some of the racing in the video attached.

Funny as a band from LA, they nailed Boston.

ETA: I always use an explanation of my being as having swam in the Charles, Hudson, and Potomac/Anacostia Rivers. :twitch:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
JZilla said:
Tasker respectfully requests

Earth Wind & Fire - "September" (1978)
I grade this a 4.5 on the "how many Manhattans do I need before I attempt this at karaoke" scale. Most excellent.
Willis says she likes songs that tell stories, and that at a certain point, she feared the lyrics to "September" were starting to sound simplistic. One nonsense phrase bugged her in particular.

"The, kind of, go-to phrase that Maurice used in every song he wrote was 'ba-dee-ya,' " she says. "So right from the beginning he was singing, 'Ba-dee-ya, say, do you remember / Ba-dee-ya, dancing in September.' And I said, 'We are going to change 'ba-dee-ya' to real words, right?' "

Wrong. Willis says that at the final vocal session she got desperate and begged White to rewrite the part.

"And finally, when it was so obvious that he was not going to do it, I just said, 'What the f- - - does 'ba-dee-ya' mean?' And he essentially said, 'Who the f- - - cares?'" she says. "I learned my greatest lesson ever in songwriting from him, which was never let the lyric get in the way of the groove."

1.9 Japandroids -- Younger Us (2010)
So not much of an explanation. I'm another one who might struggle a bit on later stuff. This was a bare bones rock album I really loved that hit my rock themes sweet spot. Feeling young and immortal with the chance for adventure and greatness in every night. I was never like that as a young man, but it's nice to pretend.
Give me that night you were already in bed

Said #### it, got up to drink with me instead

How does one even go about VBDing something like this? :lmao: Crazy that some are already getting sniped. I barely missed out on the first MOADID, and haven't jumped in for one of these in ages ( :bye: hi guys), but if y'all will take me mid-draft ( :lmao: mid first round), I'd love to join.

How does one even go about VBDing something like this? :lmao: Crazy that some are already getting sniped. I barely missed out on the first MOADID, and haven't jumped in for one of these in ages ( :bye: hi guys), but if y'all will take me mid-draft ( :lmao: mid first round), I'd love to join.
If the bossman will okay it I'm all for it

1.18 - 1966 - The Standells - Dirty Water

As a Ma##hole, this was a theme song growing up, especially in HS for our school's sailing team when we would race on the Charles. You can see some of the racing in the video attached.

Funny as a band from LA, they nailed Boston.

ETA: I always use an explanation of my being as having swam in the Charles, Hudson, and Potomac/Anacostia Rivers. :twitch:
Back in my Bucks County days of the very early 80s, there was a local cover of this song waxing sentimentally about the Schuylkill river. As a die hard Sixer fan at the time (hated the Celtics), I was not happy to discover that Boston had dibs on the tune.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mister CIA said:
We'll check back with Spotify tomorrow. Hello YouTube!

This guy was so dreamy, it's a miracle I'm not gay.

1.11 - David Essex, Stardust. 1974, I think. Apparently AllMusic has never heard of this guy. Relying on Wikipedia.
This pick has me speechless.

you around, you can pick before me

This is the craziest one I have seen yet. There is no rhyme or reason to the order so just get your tunes. Or just stand there and hope the Mountain doesn't pick you.

Users who are viewing this thread