What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Much Voter Fraud Happened In 2020? (2 Viewers)

How much voter fraud do you think happened in 2020?

• I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the outcome.

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the outcome.

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a real impact

Votes: 65 13.7%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impact at all

Votes: 269 56.9%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the outcome.

Votes: 26 5.5%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the outcome.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a real impact

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impact at all

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the ou

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a re

Votes: 20 4.2%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impac

Votes: 18 3.8%

• Total voters
Osaurus said:
This is the only account I have ever ignored in all my years here. 
I have nothing against him (mainly because I stopped reading his posts almost immediately so I have no clue what he's typing).  It's too burdensome.  I don't need to put him on ignore though - easy enough just to scroll down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have nothing against him (mainly because I stopped reading his posts almost immediately so I have no clue what he's typing).  It's too burdensome.  I don't need to put him on ignore though - easy enough just to scroll down.
Me too.   If you want to have a discussion that's fine but most of the posts are too long and convoluted to be bothered with.  I just scroll right by them

Maurile Tremblay said:
Maurile Tremblay said:
The sample of Powell's work that I've seen from the last few weeks, even accounting for time constraints, has not been impressive. (Quite an understatement.)
Thread:

https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1333980373060087811
He keeps saying Powel and Lin are "dumb," but I think that misses the point.  If you assume they are trying to win their case as expeditiously and efficiently as possible, as would be a safe assumption in most cases of legal representation, he's correct - they seem very dumb.  But if you understand that they are not employed by the Trump campaign or anyone else looking at the bottom line, and that their work is funded by gullible donors who don't understand the legal process, and that their personal financial interests are best served by burning through the cash they've raised as quickly as possible, it all makes sense.  The risk they face is ending up on the wrong end of a lawsuit like this group.  If you assume their interest is purely driven by personal financial gain, it makes perfect sense that they would file frivolous interlocutory appeals that temporarily stay the underlying case to keep their staff billing round the clock, and try to work this thing as hard as they can in as many different venues as possible for as long as they can.  It is possible all these cases will be moot in a week or two, so they have to get there's while the gettin is good.

What did the President think was going to happen? That all he had to do was "call lawyers" and reversing the election results would be a trivial matter?
I've had clients like this before. They believe their own bull#### and that their case is bulletproof. And then, when you go to court and get your ### kicked because the case sucked, they get pissed at you.

The key is being honest with your client at the beginning. And letting them know it sucks. I reckon Rudy hasn't done that.
Assuming that talk never takes place.

Sometimes what is said in a 1000 characters would be best said in none.

An Asian man brought in ballots to be counted? Stop the presses, this is a National emergency. There’s no way any sane elector can vote to put Biden in office now. 

Combine the Asian guy with ballots with the tall black guy in Detroit and we don’t just have a smoking gun, we have the bullet, finger prints and DNA. Slam dunk election fraud case here. 

He keeps saying Powel and Lin are "dumb," but I think that misses the point.  If you assume they are trying to win their case as expeditiously and efficiently as possible, as would be a safe assumption in most cases of legal representation, he's correct - they seem very dumb.  But if you understand that they are not employed by the Trump campaign or anyone else looking at the bottom line, and that their work is funded by gullible donors who don't understand the legal process, and that their personal financial interests are best served by burning through the cash they've raised as quickly as possible, it all makes sense.  The risk they face is ending up on the wrong end of a lawsuit like this group.  If you assume their interest is purely driven by personal financial gain, it makes perfect sense that they would file frivolous interlocutory appeals that temporarily stay the underlying case to keep their staff billing round the clock, and try to work this thing as hard as they can in as many different venues as possible for as long as they can.  It is possible all these cases will be moot in a week or two, so they have to get there's while the gettin is good.
This is seeming more and more correct. Either Powell and Wood are the absolute worst lawyers to ever live (I’m not ruling it out), or this is all just a total con and they’re fleecing people and just knowingly filing the most garbage lawsuits possible.

Fun new Twitter thread

This is seeming more and more correct. Either Powell and Wood are the absolute worst lawyers to ever live (I’m not ruling it out), or this is all just a total con and they’re fleecing people and just knowingly filing the most garbage lawsuits possible.

Fun new Twitter thread
Someone on twitter pointed out that the website for Powell's "legal defense fund" (https://defendingtherepublic.org/) directs "donors" to write checks directly to her law firm ("If you prefer to send a check, please make payable to: Sidney Powell, PC. Address: 10130 Northlake Blvd. #214342, West Palm Beach, Florida 33412")  When asked, she claimed these funds are "being held in trust" while they work around the clock to fight corruption.  https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1334153875796922369/photo/1

This seems bad.

Someone on twitter pointed out that the website for Powell's "legal defense fund" (https://defendingtherepublic.org/) directs "donors" to write checks directly to her law firm ("If you prefer to send a check, please make payable to: Sidney Powell, PC. Address: 10130 Northlake Blvd. #214342, West Palm Beach, Florida 33412")  When asked, she claimed these funds are "being held in trust" while they work around the clock to fight corruption.  https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1334153875796922369/photo/1

This seems bad.
You know, if this woman was a doctor, somebody would have restrained her in a straight jacket and led her far away from patients for gross malpractice.  Is there not some sort of legal swat team that can put an end do this feckless behavior?

Thank you for posting this.  This honestly makes a lot more sense than what people are claiming.

:lmao:  

So Powell filed a draft motion “accidentally” in Wisconsin when filing for a TRO and, shocking I know, didn’t comply with the basics of a request for a TRO. So now, the defendants are not even required to file a response until AFTER the electoral college has met.

Link
I love this quote:

"Just an amazing pattern of lawyers showing up with what they say are the most important cases ever filed and botching the basics. Even the President's lawyers screwed up the everyday rules for suing people. These are the mistakes you see when prisoners represent themselves."

I love this quote:

"Just an amazing pattern of lawyers showing up with what they say are the most important cases ever filed and botching the basics. Even the President's lawyers screwed up the everyday rules for suing people. These are the mistakes you see when prisoners represent themselves."
:lmao:

This gong show is hard to not watch.  Feels like rubbernecking one of those Trump Flotillas where the boats started sinking.

Fun new Twitter thread
There's a short con and a long con here, imo. The short con is to generate as many donations as possible, with a sense of urgency placed upon donations received before Congress certifies the election on January 6th.

The long con is much more dangerous, though. Trump, with assistance from Giuliani, Powell, and the rest of the gang, is laying the groundwork to instigate 4 years of civil unrest on a scale that we haven't seen since the '60s. Time will tell if the unrest leads to people taking to the streets, but in the very least it will lead to further mistrust of institutional norms. Sure, there have always been fringe elements that have attempted to sow mistrust in the government and in elected officials; but what Trump is attempting to do, imo, is to extend the mistrust to institutions which we've always considered to be sacred. Trump isn't just sowing mistrust in government; he's sowing mistrust in the very laws which allow that government to operate.

If you thought four years of "But Benghazi!" and "But Uranium One!" were bad, just wait until January. It's gonna get worse.

I love this quote:

I feel like Trump's representatives are using Mad Libs, Lawyer Edition.

Trump's former campaign manager Brad Parscale said he planned to capitalize on baseless fears about mass voter fraud

President Donald Trump's former campaign manager Brad Parscale, who was removed from his role in July, said in a lengthy Fox News interview that the Trump campaign planned to capitalize on baseless fears about "rampant voter fraud" in the 2020 election. 

Parscale claimed that he devised a plan to have "lawyers everywhere" monitoring polling places across the country and somehow preventing voter fraud on Election Day. 

"In April of 2019, I sat down with my team, and I said, let's come up with the biggest Election Day operation ever, because voter fraud is going to be rampant," Parscale told Fox. "If it's not going to be rampant, everyone's going to think it's rampant. Or they're going to game it." 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/trump-aide-brad-parscale-says-campaign-failed-to-monitor-voter-fraud-2020-12%3famp

Wisconsin Federal Judge Picks Apart Sidney Powell and Lin Wood’s Lawsuit in ‘Brutal’ Order

JERRY LAMBE DEC 2, 2020 2:20 PM

Because the afternoon motion indicates that the plaintiffs ‘will’ provide electronic notice to the adverse parties, the court does not know whether the plaintiffs have yet provided notice to the adverse parties or when they will do so,” Pepper wrote. “While the caption of the motion includes the word ‘emergency’ and the attached proposed order seeks an ‘expedited’ injunction, neither the motion nor the proposed order indicate whether the plaintiffs are asking the court to act more quickly or why. As indicated, the motion does not request a hearing. It does not propose a briefing schedule.”

Thus, under the court’s rules, the defendants have up to 21 days to respond to the complaint, meaning a response isn’t required until a week after the Electoral College votes President-elect Joe Biden into office.

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/wisconsin-federal-judge-picks-apart-sidney-powell-and-lin-woods-lawsuit-in-brutal-order/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Wisconsin Federal Judge Picks Apart Sidney Powell and Lin Wood’s Lawsuit in ‘Brutal’ Order

Because the afternoon motion indicates that the plaintiffs ‘will’ provide electronic notice to the adverse parties, the court does not know whether the plaintiffs have yet provided notice to the adverse parties or when they will do so,” Pepper wrote. “While the caption of the motion includes the word ‘emergency’ and the attached proposed order seeks an ‘expedited’ injunction, neither the motion nor the proposed order indicate whether the plaintiffs are asking the court to act more quickly or why. As indicated, the motion does not request a hearing. It does not propose a briefing schedule.”

Thus, under the court’s rules, the defendants have up to 21 days to respond to the complaint, meaning a response isn’t required until a week after the Electoral College votes President-elect Joe Biden into office.

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/wisconsin-federal-judge-picks-apart-sidney-powell-and-lin-woods-lawsuit-in-brutal-order/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Pepper is an excellent judge. Former prosecutor and criminal defense lawyer, then became a bankruptcy judge in the E.D. Wisconsin, and later moved to the District Court - upstairs in the same building.  She was the chief bankruptcy judge and is now Chief judge for the Eastern District. She's a good writer.  Short and direct, no messing around, makes it clear they will have to play by the rules in her court.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/18702085/7/feehan-v-wisconsin-elections-commission/

I know the Trump supporters won't listen,  but you guys should be furious at Trump and his legal team for being so bad at being lawyers.  Their work has been grotesquely unprofessional.  They deserve the jokes made about them its been so bad.  If the election was truly a fraud and there needed to be an investigation and legal challenge then they have been the absolute wrong team,  the absolute worst team,  and they have lied to all of you about what they say they know how to do. 

Their filings and arguments here are going to be the stuff of law school exams for decades.  And not in a good way.  

Pepper is an excellent judge. Former prosecutor and criminal defense lawyer, then became a bankruptcy judge in the E.D. Wisconsin, and later moved to the District Court - upstairs in the same building.  She was the chief bankruptcy judge and is now Chief judge for the Eastern District. She's a good writer.  Short and direct, no messing around, makes it clear they will have to play by the rules in her court.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/18702085/7/feehan-v-wisconsin-elections-commission/
And she just filed a notice of appearance to the same court where all of the fillable spots on the PDF were left completely blank. In other words, a notice of appearance with exactly zero actual information on it to a judge that already crushed them this morning for filing garbage.

Link

Total 🤡 show.

And she just filed a notice of appearance to the same court where all of the fillable spots on the PDF were left completely blank. In other words, a notice of appearance with exactly zero actual information on it to a judge that already crushed them this morning for filing garbage.

Link

Total 🤡 show.
I just saw this on Pacer.  This is well past a few honest mistakes that anyone could make, and is into the realm of bizarre.  I don't know why any lawyer would think they should file a Notice of Appearance a day after filing the complaint, a motion, and briefs. It serves no purpose. Its bad enough she had to amend her pleadings later on the same day she filed the case, and still got it all wrong.  The fact they followed that up on day 2 by accidently filing a blank form, with all the country watching, is really hard to comprehend.

I think Powell is playing 12D Chess here... she's being  pitifully inept on purpose so a judge finally gets tired of her, holds her in contempt and basically shuts her down.  Then, she can go to the public and say that the Deep State has put the kibosh on her.  She knows most average Americans won't look at her (on purpose) mistakes...so she'll look like a victim of a Shadow Government.  

I just saw this on Pacer.  This is well past a few honest mistakes that anyone could make, and is into the realm of bizarre.  I don't know why any lawyer would think they should file a Notice of Appearance a day after filing the complaint, a motion, and briefs. It serves no purpose. Its bad enough she had to amend her pleadings later on the same day she filed the case, and still got it all wrong.  The fact they followed that up on day 2 by accidently filing a blank form, with all the country watching, is really hard to comprehend.
Could there be a substance abuse problem at play here?

Does anyone know anything about Powell prior to this? I'm presuming she has been a somewhat reputable lawyer in the past. I don't fully understand all the errors, but filing a blank document to a court..... I'm starting to believe some of the speculation that she is doing it on purpose. 

I think Powell is playing 12D Chess here... she's being  pitifully inept on purpose so a judge finally gets tired of her, holds her in contempt and basically shuts her down.  Then, she can go to the public and say that the Deep State has put the kibosh on her.  She knows most average Americans won't look at her (on purpose) mistakes...so she'll look like a victim of a Shadow Government.  
If true then it is sickening to see an American citizen willing to mess with their country just for money. 

I guess the Hannity’s and Limbaugh’s of the world have been doing it for years so why the hell not I suppose. 

sad

Straight cash homey. 
I get the grift aspect. But wouldn't this be more effective if her filings looked a tad more legitimate - not egregiously disregarding the space bar, spelling and grammar mistakes, missing attachments, and documents that are outright blank or supposedly drafts?

I think I'm back to drunk-filing being the most reasonable explanation.

I get the grift aspect. But wouldn't this be more effective if her filings looked a tad more legitimate - not egregiously disregarding the space bar, spelling and grammar mistakes, missing attachments, and documents that are outright blank or supposedly drafts?

The people paying her aren't holding her accountable / don't care / also know it's all b.s. They're cool with it as long as she's working their agenda. In other words, the goal isn't to bring / win cases - the goal is to maintain an endless barrage of fear / uncertainty / doubt that resonates with their credulous support demographic. Vacuous allegations and filings do that nicely.

Sound vaguely familiar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Straight cash homey. 

The more time she spends in court, the less time she can spend raising funds. She has a financial incentive to get tossed early.

The people paying her aren't holding her accountable / don't care / also know it's all b.s. They're cool with it as long as she's working their agenda. In other words, the goal isn't to bring / win cases - the goal is to maintain an endless barrage of fear / uncertainty / doubt that resonates with their credulous support demographic. Vacuous allegations and filings do that nicely.

Sound vaguely familiar?
Wait a minute, "Sidney Powell" is an anagram for "Donald Trump"!! 

Powell is dragging this out and making mistakes and extreme claims to keep it in the news. That keeps the donations coming into Trump and makes her a hero of his supporters. She will be paid well for her efforts and transition into a legal expert on a Trumpy network.

Users who are viewing this thread