What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kendall Hunter (1 Viewer)

Explosive, great vision, and an aging Gore. Hunter will get his chance soon and when he does, look out.
3 career games over 40 yards rushing in the NFL(none over 80 yards) and you're this excited???
....and you're critizing a guy with such a small sample size and is not the starter for his respective team?
Yes because it's valid. You could then make the same argument for any RB with a small sample size.Standing on the table for someone to be a future top 10 RB takes more pull than he hasn't had a chance in my book. I'm also a fan of Hunter, but i'm not blind.

Explosive, great vision, and an aging Gore. Hunter will get his chance soon and when he does, look out.
3 career games over 40 yards rushing in the NFL(none over 80 yards) and you're this excited???
....and you're critizing a guy with such a small sample size and is not the starter for his respective team?
Yes because it's valid. You could then make the same argument for any RB with a small sample size.Standing on the table for someone to be a future top 10 RB takes more pull than he hasn't had a chance in my book. I'm also a fan of Hunter, but i'm not blind.
Sorry, but he looks the part in my eyes.

Oh. I thought there was some news or something. So nothing has changed. Thanks.
There really is only so many ways to say the same thing ;) but it does serve as a reminder to those interested to try and get him now before his value goes through the roof.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh. I thought there was some news or something. So nothing has changed. Thanks.
There really is only so many ways to say the same thing ;) but it does serve as a reminder to those interested to try and get him now before his value goes through the roof.
I drafted him last year and kept him in my dynasty league hoping Gore slows and he takes over. I myself am also excited for his potential considering the run-oriented team he's on, with a good o-line. Small sample size may not prove success, but it doesn't prove failure either. It's about his potential that he does possess and some feel he's got it.

And a team committed to the run with a great Offensive Line. However much I am a Hunter fan, I will say that I have heard a couple of writers say that the SF Offensive Line does not have the best scheme for a guy like Hunter, but works wonders for a guy like Gore. I won't lie-I don't know enough about it. But I'd love to hear if people think this is accurate or just gibberish I am reading.
:lol:

Oh. I thought there was some news or something. So nothing has changed.

Thanks.
I drafted him last year and kept him in my dynasty league hoping Gore slows and he takes over. I myself am also excited for his potential considering the run-oriented team he's on, with a good o-line. Small sample size may not prove success, but it doesn't prove failure either. It's about his potential that he does possess and some feel he's got it.
Where is this coming from? Because they had a great defense, limited their passing, and almost made the Super Bowl means they have some stud o-line? They've got some potential but this o-line is a long ways from being great. It's probably one of the biggest holes they have to fill this offseason.

Is anyone worried that Hunter may not be perceived as a grind it out/between the tackles RB by the coaches and will always be a situational runner?

Thanks.
Where is this coming from? Because they had a great defense, limited their passing, and almost made the Super Bowl means they have some stud o-line? They've got some potential but this o-line is a long ways from being great. It's probably one of the biggest holes they have to fill this offseason.
They have spent more on O-Line during this decade than they had the previous 2. Harbaugh puts Soap in for the Jumbo packages as well. What they need is a more dynamic passing attack to open up the box. As long as Alex Smith is content with pulling the ball down, the O-Line will continue to have the box stacked against them.

Thanks.
They have spent more on O-Line during this decade than they had the previous 2

. Harbaugh puts Soap in for the Jumbo packages as well. What they need is a more dynamic passing attack to open up the box. As long as Alex Smith is content with pulling the ball down, the O-Line will continue to have the box stacked against them.
:lmao: You come up with some odd angles sometimes but this one is silly even by your standards.

Thanks.
They have spent more on O-Line during this decade than they had the previous 2

. Harbaugh puts Soap in for the Jumbo packages as well. What they need is a more dynamic passing attack to open up the box. As long as Alex Smith is content with pulling the ball down, the O-Line will continue to have the box stacked against them.
:lmao: You come up with some odd angles sometimes but this one is silly even by your standards.
WAT. I can start with Kwame Harris to Jonas Jennings, who the latter was Marathe's first big FA acquisition. Then onto Allen, Bass, Snyder, Rachal, Staley, Iupati, Davis, Goodwin, etc. They still have to fit in Kilgore too. Before that, it was Harris Barton as the 1st round pick before Kwame. Remember Jeremy Newberry?

WAT. I can start with Kwame Harris to Jonas Jennings, who the latter was Marathe's first big FA acquisition. Then onto Allen, Bass, Snyder, Rachal, Staley, Iupati, Davis, Goodwin, etc. They still have to fit in Kilgore too.

Before that, it was Harris Barton as the 1st round pick before Kwame. Remember Jeremy Newberry?
What's your point? If money is spent the player cannot bust and must be great? Are you honestly going to sit here and argue the players you mentioned are studs?See for yourselves how the SF o-line fared: http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

The left side of the o-line is fine (Staley/Iupati). The right side is barely mediocre on a good day (and that's assuming none get hurt). There's potential but thus far it's come nowhere near living up to it. Kilgore looks like he has some potential but to rely on last year's 5th round pick is asking a bit much. Anthony Davis has finally shown glimpses but it's been sporadic. Snyder was passable at times and Rachal should be banned from the city of San Francisco.

WAT. I can start with Kwame Harris to Jonas Jennings, who the latter was Marathe's first big FA acquisition. Then onto Allen, Bass, Snyder, Rachal, Staley, Iupati, Davis, Goodwin, etc. They still have to fit in Kilgore too.

Before that, it was Harris Barton as the 1st round pick before Kwame. Remember Jeremy Newberry?
What's your point? If money is spent the player cannot bust and must be great? Are you honestly going to sit here and argue the players you mentioned are studs?See for yourselves how the SF o-line fared: http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

The left side of the o-line is fine (Staley/Iupati). The right side is barely mediocre on a good day (and that's assuming none get hurt). There's potential but thus far it's come nowhere near living up to it. Kilgore looks like he has some potential but to rely on last year's 5th round pick is asking a bit much. Anthony Davis has finally shown glimpses but it's been sporadic. Snyder was passable at times and Rachal should be banned from the city of San Francisco.
Where did I say they were studs? Did you read Kwame Harris and Jonas Jennings? What I'm saying is true that they have spent more on draft picks and FA's on the O-Line than they have the past 2 decades. They have Mike Solari as coach. They are still working in a new offense that is gonna be more run based with a bit of WCO peppered in. They also have TE's up the rear end, along with inserting D-Line guys for the Jumbo. How much more do they have to spend when the QB holds onto the ball or can't read a blitz? If they spend on 2 more O-Line players, that would be even more unprecedented than Siefert spending it on D-Line players instead of O-Line. Alex Smith took 44 sacks this season under a better line than 2006 where he took less. That's the price you pay with a conservative passing attack, even though Smith had a lot more weapons in 2011 as opposed to 2006. Better QB play will help the o-line more, and create more space for Hunter who is small and not the Bell Cow Gore was. If Smith can't get a pre-snap read or is slow in his progressions (read his entire career), then all the $$ in Denise's purse won't help with more O-Line guys who still have to fit in that offense.

Where did I say they were studs? Did you read Kwame Harris and Jonas Jennings? What I'm saying is true that they have spent more on draft picks and FA's on the O-Line than they have the past 2 decades. They have Mike Solari as coach. They are still working in a new offense that is gonna be more run based with a bit of WCO peppered in. They also have TE's up the rear end, along with inserting D-Line guys for the Jumbo. How much more do they have to spend when the QB holds onto the ball or can't read a blitz? If they spend on 2 more O-Line players, that would be even more unprecedented than Siefert spending it on D-Line players instead of O-Line. Alex Smith took 44 sacks this season under a better line than 2006 where he took less. That's the price you pay with a conservative passing attack, even though Smith had a lot more weapons in 2011 as opposed to 2006. Better QB play will help the o-line more, and create more space for Hunter who is small and not the Bell Cow Gore was. If Smith can't get a pre-snap read or is slow in his progressions (read his entire career), then all the $$ in Denise's purse won't help with more O-Line guys who still have to fit in that offense.
I don't know what your point is. Two people claimed SF's o-line is something special. I pointed out it actually kind of sucks. I even linked to footballoutsiders and they agree it's not a good o-line. You apparently disagree and cited the fact they've spent a bunch of money and drafted players who still suck but might not suck at some point because they have Solari? Or they don't really suck because it's Alex who is killing them (nevermind the fact he doesn't seem to kill Staley/Iupati)? Or because they have a group of sucky players means they can't cut ties and try again with new players?I don't know what you're arguing nor do I care to find out. The people of this thread can judge for themselves what to make of the line Hunter runs behind.

Thanks.
I never said that. You are putting words in my mouth. I also never said they had a good o-line because of a great defense, passing limitations, and the fact that they nearly made the Super Bowl. I agree they have potential and they are a ways from being great so I'm not sure how that statement can be used as a rebuttal. Not much of anything you said was accurate.

Thanks.
I never said that. You are putting words in my mouth. I also never said they had a good o-line because of a great defense, passing limitations, and the fact that they nearly made the Super Bowl. I agree they have potential and they are a ways from being great so I'm not sure how that statement can be used as a rebuttal. Not much of anything you said was accurate.
You said they have a good o-line. Someone else said they have a great o-line. They have neither. I don't give a damn why you said it. The reasons were speculation because I can't imagine why else someone would think they have a good o-line. My statement of the o-line not being good is perfectly accurate. If you're going to claim I'm wrong please link to something that shows some facts.

I don't know what your point is. Two people claimed SF's o-line is something special. I pointed out it actually kind of sucks. I even linked to footballoutsiders and they agree it's not a good o-line. You apparently disagree and cited the fact they've spent a bunch of money and drafted players who still suck but might not suck at some point because they have Solari? Or they don't really suck because it's Alex who is killing them (nevermind the fact he doesn't seem to kill Staley/Iupati)? Or because they have a group of sucky players means they can't cut ties and try again with new players?I don't know what you're arguing nor do I care to find out. The people of this thread can judge for themselves what to make of the line Hunter runs behind.
The 49ers are one of the better rushing teams in the NFC. That's where Staley and Iupati ain't killing them. But you are arrogant to not identify that THEY HAVE INVESTED IN O-LINE FOR A DECADE. Even going out and getting one of the better O-Line coaches out there. That's where you're confused because either you don't know much about the team you root for, or are just too lazy to figure it out. I'm not arguing with you. I'm just pointing out what, when and who the 49ers have invested in. Poor O-Line play is an overall offensive problem, and it starts behind center. That many players invested shows a more systemic issue than the individuals. If they get 2 more guys and they still rank in the bottom passing tier, then where is the real problem? Heck why am I asking you? You won't give me an answer that has any meat to it anyway since you don't know much about the 49ers.

The 49ers are one of the better rushing teams in the NFC. That's where Staley and Iupati ain't killing them. But you are arrogant to not identify that THEY HAVE INVESTED IN O-LINE FOR A DECADE. Even going out and getting one of the better O-Line coaches out there. That's where you're confused because either you don't know much about the team you root for, or are just too lazy to figure it out. I'm not arguing with you. I'm just pointing out what, when and who the 49ers have invested in. Poor O-Line play is an overall offensive problem, and it starts behind center. That many players invested shows a more systemic issue than the individuals. If they get 2 more guys and they still rank in the bottom passing tier, then where is the real problem? Heck why am I asking you? You won't give me an answer that has any meat to it anyway since you don't know much about the 49ers.
I don't care how long they've invested in the o-line or how much money they've invested in it. They can spend $50 million dollars a year and draft a lineman in the first round every single draft. But if they take the wrong players the line is still going to suck. Maybe your point is they're going to stop sucking one of these years because they keep investing in the line. I agree. At some point they won't suck. But right now? It's not good. If Staley/Iupati "ain't killing them" then how do you explain the other guys if it's all on Alex Smith? Would the line look better if Peyton Manning were throwing the ball? Sure. But it's still a lousy o-line. If they get 2 more guys who suck the problem is their scouting.

I don't care how long they've invested in the o-line or how much money they've invested in it. They can spend $50 million dollars a year and draft a lineman in the first round every single draft. But if they take the wrong players the line is still going to suck. Maybe your point is they're going to stop sucking one of these years because they keep investing in the line. I agree. At some point they won't suck. But right now? It's not good. If Staley/Iupati "aren't killing them" then how do you explain the other guys if it's all on Alex Smith? Would the line look better if Peyton Manning were throwing the ball? Sure. But it's still a lousy o-line. If they get 2 more guys who suck the problem is their scouting.
You know who was one of their chief scouts don't you? The guy they just extended as GM. Kinda looks like McGlouhan drafting BPA and size, don't it? That was the philosophy then as far as o-line. Meanwhile, Gore became the All Time leading rusher for the 49ers. Now tell me a bit about the passing game, will ya?

You know who was one of their chief scouts don't you? The guy they just extended as GM. Kinda looks like McGlouhan drafting BPA and size, don't it? That was the philosophy then as far as o-line. Meanwhile, Gore became the All Time leading rusher for the 49ers. Now tell me a bit about the passing game, will ya?
WTF does this have to do with the o-line not being good? A good GM can never make bad picks? How is it possible Alex Smith is killing the right side of the line but the left side of the line does fine? http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/olAre football outsiders also lying about the Niners o-line? Would they change their rating of the o-line if only they were able to list the every player the team has drafted/signed for the past decade?

WTF does this have to do with the o-line not being good? A good GM can never make bad picks? How is it possible Alex Smith is killing the right side of the line but the left side of the line does fine? http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/olAre football outsiders also lying about the Niners o-line? Would they change their rating of the o-line if only they were able to list the every player the team has drafted/signed for the past decade?
Well I can ask Florida Danny Tuccito why FO ranks the 49ers there (good guy who is a 49er fan and an assistant editor now at FO), but Smith still took 44 sacks. You realize that's eleven sacks less the Martz era with JTO and Shaun Hill? Is Harbaugh's offense anything near Martz's?

Well I can ask Florida Danny Tuccito why FO ranks the 49ers there (good guy who is a 49er fan and an assistant editor now at FO), but Smith still took 44 sacks. You realize that's eleven sacks less the Martz era with JTO and Shaun Hill? Is Harbaugh's offense anything near Martz's?
You should click the link I've included more than once before arguing against it. The break down the o-line play for rushing and passing. The Niners don't fare well in either area. Unless you're going to argue teams are stacking the line which hurts the entire o-line except for 2 out of the 5 guys. But if you prefer to mention guys who haven't played with the team for 3-4 years (Kwame, Jonas) and think that's somehow relevant to how SF's o-line is currently doing then rock on.In the meantime, I'll take you up on your offer to ask Danny why he ranks SF there. Please bump this thread when you've received a response

You should click the link I've included more than once before arguing against it. The break down the o-line play for rushing and passing. The Niners don't fare well in either area. Unless you're going to argue teams are stacking the line which hurts the entire o-line except for 2 out of the 5 guys. But if you prefer to mention guys who haven't played with the team for 3-4 years (Kwame, Jonas) and think that's somehow relevant to how SF's o-line is currently doing then rock on.In the meantime, I'll take you up on your offer to ask Danny why he ranks SF there. Please bump this thread when you've received a response
Well, 5th @ rushing in the NFC in a Kendall Hunter thread doesn't mean anything I guess.

Well, 5th @ rushing in the NFC in a Kendall Hunter thread doesn't mean anything I guess.
When you talk to Danny be sure to ask him that as well. Make sure he didn't overlook things like rushing yards. :thumbup:

When you talk to Danny be sure to ask him that as well. Make sure he didn't overlook things like rushing yards. :thumbup:
1200+ yards on legs that have rushed under caveman pancake offenses while still not 100%. Maybe you should have more of a problem with Dixon than the o-line.

Thanks.
You said they have a good o-line. Someone else said they have a great o-line. They have neither. I don't give a damn why you said it. The reasons were speculation because I can't imagine why else someone would think they have a good o-line. My statement of the o-line not being good is perfectly accurate. If you're going to claim I'm wrong please link to something that shows some facts.
Not everyone on this board has time to invest researching statistics before they make a comment. I'll be sure to check with you from now on before I do.

Not everyone on this board has time to invest researching statistics before they make a comment. I'll be sure to check with you from now on before I do.
You made an ignorant comment. No problem, as we all do that sometimes. When I corrected your erroneous statement you got pissy and and defensive. If you have no clue what you're talking about and are going to cry when someone corrects you it might just be best if you refrained from saying anything.

1200+ yards on legs that have rushed under caveman pancake offenses while still not 100%. Maybe you should have more of a problem with Dixon than the o-line.
You're losing steam. Dixon is now the problem? Should we ignore the fact SF was 3rd in rushing attempts but 19th in ypc? What does Danny have to say about this?Hunter might be a great talent but he's going to have his work cut out for him unless the o-line gets its act together.

You made an ignorant comment. No problem, as we all do that sometimes. When I corrected your erroneous statement you got pissy and and defensive. If you have no clue what you're talking about and are going to cry when someone corrects you it might just be best if you refrained from saying anything.
I didn't realize you had to be a self proclaimed football expert in order to join a fantasy football discussion. But, as a matter of fact, it is people like you that cause me to read the threads regularly as opposed to respond to them. Why? Because I prefer not to get the childish backlash that you get if you disagree with someone or you supposedly get a small bit of information incorrect, even thought that wasn't the point of the discussion to begin with, because then I do feel the need to respond.

I didn't realize you had to be a self proclaimed football expert in order to join a fantasy football discussion. But, as a matter of fact, it is people like you that cause me to read the threads regularly as opposed to respond to them. Why? Because I prefer not to get the childish backlash that you get if you disagree with someone or you supposedly get a small bit of information incorrect, even thought that wasn't the point of the discussion to begin with, because then I do feel the need to respond.
Claiming SF has a good o-line when they do NOT have a good o-line is not getting a "small bit of information incorrect". Should I start a thread claiming Tom Brady is a pretty bad quarterback and when it gets pointed out I'm totally wrong just claim it's a "small bit of information incorrect"? Small stuff is getting a player's age wrong. Or being slightly off on attempts, etc. I don't care if someone disagrees with me. It happens often. Nor do I care if there are a few minor bits of information that are incorrect here and there. But saying an o-line is good when it is in fact closer to being bad is in no way a "small bit". You said something that was clearly wrong. I corrected it. You decided to dismiss it by saying "Not everyone on this board has time to invest researching statistics before they make a comment. I'll be sure to check with you from now on before I do." That's not childish backlash? C'mon. Insult me or don't. I don't mind either way. But don't throw a tantrum because I corrected you then when I tell you to keep quiet if you have a problem with being corrected cry it's other folk who are coming at you with childish backlash. And what I did for my research was type in footballoutsiders.com then click one button. That's it. That's the time I invested.Hell, none need be an expert. I don't even know where I stand on Hunter. I appreciate everyone saying they think he looks good/bad/okay. I'm a tad skeptical he's going to replace Gore but it's all just opinions. I've corrected none of it. Because who can factually argue? But if Hunter is going to live up to his potential (whatever that potential may be) that offensive line really needs to step up. If Hunter/Gore struggle behind a bad line there are excuses and reasons for dynasty owners to be optimistic (if only they improve, watch out!). If Hunter/Gore struggle behind a good line then it's time to get nervous.

In 2009 they were 30th in yards rushing. 2010 they were 19th. 2011 they were 8th.

But somehow you still are acting ignorant to the fact that I never said the word stud in any of this. It goes to show how you're reaching because you simply are ignorant. They are in a new offense with 2 second year starters without a training camp and with Alex Smith @ QB. If you like playing "Dumb 49er Fan Guy" then have at it. You've been doing a great job at it for months, and you show now sign of slowing down. :banned:

ETA: FO has the line ranked at 13th in 2010. Guess what? Mostly the same players sans Goodwin. Most of the line consisted of 1st and 2nd round picks too.

:lol: I give up with you drummer. I think I've stated my opinion. If someone else wants to discuss it I'm game. Feel free to dismiss my posts if you feel drummer has made a compelling case.

:lol: I give up with you drummer. I think I've stated my opinion. If someone else wants to discuss it I'm game. Feel free to dismiss my posts if you feel drummer has made a compelling case.
I'm always game to help a fellow 49er fan out. You on the other hand...

Football connoisseur Sigmund Bloom via Twitter seems to think they "definitely" have a good run blocking o-line and adequate pass blocking, so I'm not the only one.

Simple question. If Hunter were available with all the incoming rookies in a dynasty league's rookie draft, where would you take him? 4th? 8th? 10th? Just curious on what his value is today compared to incoming rookies.

Simple question. If Hunter were available with all the incoming rookies in a dynasty league's rookie draft, where would you take him? 4th? 8th? 10th? Just curious on what his value is today compared to incoming rookies.
Great question. I personally wouldn't take him before Luck, RGIII, Richardson, Blackmon, maybe more. Aside from the big names I have not looked into the upcoming class yet.

I feel he deserves to be the 2nd or 3rd RB off the board.Richardson, then either Martin or Hunter. Some would argue Lamar Miller and David Wilson. That puts him in the 8-12 range of the 1st rd of rookie drafts.

8-12 actually seems about right to me, even though I'm a bit leery of his prospects. I don't know that he'll see enough touches to become what some are touting him to be. His rookie year proved nothing either way so it'll be interesting to see how he progresses.

'JohnnyU said:
'matttyl said:
I feel he deserves to be the 2nd or 3rd RB off the board.Richardson, then either Martin or Hunter. Some would argue Lamar Miller and David Wilson. That puts him in the 8-12 range of the 1st rd of rookie drafts.
Asking because I currently have the 8th rookie pick, with no real needs. I have an offer of the #15 rookie pick, a very late rookie pick (#40some) and a 2014 1st round rookie pick (10 team league) for the #8 rookie pick as well. I think I'm going with that over A)drafting someone with it or B)trading it for a RB like Kendall Hunter

'JohnnyU said:
'matttyl said:
If I combined the last 2 this is how I rank them. Hunter would be 5th in this years class IMO.RichardsonDoug MartinMikel LeShoureRyan WilliamsDemarco MurrayDavid WilsonMark IngramLaMichael JamesLamar MillerDaniel ThomasKendall HunterBernard PierceQuiz RodgersVereenRidleyDelone CarterBilal Powell

'JohnnyU said:
'matttyl said:
If I combined the last 2 this is how I rank them. Hunter would be 5th in this years class IMO.RichardsonDoug MartinMikel LeShoureRyan WilliamsDemarco MurrayDavid WilsonMark IngramLaMichael JamesDaniel ThomasKendall HunterBernard PierceQuiz RodgersVereenRidleyDelone CarterBilal Powell
Don't see how anyone would prefer plodders like Carter and Powell over Lamar Miller.

'JohnnyU said:
'matttyl said:
If I combined the last 2 this is how I rank them. Hunter would be 5th in this years class IMO.RichardsonDoug MartinMikel LeShoureRyan WilliamsDemarco MurrayDavid WilsonMark IngramLaMichael JamesDaniel ThomasKendall HunterBernard PierceQuiz RodgersVereenRidleyDelone CarterBilal Powell
Don't see how anyone would prefer plodders like Carter and Powell over Lamar Miller.
Knew I forgot someone...added him.

I hope everyone here remembers a guy named CJ Spiller. Highly touted rookie, then bad rookie season. Lots of people wrote him off and sold him cheap in most leagues. Now, he's being listed in the top 15 dynasty RB's for pretty much every list.

Basically, don't discount Hunter yet IMO. He had some good and bad stuff happen this year. Gore won't last for ever, so I think Hunter will get his opportunity sooner rather than later.

'ffguru56 said:
Football connoisseur Sigmund Bloom via Twitter seems to think they "definitely" have a good run blocking o-line and adequate pass blocking, so I'm not the only one.
Local beat writer Matt Maiocco says the o-line "did not fare well", it was an up and down season, and gave them a 'C' grade for the year.

Users who are viewing this thread