What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***hyper/active 2 dynasty drafts*** (1 Viewer)

TOOK CALVIN JOHNSON 2.4

WHY?

Well he was my target all alone at 3.2 pick i got but i have learned in dynasty drafts....Get what you want or else risk the risk of not beiing able to ever deal for them, I learned this last year with Reggie Bush.

But when i saw AP who went 1.6 go that high i figured i was in a league with Owners that may take chances, and I like CJ talents as mush as anyone in the NFL, and then he's on a team that got FURREY 90+ rec's...That plus PPR and YOUTH equates to my 2.4 pick for me.

I have 8 picks in the top 50 and really wasnt thrilled with Mcgahee SA Benson Caddy or DWILL at the 2.4 pick, and i knew CJ wouldnt make it to 3.2 so therefore this is the route i took.

MAJOR MAJOR GAMBLE though, one of my way out there gambles. But when im dead set on something, then thats what i do...

TOOK CALVIN JOHNSON 2.4WHY?Well he was my target all alone at 3.2 pick i got but i have learned in dynasty drafts....Get what you want or else risk the risk of not beiing able to ever deal for them, I learned this last year with Reggie Bush.But when i saw AP who went 1.6 go that high i figured i was in a league with Owners that may take chances, and I like CJ talents as mush as anyone in the NFL, and then he's on a team that got FURREY 90+ rec's...That plus PPR and YOUTH equates to my 2.4 pick for me. I have 8 picks in the top 50 and really wasnt thrilled with Mcgahee SA Benson Caddy or DWILL at the 2.4 pick, and i knew CJ wouldnt make it to 3.2 so therefore this is the route i took.MAJOR MAJOR GAMBLE though, one of my way out there gambles. But when im dead set on something, then thats what i do...
:banned: was waiting for a backup to the pick

How can someone not DOGG the pick, I know i will get SLAMMED by most btu anyone that knows me know how i am about people.

LOL I once killed a deal for LT or LJ over MORECNY, when i say he's my guy and i dont wanna move him IM NOT moving him.

Anyway, back to my drafting theory.

When i saw AP go 1.6 it let me know. I ask myself how would i feel if i didnt get a player i coveted....mind you i didnt have a 1st rounder thus i didnt land a TOP dynasty rb. I was left to choose from the OK guys. Kinda sucks when you dont LOVE your dynasty team and just have players thats oK but not your guys.

So thats what made me take CJ higher than i wanted. Then his measurables are OFF THE CHARTS, and the team he went too is another PLUS. Ive heard " a fitzgerald clone AMPED UP" So i saw...Take HIM, FITZ or S.SMITH.

FITZ is a great pick...(but CJ is a clone w/ more speed and in a arguebly better passing off)

S.SMith (great ppr wr to me and the #1 WR IMO, but they just got D.Carr who sucks...those 2 yards passes are too tuff and he dont read his reads well. I know Jake the QB but im basing my pick off now and in the future) Plus the AGE factor here.

Anyway, i did the fool and took a MAJOR gamble...let me see if i can build around it where it doesnt look so bad.

How can someone not DOGG the pick, I know i will get SLAMMED by most btu anyone that knows me know how i am about people. LOL I once killed a deal for LT or LJ over MORECNY, when i say he's my guy and i dont wanna move him IM NOT moving him. Anyway, back to my drafting theory.When i saw AP go 1.6 it let me know. I ask myself how would i feel if i didnt get a player i coveted....mind you i didnt have a 1st rounder thus i didnt land a TOP dynasty rb. I was left to choose from the OK guys. Kinda sucks when you dont LOVE your dynasty team and just have players thats oK but not your guys. So thats what made me take CJ higher than i wanted. Then his measurables are OFF THE CHARTS, and the team he went too is another PLUS. Ive heard " a fitzgerald clone AMPED UP" So i saw...Take HIM, FITZ or S.SMITH.FITZ is a great pick...(but CJ is a clone w/ more speed and in a arguebly better passing off)S.SMith (great ppr wr to me and the #1 WR IMO, but they just got D.Carr who sucks...those 2 yards passes are too tuff and he dont read his reads well. I know Jake the QB but im basing my pick off now and in the future) Plus the AGE factor here. Anyway, i did the fool and took a MAJOR gamble...let me see if i can build around it where it doesnt look so bad.
UCB,I respect the fact that you don't follow the herd mentality that's the norm around here. Good luck on assembling your team of your type of players.Id

Quick thoughts:

RBs continue to be overrated in this league. Unless you get a Jackson, Westbrook, LT, LJ, or Gore, you're much better off with an elite WR than a marginal RB (Addai, Portis, Rudi, Ronnie, Maroney, etc).

I love the value of Larry Fitz after guys like Ronnie Brown, Laurence Maroney, and Rudi Johnson. This isn't a league that requires the hoarding of RBs. There's really no need to reach for those guys when you can take a WR who will outscore them.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the Calvin Johnson pick:

I'm all for taking a chance on a young player when you think he's a great one. I took Bush in this league at 1.03 last year and I'm very happy I did. But the risk of Johnson at 2.04 is tremendous. The only way he can justify that pick is if he becomes Randy Moss. I wouldn't bet against it, but I'm not sure it's a very smart pick with Holt, Boldin, and Chad still staring you in the face.

Quick thoughts:

RBs continue to be overrated in this league. Unless you get a Jackson, Westbrook, LT, LJ, or Gore, you're much better off with an elite WR than a marginal RB (Addai, Portis, Rudi, Ronnie, Maroney, etc).

I love the value of Larry Fitz after guys like Ronnie Brown, Laurence Maroney, and Rudi Johnson. This isn't a league that requires the hoarding of RBs. There's really no need to reach for those guys when you can take a WR who will outscore them.
You forgot your main man Reggie Bush!

On the Calvin Johnson pick:I'm all for taking a chance on a young player when you think he's a great one. I took Bush in this league at 1.03 last year and I'm very happy I did. But the risk of Johnson at 2.04 is tremendous. The only way he can justify that pick is if he becomes Randy Moss. I wouldn't bet against it, but I'm not sure it's a very smart pick with Holt, Boldin, and Chad still staring you in the face.
Yeah you right EBF, and even more right about the rb's that arent elite. When looking at the scoring output last year those rb's that arent ELITE are less productive than the ELITE wr's in PPR. Thats kinda why i passed on alot of rb's that was left for me at 2.4. I should have a team i like if no one else likes it though. :kicksrock:

Quick thoughts:

You forgot your main man Reggie Bush!
Woops. Yea, Bush is obviously included in that group.

On the Calvin Johnson pick:I'm all for taking a chance on a young player when you think he's a great one. I took Bush in this league at 1.03 last year and I'm very happy I did. But the risk of Johnson at 2.04 is tremendous. The only way he can justify that pick is if he becomes Randy Moss. I wouldn't bet against it, but I'm not sure it's a very smart pick with Holt, Boldin, and Chad still staring you in the face.
Yeah you right EBF, and even more right about the rb's that arent elite. When looking at the scoring output last year those rb's that arent ELITE are less productive than the ELITE wr's in PPR. Thats kinda why i passed on alot of rb's that was left for me at 2.4. I should have a team i like if no one else likes it though. :kicksrock:
The teams that did best in the first version of this league had 1-2 stud RBs, so there's certainly something to be said for having a great back or two. Where I think teams mess up is when they pass on guys like Fitzgerald for guys like Rudi. Rudi isn't a bad player, but there's no reason to take him over the top dynasty WR. Fitz will outscore him indefinitely (assuming good health). After the top 5-6 guys, the advantage of RBs vs. WRs in this format becomes pretty slim.

seems im not alone in my thinking, found this dynasty draft where CJ went the #1 wr off the board as well....(insane)

1.01 1. Leaky Enchiladas Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB Mon Apr 30 9:15:15 a.m. ET 2007

1.02 2. Vatican City Antichrists Jackson, Steven STL RB Mon Apr 30 11:38:59 a.m. ET 2007

1.03 3. Grinnell Pioneers Johnson, Larry KCC RB Mon Apr 30 11:38:59 a.m. ET 2007 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

1.04 4. The Football Experts Bush, Reggie NOS RB Mon Apr 30 12:12:18 p.m. ET 2007

1.05 5. Your Worst Nightmare Gore, Frank SFO RB Mon Apr 30 4:26:48 p.m. ET 2007 Moved up to get him and couldn't be happier!!

1.06 6. For Sale: Used Sex Toys. Addai, Joseph IND RB Mon Apr 30 4:26:48 p.m. ET 2007 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

1.07 7. ebolacolas Maroney, Laurence NEP RB Mon Apr 30 11:51:45 p.m. ET 2007

1.08 8. the Dead Rabbits Brown, Ronnie MIA RB Tue May 1 12:57:46 a.m. ET 2007

1.09 9. Grinnell Pioneers Manning, Peyton IND QB Tue May 1 2:11:59 a.m. ET 2007

1.10 10. jackal Peterson, Adrian MIN RB Tue May 1 2:11:59 a.m. ET 2007 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

1.11 11. Knights of Prosperity Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB Tue May 1 2:16:26 a.m. ET 2007

1.12 12. Velvet Elvis Westbrook, Brian PHI RB Tue May 1 2:16:26 a.m. ET 2007 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

2.01 13. ebolacolas Parker, Willie PIT RB Tue May 1 10:46:08 a.m. ET 2007

2.02 14. Your Worst Nightmare Portis, Clinton WAS RB Tue May 1 1:34:03 p.m. ET 2007 Can't believe he fell to this spot in the 1st place, happy to move up to get him!!

2.03 15. jackal Johnson, Calvin DET WR Tue May 1 1:34:03 p.m. ET 2007 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

2.04 16. the Dead Rabbits McGahee, Willis BAL RB Tue May 1 3:58:34 p.m. ET 2007

2.05 17. Knights of Prosperity Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR Tue May 1 3:59:37 p.m. ET 2007

2.06 18. Bloodstained Hurricane Johnson, Chad CIN WR Tue May 1 7:24:09 p.m. ET 2007

2.07 19. For Sale: Used Sex Toys. Smith, Steve CAR WR Tue May 1 8:14:13 p.m.

I'm one of the precious few that like Boldin better than Fitz in PPR leagues

I'm one of the precious few that like Boldin better than Fitz in PPR leagues
Can't argue too much with that. Boldin is a beast.

another RB run coming soon.

VMS hasn't been online for 3+ hours so I'm guessing we're done for the night

I took Maroney at 1.08 because I honestly believe he's top-5 for dynasty, given talent, team, situation, age. Had I gone WR at that point, I'd be looking at RB15 with my 2nd pick, and that would have entailed either a lot more age or question marks.

I'm blown away I was able to get my #2 WR, Smith CAR, with the 17th pick. I prefer him slightly over Chad (less competition for catches), and at 28 he has several highly productive years ahead with little non-injury downside. With 1RB and 2WR required (plus flex), the VBD comparison with the RBs still here made this pick a no-brainer. I'm not one to go QB this early, even Manning, so I'm very happy getting Smith here. It couldn't have worked out better.

TOOK CALVIN JOHNSON 2.4WHY?Well he was my target all alone at 3.2 pick i got but i have learned in dynasty drafts....Get what you want or else risk the risk of not beiing able to ever deal for them, I learned this last year with Reggie Bush.But when i saw AP who went 1.6 go that high i figured i was in a league with Owners that may take chances, and I like CJ talents as mush as anyone in the NFL, and then he's on a team that got FURREY 90+ rec's...That plus PPR and YOUTH equates to my 2.4 pick for me. I have 8 picks in the top 50 and really wasnt thrilled with Mcgahee SA Benson Caddy or DWILL at the 2.4 pick, and i knew CJ wouldnt make it to 3.2 so therefore this is the route i took.MAJOR MAJOR GAMBLE though, one of my way out there gambles. But when im dead set on something, then thats what i do...
I think it was tough to draft Calvin over an experienced but still very young Larry Fitzgerald. I dogged the Cardinals WR last week but I think Fitz is obviously more ready to put the numbers up you want. When you draft a WR that high you expect 1,500 and 12-15 TD...that is what you are shooting for...not sure you got that there...not at 1st. I think taking CJ that high when you could have maybe moved up from 3.02 to end of the 2nd and secured him could be a mistake. All that said, I love Calvin Johnson and am happy for you because you got who you wanted.

Quick thoughts: RBs continue to be overrated in this league. Unless you get a Jackson, Westbrook, LT, LJ, or Gore, you're much better off with an elite WR than a marginal RB (Addai, Portis, Rudi, Ronnie, Maroney, etc). I love the value of Larry Fitz after guys like Ronnie Brown, Laurence Maroney, and Rudi Johnson. This isn't a league that requires the hoarding of RBs. There's really no need to reach for those guys when you can take a WR who will outscore them.
Hey EBF, I know you can take it so I am going to lay this out.We have to start 1 RB, 2WR, and 2 Flex with 1PPR...now Chad Johnson may or may not outscore Joseph Addai...but that isn't the point. I am matching Addai(I happen to have taken him) against Ronnie Brown, Clinton Portis, FWP, Rudi Johnson...other teams must start 1 RB...and quite a few will want to start 2 RB.Also the inconsistency week to week at WR is mind boggling. Chad Johnson last season had a horrible start to the season and buried a lot of owners to the point when he did start cranking it up it was almost too late to salvage the season.Tory Holt had a ridiculous game in about the 7th-8th week and then laid an egg for 3-4 weeks after that. I have to be able to grind out some wins and I like the comfort of a weekly RB getting me 15-20 vs a WR that can go out and get me 2 rec for 25 yds.Also you can find WR in the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and so on...find me a nice list of truly servicable RB in those rounds. I don't like all the RB going off the board so quickly either but its the design of the league. if all 12 teams take 2 RB in the 1st 3-4 rounds...that leaves mostly scraps for later. I don't want to have to try and figure out if Brandon Jacobs or Reuben Droughns is going to be the starter...and for how long. You can find WR, you can't find a lot of good RB in the 4th-5th round and later.

Time to talk about my draft so far.

1.07 Joseph Addai: This pick was between Maroney, Portis, Adrian Peterson and Addai.

Maroney is a solid pick by FCP2 behind me, but with Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Watson, other WR...where is Maroney in a PPR league going to get 40-50 balls? I can't see it and it was a drawback for me. I was locked in on him for the most part till Randy Moss showed up.

Portis...one stat...1,600+ touches since coming into the NFL...I know he is still young in age but SHaun Alexander has 2,100+ and we consider him a workhorse. Portis is likely on the downside of his career, sorry to say it but its true. And he hasn't produced like he should in Washington.

Adrian Peterson: That broken collarbone scares the ever loving you know what out of me...maybe he never will get it injured again but I keep reading how if you break it once, you can break it again more easily...also there was a report he was going to put a metal plate in it to reinforce it...that didn't sound good. Maybe he should have.

Is Joseph Addai the most talented? No he is not. But he has a unique situation that only got better after the draft. he will have solid seasons likely for the next 4-5 years and you can't think much further out than that in these dynasty leagues. I doubt he will ever lead the league in rushing or TD. But I see him racking up 1,500 total yds, 40-60 receptions, and 8-12 TD likely...and he will do it every year because he plays with the greates QB in the game. Most talented...no. One of the best situations of any RB in the league...yes.

2.06 DeAngelo WIlliams: I am going to catch a lot of heat for this pick but IMO DeAngelo is only getting tossed so low because he didn't have that bust out rookie year. When you look at the games where he actually got 8-10+ carries a game you will see what he is capable of. Foster had one of those rare injury free years which didn't help either.

Best stat on Williams was 33 receptions on 37 targets...he catches it when they throw it to him. I see 50+ catches with the release of Meshawn as a real possibility here. And I'll need that to overcome what might be a shortage in TD production to some. My bottom line was a guy that could easily post 1,400-1,500+ total yds, 40-50+ receptions, and 5-8TD...to me that was a winner at this stage. And I think those numbers are conservative. He had a 100 yd receiving game as a rookie...PPR league these are the backs you are looking for that can do it all.

RB are getting scarce that you want to actually keep for the future. And with such a shortage of new backs coming in with any impact this season, logically you start looking at the RB class of 2006 and 2005...I plucked Addai and Williams, happy with both picks. I also really doubted he would be there before my next pick as Legacy has not taken anybody yet,(Edited to say he did take Ronnie Brown) and also Pasquino thinks highly of him...top15, so I doubt he could have made it thru Legacy and Pasquino multiple times...5 of the next 13 picks.

I wanted him and since I couldn't get a pick in the later 2nd or early 3rd I had to take him here. I kicked around Cadillac and Marshawn Lynch...Caddy just doesn't get enough receptions and Lynch is just too much of a gamble for me at this spot. I applaud Jason Wood for taking the plunge in the Active Conference.

Bash away.

Also you can find WR in the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and so on...find me a nice list of truly servicable RB in those rounds.
You don't need to find a RB in those rounds. You only need 1-2 good backs in this format. The key word there is good. You can't put a price on a guy like Jackson, Westbrook, or Bush. But there aren't many of those guys floating around. I agree that WR inconsistency is a problem, but I still don't agree with the logic of taking a middling RB over one of the top WRs in the game. Even if guys like Maroney, Addai, Peterson, and Ronnie pan out, they probably still won't outscore Chad Johnson (although you have to like those Indy and NE offenses). Taking a risk with no upside when you can take a safer player is bad drafting, IMO. But it's always a case by case thing. Sometimes what appears to be a suspect pick is actually the right pick. I won't fault a guy for trusting his gut. Just tossing in my 2 cents.

2.06 DeAngelo WIlliams: I am going to catch a lot of heat for this pick but IMO DeAngelo is only getting tossed so low because he didn't have that bust out rookie year. When you look at the games where he actually got 8-10+ carries a game you will see what he is capable of. Foster had one of those rare injury free years which didn't help either. Best stat on Williams was 33 receptions on 37 targets...he catches it when they throw it to him. I see 50+ catches with the release of Meshawn as a real possibility here. And I'll need that to overcome what might be a shortage in TD production to some. My bottom line was a guy that could easily post 1,400-1,500+ total yds, 40-50+ receptions, and 5-8TD...to me that was a winner at this stage. And I think those numbers are conservative. He had a 100 yd receiving game as a rookie...PPR league these are the backs you are looking for that can do it all.RB are getting scarce that you want to actually keep for the future. And with such a shortage of new backs coming in with any impact this season, logically you start looking at the RB class of 2006 and 2005...I plucked Addai and Williams, happy with both picks. I also really doubted he would be there before my next pick as Legacy has not taken anybody yet,(Edited to say he did take Ronnie Brown) and also Pasquino thinks highly of him...top15, so I doubt he could have made it thru Legacy and Pasquino multiple times...5 of the next 13 picks. I wanted him and since I couldn't get a pick in the later 2nd or early 3rd I had to take him here. I kicked around Cadillac and Marshawn Lynch...Caddy just doesn't get enough receptions and Lynch is just too much of a gamble for me at this spot. I applaud Jason Wood for taking the plunge in the Active Conference.Bash away.
I definitely see the upside of this guy in PPR. He has a good build for the position and he fits the mold of elite PPR RBs like Westbrook and Tomlinson. That said, I probably couldn't pass on a surefire 16-20 ppg guy like Boldin for a relative unknown. It's a little bit of a boom or bust pick. The best teams in this league last year were the ones who managed to secure Tomlinson or 2 other top 10 backs. If Williams hits and Addai holds steady, you'll be in good position.Does that mean it was the right pick? No. I think you can take a lower risk guy like Boldin, plug him into the same flex spot D-Will will occupy, and get the same production (if not better). The only advantage of the RBs is a little bit more upside. I think that advantage is negated by the increased bust risk.

EBF said:
Ministry of Pain said:
2.06 DeAngelo WIlliams: I am going to catch a lot of heat for this pick but IMO DeAngelo is only getting tossed so low because he didn't have that bust out rookie year. When you look at the games where he actually got 8-10+ carries a game you will see what he is capable of. Foster had one of those rare injury free years which didn't help either. Best stat on Williams was 33 receptions on 37 targets...he catches it when they throw it to him. I see 50+ catches with the release of Meshawn as a real possibility here. And I'll need that to overcome what might be a shortage in TD production to some. My bottom line was a guy that could easily post 1,400-1,500+ total yds, 40-50+ receptions, and 5-8TD...to me that was a winner at this stage. And I think those numbers are conservative. He had a 100 yd receiving game as a rookie...PPR league these are the backs you are looking for that can do it all.RB are getting scarce that you want to actually keep for the future. And with such a shortage of new backs coming in with any impact this season, logically you start looking at the RB class of 2006 and 2005...I plucked Addai and Williams, happy with both picks. I also really doubted he would be there before my next pick as Legacy has not taken anybody yet,(Edited to say he did take Ronnie Brown) and also Pasquino thinks highly of him...top15, so I doubt he could have made it thru Legacy and Pasquino multiple times...5 of the next 13 picks. I wanted him and since I couldn't get a pick in the later 2nd or early 3rd I had to take him here. I kicked around Cadillac and Marshawn Lynch...Caddy just doesn't get enough receptions and Lynch is just too much of a gamble for me at this spot. I applaud Jason Wood for taking the plunge in the Active Conference.Bash away.
I definitely see the upside of this guy in PPR. He has a good build for the position and he fits the mold of elite PPR RBs like Westbrook and Tomlinson. That said, I probably couldn't pass on a surefire 16-20 ppg guy like Boldin for a relative unknown. It's a little bit of a boom or bust pick. The best teams in this league last year were the ones who managed to secure Tomlinson or 2 other top 10 backs. If Williams hits and Addai holds steady, you'll be in good position.Does that mean it was the right pick? No. I think you can take a lower risk guy like Boldin, plug him into the same flex spot D-Will will occupy, and get the same production (if not better). The only advantage of the RBs is a little bit more upside. I think that advantage is negated by the increased bust risk.
Yes but I will find a guy that will get close to Boldin's numbers later in the draft...I also am not a huge Boldin fan right now. I guess you would start 1 RB and 4WR with no problem...I sort of would be uncomfortable with that...house of cards to me.

1. Adrian Peterson (11)

2. Clinton Portis (14)

I like where I am at thus far ...

EBF said:
Quick thoughts:

As I think about this you have to ask this question:What is the drop off in performance from Portis/Addai to what's available by waiting versus the WR drop off?

I gotta say that calling Addai and Portis "margina RB's" is off target for this or any other league. Portis is an elite back and if not for a couple of injuries we'd talking about him with higher praise. And I'm not a Portis fan but he is what he is.

Addai is a back that's a real value right now based on where he is how well he's performing. I keep reading that people think he's not that good or that they still feel he'll be in a RBBC. All I can say is if you look beyond what you think and evaluate what he's done and what he's poised to do this year then you can't see him any worse than top 7 and he might do even better.

I'll take these "marginal RB's" all day long. There are plenty of good WR talent to wait and fill my needs. RB's like these two are just not availble in the 2nd/3rd rounds if you're drafting with sharks. You might get away with it in your local leagues but you cannot expect to get that kind of value in leagues like this where all of you know where the talent is. And by talent I'm referring how well they score fantasy wise.

Yes but I will find a guy that will get close to Boldin's numbers later in the draft...I also am not a huge Boldin fan right now.
Injury or rookie QB...something comes up he doesn't get 100 rec (gold in PPR on top of the other stats), that's how I feel. I could see someone arguing he gets 100 rec only half the time and that's fair too but IMO he's the prototypical WR for a PPR league. I think your "close to Boldin" WR is a clear step down.

hyper/active 2 - staff vs posters league

staff...........bloom, pasquino, grant, wood

posters.......jeter23, wannabee, dirtyhalos, couch potato, team legacy, beaumont, ministry of pain, coolnerd, bri, undercover brotha, lions327, datonn, acer
Q: How'd they find this guy? A: After scraping the bottom of the barrel and coming up empty, they looked underneath.

BTW, I've traded my 2008 1st and 2nd round rookie picks for Pasquino's. A good predator always likes to begin by picking off the slowest and weakest at the back of the herd... :unsure:
:pickle: I'll try and look for this again come December.

Ministry of Pain said:
2.06 DeAngelo WIlliams:

RB are getting scarce that you want to actually keep for the future. And with such a shortage of new backs coming in with any impact this season, logically you start looking at the RB class of 2006 and 2005...I plucked Addai and Williams, happy with both picks. I also really doubted he would be there before my next pick as Legacy has not taken anybody yet,(Edited to say he did take Ronnie Brown) and also Pasquino thinks highly of him...top15, so I doubt he could have made it thru Legacy and Pasquino multiple times...5 of the next 13 picks.

So nice to be in your head and making you look over your shoulder right from the start. :shrug:

Can't believe how far S. Alexander fell. :whistle: He'll be the SOD at least for a year or two.

This being my first dynasty draft, I'm not going to pretend to have an edge in draft strategy. I figured this was a great chance to join a dynasty draft on the ground floor after having offers in the last few years to take over someone else's flawed team. With that said, I'm seeing a lot of chatter that RBs are overvalued, and that may in fact be true. I've certainly drafted BPA off my board through four rounds and came away with 3 RBs; and that may elicit some winces from more experience dynasty guys.

1.08 -- Frank Gore, SF -- This was a no brainer. I had a hard time believing he was there for the taking at 1.08, and didn't consider another player at this pick

2.05 -- Marshawn Lynch, BUF -- A riskier pick to be sure, but I loved the kid in college and I don't think he could've gone to a better situation. He'll start this year and could be dominant for years to come. I did consider a few tier 1 WRs at this spot, but bet at least one of my top 12 would fall to me in round 3.

3.08 -- Javon Walker, DEN -- Walker was the last WR I had in my first tier. He's not as young as some might think, but I feel he's got tremendous potential over the next 3-4 years in Denver.

4.05 -- Jerious Norwood, ATL -- Love the kid. I wouldn't be surprised to see him displace Dunn in ATL as soon as this year, but almost assuredly by next year. There really weren't any WRs on the board I felt were worth taking ahead of him; that is to say WRs who would not only help in 2007, but in future seasons as well.

My draft thus far:

Johnson, Calvin DET WR ® - 6 2.04

Colston, Marques NOS WR - 4 3.07

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB - 7 3.09

Henry, Travis DEN RB - 6 4.04

Palmer, Carson CIN QB - 5 4.06

5 Total Players

I got about 3 more picks coming up real soon, I normally dont draft a qb too high but Palmer in the 4.06 spot was too good to pass up. I have a team of players that i like is the main thing for me. All in all i like what i have done so far w/ all my trade downs.

Jason Wood said:
This being my first dynasty draft, I'm not going to pretend to have an edge in draft strategy. I figured this was a great chance to join a dynasty draft on the ground floor after having offers in the last few years to take over someone else's flawed team. With that said, I'm seeing a lot of chatter that RBs are overvalued, and that may in fact be true. I've certainly drafted BPA off my board through four rounds and came away with 3 RBs; and that may elicit some winces from more experience dynasty guys.1.08 -- Frank Gore, SF -- This was a no brainer. I had a hard time believing he was there for the taking at 1.08, and didn't consider another player at this pick2.05 -- Marshawn Lynch, BUF -- A riskier pick to be sure, but I loved the kid in college and I don't think he could've gone to a better situation. He'll start this year and could be dominant for years to come. I did consider a few tier 1 WRs at this spot, but bet at least one of my top 12 would fall to me in round 3.3.08 -- Javon Walker, DEN -- Walker was the last WR I had in my first tier. He's not as young as some might think, but I feel he's got tremendous potential over the next 3-4 years in Denver.4.05 -- Jerious Norwood, ATL -- Love the kid. I wouldn't be surprised to see him displace Dunn in ATL as soon as this year, but almost assuredly by next year. There really weren't any WRs on the board I felt were worth taking ahead of him; that is to say WRs who would not only help in 2007, but in future seasons as well.
Solid start. I might've taken a WR instead of Norwood, but you've drafted four good players.

Jason Wood said:
This being my first dynasty draft, I'm not going to pretend to have an edge in draft strategy. I figured this was a great chance to join a dynasty draft on the ground floor after having offers in the last few years to take over someone else's flawed team. With that said, I'm seeing a lot of chatter that RBs are overvalued, and that may in fact be true. I've certainly drafted BPA off my board through four rounds and came away with 3 RBs; and that may elicit some winces from more experience dynasty guys.1.08 -- Frank Gore, SF -- This was a no brainer. I had a hard time believing he was there for the taking at 1.08, and didn't consider another player at this pick2.05 -- Marshawn Lynch, BUF -- A riskier pick to be sure, but I loved the kid in college and I don't think he could've gone to a better situation. He'll start this year and could be dominant for years to come. I did consider a few tier 1 WRs at this spot, but bet at least one of my top 12 would fall to me in round 3.3.08 -- Javon Walker, DEN -- Walker was the last WR I had in my first tier. He's not as young as some might think, but I feel he's got tremendous potential over the next 3-4 years in Denver.4.05 -- Jerious Norwood, ATL -- Love the kid. I wouldn't be surprised to see him displace Dunn in ATL as soon as this year, but almost assuredly by next year. There really weren't any WRs on the board I felt were worth taking ahead of him; that is to say WRs who would not only help in 2007, but in future seasons as well.
THIS , is a NICE start. Gore, Lynch and Walker were stud picks! I personally have DWILL higher than Lynch, and can't see a time where I would take Norwood over Palmer, (risky upside over sure thing) but the makeup of the team looks solid.

My draft thus far:Johnson, Calvin DET WR ® - 6 2.04 Colston, Marques NOS WR - 4 3.07 Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB - 7 3.09 Henry, Travis DEN RB - 6 4.04 Palmer, Carson CIN QB - 5 4.06 5 Total Players I got about 3 more picks coming up real soon, I normally dont draft a qb too high but Palmer in the 4.06 spot was too good to pass up. I have a team of players that i like is the main thing for me. All in all i like what i have done so far w/ all my trade downs.
Dude, I was just checking your TRADES out to figure out how you swindled that many people out of TOP PICKS! 8 picks in the first 5 rounds is INSANE!!! You did give up your first rounder next year , but big deal!This strategy worked ... T-O P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N with Deangelo falling as far as he did. You received a first round talent in the third and backed it up with Henry. Very VERY impressed and IMO will be the team everyone is chasing.

Jeff Pasquino said:
Ministry of Pain said:
2.06 DeAngelo WIlliams:

So nice to be in your head and making you look over your shoulder right from the start. :(
:cry:

It would be foolish not to look at these scenarios...in fact we now know that Williams likely would have been gone right after you so I wasn't far off...and also Jeter23 has him in the H/A league and from what I've heard he is untouchable...so there is no way I get the guy in the middle 3rd.

Dynasty...you get one chance to set the team up the way you like it.

My draft thus far:

Palmer, Carson CIN QB - 5 4.06

5 Total Players

I got about 3 more picks coming up real soon, I normally dont draft a qb too high but Palmer in the 4.06 spot was too good to pass up. I have a team of players that i like is the main thing for me. All in all i like what i have done so far w/ all my trade downs.
Dude, I was just checking your TRADES out to figure out how you swindled that many people out of TOP PICKS! 8 picks in the first 5 rounds is INSANE!!! You did give up your first rounder next year , but big deal!This strategy worked ... T-O P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N with Deangelo falling as far as he did. You received a first round talent in the third and backed it up with Henry. Very VERY impressed and IMO will be the team everyone is chasing.
I wouldnt say that. Way too early to predict those things. I got some good value on my picks though. I got both of my target wr's and both targeted rb's. SHocked i got Henry there. Anyway, thats the reason i traded my 1.09 was cause i was looking at Maroney R.Brown FWP maybe addai types. FWP is a known but the others were gambles that high, so i told myself i would rather trade down and take my gambles later w/ less risk and pick up another top pick to offset the risk. 1.09 and my 9th for 3.7 and 4.6 was the offer that i liked alot. i did a few other deals as well but so far i likes the deals i made. And the picks so far.

My draft thus far:Johnson, Calvin DET WR ® - 6 2.04 Colston, Marques NOS WR - 4 3.07 Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB - 7 3.09 Henry, Travis DEN RB - 6 4.04 Palmer, Carson CIN QB - 5 4.06 5 Total Players I got about 3 more picks coming up real soon, I normally dont draft a qb too high but Palmer in the 4.06 spot was too good to pass up. I have a team of players that i like is the main thing for me. All in all i like what i have done so far w/ all my trade downs.
UCB, I like the team but see some risk at WR...that said you can back those guys up with solid vets in the middle rounds. I like the DWill pick and I also think Henry was taken at the right time...he will produce in Denver for the next 2 seasons barring injury...after that...who knows but you can say that about a lot of RB including some of the guys taken in the 1st round. QB won't be an issue for you while others are in the middle of a run.Great start.

My draft thus far:

Palmer, Carson CIN QB - 5 4.06 -TRADED for 4.7 to take D.BREES

5 Total Players

I wouldnt say that. Way too early to predict those things. I got some good value on my picks though. I got both of my target wr's and both targeted rb's. SHocked i got Henry there. Anyway, thats the reason i traded my 1.09 was cause i was looking at Maroney R.Brown FWP maybe addai types. FWP is a known but the others were gambles that high, so i told myself i would rather trade down and take my gambles later w/ less risk and pick up another top pick to offset the risk. 1.09 and my 9th for 3.7 and 4.6 was the offer that i liked alot. i did a few other deals as well but so far i likes the deals i made. And the picks so far.
OK traded Palmer for the 4.7 pick and for a move up from 7.07 to 6.9.Will now take BREES with the next pick, i was torn between him and Palmer but either works for me right here.

1.09 - willie parker

1.10 - rudi johnson

outside of the top 3-4, i hate rb's, i really do, so much so that its a fault of mine. rb's values are very situation heavy and they have such short shelf lives. i generally don't like to spend early picks on them because of the lack of confidence in their long term values, but i also generally am in larger leagues than 12 teamers where you can seperate yourself more with stronger non rb positions. i think i overcompensated for my fault and reached for rudi. i liked that i added two rocks and don't really have to worry about the rb position for a good part of the draft. in hindsight i still would have taken fwp but i should have stayed put and taken a wr/qb at 2.04 instead of trading up for rudi. its not a mistake i can't recover from and still trust my ability to find talent later, but the decision just isnt sitting well with me right now. at worst i have 2 featured backs that i dont have to worry much about losing their positions (knock on wood).

fyi

i hate my draft and have already given my former advisor (comfortably numb) his walking papers, his sole job was to talk me out of doing stupid ####, and he failed.

i have brought in a much more pushy and bossy advisor (shake zula), so this shouldnt happen again

:goodposting:

fyii hate my draft and have already given my former advisor (comfortably numb) his walking papers, his sole job was to talk me out of doing stupid ####, and he failed.i have brought in a much more pushy and bossy advisor (shake zula), so this shouldnt happen again :mellow:
Smith sucked prior to my arrival as advisor. That much is understood. From here on out, his amazingness shall not be underestimated. :lmao:

fyii hate my draft and have already given my former advisor (comfortably numb) his walking papers, his sole job was to talk me out of doing stupid ####, and he failed.i have brought in a much more pushy and bossy advisor (shake zula), so this shouldnt happen again :mellow:
Smith sucked prior to my arrival as advisor. That much is understood. From here on out, his amazingness shall not be underestimated. :lmao:
;)

I was fired by "Al Davis wannabe"

Asks for advice, receives it, goes against it, then is pissed.

You'll hear from my lawyer.

Im suing you for sexual harassment.

As humiliating as it is, my story needs to be heard.

(and the pictures of yourself, that you sent me...NEED TO GO PUBLIC)

Users who are viewing this thread