What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do You Think You Would Ever Speak To Me This Way In Real Life? (1 Viewer)

I don’t think so.  

Oh, for rock? Yeah, I bet he wishes he’d just put this into the existing moderation thread.  
Yeah, I do. Wish I hadn't happened upon you, Henry. You'll make an idiot seem like an idiot every day. And that's what I am today, an idiot.  

No you aren’t.  These things happen.  You have to be able to laugh about it, man.  Please laugh about it.  It’s objectively funny. 
Otter: Flounder, you can't spend your whole life worrying about your mistakes! You ####ed up... you trusted us! Hey, make the best of it! Maybe we can help.

Rockflounder has a nice ring to it.

OK Rock, I won't bust your balls again.....  today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rockaction, we're all idiots. I jumped in here several years ago after some time away and immediately asked someone if his job was still going great. He had gotten hacked the day before. If I had read before running my mouth (keyboard?) for twelve seconds, I'd still be an idiot - just not for that.

Cowboysfan8 said:
Someone posted that one of our Congress persons is an idiot and 6 people reported that instantly?

That's.......something    :oldunsure:
I would bet the six reporters probably have called people on the other side worst things in the last week.  It is fine if people want to be sensititive to others, but it is the selective hyper-sensititivity that that I don't get.  

Threads like this are always going to pop up here and Joe’s going to have to keep banginng his head against the wall explaining what he wants this place to be, because what he wants this place to be does not fit the clientele of football guys.com. 

I would bet the six reporters probably have called people on the other side worst things in the last week.  It is fine if people want to be sensititive to others, but it is the selective hyper-sensititivity that that I don't get.  
Oh I agree

The best thing to do , for me anyway, is to only venture in the PSF when I'm really bored.

And rarely post in there. It's a sewer

rockaction said:
It just seemed especially egregious and petty. Like somebody had a personal problem with me. I'm now bound to a mod's whim, is what I thought. I love this place. I think it's wrong to do that.    
What was the context of the message?

Joe Bryant said:
Thank you @rockaction

This is the post in question. https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/668316-colin-kaepernick/?page=122&tab=comments#comment-21562939

We try to cut and paste the post that caused the suspension into the "note for member" part of the warning. 

It wasn't a moderator that said "Seriously. Do you ever back away from the keyboard and think about how dumb about what you're about to write is?  "  That was the moderator letting you know what it was you got suspended for.

Our moderators are human and they're far from perfect. But I would be disappointed if a moderator had said that to you.
Wait.  :lmao:

What a plot twist.  

jvdesigns2002 said:
In and of itself--not a cool way to speak with a contributing member. I might not always agree or like everything you say on here--but you definitely contribute to these boards.  With that said--what was the full "context"?  Doesn't seem like a moderator would randomly send that to you.  What comment/post did you make to generate that less than polite reaction?
Funny that in one of the first posts of the thread I wondered what post elicited the mods response. Never in a thousand years would I have guessed the plot twist that ended up happening here. LMAO.  Awesome stuff rock.   Definitely an epic thread that I needed after a long day of work. Lol 

Last edited by a moderator:
rockaction said:
although I'm not sure what the grammar police are signaling out.
The too many "abouts".  Although that's really an editing problem, "editing police" just doesn't have the same panache.

rockaction said:
Yeah, apparently it was me. It just...was... terribly wrong. 
That's hilarious.  You realise that I will never let you live that down?  That's about twenty years worth of abuse right there.

I probably wouldn't have ever spoken to you that way in real life...

... before this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread