What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hairston released... (1 Viewer)

Not mentioned was the fact that Hairston was placed on the PUP list on July 24th, indicating that he was either in no shape to participate in camp or that he has a pretty significant injury. Talent-wise I love the kid and what he brings to the table. I still would say he ends up making a roster before the regular season begins and have to think that New Orleans would be a potential suitor. If he learns to protect the ball he certainly has the potential to be an impact player.

nshelat1 said:
Talent-wise I love the kid and what he brings to the table. I still would say he ends up making a roster before the regular season begins and have to think that New Orleans would be a potential suitor. If he learns to protect the ball he certainly has the potential to be an impact player.
Out of curiosity, how many players do you running backs drafted in 07 do you love talent wise and think have the potential to be impact players?

nshelat1 said:
Not mentioned was the fact that Hairston was placed on the PUP list on July 24th, indicating that he was either in no shape to participate in camp or that he has a pretty significant injury. Talent-wise I love the kid and what he brings to the table. I still would say he ends up making a roster before the regular season begins and have to think that New Orleans would be a potential suitor. If he learns to protect the ball he certainly has the potential to be an impact player.
This is a guy who couldn't beat out Brian Leonard for the starting tailback position at Rutgers. Brian entered Rutgers as a linebacker/fullback at the same time as Hairston, but wound up switching to tailback because Hairston wasn't that good. His production declined every year until he became expendable when Ray Rice came in. He then goes to CCSU, runs wild over inferior competition, and puts up similar numbers to Leonard's combine numbers on his pro day. He's the poor man's Chris Henry. Alot of hype about numbers, but he couldn't cut it on the Division 1 level. He then gets drafted by Scott Pioli a fellow CCSU grad, and he cuts him before training camp starts. Now this may just be a roster move to sign someone else, and they will bring him back, but since he had alot of questions about his work ethic, and was suspended at least once at Rutgers for disciplinary reasons, he may have quickly worn out his welcome.My guess is he winds up back in Jersey as a training camp body for the Giants, and maybe winds up on their practice squad. To say he's a potential impact player is really wishful thinking of someone who probably drafted him onto his dynasty team. But take it from a Rutgers season ticket holder, he's not good.

nshelat1 said:
Talent-wise I love the kid and what he brings to the table. I still would say he ends up making a roster before the regular season begins and have to think that New Orleans would be a potential suitor. If he learns to protect the ball he certainly has the potential to be an impact player.
Out of curiosity, how many players do you running backs drafted in 07 do you love talent wise and think have the potential to be impact players?
Exactly. Just like death and taxes, summer in the Shark Pool = hundreds of recent late round draft picks and undrafted FAs being hyped like crazy.I understand the value of scraping the bottom of the barrel for talent for those in dynasty leagues with huge rosters, but for 99% of us anyone not drafted in the first 3 rounds is virtually useless from a fantasy standpoint.

here is a quote from me on what I thought of this subject a few months ago in a different thread. Some EXPERTS were pushing him ahead of K Irons. :thumbup:

"I would bet 100 - 1 odds that Hairston would be more likely to be cut then he will to make the probowl, there for I think it is very off to recomend him over more "legit" players."

Damn this is the worst result of a search i ever had

Wanted to see how he was doing in training camp, find out i have to cut him too

here is a quote from me on what I thought of this subject a few months ago in a different thread. Some EXPERTS were pushing him ahead of K Irons. :unsure: "I would bet 100 - 1 odds that Hairston would be more likely to be cut then he will to make the probowl, there for I think it is very off to recomend him over more "legit" players."
:cool: @ bragging because you predicted that a 6th round RB from a small school was more likely to be cut than make the Pro Bowl. Bold call! :lmao:

Rookies that get cut in training camp get removed from my boards. I don't care if he does sign on with someone else.

Most 6th rounders are usually only on my boards thanks to friggin' TD, Jamal and Priest anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
here is a quote from me on what I thought of this subject a few months ago in a different thread. Some EXPERTS were pushing him ahead of K Irons. :goodposting: "I would bet 100 - 1 odds that Hairston would be more likely to be cut then he will to make the probowl, there for I think it is very off to recomend him over more "legit" players."
WOW, you are the man !! :goodposting:

here is a quote from me on what I thought of this subject a few months ago in a different thread. Some EXPERTS were pushing him ahead of K Irons. :goodposting: "I would bet 100 - 1 odds that Hairston would be more likely to be cut then he will to make the probowl, there for I think it is very off to recomend him over more "legit" players."
:rolleyes: @ bragging because you predicted that a 6th round RB from a small school was more likely to be cut than make the Pro Bowl. Bold call! :lmao:
I would say laying 100 -1 odds is saying something more than just "likely." The fact is SOMEBODY was saying that they honestly thought that he was a better option than other backs that were drafted in the 2nd- 3rd rounds of the NFL draft. I called B.S. on this and was repremanded by one of the MODS. I thought it was irresponsible at the time to give such a strong buy recomendation on him, and if it were in the actual pay portion of site than I would have probably had a bigger problem with the site for letting it on as alleged useful info. I also stated earlie in that same thread that it seems like he was being pimped so that if the 1 - 1,000,000 shot that he is productive that person could come off as a genius, and if he doesn't than it would be an O WELL sort of thing. But it didn't happen like that. He was being portrayed as a borderline 1st round rookie draft pick, and people were being told to drink the Kool-Aid on this kid over guys like K Irons.

Hairston cleared wiavers, was re-signed by NE and placed on IR

per Scout.com

from Rotoworld: "Scout.com's Adam Caplan reports the Patriots have re-signed RB Justise Hairston (hamstring) and placed him on season-ending injured reserve. Hairston will be stashed until next season. If he picks up the offense in '08 camp, the big back may battle for the role Sammy Morris will fill in 2007."

Hairston cleared wiavers, was re-signed by NE and placed on IR

per Scout.com

from Rotoworld: "Scout.com's Adam Caplan reports the Patriots have re-signed RB Justise Hairston (hamstring) and placed him on season-ending injured reserve. Hairston will be stashed until next season. If he picks up the offense in '08 camp, the big back may battle for the role Sammy Morris will fill in 2007."
Value = 0. It was good knowning ye.

Users who are viewing this thread