What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hail to the Redskins! (2 Viewers)

tough first loss...2 big plays really did us in. Nevertheless, I'm happy with a ton of things about this team:

1.Heart- this team is never out of a game. They have played great this year when trailing late.

2.Brunell-not making a lot of mistakes

3.Moss- looking like a top 10 WR
The Redskins really blew that game. The Broncos won because of two big Tatum Bell runs that should have been stopped. Other than those two runs, they really did nothing all day.An offsides nullified a field goal at the end of the first half.

They had a short field goal blocked, which led to the second long run by Bell a few plays later.

They had a safety called back be review that I don't think should have been reversed.

Brunell probably could have run the ball in for the two-point conversion, but didn't.

So, really, those penalties lost the game for them. Tough loss, lucky win for the Broncos.
Dude, get over it, the Broncos won because they're the better team. Seriously, get over it. It's very annoying when fans say, "Well, we would have won if (and then they proceed to list like six thousand mistakes their team made)." Maybe they made all those mistakes 'cause they are just not good.

I could go on a list a bunch of mistakes the Broncos made and say, had they not done this or that they would have won by 20, but hey, it's football, mistakes are made. And in the end, the better team wins more often than not.
If you go back and read, I wasn't saying the better team won last week between the Redskins and Seattle.If you don't think the Redskins played better than the Broncos today, I doubt you actually saw the game. Plummer passed for 92 yards. Is that a sign of a good team??
I saw the game. I didn't say the Skins didn't play better. I said the better team won. If you think the Skins played better than the Broncos, and yet the Broncos still won, how can you possibly think the Skins are a better team?

If a team can throw for only 92 yards and still come away with a win, I'd say yes, that IS a sign of a good team.

He's actually right, the Broncos offense was really shut down all day except for those two long Tatum Bell runs.  At one point they had 5 straight 3-and-outs.

The Redskins' mistakes blew this game for them, and the officials screwed it up too with that reversal of the safety and the call-back of the Patten touchdown.
The reversal of the safety was the right call. The tuck rule may be a dumb rule, but it's still a rule. The Skins scored on the same drive that the Patten TD was called back, so that call had little affect. You can't just discount the long TD runs. The Skins looked like #### on those two runs. The Broncos looked pretty damn good. The refs had some bad calls both ways. The two bad ones against the Skins, the Wilson missed interference call and the Patten interference call, ended up being irrelevant, as the Skins scored anyway. They missed obvious holding against the Skins O line all day long, including two on the last drive. And the holding call in Karl Payman on the last drive was a joke.
Sure, the skins looked terrible on those two long runs, and the Broncos looked great. But what about THE REST OF THE GAME??? The Broncos had 5 consecutive 3-and-out drives. The skins moved the ball, but were killed by their mistakes, including the Brunell/Portis fumble on the first drive, the blocked kick, the kick called back because of offsides, etc.This was a lucky win by the Broncos, they really played horribly. And again, a bad loss by the skins.
There's a reason they play 60 minutes bud. Two long plays are two long plays. They have an effect on the outcome for a reason. You can't just throw them aside, and say yeah, but on the other 60 plays, this happened...Do you consider the Skins win over Dallas lucky because they only had two long plays? I don't.
Actually I do. I take the majority of the game into account more than 2 big plays. The Broncos were better than the skins on 2 plays. For the rest of the game, the skins were better.That satisfy you??
Not really, but you can think what you want.

tough first loss...2 big plays really did us in. Nevertheless, I'm happy with a ton of things about this team:

1.Heart- this team is never out of a game. They have played great this year when trailing late.

The Redskins really blew that game. The Broncos won because of two big Tatum Bell runs that should have been stopped. Other than those two runs, they really did nothing all day.An offsides nullified a field goal at the end of the first half.

They had a short field goal blocked, which led to the second long run by Bell a few plays later.

They had a safety called back be review that I don't think should have been reversed.

Brunell probably could have run the ball in for the two-point conversion, but didn't.

So, really, those penalties lost the game for them. Tough loss, lucky win for the Broncos.
Dude, get over it, the Broncos won because they're the better team. Seriously, get over it. It's very annoying when fans say, "Well, we would have won if (and then they proceed to list like six thousand mistakes their team made)." Maybe they made all those mistakes 'cause they are just not good.

I could go on a list a bunch of mistakes the Broncos made and say, had they not done this or that they would have won by 20, but hey, it's football, mistakes are made. And in the end, the better team wins more often than not.
If you go back and read, I wasn't saying the better team won last week between the Redskins and Seattle.If you don't think the Redskins played better than the Broncos today, I doubt you actually saw the game. Plummer passed for 92 yards. Is that a sign of a good team??
I saw the game. I didn't say the Skins didn't play better. I said the better team won. If you think the Skins played better than the Broncos, and yet the Broncos still won, how can you possibly think the Skins are a better team?

If a team can throw for only 92 yards and still come away with a win, I'd say yes, that IS a sign of a good team.
Of course I'd rather win lucky than lose dominantly. But the Broncos really didn't deserve to win this game. Plummer looked awful. The receivers dropped balls all day. The defense was ok, but not great, and couldn't really pressure Brunell. Save those two big runs, what exactly looked good???Saying this was the performance of a good team is pretty stupid, I think. This is the performance of a team that got lucky.

Of course I'd rather win lucky than lose dominantly. But the Broncos really didn't deserve to win this game. Plummer looked awful. The receivers dropped balls all day. The defense was ok, but not great, and couldn't really pressure Brunell. Save those two big runs, what exactly looked good???Saying this was the performance of a good team is pretty stupid, I think. This is the performance of a team that got lucky.
They didn't play great, you're right about that. But they played good enough to win, and they deserved to win. The fact that they won while playing pretty poorly leads me to think they are a very good team. Have you watched any other Denver games this season? If you have, then I think it's stupid for you to say they are not a good team.

So, the Redskins dominated except for those two runs? Two points...1) Those two runs happened.2) Dominating, to me, includes scoring more than your opponent.

They didn't play great, you're right about that. But they played good enough to win, and they deserved to win. The fact that they won while playing pretty poorly leads me to think they are a very good team. Have you watched any other Denver games this season? If you have, then I think it's stupid for you to say they are not a good team.
Yea, I watched the Dolphins crush them week 1.

He's actually right, the Broncos offense was really shut down all day except for those two long Tatum Bell runs. At one point they had 5 straight 3-and-outs.

The Redskins' mistakes blew this game for them, and the officials screwed it up too with that reversal of the safety and the call-back of the Patten touchdown.
The reversal of the safety was the right call. The tuck rule may be a dumb rule, but it's still a rule. The Skins scored on the same drive that the Patten TD was called back, so that call had little affect. You can't just discount the long TD runs. The Skins looked like #### on those two runs. The Broncos looked pretty damn good. The refs had some bad calls both ways. The two bad ones against the Skins, the Wilson missed interference call and the Patten interference call, ended up being irrelevant, as the Skins scored anyway. They missed obvious holding against the Skins O line all day long, including two on the last drive. And the holding call in Karl Payman on the last drive was a joke.
Sure, the skins looked terrible on those two long runs, and the Broncos looked great. But what about THE REST OF THE GAME??? The Broncos had 5 consecutive 3-and-out drives. The skins moved the ball, but were killed by their mistakes, including the Brunell/Portis fumble on the first drive, the blocked kick, the kick called back because of offsides, etc.This was a lucky win by the Broncos, they really played horribly. And again, a bad loss by the skins.
Sounds like the Cowboys game, amazing how things even out.
:goodposting: Not saying the Skins looked like crap, but when you continue to give points off turnovers and depend on 3rd down completions, eventually you will have games where you make mistakes and can't rebound from them. Bottom line is, they gave up a lot of yards on the ground and didn't get solid tackling on Tatum Bell. They also had a few costly penalties that took them out of field goal range and had mental errors by Brunell with intentional grounding and throwing past the line of scrimmage. Both teams had a number of easy drops due to the weather- that's why the team who got it done on the ground won the game.

They're a decent team, but their margin of error is very thin. Good luck against the Chiefs- they will likely try the same formula that Denver did.

They're a decent team, but their margin of error is very thin. Good luck against the Chiefs- they will likely try the same formula that Denver did.
This is very true. They can't rebound from their mistakes like some other teams can, that Dallas game notwithstanding. The fact that they made so many mistakes and still had a good chance to win, against a good team on the road, speaks volumes to me.Washington's mistakes cost them the game, Denver didn't. If I'm a Denver fan I'm happy they won but very worried about Jake Plummer. As a Redskins fan, there is less to worry about because the offense and defense both looked good.

Mistakes are bad, but at least they are easily correctable.

I'm really sorry that your team lost to a better team today and that you're struggling to find excuses for the loss. I'm really really sorry. I think it would probably be in your best interest to get used to it, though. Soon, I'm sure the denial will wear off, and you'll realize that the Skins just aren't as good as you thought/hoped they were.

I'm really sorry that your team lost to a better team today and that you're struggling to find excuses for the loss. I'm really really sorry. I think it would probably be in your best interest to get used to it, though. Soon, I'm sure the denial will wear off, and you'll realize that the Skins just aren't as good as you thought/hoped they were.
Who would you rather have, Brunell or Plummer??

Who would you rather have, Brunell or Plummer??
Good question. I gotta go with Plummer. I just love the 'stache. I can't get enough of it. And seriously, Plummer. I like the guy. I think he's a good QB and he's an amazing competitor. Though I do think Brunell would be a great fit in Denver's offense. And I also think Brunell is an amazing competitor.

Good question. I gotta go with Plummer. I just love the 'stache. I can't get enough of it.

And seriously, Plummer. I like the guy. I think he's a good QB and he's an amazing competitor. Though I do think Brunell would be a great fit in Denver's offense. And I also think Brunell is an amazing competitor.
I know you are a Denver fan, buit think about this.The Redskins were without their best two cornerbacks for nearly the entire game (Walt Harris, Shawn Springs). Jake Plummer was able to take advantage of this to the tune of....92 yards??? And its not like the Redskins were in Plummer's face all day, he wasn't sacked. Plummer just played really badly.

Regardless of how good the running game is, or how improved the defense is, if I was a Broncos fan I would be afraid of Jake Plummer screwing things up like he did today.

Needless to say, I'd rather have Brunell.

Last edited by a moderator:

I really was unimpressed by the Broncos. All week people were telling me how great they supposedly were, but they looked like an average team to me. With that said, the Skins just didn't execute on a few key plays and were the victims of 2 long runs. No excuses here: the Skins lost. But I remain very optimstic. If theres such thing as a "good win", then this was it, as there were a ton of positives to take from today's game.
:thumbdown: Way to give Denver props like you said you would. In the game thread, you said:"I'm going to have to run as soon as the game is over, but I'll be back(in the Skins thread) to give full credit to the Broncos if they hold on. "

Good question.  I gotta go with Plummer.  I just love the 'stache.  I can't get enough of it. 

And seriously, Plummer.  I like the guy.  I think he's a good QB and he's an amazing competitor.  Though I do think Brunell would be a great fit in Denver's offense.  And I also think Brunell is an amazing competitor.
I know you are a Denver fan, buit think about this.The Redskins were without their best two cornerbacks for nearly the entire game (Walt Harris, Shawn Springs). Jake Plummer was able to take advantage of this to the tune of....92 yards??? And its not like the Redskins were in Plummer's face all day, he wasn't sacked. Plummer just played really badly.

Regardless of how good the running game is, or how improved the defense is, if I was a Broncos fan I would be afraid of Jake Plummer screwing things up like he did today.

Denver was without their best CB, I think you know who I mean. In fact, our two starters were rookies. Yeah, I know. I realize that Plummer didn't look very good today, but it was raining hard all day. I know you're gonna say, "but the rain didn't affect Brunell." Well, maybe Brunell is a better QB in the rain. Plummer also didn't have a whole lot of help from his WRs--a lot of dropped passes. I know, I know, neither did Brunell.

Needless to say, I am not concerned about how Plummer played today, just like I wasn't concerned about his 20 INTs last season. I've watched every game he's played with the Broncos, and I honestly think he's a good QB,and most importantly, a very good leader.

Good question.  I gotta go with Plummer.  I just love the 'stache.  I can't get enough of it. 

And seriously, Plummer.  I like the guy.  I think he's a good QB and he's an amazing competitor.  Though I do think Brunell would be a great fit in Denver's offense.  And I also think Brunell is an amazing competitor.

Denver was without their best CB, I think you know who I mean. In fact, our two starters were rookies. Yeah, I know. I realize that Plummer didn't look very good today, but it was raining hard all day. I know you're gonna say, "but the rain didn't affect Brunell." Well, maybe Brunell is a better QB in the rain. Plummer also didn't have a whole lot of help from his WRs--a lot of dropped passes. I know, I know, neither did Brunell.

Needless to say, I am not concerned about how Plummer played today, just like I wasn't concerned about his 20 INTs last season. I've watched every game he's played with the Broncos, and I honestly think he's a good QB,and most importantly, a very good leader.
Well, we had one rookie starting and Ade Jimoh. Not any better, and possibly worse. Plus there were no other healthy corners on the roster, which means in multiple receiver formations safeties had to line up as corners. Plummer couldn't take advantage of this.As for the dropped passes, I would say the vast majority were thrown behind, above, or below where they should have been and that was the reason for the drops.

I think Plummer will hold your team back from really doing much of anything. He's just not very good.

I really was unimpressed by the Broncos. All week people were telling me how great they supposedly were, but they looked like an average team to me. With that said, the Skins just didn't execute on a few key plays and were the victims of 2 long runs. No excuses here: the Skins lost. But I remain very optimstic. If theres such thing as a "good win", then this was it, as there were a ton of positives to take from today's game.
:thumbdown: Way to give Denver props like you said you would. In the game thread, you said:"I'm going to have to run as soon as the game is over, but I'll be back(in the Skins thread) to give full credit to the Broncos if they hold on. "
sorry..I was on the run, and didn't think before typing. I just didn't want people to call me out for disappearing when my team lost, so I let everyone know that I'd be back. I'm sorry if you're not pleased that I wasn't impressed with the Broncos, but I can't change how I feel.

Well, we had one rookie starting and Ade Jimoh. Not any better, and possibly worse. Plus there were no other healthy corners on the roster, which means in multiple receiver formations safeties had to line up as corners. Plummer couldn't take advantage of this.As for the dropped passes, I would say the vast majority were thrown behind, above, or below where they should have been and that was the reason for the drops.

I think Plummer will hold your team back from really doing much of anything. He's just not very good.
Well, it's been nice arguing with you. No hard feelings. Agree to disagree?

We can check back in later in the season. If Plummer ends up holding the Broncos back (and I will admit it if I think he does), I'll concede to your greatness.

I'm not dismissing the result of this game at all: The Broncos won...fair and square. However, home field advantage is usually worth 3 points, so if Denver wins a home game by 2 that does not mean they are the better team as you conclude.

Again, let me repeat my viewpoint: Denver won this game. Lets make no mistake about that. I will not sit here and give excuses. However, just because a team wins a home game by 2 points does not mean they are better than the team they beat.

They always say the mark of a good team is to win games despite not playing that well. That appears to be the case with the Broncos in their win over the Redskins. As for who the better team is, I will predict that, barring any major injuries, that the Broncos will end up with more wins this season than the Redskins. Either way, the Redskins have already done better than I thought they would this season, so I will give them credit for that.

I was actually pretty impressed with the Skins yesterday. They kept plugging and making plays under the worst of conditions and were in position to put the game into overtime.Fans of the other 31 teams are gonna hate it if they're actually good this year. If you think the Patsy fans are whiny tools (and I don't, BTW), then ......................

Again, let me repeat my viewpoint: Denver won this game. Lets make no mistake about that. I will not sit here and give excuses. However, just because a team wins a home game by 2 points does not mean they are better than the team they beat.
I can say with complete confidence that WAS did not get DEN's "A" game yesterday - and DEN still managed to find a way to win. That's the mark of a good team.I will also say that I was impressed by WAS - and in particular their O-line. They gave Brunell enough time to pick apart the very inexperienced DEN CBs against a D-line that has been playing very well & controlling the LoS.It wouldn't surprise me to see WAS win the NFC East. They have a superb D, a solid running game, and now it looks like they are getting their passing game in order. They have a weakness on special teams, but the rest of the team looks strong.

I can say with complete confidence that WAS did not get DEN's "A" game yesterday - and DEN still managed to find a way to win. That's the mark of a good team.I will also say that I was impressed by WAS - and in particular their O-line. They gave Brunell enough time to pick apart the very inexperienced DEN CBs against a D-line that has been playing very well & controlling the LoS.

It wouldn't surprise me to see WAS win the NFC East. They have a superb D, a solid running game, and now it looks like they are getting their passing game in order. They have a weakness on special teams, but the rest of the team looks strong.
hard to disagree with anything you said.One thing though(and I'm not just talking to you here)....to all those using the "the mark of a good team is winning when you don't play well" line, do the Redskins also get to use that for their win over Dallas because I remember a lot of people syaing the Skins weren't a good team because of how "ugly" they won a few games.

I'm not dismissing the result of this game at all: The Broncos won...fair and square. However, home field advantage is usually worth 3 points, so if Denver wins a home game by 2 that does not mean they are the better team as you conclude.
LOL...so what does that say about the Skins beating the Bears by 2 week 1 and being tied with the Seahawks at the end of regulation last week? :potkettle:

LOL...so what does that say about the Skins beating the Bears by 2 week 1 and being tied with the Seahawks at the end of regulation last week? :potkettle:
When did I ever claim that their win over the Bears proved they were a better team or that their win over Seattle proved they were a better team?Now thats not to say that I don't think those things, but I never pointed to their close home wins as proof.

I still think Seattle is the better and was the better bet. It was a close game that easily could've gone either way. Seattle couldn't stop Washington on third down at the end and that was the difference in the game. If they had played another quarter then I think Seattle would've come out ahead.
My friend, you seem like a reasonable guy(not a homer of either team), but you are way off here. Go look at the stats. Washington killed them! Washington controlled the clock and the game. Score-wise, this was a 3pt OT win. However, it wasn't that close judging by the play by play charts and the stats.
Pair that with 'good teams win with home field advantage of 3 pts or better' and you're contradicting yourself.And now you're trying to claim the "the mark of a good team is winning when you don't play well" line for the Dallas win, yet saying the Broncos beating you by two big plays < the Skins beating the Cowboys by two big plays.

The Skins have two blocked FGs in back-to-back weeks. They continue to turn the ball over and the other team continues to capitalize on those errors. As long as those things continue to happen, they walk a tightrope between success/failure every week. This was the first week that penalties became a problem for them, and they paid for it.

The Broncos don't keep their game plan a well-kept secret. They're willing to run right at you for as long as it takes. Given the weather, they should have expected even more run plays. The Skins need to shut that down and force Plummer to beat them and make mistakes himself. He threw up a few poorly thrown passes that Skins players were in position to pick off, but didn't. That's why this defense needs to take it one level higher- take away their opponents' strengths and help the offense by forcing turnovers.

Racking up yards and controlling the clock doesn't do you much good if youare scoring field goals and the other team is scoring touchdowns. That is why Washington beat Dallas and why Denver beat Washington.

I still think Seattle is the better and was the better bet. It was a close game that easily could've gone either way. Seattle couldn't stop Washington on third down at the end and that was the difference in the game. If they had played another quarter then I think Seattle would've come out ahead.
My friend, you seem like a reasonable guy(not a homer of either team), but you are way off here. Go look at the stats. Washington killed them! Washington controlled the clock and the game. Score-wise, this was a 3pt OT win. However, it wasn't that close judging by the play by play charts and the stats.
Pair that with 'good teams win with home field advantage of 3 pts or better' and you're contradicting yourself.And now you're trying to claim the "the mark of a good team is winning when you don't play well" line for the Dallas win, yet saying the Broncos beating you by two big plays < the Skins beating the Cowboys by two big plays.

The Skins have two blocked FGs in back-to-back weeks. They continue to turn the ball over and the other team continues to capitalize on those errors. As long as those things continue to happen, they walk a tightrope between success/failure every week. This was the first week that penalties became a problem for them, and they paid for it.

The Broncos don't keep their game plan a well-kept secret. They're willing to run right at you for as long as it takes. Given the weather, they should have expected even more run plays. The Skins need to shut that down and force Plummer to beat them and make mistakes himself. He threw up a few poorly thrown passes that Skins players were in position to pick off, but didn't. That's why this defense needs to take it one level higher- take away their opponents' strengths and help the offense by forcing turnovers.
I never said "the mark of a good team is winning when you don't play well"...I simply asked if the people who are saying that about the Denver game would also agree with that logic on the Dallas game.

I never said "the mark of a good team is winning when you don't play well"...I simply asked if the people who are saying that about the Denver game would also agree with that logic on the Dallas game.
Where did Denver fail to accomplish what they set out to do? I'll give you that they failed to contain the Skins like they contained the Jags a week ago, but they still put up 165 yds rushing and time of possession was nearly equal. The Skins played better at the passing game, but given Denver's run-first philosophy and the weather, they didn't turn the ball over, they had fewer penalties (although they did have some bad ones on the final drive) and they converted in the red zone.

3-1 with a 2 point loss to the Broncos IN Denver in a game that could easily have gone either way, and probably should have been won by the Redskins. If you'd told me we'd be there when the season began, I would have said I'll take it. And I will.So now will people get off the jock of the Eagles (who haven't looked good at all this year) and the BENGALS!? I am amazed that people are actually surprised that the Bengals lost. People, they're the BENGALS. Get off their jock and give the Redskins the respect they deserve. At least we lost to the Broncos and not the Jets...

Where did Denver fail to accomplish what they set out to do? I'll give you that they failed to contain the Skins like they contained the Jags a week ago, but they still put up 165 yds rushing and time of possession was nearly equal. The Skins played better at the passing game, but given Denver's run-first philosophy and the weather, they didn't turn the ball over, they had fewer penalties (although they did have some bad ones on the final drive) and they converted in the red zone.
Where did I say that Denver failed to accomplish what they set out to do? They set out to win- and they did that...bottom line. Sure their passing game didn't look great, they might have been out hustled, and their D gave up a 95 yard drive with the game on the line, but that doesn't matter. As a Skins fan, I'm not happy at all with coming close. And all that matters is winning. The broncos did this..congrats to them.

Pair that with 'good teams win with home field advantage of 3 pts or better' and you're contradicting yourself.

And now you're trying to claim the "the mark of a good team is winning when you don't play well" line for the Dallas win, yet saying the Broncos beating you by two big plays < the Skins beating the Cowboys by two big plays.

Where did I say that Denver failed to accomplish what they set out to do? They set out to win- and they did that...bottom line. Sure their passing game didn't look great, they might have been out hustled, and their D gave up a 95 yard drive with the game on the line, but that doesn't matter. As a Skins fan, I'm not happy at all with coming close. And all that matters is winning. The broncos did this..congrats to them.
After the game ended, you did nothing but discredit the Broncos effort. Your argument was that Plummer looked bad and the receivers were dropping passes. They might not have played up to your expectations, but their offense isn't run like the Skins- they come out prepared to run and that's what they did.NOW you're giving them credit for the win, conditionally if the Broncos fans credit the Skins win over the Cowboys- but you're failing to recognize that it wasn't just two plays that beat the Skins yesterday. It was adapting to the conditions on the field, sticking with Denver's strengths with running the ball, playing tough on field position in the 3rd quarter and early 4th quarter, and not turning the ball over which secured the win. The Broncos never trailed in this game- the Skins trailed for 56 minutes of their game w/ the Cowboys.

Good game. I can't say I'm too upset about losing in Denver. That's a tough place to win. The Skins had their chances but couldn't capitalize.Denver won because they protected the ball. The Redskins have now gone through four games with a total of 2 turnovers forced and four sacks. They need to start making some plays or they'll lose a few more like this one.And, that may have been the tuck rule, but the ball went backwards. Tuck or not, that's a fumble when it goes backwards.

Man watching the Redskins highlights on their site, those two long scampers by Tatum Bell hurt. I am telling you, Lavar Arrington needs to be in there.Regardless, Redskins fought well and made it a close game and I think it was a good loss.

Man watching the Redskins highlights on their site, those two long scampers by Tatum Bell h
:confused: Don't get me wrong, I want to see Lavar on the field too, but defending against a scat back is easily the weakest part of his game. He gets way out of position way too often. He's better suited for pass rush or short-yardage situations.

3 Denver Broncos

At 4-1, they have to feel pretty good about their start. They do have to play better than they did against the Redskins, who actually handled them in losing.
6 Washington Redskins

They outplayed Denver in every area except for the scoreboard. This team might be better than we all thought.
Hey, I didn't say it, so don't shoot the messenger.LINK

After the game ended, you did nothing but discredit the Broncos effort. Your argument was that Plummer looked bad and the receivers were dropping passes.
I think you seriously have me mixed up with another poster...go back and re-read the threads because you're totally wrong.

After the game ended, you did nothing but discredit the Broncos effort. Your argument was that Plummer looked bad and the receivers were dropping passes.
I think you seriously have me mixed up with another poster...go back and re-read the threads because you're totally wrong.
My bad- that was Babu. Your wanting to compare that win to the game against the Cowboys was what made me think it was you.I wouldn't call quoting articles on CBS Sportsline strengthening your cause. What's next- quoting Peter King?

After the game ended, you did nothing but discredit the Broncos effort.  Your argument was that Plummer looked bad and the receivers were dropping passes. 
My bad- that was Babu. Your wanting to compare that win to the game against the Cowboys was what made me think it was you.I wouldn't call quoting articles on CBS Sportsline strengthening your cause. What's next- quoting Peter King?
What cause am I trying to strengthen? Seriously...you are arguing with yourself here! Whatever you think it is that I'm trying to say about the Broncos game, I'm not!

The comment about Sportsline wasn't as much about you as it was about them. They're second only to CNN/SI in not looking at the whole picture when hyping a particular player or team.

Is Portis ever going to score a TD? He keeps putting up good enough yardage numbers for me to be starting him week in/week out, but I'd like to see a TD out of a "top" RB once in awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread