What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Get Your Butt Back To The Office (1 Viewer)

Ugh, as of June 1 my company will be requiring us to be in-office two days (Tuesdays and Thursdays). My department had agreed to do Mondays and Thursdays, which I got really used to doing over the past couple of years. Monday just seems like a natural day to come in, and allows me to get a lot of "personal" things done on Tuesdays and then have the option of coming in on Wednesdays to catch up on emails/etc. and then again Thursday.

With us moving from Monday to Tuesday, it messes up my schedule and will probably mean I never go in on Wednesdays. Can't see myself going in 3 consecutive days. Ever.

But I guess it's good that I effectively get a 3.5-day weekend during the summers (we get off at 1pm on Fridays during the summer months).

Still, I hate change especially when I had a real good thing going.
I'm confused are you working from home the other days? Why would you go into the office to catch up on emails?

Fwiw, Monday is a nice to day to work from home, makes the weekend a bit more relaxing when don't have to go into the office on Monday.
Everyone wfh Monday. It's why I go in. Plus you throw in the 6 or so holidays and it's 6 less days I have to commute!!!
You don't get to move your wfh day when it falls on a holiday?
Nope. Our schedule is our schedule.

Certain circumstances manager may allow you to wfh for say an emergency or something but most of the time you have to follow your set schedule

So I count it as my commute day anyway!!

So I wfh T and Th.

So I won't be back in the office until next Wednesday..

Ugh, as of June 1 my company will be requiring us to be in-office two days (Tuesdays and Thursdays). My department had agreed to do Mondays and Thursdays, which I got really used to doing over the past couple of years. Monday just seems like a natural day to come in, and allows me to get a lot of "personal" things done on Tuesdays and then have the option of coming in on Wednesdays to catch up on emails/etc. and then again Thursday.
I don't get it. If they are requiring you are in the office two days a week why do they care which days those are? If you are doing Monday & Thursday why would they complain about that? Seems just arbitrary.
The owner of the company really values team and inter-team collaboration, mainly "in person". So he has mandated that those are the days. I'll make do.

I don't get it. If they are requiring you are in the office two days a week why do they care which days those are? If you are doing Monday & Thursday why would they complain about that? Seems just arbitrary.
The owner of the company really values team and inter-team collaboration, mainly "in person". So he has mandated that those are the days. I'll make do.

This most likely translates to "The owner of the company has to justify a multi year office space lease and says BS things like "we want to see your faces" or "I value inter-team collaboration"

We are local government and had to limit WFH days to justify the amount of office space we have, as space is an issue. That is the only reason we don't allow anyone to WFH more than two days a week.

Our team is at 2 days per week - we support a very large territory and our team is spread out over multiple work locations for their "home" location.

1 day is Wednesday and is supposed to be at your "home" location. The other day is flexible and can be at any location - or if we have all hands ,etc., that counts.

Like others in non-blue collar jobs, most of my time is either focusing on work such as programming dashboards, analyzing data, etc. or on meetings that are primarily on Teams.

Other groups that went up to 2-3 days are already scaling back to 1 day. I don't mind going in as needed, but for the most part it is adding minimal to no value to my ability to do my job.

The company I work for is a large government contractor (about 30k employees). During covid we sold most of our office spaces around the country and are currently sitting at less than a third of what we previously had. In my specific division (about 3k people) there are less than 30 people that work in an office and the rest WFH. The only people from our division who work in an office are the people who HAVE to be in office because they physically have to put hands on something (e.g. the IT team that repairs broken computers). Our overhead costs have plummeted and morale has never been better.

This most likely translates to "The owner of the company has to justify a multi year office space lease and says BS things like "we want to see your faces" or "I value inter-team collaboration"
We own the building. We have monthly, all hands on deck, company meetings on the first Thursday of the month so those days are musts. Most people also came in on Tuesdays too. My team just selected Monday, and it was working out well. Only benefit will be that they provide us with lunch on Tuesdays so I will save like $15 a week on lunch (unless what they get is "meh").

We have been WFH 2 days a week since we came back from Covid (Jan 2021), but directive came down from corporate that they want us to be in the office to "collaberate" and have face time.

Our supply chain is right down the hall from me.........they have been in the office 4 days a week for the past 2 years, but I'm telling you, they spend way more time talking than working.................and they are the "attendance" checkers who drive me nuts. If my department is getting their job done, I don't care if it is done at 9am, 9pm or while they are sitting on the toilet.

So starting the end of June we will be working Tu/W/Th in the office. Boss says that we can adjust if needed and as necessary...........leaving early / etc. However, 2 days after this message was delivered we got another email saying that the enire shared services area (Credit, Tax, General Accounting, Legal, etc) will be closing their office and going to a total WFH model.

I work for a large multi brand company where corporate is in one state w/ the largest brand, and the remainder of the brands are located where they were when purchased.

They are really good at making decisions that work for them and the major brand, but the other 90% of the company is like "WTH".

For those of you who are married or have children under the age of 18 living at home, I'm not sure this is going to be a unique problem but we are drowning at my house

-We are running out of space and also my wife is getting hostile of late whenever I make noise on my side of the home/office during the day. She cannot handle any outside noise and she has a lot of Zoom type calls throughout the day but there is an even larger problem with working from home 80% of the time...

-Straightening up/Cleaning up has become an eye sore to say the least. I walked in this morning after some morning appointments and go into the kitchen and realize it looks like a bomb went off inside there. I'm exaggerating of course but not much. I broke down last month and finally hired a new house cleaner, my wife drove the last one away after 4 full years here. Everything was OK until my wife started working from home and I knew it was going to be an issue.

It's starting to put a strain on our marriage IMHO and I can't say much or else we start getting into a tug of war and then we both feel lousy a little while later

-Another example is just the clothes situation...i can do all the laundry in the world, fold it and even set it on my wife's pillow but somehow the clothes do not find their way into her many chests of drawers. The walk in-closet that is bigger than some studio apartments, you can't even barely get the door open to it.

We have 2/2 with a Den/Office, 1600+ sq ft, should be plenty of room
I should have never let her talk me into closing up the storage unit. I know it's painful to shell out $200 a month on things you likely should just throw away or not have in boxes but believe me this is far worse. I want to rent a U-Haul and load it up with everything not currently being used and open a new storage unit, the closets in here are overflowing.

-I love my wife and it's totally not her fault. They have made it almost impossible to come into the offices, all but encouraging folks to work full time from home. If you can believe it, my wife has staff that complain about not being able to come into the offices.

I answered my own issues here, I need to get a lot of junk/stuff out of here and try to get my wife some help.
...but just to share, I bought my wife a Bellicon trampoline from Germany and I thought it would be excellent inside the condo since she doesn't get out much, she can just bounce for 5-10 minutes and get the blood circulating...it's used as more of a coffee table in her office, I just want to cry.

I feel like you are speaking my language here. WFH is great when I'm there alone. When the wife and kids are home, it's a terrible experience.

Users who are viewing this thread