What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do You Think You Would Ever Speak To Me This Way In Real Life? (1 Viewer)

I don't think we have any "random bannings just because". I try to be as clear as I can on what we're doing here and I know not everyone agrees but I don't think anyone is saying "screw you if you don’t like it."
Sorry, but I'm not buying it Joe. I can't tell you how many times I've seen here and in PF the numbers of times someone gets suspended and a reply from a certain FBG moderator, aptly named @FBG Moderator, and the response is a simple "Don't." How's that clear?

Andif the guy controlling that account isn't you, then you need to up your communication with your team in becoming more clear to posters.

Sorry, but I'm not buying it Joe. I can't tell you how many times I've seen here and in PF the numbers of times someone gets suspended and a reply from a certain FBG moderator, aptly named @FBG Moderator, and the response is a simple "Don't." How's that clear?

Andif the guy controlling that account isn't you, then you need to up your communication with your team in becoming more clear to posters.
Not sure what to tell you. I spend time trying to be clear on what we can do. I did that yesterday some in the discussion with EG. There are lots of times when a poster will be told not to post something with a "don't" or "don't post that". I did that yesterday with the guy who called Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez an idiot. 

So essentially your stance is “screw you if you don’t like it”, delivered with a smile and slap on the back. I know that’s not your intent but that is the message received. Because you are imposing rules that clearly alienate quality, intelligent people, and you clearly have zero qualms about it. 
I'm sorry, but we'll just have to disagree. 

Again. This is not about moderation. There are threads for that. This is the tone of it. I think somebody was drunk moderating, frankly. Given the amount of "abouts" in the sentence.

Not sure what to tell you. I spend time trying to be clear on what we can do. I did that yesterday some in the discussion with EG. There are lots of times when a poster will be told not to post something with a "don't" or "don't post that". I did that yesterday with the guy who called Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez an idiot. 
This is pretty interesting to me. I’ve read many times, the president getting called derogatory names, but a congresswoman is off limits? 

This is pretty interesting to me. I’ve read many times, the president getting called derogatory names, but a congresswoman is off limits? 
We talked about it in the other thread. My preference is nobody gets called an idiot with no more info. Way better to discuss what they said, why you disagree and what you think we should do instead. Criticism for political figures is welcomed. We wouldn't have a political forum without it. But I think we can do better than just calling people idiots.

And for sure, it's more a wish than anything. But clearly people have this desire. The post calling the congresswoman an idiot had a half dozen reports on it instantly. As I've asked people to do. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe, there's a reason so many posts in this thread don't even understand how I got a warning, let alone a suspension.

This is not to mention the fact that individuals (many of them) in THAT thread, didn;t even get it, and they followed the whole flow of conversation,

Anyways, your forum and you control it. I get it. Honestly you could ban people with a roulette wheel if you wanted to, and that'd be your right.

But the point is... Sometimes a football forum (or any forum, for that matter) also needs to be a community to thrive. And in a community, esp amongst men, there is going to be jabs and light insults. That's part of being in a community of likeminded dudes. You need it. It's unfortunate you don't see that / don't agree w it.

I sent the note to somebody and got quoted in the original quote. I got it wrong.That was my fault.

eta* the mods generally do a good job here. I'm stunned at my own virility,

I sent the note to somebody and got quoted in the original quote. I got it wrong.That was my fault.
Thank you @rockaction

This is the post in question. https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/668316-colin-kaepernick/?page=122&tab=comments#comment-21562939

We try to cut and paste the post that caused the suspension into the "note for member" part of the warning. 

It wasn't a moderator that said "Seriously. Do you ever back away from the keyboard and think about how dumb about what you're about to write is?  "  That was the moderator letting you know what it was you got suspended for.

Our moderators are human and they're far from perfect. But I would be disappointed if a moderator had said that to you.

Thank you @rockaction

This is the post in question. https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/668316-colin-kaepernick/?page=122&tab=comments#comment-21562939

We try to cut and paste the post that caused the suspension into the "note for member" part of the warning. 

It wasn't a moderator that said "Seriously. Do you ever back away from the keyboard and think about how dumb about what you're about to write is?  "  That was the moderator letting you know what it was you got suspended for.

Our moderators are human and they're far from perfect. But I would be disappointed if a moderator had said that to you.
Wait, so was it the moderator or rock that said that?

Joe, there's a reason so many posts in this thread don't even understand how I got a warning, let alone a suspension.

This is not to mention the fact that individuals (many of them) in THAT thread, didn;t even get it, and they followed the whole flow of conversation,

Anyways, your forum and you control it. I get it. Honestly you could ban people with a roulette wheel if you wanted to, and that'd be your right.

But the point is... Sometimes a football forum (or any forum, for that matter) also needs to be a community to thrive. And in a community, esp amongst men, there is going to be jabs and light insults. That's part of being in a community of likeminded dudes. You need it. It's unfortunate you don't see that / don't agree w it.
Completely understand. As you well know, you've been given tons of room for the jabs and light insults over the years. Josh Gordon will do that. But by and large, we want to keep it completely focused on the player. Not back and forth shots at the poster. Thanks for helping us there. 

We talked about it in the other thread. My preference is nobody gets called an idiot with no more info. Way better to discuss what they said, why you disagree and what you think we should do instead. Criticism for political figures is welcomed. We wouldn't have a political forum without it. But I think we can do better than just calling people idiots.

And for sure, it's more a wish than anything. But clearly people have this desire. The post calling the congresswoman an idiot had a half dozen reports on it instantly. As I've asked people to do. 
Regardless of your feelings about him Trump has been called an idiot hundreds of times in the PSF.

Regardless of your feelings about him Trump has been called an idiot hundreds of times in the PSF.
Understood. I'd love to see us do less of that and discuss specifics of actions and policy instead. I know it's a pipedream. But that's the direction I'd love to see us go. 

That often when we get indignant about how people treat us we’re being hypocritical and failing to recognize our own terrible behavior. 
That's one I have to remind myself of often. I catch myself too often bummed about how someone is acting when in reality, I'm likely doing something similar. 

Someone posted that one of our Congress persons is an idiot and 6 people reported that instantly?

That's.......something    :oldunsure:

I recently got a note from a moderator. It was, succinctly, hostile. It had about too few many abouts in it and just shuddered with bullying. 

Note for member:

"Seriously. Do you ever back away from the keyboard and think about how dumb about what you're about to write is?"  

That was literally what was said to me. Is this acceptable?
Wow, that’s awfully aggressive....especially for a moderator. 

Users who are viewing this thread