What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Hill will be the #1 fantasy RB this year (1 Viewer)

As long as the Bengals are winning games, the have the luxury of waiting for Hill to get things going. All is fine in HillLand. Is he performing tp his draft status? Hell no. But I'm not pulling the fire alarm yet. Far from it.

I own both Hill and Gio in my biggest league.

Jeremy Hill..... welcome to my bench.

I will start Gio (if needed) or else just rely on some other crap I can dig off waivers.

This year I went against my trend of going WR-WR early, and this is one of the reasons why I had been going WR-WR for ages.

Its been nothing but a headache after week 1 honestly.

You kind of get to a point where you would rather take a 3 point outing from someone else, rather than putting Hill in and "hoping" for something, only to get the same 3 points or less.

I just don't see how anyone can start Hill from now on, unless something massively changes.

I doubt anything changes much (that we could reasonably forecast) next week vs. Buffalo either.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Question to the OP:

Last week you updated us with Jeremy Hill will NOT be the #1 fantasy RB this year. Now it says he WILL be the #1 fantasy RB this year.

So which is it?

3.3 ypc behind this O-line and with the passing game doing as good as it is. Tried to warn everyone he's just not that talented.

I was going to bench him. Instead, I traded him.
What did you get for him? Curious to see what some people think his "value" is at.
I included him in a package: Hill, Cooks and Evans for Ingram, BMarsh and JMatt.

So I guess you could say Hill for Ingram. My theory was Hill had good name value, but is playing second fiddle in an RBBC on a passing team, while Ingram is the clear lead back who is catching passes this year.

3.3 ypc behind this O-line and with the passing game doing as good as it is. Tried to warn everyone he's just not that talented.
He looked pretty damn talented last year. But you just weren't seeing it huh?

Freakin genius you are.

Ok so he's on my bench this week but with ej manual starting for the bills this is looking like a cincy romp. I wonder if cincy takes advantage of this situation by trying to get hill going. I realize gio is playing better but im pretty sure cincy wants both paying well. Tough matchup bit i have a sneaking suspicion after we all give up on him he has a good game. Wouldn't shock me to see 70+ yards and a td.

What did you get for him? Curious to see what some people think his "value" is at.
I included him in a package: Hill, Cooks and Evans for Ingram, BMarsh and JMatt.

So I guess you could say Hill for Ingram. My theory was Hill had good name value, but is playing second fiddle in an RBBC on a passing team, while Ingram is the clear lead back who is catching passes this year.
Redraft?

Redraft?
Yes.

Ok so he's on my bench this week but with ej manual starting for the bills this is looking like a cincy romp. I wonder if cincy takes advantage of this situation by trying to get hill going. I realize gio is playing better but im pretty sure cincy wants both paying well. Tough matchup bit i have a sneaking suspicion after we all give up on him he has a good game. Wouldn't shock me to see 70+ yards and a td.
This guy has been a death knell to me so far.

Play him in week 1, he does decent.

Play him in 2 and 3 and its outhouse juice extraordinaire.

So I bench him in week 4 and he blows up.

Start him the next week and its back to the goat excrement.

I was also shrewd enough to get Gio, so temporarily I'm starting Gio, and just hoping for something.

I can't risk these eggs from Hill costing me anymore....since I also have two other "popular underperformers" on that team in Demaryius Thomas and Russell Wilson.

What would be the best scenario, is both backs do something decent and get close to the same points.

Then maybe we can depend on Hill down the stretch.

Thats just hope though, I should probably trade them both and be done with that headache. :)

The thing thats truly worrisome, is the team came out today and said that Hill "is still our starter".

Probably means more of the same rollercoaster ride. SMH.

TZM

You joined this website in August. A bit late in the season for any issued warning to actually help. Assuming you had an argument that was a compelling reason why in your view that Hill is not talented.

The thing thats truly worrisome, is the team came out today and said that Hill "is still our starter".

Probably means more of the same rollercoaster ride. SMH.
As Hue Jackson said during the offseason, which RB is listed as the starter is not really relevant to the game plan that includes both RB that they intend to use as compliments to each other and based on match ups that defenses present.

When Hill was announced the starter towards the end of last season, that was significant because it meant a larger workload for Hill who was playing well at that time. Despite this Bernard continued to have a role in the offense and was used more during the playoffs when the Bengals were behind in the score against the Colts.

People have transferred this occurrence at the end of last season as what they expected the RBBC distribution to be moving forward. That has not been the case even though Hill has maintained his position as "the starter". The starter basically means Hill is more likely to be the RB in on the Bengals first drive. Not much more than that.

You joined this website in August. A bit late in the season for any issued warning to actually help. Assuming you had an argument that was a compelling reason why in your view that Hill is not talented.
Below average athleticism + didn't see anything special on tape. Most of his damage was from big holes created by O-line.

He's ok and capable but people were hyping him up as some special talent and he's not.

Below average athleticism + didn't see anything special on tape. Most of his damage was from big holes created by O-line.

He's ok and capable but people were hyping him up as some special talent and he's not.
I disagree with your OPINION.

Below average athleticism + didn't see anything special on tape. Most of his damage was from big holes created by O-line.He's ok and capable but people were hyping him up as some special talent and he's not.
Lol, ok expert

Another week of awful production. 15 for 52 yards, and a slick 5.20 in my league, against CLEVELAND no less.

Gio was 13 for 72 yards, and tack on another pass for 14 yards.

For weeks it was coach speak, and the coaching telling reporters "We stand behind Hill", etc. etc.

At what point does this cease? Does he literally have to fumble away a win in a crucial scenario?

Sure they are winning, but at some point this should be addressed.

If you are also a Gio owner, its frustrating as each one has just enough to hurt the other backs numbers.

I find it odd that after all these weeks of speaking about who will start, who they "believe in", there has been absolutely nothing coming out of Cincy on this, this past week. It seemed this was talked about each week, and yet again Gio has been better, and now silence.

This week they have Houston, but I don't see how you can have but so much faith in either one, even though its a plus matchup.

I really do not like to see any player injured....but it looks like that is the only thing that is going to make either one a true high end option at this point, is an injury.

This is just a guessing game at this point. Pick one and just hope for the best.

TZM

I don't think there is a whole lot to fix. CIN isn't that worried about our fantasy scores. Everything is clicking the way they need it to. Sharing carries and relying on the passing game when that's what the defenses allow is working. Its like a receiver in a Brees offense, everyone gets a turn and the stars' number suffer for it. Its terrible for us fantasy owners, but I don't think its not anything the Bengals feel compelled to change dramatically. For owners its the DeAngelo/Stewart dilemma all over again.

I don't think there is a whole lot to fix. CIN isn't that worried about our fantasy scores. Everything is clicking the way they need it to. Sharing carries and relying on the passing game when that's what the defenses allow is working. Its like a receiver in a Brees offense, everyone gets a turn and the stars' number suffer for it. Its terrible for us fantasy owners, but I don't think its not anything the Bengals feel compelled to change dramatically. For owners its the DeAngelo/Stewart dilemma all over again.
Hill avg 5.1 yds/ carry last year and 3.3. this year. The Bengals may not need to fix much since they are 8-0, but Hill sure does.

Luckily I have good depth in the leagues where I own him. Ivory/Stewart/Hillman in one, Gurley/CJ2K/Hillman in the other. He's on my bench until he shows signs of snapping out of it.

I had to start him this week, and irony of ironies, my match-up comes down to whether he can avoid being outscored by more than 12 points by ... wait for it ... Gio Bernard.

Yeah, I'm probably screwed.

Anyone else stuck deciding between Hill and Berndard tonight with their season on the line?

Related: Anyone else hate their team and think fantasy sports is stupid and maybe they should take up knitting?

Anyone else stuck deciding between Hill and Berndard tonight with their season on the line?

Related: Anyone else hate their team and think fantasy sports is stupid and maybe they should take up knitting?
Gut tells me this is a blow out and therefore Hill is the guy. Then again, this is a total guess and nothing would surprise me.

Gut tells me this is a blow out and therefore Hill is the guy. Then again, this is a total guess and nothing would surprise me.
Agreed - already looking forward to his 14-55 line

Agreed - already looking forward to his 14-55 line
I'd be thrilled with 55 yards at this point

He runs so much better when Dalton is under center. No idea why they keep trying to run him out of the shotgun.

Users who are viewing this thread