What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fears of a second Civil War (1 Viewer)

I really pray that this is the case. But there is a significant underclass on both sides of the aisle that has, in their perception, no material advantage to lose. Of course, they might not understand how much even a basic meal involves in terms of the economy functioning properly. I think they're ignorant of the cost of war and agitate for it when they see hot-button issues come to the fore.
We saw on Jan 6, and have seen since in the defendants' various defenses, that no one is willing to die for this cause. Not to the amount of people that would matter anyway.

Look at Iran, dozens of protestors killed, massive demonstrations. There's people with real anger and frustration.

It's a bunch of LARPers here. The LOVE the talk, but if you wait them out, they'll go take a nap.

I don't think we will ever see a true civil war II in this country with people putting on uniforms for their side.

I think it is realistic that we may see outbreaks of violence in regions over politics. The summer of love put the cards on the table.

I started this thread to get some other points of view. I know everyone in this forum wants a better country for America. We just disagree what that looks like.

Max, the best answer will always be "bifurcation"

Let Conservatives and Republicans live with other Conservatives and Republicans in towns, cities and states that align to their value systems.

Let the liberals, leftists, Democrats, wokesters, radicals, etc, etc all do the same somewhere else.

That's the only fix possible.

But yes, I see widespread political violence coming. It won't take long. Lots of people are going to die. Most of the radicals in the PSF laugh it off because the impact is not the same for them. They have zero idea what it's like to be a Conservative and have so many institutions lined up against us. What they don't see is the "cancel culture" can flip a 180, and then what happens?

I do not want to see widespread political violence happen. But I don't see a way to stop the inevitable.

The best thing Conservatives and Republicans can do right now is withdraw all our business and money from those that enable the politics and policies we don't agree with and keep doing that. That is the best non violent response. Demonetize everyone who pushes woke and identity politics. Everyone is a tough guy until their children are starving because of their unhinged tribalism.

I'd be happy to have you as a neighbor Max. You're a good trooper. The rest of these radical woke low speed REMFs though can go live somewhere else and watch their homes and cities burn to the ground.
It's interesting you suggest purposely building echo chambers. I've always considered echo chambers to be bad and a sure fire way to create radicalism. Also, I think people will always find something to argue about regardless of how much you surround yourself with like minded individuals.

I don't think we will ever see a true civil war II in this country with people putting on uniforms for their side.

I think it is realistic that we may see outbreaks of violence in regions over politics. The summer of love put the cards on the table.

I started this thread to get some other points of view. I know everyone in this forum wants a better country for America. We just disagree what that looks like.

Max, the best answer will always be "bifurcation"

Let Conservatives and Republicans live with other Conservatives and Republicans in towns, cities and states that align to their value systems.

Let the liberals, leftists, Democrats, wokesters, radicals, etc, etc all do the same somewhere else.

That's the only fix possible.

But yes, I see widespread political violence coming. It won't take long. Lots of people are going to die. Most of the radicals in the PSF laugh it off because the impact is not the same for them. They have zero idea what it's like to be a Conservative and have so many institutions lined up against us. What they don't see is the "cancel culture" can flip a 180, and then what happens?

I do not want to see widespread political violence happen. But I don't see a way to stop the inevitable.

The best thing Conservatives and Republicans can do right now is withdraw all our business and money from those that enable the politics and policies we don't agree with and keep doing that. That is the best non violent response. Demonetize everyone who pushes woke and identity politics. Everyone is a tough guy until their children are starving because of their unhinged tribalism.

I'd be happy to have you as a neighbor Max. You're a good trooper. The rest of these radical woke low speed REMFs though can go live somewhere else and watch their homes and cities burn to the ground.

So where do the small business owners who don't care if you're gay and smoke weed but don't want to pay off your college debt and like having police go? What about the Christian democrats? Or the conservatives who can't stand Trump?

Also the ruling class on both sides will never buy into "bifurcation". Republicans buy sneakers too. What would Tucker and Hannity and Reid and Maddow have to blabber about to build ratings if everyone was happy?

Users who are viewing this thread