What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***hyper/active 2 dynasty drafts*** (1 Viewer)

Advisors? Hell ... I knew I was understaffed for this endeavor ...
comfortably numb is avail.......good luck with that :D
What made you think you could count on CN to keep you on the straight and narrow anyway? Once you're 'comfortably numb' any pick is all good.I have my own built-in advisors. See sig in blue below. It really sucks when they start arguing though. :loco:
The voices aren't so little in my head....

Detroit Demolishers:

1.04 RB Larry Johnson

LT, S Jax, and Bush went, so this pick didn't require much thought. I considered trading it, but I don't think I could have pulled the trigger. These kind of RB's are few and far between. He is a fantasy beast, and contrary to some opinion, I don't see the heavy workload having any effect on him right now. He doesn't take a lot of punishment, he delivers it. I think he is the only current RB besides LT that is capable of putting up 20 TD seasons year after year. He is only 27, and has less than a thousand total touches. In his last 42 games over 3 seasons, he has 52 TD's and well over 5000 total yards. He should be a top 3 RB for at least 3-4 more years.

2.09 WR Calvin Johnson

I had a few different ideas with this pick. The top 3 WR's from my board were gone (Smith, Fitz and Chad). The RB's did not excite me all that much. I didn't want a QB this early because my next pick isn't until 4.03 (pick 39). I had Calvin 10th on my board before the draft, mainly because I thought he would be in Tampa or Oakland, and therefore delay his rise to the top of the WR charts. After the Lions picked him, he shot up my draft board, all the way to 4th. I know this is a bit high with some elite level proven WR's available, but I feel he is is a lock to be a top of the line WR for a long time. I feel he can be a top 15 WR as a rookie, and even though a rookie, I feel his immense talent was worth the risk. I know he would not have lasted much longer.

The last thing that clinched this pick was when I asked myself if there was any player I would regret passing on with this pick. Calvin was the only one. The decision was easy. I think he is the best WR prospect to ever come out of college, and feel he was the only pick to make. There was just no way that I was passing him up.

I now have the following upcoming picks: 4.03 (39), 4.09 (45), 5.04 (52), and 5.10 (58). These are the picks that will determine how good my draft is. I traded my 3rd away, but feel with 2 4ths and 2 5ths, that I have a great chance to build a solid core. I like that they aren't spaced too far apart, thus protecting me somewhat from position runs, and the flexibility will allow me to trade up or trade back if need be, depending on the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
-UPDATE

through 5 rounds i now have:

Brees, Drew NOS QB - 4 4.07

Henry, Travis DEN RB - 6 4.04

Turner, Michael SDC RB - 7 4.11

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB - 7 3.09

Colston, Marques NOS WR - 4 3.07

Driver, Donald GBP WR - 7 5.02

Johnson, Calvin DET WR ® - 6 2.04

I did a few deals lately and landed a 08 1st but i still have a few picks in the 6th.

-UPDATEthrough 5 rounds i now have:Brees, Drew NOS QB - 4 4.07 Henry, Travis DEN RB - 6 4.04 Turner, Michael SDC RB - 7 4.11 Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB - 7 3.09 Colston, Marques NOS WR - 4 3.07 Driver, Donald GBP WR - 7 5.02 Johnson, Calvin DET WR ® - 6 2.04 I did a few deals lately and landed a 08 1st but i still have a few picks in the 6th.
BreesTravis Henrybackup RBCarolina RBs never stay healthyMichael Clayton IIDriverThe next Mike Williams and Charles Rogers :confused:

-UPDATEthrough 5 rounds i now have:Brees, Drew NOS QB - 4 4.07 Henry, Travis DEN RB - 6 4.04 Turner, Michael SDC RB - 7 4.11 Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB - 7 3.09 Colston, Marques NOS WR - 4 3.07 Driver, Donald GBP WR - 7 5.02 Johnson, Calvin DET WR ® - 6 2.04 I did a few deals lately and landed a 08 1st but i still have a few picks in the 6th.
BreesTravis Henrybackup RBCarolina RBs never stay healthyMichael Clayton IIDriverThe next Mike Williams and Charles Rogers :lmao:
DANG you on double time i see, you just bashed my picks via email now you on da board bashing them.Thanks, thats why its my team though. :confused:

BreesTravis Henrybackup RBCarolina RBs never stay healthyMichael Clayton IIDriverThe next Mike Williams and Charles Rogers :lmao:
DANG you on double time i see, you just bashed my picks via email now you on da board bashing them.Thanks, thats why its my team though. :confused:
:lmao: You don't see me posting my team for critique now do ya :lmao:

its just a team, i dont worry about the critique, isnt that what this thread is for.....SO far everyone team looks good to me....

SO ARE YOU SCARED TO POST YOUR TEAM BRI?

lol

its just a team, i dont worry about the critique, isnt that what this thread is for.....SO far everyone team looks good to me....SO ARE YOU SCARED TO POST YOUR TEAM BRI?lol
I figure someone will post it in January when I win, I'll just wait for that
Little early for all that dont cha think? Lets get through minicamp 1st then when gone say who gone win. :wall:
Not when you guys post who you'll pick in your sigs like you do :wall:

sorry that "fluid hips sounds more queer than a tennis helmet" line has me laughing off and on for like the last half hour or so....carry on

yeah, im taking all the cats in my SIG from last year.

So if you want them TAKE THEM NOW.

thats last years SIG buddy, when those guys were an after thought.

Gore-last year was a 9th rounder..

Morency-went like in the 14-16th

Cutler and Vince were both prospects.

Maybe its something to my GURUism....

But if i wanted anyone i would have tooken them no matter where or who i have on my team at the time. ITS ALL ABOUT VALUE with me BRI.

I doubt any of those guys present value now...

I got some NEW sleepers that i will have to stay on top of cause of the scouters in here but they will be very very late round picks...

Seattle Stars - Active

Palmer, Carson CIN QB - 4.06

I traded my 4.07 pick and exchanged my 6.09 pick for UCB's 7.07 pick in order to obtain Palmer. I have him ranked right next to Manning so I think it was worth it.

Johnson, Rudi CIN RB - 2.02

I traded down in the first round, and then out of the first round to obtain more picks within the top 50. I felt fortunate to have Johnson fall to me at 2.02. I've seen him go in the first round in several initial dynasty drafts.

McGahee, Willis BAL RB - 2.07

I could have just as easily chosen a WR here but McGahee would have been gone at my next pick. He's young and doesn't have someone looking over his shoulder. The rest of the remaining RBs have question marks. Even though we have the option to start one RB I feel that we really need two quality RBs to be competitive.

Johnson, Andre HOU WR - 3.04

Chose the best remaining "young" WR. Holt was available but I had a feeling that I could wait and grab him at 3.06. I also thought that if I took Holt at 3.04, Johnson wouldn't have been available at 3.06. I was correct since Bri told me that I took his guy (AJ).

Holt, Torry STL WR - 3.06

Really, I felt that Holt shouldn't have slipped to the 3rd round. Since this is a dynasty league sometimes we tend to skip over the older, but potentially more productive in the short term, players. At 3.06 I felt that Holt was the BPA.

Winslow, Kellen CLE TE - 5.05

I may have reached here but my strategy for the first five picks was to obtain quality starters first and then fill in my back-ups. Nothing complicated with this approach but sometimes it's easy to get distracted. I feel that KWII has the most potential of the remaining TE's (Gates was already gone). I think his production will increase in 2007 with better health, a better QB, and the OC that coached him in college.

My draft thus far:Johnson, Calvin DET WR ® - 6 2.04 Colston, Marques NOS WR - 4 3.07 Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB - 7 3.09 Henry, Travis DEN RB - 6 4.04 Palmer, Carson CIN QB - 5 4.06 5 Total Players I got about 3 more picks coming up real soon, I normally dont draft a qb too high but Palmer in the 4.06 spot was too good to pass up. I have a team of players that i like is the main thing for me. All in all i like what i have done so far w/ all my trade downs.
Dude, I was just checking your TRADES out to figure out how you swindled that many people out of TOP PICKS! 8 picks in the first 5 rounds is INSANE!!! You did give up your first rounder next year , but big deal!This strategy worked ... T-O P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N with Deangelo falling as far as he did. You received a first round talent in the third and backed it up with Henry. Very VERY impressed and IMO will be the team everyone is chasing.
I agree. Nice strategy here U B.

Ok, since no one in Hyper has picked today, Ill throw my early draft strategy out there for people to bash (as Im sure people will feel I took QB and TE early)

1.02- S Jackson

At this point, he is everyones consensus number 2 and I felt comfortable going with him. This is a start 1 RB league so I know I can pencil him in every week with no worries.

2.11- P Manning

I had to think long and hard about this pick as there was still a ton of WRs out there. Only Smith, Fitz, Calvin and Chad had been taken leaving me with a pick of the litter. S Alexander was also on the board. However, after looking over the numbers from last season, Manning ranked 4th in the entire league in points. I just could not pass up that kind of consistent production in the 23rd slot. Like I said in my pick, Mannings ADP will be much higher then 23 and I feel like I got a 1st round talent late in the 2nd round. Bash away for taking the QB early but I will be enjoying his success

3.02 A Gates

I was hoping to get R Wayne to compliment Manning and get double TD points. Unfortunately he went with the next pick. So at this point it was between going with a dominant WR like Boldin and R Williams, or going with the best TE in the league. I chose to go with the TE. In my opinion I got the number 1 QB and the number 1 TE. How can you argue with that. I believe there is enough WR depth for me to be ok waiting until RDs 4 and 5 to snag one. If there is a WR run, I take the best RB. I feel like I win either way.

ninerfan said:
Seattle Stars - Active

Palmer, Carson CIN QB - 4.06

I traded my 4.07 pick and exchanged my 6.09 pick for UCB's 7.07 pick in order to obtain Palmer. I have him ranked right next to Manning so I think it was worth it.

Johnson, Rudi CIN RB - 2.02

I traded down in the first round, and then out of the first round to obtain more picks within the top 50. I felt fortunate to have Johnson fall to me at 2.02. I've seen him go in the first round in several initial dynasty drafts.

McGahee, Willis BAL RB - 2.07

I could have just as easily chosen a WR here but McGahee would have been gone at my next pick. He's young and doesn't have someone looking over his shoulder. The rest of the remaining RBs have question marks. Even though we have the option to start one RB I feel that we really need two quality RBs to be competitive.

Johnson, Andre HOU WR - 3.04

Chose the best remaining "young" WR. Holt was available but I had a feeling that I could wait and grab him at 3.06. I also thought that if I took Holt at 3.04, Johnson wouldn't have been available at 3.06. I was correct since Bri told me that I took his guy (AJ).

Holt, Torry STL WR - 3.06

Really, I felt that Holt shouldn't have slipped to the 3rd round. Since this is a dynasty league sometimes we tend to skip over the older, but potentially more productive in the short term, players. At 3.06 I felt that Holt was the BPA.

Winslow, Kellen CLE TE - 5.05

I may have reached here but my strategy for the first five picks was to obtain quality starters first and then fill in my back-ups. Nothing complicated with this approach but sometimes it's easy to get distracted. I feel that KWII has the most potential of the remaining TE's (Gates was already gone). I think his production will increase in 2007 with better health, a better QB, and the OC that coached him in college.
This strategy looks good too. How did you manage to get 2 EARLY 2nds, 2 EARLY 3rds an EARLY 4th and an EARLY 5th? If I missed it above, sorry in advance, but wow, that's some serious trading skills.

Haven't had time to post as much as I wanted to in this.... but I'm done until 5, so this seems like a good time.

1.06 - Gore - Well I'm not in love with this pick, but It was about what was expected at 1.05-1.06. I really would have taken Westbrook at 1.05 and been happy with the pick... but Jeff wanted him too, and the upgrade from 10 to 8 was worth taking Gore.

2.04 - McGahee (Traded down from 1.10). Well I originally traded UP to 10 in the hope that I could get Maroney. As the early drafts started to come out, it was clear that I wasn't going to land him, but I figured I'd stand pat and see what happened. Sure enough, he was gone, so when Halos came calling, I did the math, walked through the next six picks in my head and figured that I could live with whoever fell to me at 2.04. I have MJD in a couple leagues, and considered reaching for him at 1.10, but I'm happy with the move down as well.

McGahee was about who I expected to get. The way that Portis was falling, I was hoping he'd have made it to me, but I expected to have to decide between Brown, McGahee or even Manning. When I MADE the trade, I figured that Manning was the choice of last resort, and by the time the pick came around, I decided to take McGahee. Baltimore is still a 'run first' offense, and I think he's going to have several solid years in Baltimore. Chad Johnson was also a possibility, but I decided I wanted two RBS.

3.08 - Evans - Ok, now I'm officially HAPPY that I traded back. Solid WR with good upside and long term potential at the right price. Holt was my other consideration, but Evans was the guy that I really wanted.

I'm done again until 5.05 now... so I'll just sit back and watch the Active side of the house cruise along.

Ok, since no one in Hyper has picked today, Ill throw my early draft strategy out there for people to bash (as Im sure people will feel I took QB and TE early)1.02- S JacksonAt this point, he is everyones consensus number 2 and I felt comfortable going with him. This is a start 1 RB league so I know I can pencil him in every week with no worries. 2.11- P ManningI had to think long and hard about this pick as there was still a ton of WRs out there. Only Smith, Fitz, Calvin and Chad had been taken leaving me with a pick of the litter. S Alexander was also on the board. However, after looking over the numbers from last season, Manning ranked 4th in the entire league in points. I just could not pass up that kind of consistent production in the 23rd slot. Like I said in my pick, Mannings ADP will be much higher then 23 and I feel like I got a 1st round talent late in the 2nd round. Bash away for taking the QB early but I will be enjoying his success3.02 A GatesI was hoping to get R Wayne to compliment Manning and get double TD points. Unfortunately he went with the next pick. So at this point it was between going with a dominant WR like Boldin and R Williams, or going with the best TE in the league. I chose to go with the TE. In my opinion I got the number 1 QB and the number 1 TE. How can you argue with that. I believe there is enough WR depth for me to be ok waiting until RDs 4 and 5 to snag one. If there is a WR run, I take the best RB. I feel like I win either way.
SJax: Just don't pencil him in for 90 catches this season...that will not happen again. 50 if he is lucky.Manning: Who doesn't like Peyton...but when the TDs are only 4 pts a piece he has to really drop for me to see the value in him...just too many QBs to wheel out every week. I must have 20-24 that I feel OK with.Gates: Best TE in the league bar none. SOmeone was going to take him...you don't have to worry about that spot for the rest of the draft.Good picks Acer, nice logo too.

Haven't had time to post as much as I wanted to in this.... but I'm done until 5, so this seems like a good time.1.06 - Gore - Well I'm not in love with this pick, but It was about what was expected at 1.05-1.06. I really would have taken Westbrook at 1.05 and been happy with the pick... but Jeff wanted him too, and the upgrade from 10 to 8 was worth taking Gore. 2.04 - McGahee (Traded down from 1.10). Well I originally traded UP to 10 in the hope that I could get Maroney. As the early drafts started to come out, it was clear that I wasn't going to land him, but I figured I'd stand pat and see what happened. Sure enough, he was gone, so when Halos came calling, I did the math, walked through the next six picks in my head and figured that I could live with whoever fell to me at 2.04. I have MJD in a couple leagues, and considered reaching for him at 1.10, but I'm happy with the move down as well.McGahee was about who I expected to get. The way that Portis was falling, I was hoping he'd have made it to me, but I expected to have to decide between Brown, McGahee or even Manning. When I MADE the trade, I figured that Manning was the choice of last resort, and by the time the pick came around, I decided to take McGahee. Baltimore is still a 'run first' offense, and I think he's going to have several solid years in Baltimore. Chad Johnson was also a possibility, but I decided I wanted two RBS. 3.08 - Evans - Ok, now I'm officially HAPPY that I traded back. Solid WR with good upside and long term potential at the right price. Holt was my other consideration, but Evans was the guy that I really wanted. I'm done again until 5.05 now... so I'll just sit back and watch the Active side of the house cruise along.
Solid. McGahee will perform like a RB1 this season...I was ready to pounce on him at 2.06, I think he is going to really well at the "U"...I mean Baltimore. I considered Lee Evans at 3.07...you will get a few more years out of him than I will with Holt but Holt still has 3 good years left...maybe a little beyond that. I love Evans but he is still sort of mired in a so so offense and is called upon for the long ball. He could slide a bit in his numbers this year.

Player YTD Pts Bye Drafted

Barber, Marion DAL RB - 8 3.11

Jones, Julius DAL RB - 8 6.04

Williams, Carnell TBB RB - 10 2.06

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR - 8 2.11

Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR - 10 5.07

Jones, Matt JAC WR - 4 5.11

Ward, Hines PIT WR - 6 4.02

Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE - 8 6.02

me and UB have 8 players while the rest have 4, 5, or 6 with all the trading. I'm "off" for 2 rounds though

BTW If week 8 bye becomes a prob....who cares I'll just take a loss. I'm not changing up the rest of my draft to cover that. IMO changing up to cover it would be the wrong reaction

Well crapola. Middle of the 3rd day of the draft and we're not through 3 rounds in Hyper. Team Legacy (on the clock) announced this morning that he'd be out golfing today instead of drafting in Hyper. Maybe he's found some housewife out playing golf this fine weekday while hubby is at work, and will bust a n..., uh, bust his time.

I'm not complaining, I'm just anxious to get past my upcoming 4th round pick/trade possibilities and then forget about this stuff for awhile.

Bravo to Violent Mood Swings:

Bulger, Marc STL QB - 9 5.01

Alexander, Shaun SEA RB - 8 3.01

James, Edgerrin ARI RB - 8 7.01

Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB - 7 1.01

Owens, Terrell DAL WR - 8 4.12

Williams, Roy DET WR - 6 2.12

Heap, Todd BAL TE - 8 6.12

Well crapola. Middle of the 3rd day of the draft and we're not through 3 rounds in Hyper. Team Legacy (on the clock) announced this morning that he'd be out golfing today instead of drafting in Hyper. Maybe he's found some housewife out playing golf this fine weekday while hubby is at work, and will bust a n..., uh, bust his time.I'm not complaining, I'm just anxious to get past my upcoming 4th round pick/trade possibilities and then forget about this stuff for awhile.
How long does it take to play golf? He must have stopped off at the Geisha House on the way back.

Is anyone else making prop bets? Player X will/won't be on the board by round such and such. Have to do it with someone not in your conference or preferably not drafting...my war room and I are having fun with this. Sort of like prop bets at a poker table.

comfortably numb is avail.......good luck with that :unsure:
What made you think you could count on CN to keep you on the straight and narrow anyway? Once you're 'comfortably numb' any pick is all good.I have my own built-in advisors. See sig in blue below. It really sucks when they start arguing though. :lol:
i will help for the right price.dirty can voucher for me. :mellow:

comfortably numb is avail.......good luck with that :thumbup:
What made you think you could count on CN to keep you on the straight and narrow anyway? Once you're 'comfortably numb' any pick is all good.I have my own built-in advisors. See sig in blue below. It really sucks when they start arguing though. :loco:
i will help for the right price.dirty can voucher for me. :yes:
meh :bag:

Manning: Who doesn't like Peyton...but when the TDs are only 4 pts a piece he has to really drop for me to see the value in him...just too many QBs to wheel out every week. I must have 20-24 that I feel OK with.Good picks Acer, nice logo too.
I hear what you are saying but even with the 4 pts for TDs he was able to get 718 points. Only 31 behind LJ. I know other QBs will be solid but I couldnt pass up that production at 23

Beaumont's Roustabouts

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB ® - 5 1.11

Portis, Clinton WAS RB - 4 2.02

Williams, Carnell TBB RB - 10 3.11

Moss, Randy NEP WR - 10 4.02

Third and fourth pick in the books. I liked the value of Caddy here. Start 3 RBs here I come ...

Moss is a gamble but you have to take some chances (Moss, Peterson) to come out on top in leagues like this ...

Manning: Who doesn't like Peyton...but when the TDs are only 4 pts a piece he has to really drop for me to see the value in him...just too many QBs to wheel out every week. I must have 20-24 that I feel OK with.Good picks Acer, nice logo too.
I hear what you are saying but even with the 4 pts for TDs he was able to get 718 points. Only 31 behind LJ. I know other QBs will be solid but I couldnt pass up that production at 23
Where do you come up with 718?

Where do you come up with 718?
Honestly, I have no idea. Just went back and couldnt find what I had looked at. Still behind the big 3 RBs though so same concept just lower points

Detroit Demolishers:

1.04 RB Larry Johnson

LT, S Jax, and Bush went, so this pick didn't require much thought. I considered trading it, but I don't think I could have pulled the trigger. These kind of RB's are few and far between. He is a fantasy beast, and contrary to some opinion, I don't see the heavy workload having any effect on him right now. He doesn't take a lot of punishment, he delivers it. I think he is the only current RB besides LT that is capable of putting up 20 TD seasons year after year. He is only 27, and has less than a thousand total touches. In his last 42 games over 3 seasons, he has 52 TD's and well over 5000 total yards. He should be a top 3 RB for at least 3-4 more years.

2.09 WR Calvin Johnson

I had a few different ideas with this pick. The top 3 WR's from my board were gone (Smith, Fitz and Chad). The RB's did not excite me all that much. I didn't want a QB this early because my next pick isn't until 4.03 (pick 39). I had Calvin 10th on my board before the draft, mainly because I thought he would be in Tampa or Oakland, and therefore delay his rise to the top of the WR charts. After the Lions picked him, he shot up my draft board, all the way to 4th. I know this is a bit high with some elite level proven WR's available, but I feel he is is a lock to be a top of the line WR for a long time. I feel he can be a top 15 WR as a rookie, and even though a rookie, I feel his immense talent was worth the risk. I know he would not have lasted much longer.

The last thing that clinched this pick was when I asked myself if there was any player I would regret passing on with this pick. Calvin was the only one. The decision was easy. I think he is the best WR prospect to ever come out of college, and feel he was the only pick to make. There was just no way that I was passing him up.

I now have the following upcoming picks: 4.03 (39), 4.09 (45), 5.04 (52), and 5.10 (58). These are the picks that will determine how good my draft is. I traded my 3rd away, but feel with 2 4ths and 2 5ths, that I have a great chance to build a solid core. I like that they aren't spaced too far apart, thus protecting me somewhat from position runs, and the flexibility will allow me to trade up or trade back if need be, depending on the situation.
Previous picks made, and explained previously:1.04 RB Larry Johnson

2.09 WR Calvin Johnson

Upcoming picks after the above: 4.03, 4.09, 5.04, 5.10, 6.09, 7.08.

4.03 RB Michael Turner

After taking Calvin at pick 21, I had a bit of a wait until I picked again at pick 39, after which I have several picks coming. I knew the elite level WR's would be gone, as well as a number of the solid RB's. I decided to take Michael Turner at 4.03. Part of the reasoning was the other RB's I wanted were gone, and second, I am convinced he will be a top 15 RB when he starts, with top 10 upside. I know I will most likely be waiting until next year, but the chance to get a 2nd round caliber RB in round 4 made the decision easy for me. It doesn't help me immediately, but the 2nd year and beyond value is excellent, as long as he turns into the RB that I think he will. Had he been traded, I believe he would have went in round 2. There was nobody else that stood out at this point in the draft.

4.10 RB Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones was a player I thought may slide because of his injury, and he slid all the way to the end of round 4. I am not really worried about the long term impact of his injury, and thus decided to take him here. He would have been a sure 2nd round pick if not for the injury. The reports have been good on his recovery and rehab, and I think this pick could be the steal of the draft. He may miss some time, but it wasn't enough to keep me from picking him. About 4-5 picks before the Turner pick came up, I had decided that I was taking both Turner and Jones if they were available. I am willing to take the risks associated with the Turner and Jones picks in order to get possible 2nd round caliber RB's. Those are not easy to find.

5.03 WR Braylon Edwards

I knew after the previous 2 picks that I was going WR. Last year, Braylon entered the season at less than 100% after suffering a torn ACL late in the 2005 season. I don't believe he was ever 100% last season. He finished 27th in this leagues scoring system last season. With him being 100% recovered, and with the natural 3rd year WR improvement, he could make a significant climb in the rankings. I think he was clearly the most talented WR available, and the last young WR that I think will be a future top 10 WR. I did not want to play it safe with this pick. There was nobody who stood out enough to take here, so this was another easy choice for me. I feel my long term future at WR is excellent with Calvin and Braylon, and I should not have any long term worries at this position for a number of years.

5.10 WR Hines Ward

I have my first older player, and it's a solid and consistent WR, Hines Ward. He has been solid year after year and I think Roethlisberger's injury and never really being healthy last year caused Ward to slide to this pick, because his numbers suffered, especially early. He was hurt and missed some time, but he has no injury history and that is not a concern. Adding Ward to Calvin Johnson, Braylon Edwards gives me a solid set of WR's, and he still should have a few top level years left. This is a great value pick in late round 5.

Current roster:

RB:

Larry Johnson

Michael Turner

Kevin Jones

WR:

Calvin Johnson

Braylon Edwards

Hines Ward

Prior to this, I made a trade. I traded my 6.09, 9.10 and 13.04 to Pasquino for his 7.06, 8.09 and 12.07. He inquired about moving up, and it was a good fit for me to move back. I now have the following upcoming picks: 7.06, 7.08, 8.09, 10.05, 11.10, 12.07, and 12.09.

Beaumont's Roustabouts

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB ® - 5 1.11

Portis, Clinton WAS RB - 4 2.02

Williams, Carnell TBB RB - 10 3.11

Brown, Reggie PHI WR - 5 5.11

Chambers, Chris MIA WR - 9 6.02

Moss, Randy NEP WR - 10 4.02

I feel Chambers and Brown offer the right mix of youth and potential.

I wish I had more insight other than to say I like the guys I picked where I picked them. Would have loved to have seen S. Moss fall to 5.11, but he would have been gone then even if he fell further.

I want to post an upsdate on my team but I want to get thru a few more rounds, the picture might look a little clearer but I'm stoked to get Bulger to go with Holt at 6.06...he went 5.01 in Active's draft.

thru 10, yes 10

Current Roster

Kitna, Jon DET QB

Romo, Tony DAL QB

Smith, Alex SFO QB

Barber, Marion DAL RB

Betts, Ladell WAS RB

Jones, Julius DAL RB

Williams, Carnell TBB RB

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR

Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR

Curtis, Kevin PHI WR

Jones, Brandon TEN WR

Jones, Matt JAC WR

Ward, Hines PIT WR

Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE

Smith, L.J. PHI TE

thru 10, yes 10Current Roster Kitna, Jon DET QB Romo, Tony DAL QB Smith, Alex SFO QB Barber, Marion DAL RB Betts, Ladell WAS RB Jones, Julius DAL RB Williams, Carnell TBB RB Boldin, Anquan ARI WR Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR Curtis, Kevin PHI WR Jones, Brandon TEN WR Jones, Matt JAC WR Ward, Hines PIT WR Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE Smith, L.J. PHI TE
That's just crazy!!! All those picks through 10 rounds ??? !!!!and only like 2-3 I'd have on my squad, lol... :mellow:

Detroit Demolishers:

1.04 RB Larry Johnson

2.09 WR Calvin Johnson

Previous picks made, and explained previously:1.04 RB Larry Johnson

2.09 WR Calvin Johnson

Upcoming picks after the above: 4.03, 4.09, 5.04, 5.10, 6.09, 7.08.

4.03 RB Michael Turner

After taking Calvin at pick 21, I had a bit of a wait until I picked again at pick 39, after which I have several picks coming. I knew the elite level WR's would be gone, as well as a number of the solid RB's. I decided to take Michael Turner at 4.03. Part of the reasoning was the other RB's I wanted were gone, and second, I am convinced he will be a top 15 RB when he starts, with top 10 upside. I know I will most likely be waiting until next year, but the chance to get a 2nd round caliber RB in round 4 made the decision easy for me. It doesn't help me immediately, but the 2nd year and beyond value is excellent, as long as he turns into the RB that I think he will. Had he been traded, I believe he would have went in round 2. There was nobody else that stood out at this point in the draft.

4.10 RB Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones was a player I thought may slide because of his injury, and he slid all the way to the end of round 4. I am not really worried about the long term impact of his injury, and thus decided to take him here. He would have been a sure 2nd round pick if not for the injury. The reports have been good on his recovery and rehab, and I think this pick could be the steal of the draft. He may miss some time, but it wasn't enough to keep me from picking him. About 4-5 picks before the Turner pick came up, I had decided that I was taking both Turner and Jones if they were available. I am willing to take the risks associated with the Turner and Jones picks in order to get possible 2nd round caliber RB's. Those are not easy to find.

5.03 WR Braylon Edwards

I knew after the previous 2 picks that I was going WR. Last year, Braylon entered the season at less than 100% after suffering a torn ACL late in the 2005 season. I don't believe he was ever 100% last season. He finished 27th in this leagues scoring system last season. With him being 100% recovered, and with the natural 3rd year WR improvement, he could make a significant climb in the rankings. I think he was clearly the most talented WR available, and the last young WR that I think will be a future top 10 WR. I did not want to play it safe with this pick. There was nobody who stood out enough to take here, so this was another easy choice for me. I feel my long term future at WR is excellent with Calvin and Braylon, and I should not have any long term worries at this position for a number of years.

5.10 WR Hines Ward

I have my first older player, and it's a solid and consistent WR, Hines Ward. He has been solid year after year and I think Roethlisberger's injury and never really being healthy last year caused Ward to slide to this pick, because his numbers suffered, especially early. He was hurt and missed some time, but he has no injury history and that is not a concern. Adding Ward to Calvin Johnson, Braylon Edwards gives me a solid set of WR's, and he still should have a few top level years left. This is a great value pick in late round 5.

Current roster:

RB:

Larry Johnson

Michael Turner

Kevin Jones

WR:

Calvin Johnson

Braylon Edwards

Hines Ward

Prior to this, I made a trade. I traded my 6.09, 9.10 and 13.04 to Pasquino for his 7.06, 8.09 and 12.07. He inquired about moving up, and it was a good fit for me to move back. I now have the following upcoming picks: 7.06, 7.08, 8.09, 10.05, 11.10, 12.07, and 12.09.
7.04 RB Julius JonesAs my 7.06 approached and I watched many solid RB's being taken, there was only one RB I liked that was available. Pick 7.04 was up, and with the owner of 7.05 only having 2 RB's at the time, I decided to make a trade to move up 2 spots to take Julius Jones. To do this, I traded my 12.07 for 13.08. Julius has averaged 90 yards per game over his career, and wont turn 26 years old until shortly before the season. With me drafting Michael Turner and questions about when Kevin Jones will play, this pick made a lot of sense....not to mention getting him in the middle of round 7. I consider this a very good value for the mid 7th round.

7.08 TE Chris Cooley

Cooley averaged about 8.8 points last year in the 9 games Brunell started, and averaged about 12.8 in the 7 games Campbell started. He was 2nd in scoring to Gates over the last 6 weeks of the season. He will turn 25 before the season, and all of this made him an easy choice. I feel he is going to have a breakout season this year, and be solid for a long time to come.

Current roster:

RB:

Larry Johnson

Michael Turner

Kevin Jones

Julius Jones

WR:

Calvin Johnson

Braylon Edwards

Hines Ward

TE: Chris Cooley

Upcoming picks: 8.09, 10.05, 11.10, 12.09, 13.08.

Thus far I am very happy with my team.

thru 10, yes 10Current Roster Kitna, Jon DET QB Romo, Tony DAL QB Smith, Alex SFO QB Barber, Marion DAL RB Betts, Ladell WAS RB Jones, Julius DAL RB Williams, Carnell TBB RB Boldin, Anquan ARI WR Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR Curtis, Kevin PHI WR Jones, Brandon TEN WR Jones, Matt JAC WR Ward, Hines PIT WR Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE Smith, L.J. PHI TE
That's just crazy!!! All those picks through 10 rounds ??? !!!!
trades, nothing til 15th now
and only like 2-3 I'd have on my squad, lol... :mellow:
huh? Why? who?

It's very odd as so many people seem to have made predraft trades and have picks in bunches. I've gone the standard route so far, picking once a round:

QB Matt Hasselbeck, SEA

QB Ben Roethsliberger, PIT

RB Frank Gore, SF

RB Marshawn Lynch, BUF

RB Jerious Norwood, ATL

RB Lendale White, TEN

WR Deion Branch, SEA

WR Darrell Jackson, SF

WR Javon Walker, DEN

I traded away my 7th rounder for a 1st rounder next year; so I'm through 10 rounds with the aforementioned squad. Not too many guys left that are guaranteed to contribute in 2007; time to start thinking long and hard about balancing the future with the now.

That's just crazy!!! All those picks through 10 rounds ??? !!!!and only like 2-3 I'd have on my squad, lol... :mellow:
Some of that may be true, I just can't get a beat on if this is a win now or later team.QB: I like it...not as high on Romo and SMith as some but you look good here.RB: Barber and Jones...which is the starter...Cadillac-fine, Betts is not startable as long as he is in Wash and Portis is healthy...I don't see the fire power here.WR:Boldin and Coles are fine although I see a slide for Boldin this season and he doesn't score TD. Ward is solid but nothing special...same as Coles...you don't have a top5 WR...maybe a top10 possibly if Boldin does not slide. Curtis, Jones and Jones...I guess the question here is will any of them outperform your other 3? They seem about on the same level...maybe you can package to upgrade somewhere but I am a little confused on why you brought in so many 4th and 5th tier WR.TE: Great. Gonzo and Smith is very nice.So do you see yourself winning now? 2008? 2009? Not sure I see the whole plan and I also think when you got all those picks in the late 9th early 10th that you had a different plan in mind...not sure the draft went exactly as you would have liked.

I traded away my 7th rounder for a 1st rounder next year; so I'm through 10 rounds with the aforementioned squad. Not too many guys left that are guaranteed to contribute in 2007; time to start thinking long and hard about balancing the future with the now.
2nd man, not 1st
Bri gave up Year 2008 Round 2 Draft Pick from BriFBGeezy Up in da Peezy gave up Year 2007 Draft Pick 7.08
I got Ladell Betts with that pick. Maybe he won't do too much in 07 but I felt he was better than any player I'd wind up getting in round 2 in 08 so I gave it a try.BTW I looked at Hass alot, I too was surprised he's there. The more I thought about it, older Shaun, DJax in SF, Stevens(and Milli?) gone, Hutch in Minny, long time since Koren, Engram's gettin' old.....he's not so rosey anymore. If Hackett comes thru, Hass will probably be just fine in the long run but he's really dropped IMO.It's taken maybe too long in some people's minds but I think Alex Smith blows up this year.Romo, couldn't ask for more from a 1st year starter really.Kitna, his 4k is a fall back plan or gives me a year to wait if those two haven't hit their stride yet.It was Hass vs each of them with each pick.

Some of that may be true, I just can't get a beat on if this is a win now or later team.
I think the trades gave me the luxury of both. As you know a great draft day doesn't equal a great future with injuries and trades and such but...feeling good now
QB: I like it...not as high on Romo and SMith as some but you look good here.
comments post before. To re-iterate, Kitna buys me some time and is good now. Those 2 are future+bye/injury covers
RB: Barber and Jones...which is the starter...Cadillac-fine, Betts is not startable as long as he is in Wash and Portis is healthy...I don't see the fire power here.
I could start both Cowboy RBs. While playing with Barber, Jones ran for a K. While playing with Jones, Barber had alot of TDs. If the Boys shift to one getting the Lion's share of the work maybe it's a prob but I don't see them messing with a sweet 1-2 punch. Betts was in a trade for a 2008 pick. I think he will be better than a 2nd round 08 player as evidenced by his 100+ yards per start in 06.
WR:Boldin and Coles are fine although I see a slide for Boldin this season and he doesn't score TD. Ward is solid but nothing special...same as Coles...you don't have a top5 WR...maybe a top10 possibly if Boldin does not slide. Curtis, Jones and Jones...I guess the question here is will any of them outperform your other 3? They seem about on the same level...maybe you can package to upgrade somewhere but I am a little confused on why you brought in so many 4th and 5th tier WR.
IIRC (and it's been months) Coles and Ward are effective week to week and not as up N down as most WRs. I value that a bit extra in PPR. I like Boldin better than Fitz....better than most, he's excellent IMO.Re-Curtis and the Jones' just depth and bye week covers AND youth too. Rookie WRs are going before Jones who stepped up last year. I favor the young guy that showed me something vs the unproven one. I think, have to see, my WR depth will be better than most. I think(again, things always look good now to the drafter) I avoided the weekly WW WR rat race that happens every season. BTW I think most underrate Curtis around here. Quite high on his value thus far into the drafting season.
TE: Great. Gonzo and Smith is very nice.
I didn't want Smith but he "shouldn't" be there. So much so I was looking if I missed an injury or something this morning.
So do you see yourself winning now? 2008? 2009? Not sure I see the whole plan and I also think when you got all those picks in the late 9th early 10th that you had a different plan in mind...not sure the draft went exactly as you would have liked.
Answerred part above.My 9th and 10th 6 picks were wide open.I seriously considerred 6 QBs, 6 rooks, 6 WRs etc and really push things down a notch "forcing" people to trade with me or having youth for the future. The rooks dwelled on me and...I just prefer 2nd and 3rd year guys over rooks.I think someone might be weak at TE or QB or WR and look to trade with me. If not, I'll be OK regardless so I'm happy here.

It's very odd as so many people seem to have made predraft trades and have picks in bunches. I've gone the standard route so far, picking once a round:QB Matt Hasselbeck, SEAQB Ben Roethsliberger, PITRB Frank Gore, SFRB Marshawn Lynch, BUFRB Jerious Norwood, ATLRB Lendale White, TENWR Deion Branch, SEAWR Darrell Jackson, SFWR Javon Walker, DENI traded away my 7th rounder for a 1st rounder next year; so I'm through 10 rounds with the aforementioned squad. Not too many guys left that are guaranteed to contribute in 2007; time to start thinking long and hard about balancing the future with the now.
Really nice squad there. You could use another live body at WR, but you're taking a lot of solid players. I have my doubts about Norwood's ability to be a featured back, but he's a quality player. LenDale could be a steal. Bottom line is that every guy on your roster can play ball. Nice. :goodposting:

It's very odd as so many people seem to have made predraft trades and have picks in bunches. I've gone the standard route so far, picking once a round:QB Matt Hasselbeck, SEAQB Ben Roethsliberger, PITRB Frank Gore, SFRB Marshawn Lynch, BUFRB Jerious Norwood, ATLRB Lendale White, TENWR Deion Branch, SEAWR Darrell Jackson, SFWR Javon Walker, DENI traded away my 7th rounder for a 1st rounder next year; so I'm through 10 rounds with the aforementioned squad. Not too many guys left that are guaranteed to contribute in 2007; time to start thinking long and hard about balancing the future with the now.
Really nice squad there. You could use another live body at WR, but you're taking a lot of solid players. I have my doubts about Norwood's ability to be a featured back, but he's a quality player. LenDale could be a steal. Bottom line is that every guy on your roster can play ball. Nice. :goodposting:
Thanks EBF...but this is simply a byproduct of my doing about 500 redraft leagues in my history but never doing a dynasty league before. I jumped at the chance to trade my 7th rounder to Bri for a 2nd rounder next year, but now I think that was a mistake. I really should've had a better understanding of what 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders mean in follow-on years before agreeing to that deal. I do like my squad so far, but having had that 7th rounder [which would've been one of three WRs who are now gone], I would've REALLY liked my squad.

I jumped at the chance to trade my 7th rounder to Bri for a 2nd rounder next year, but now I think that was a mistake. I really should've had a better understanding of what 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders mean in follow-on years before agreeing to that deal. I do like my squad so far, but having had that 7th rounder [which would've been one of three WRs who are now gone], I would've REALLY liked my squad.
I offerred the same deal to the guys before ya man
11. Bri / FBGeezy Up in da Peezy Trade Proposal Bri offers Year 2008 Round 2 Draft Pick from BriFBGeezy Up in da Peezy for Year 2007 Draft Pick 7.08 Thu May 3 9:42:26 p.m. ET 2007 12. Bri / Seattle Stars Trade Proposal Bri offers Year 2008 Round 2 Draft Pick from BriSeattle Stars for Year 2007 Draft Pick 7.07 Thu May 3 9:37:11 p.m. ET 2007 14. Bri / Violent Mood Swings Trade Proposal Bri offers Year 2008 Round 2 Draft Pick from BriViolent Mood Swings for Year 2007 Draft Pick 6.12 Thu May 3 2:48:26 p.m. ET 2007
I wasn't trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. Sorry ya feel that way about the trade now.

Users who are viewing this thread