What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lawrence Phillips (1 Viewer)

PFT reported the victim was the cousin of former USC WR and JAX bust, R.J. Soward, who played only one underwhelming season before substance abuse suspensions derailed his NFL career.

Bust on bust (relative) crime.

If a 39 year old is found not breathing in a cell with a dude like Larry's background, it didn't seem likely to be something such as a freak undiagnosed bee sting allergy.

Last edited by a moderator:
If a 39 year old is found not breathing in a cell with a dude like Larry's background, it didn't seem likely to be something such as a freak undiagnosed bee sting allergy.
This autopsy is on par with winter pot hole repair regarding wasted public funds.

I know it's a bad thing to say, but I'm a diehard 49er fan.........so the dudes true crime was killing or ending Steve Youngs career. I hope he gets treated like Auto from sons of anarchy the rest of his days.

Our world is a horrible place-- he lived an awful life & made countless awful decisions that negatively affected and ruined the lives of many. If anyone knows his story, grew up getting beat, lived in a car, lived in the street, almost beat to death.... they wouldn't agree with what he has done, but they also would hopefully be thankful for what they have and how they were raised.

This thread is horrible-- the comments here are disgusting. Look your selves in the mirror dudes and say thank you. Say thanks that your dad didnt try to strangle you and you didnt see your mom get murdered on the street selling drugs when you were 10. LP did, and he never recovered.

Our world is a horrible place-- he lived an awful life & made countless awful decisions that negatively affected and ruined the lives of many. If anyone knows his story, grew up getting beat, lived in a car, lived in the street, almost beat to death.... they wouldn't agree with what he has done, but they also would hopefully be thankful for what they have and how they were raised.

This thread is horrible-- the comments here are disgusting. Look your selves in the mirror dudes and say thank you. Say thanks that your dad didnt try to strangle you and you didnt see your mom get murdered on the street selling drugs when you were 10. LP did, and he never recovered.
On the other hand, Phillips was born with much more natural talent than any of us and had ample chances to straighten out and be a successful, wealthy man. I feel zero sympathy. He was given a gift most of us would give anything for. And he psssed it away.

On the other hand, Phillips was born with much more natural talent than any of us and had ample chances to straighten out and be a successful, wealthy man. I feel zero sympathy. He was given a gift most of us would give anything for. And he psssed it away.
I'm on this side of the statement.

One of the greatest things that fans love and relate to about athletes is when we hear the stories of accomplishment and overcoming odds that SO MANY of these guys do. Who was it? Donald Driver who was living in his car for a year before latching on to the Packers permanently? I remember an interview with Trace Armstrong (Bears DE back a while) who was pretty solid and how he talked about how he didn't realize his mom wasn't eating so that he could..so that he could continue to develop, perform, stay in school, play football, etc.

So there's not much sympathy to go around when we see a guy who was given RARE physical abilities and we KNOW that he was surrounded by an absolute task squad of people who were bending over backwards to help him socially, academically (probably financially) when he was a hot prospect and all he did was throw it all away and waste people's time and try to live life lazy (for lack of a better word) because he didn't run with the opportunity...he just tried to keep skating by as if it suddenly would all come easy.

Yes, there are people who get RAW deals early and no kid deserves it but at the same time, we live in a society in this country where help is there for people who want help. Unfortunately, some people see it as a "free ride" ticket...play the victim, get the free pass.

Thanks, Lawrence. You did good for once. We need more murderers to finish themselves off.
Sure he was a screw up, and he did it to himself and has no one to blame, but this is what I have come to expect from the internet community.

You took the time to type this up when you could have just thought it to yourself. Stay classy.

So funny people will trash others on this site for having another opinion about football, but when it comes to character the true test is at times like these. It really shows the person you are.

Wishing people death or enjoying ones death makes you no better than someone who would take a life in my book. Death is a miserable thing even if the person deserves it. Should never be celebrated.

I also dont know what this guy posted below, but I am almost certain his true character was revealed too.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by JuniorNB. View it anyway?

Thanks, Lawrence. You did good for once. We need more murderers to finish themselves off.
Sure he was a screw up, and he did it to himself and has no one to blame, but this is what I have come to expect from the internet community.

You took the time to type this up when you could have just thought it to yourself. Stay classy.

So funny people will trash others on this site for having another opinion about football, but when it comes to character the true test is at times like these. It really shows the person you are.

Wishing people death or enjoying ones death makes you no better than someone who would take a life in my book. Death is a miserable thing even if the person deserves it. Should never be celebrated.

I also dont know what this guy posted below, but I am almost certain his true character was revealed too.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by JuniorNB. View it anyway?
I said Phillips was a great guy and he will be missed.

:lol: Even funnier is that he can't read what you just wrote. That's what one gets for putting someone on ignore. He missed his chance at a share of the winning Powerball ticket. Costly use of the ignore feature.

:lol: Even funnier is that he can't read what you just wrote. That's what one gets for putting someone on ignore. He missed his chance at a share of the winning Powerball ticket. Costly use of the ignore feature.
LOL He doesn't have me on ignore. He always reads my posts and once in a while, blocks me long enough to post that I'm blocked. lol His entire rant about wishing him dead was aimed at me. The poor kid is obsessed. LOL In fact, he PM'd me last week commenting on something I said. He's definitely a teenager. In fact, my teenage daughter is miles more mature than he is. Hi Jaybird ;)

I can see when you quote him, please dont. But, I'll take my chances on the Powerball seeing as how you have the same chance as I.

-The adjusted lump-sum payout is around $675,000,000 and growing.

-The cost of 1 ticket is $2.

-The odds of winning are 1 in 292,000,000. Terrible odds, right?

-Let's say you buy all of the ticket combinations for $584,000,000 (theoretically guaranteeing a win. I know...just keep reading).

-Investment is $584 million, return is $675 million (or more). While the odds are awful, the return is massive. Using these numbers, the investment to return ratio is *theoretically* 1:1.16.

-Continuing with the math, every $2 ticket gets you 1/292,000,000 of the $675,000,000 jackpot. Divided out, that creates a potential return of $2.32 per ticket. There it is: $2 will get you a ticket theoretically worth $2.32.

Okay, I know...lots of fallacies. Mostly, no one can buy all of the tickets and there is a high probability that there will be multiple winners (thus, reducing the jackpot). In my completely unqualified and unsolicited opinion, I think buying a modest number of PowerBall tickets is far less than stupid when the potential monetary return per number combo exceeds the cost of the ticket. I would be interested in hearing from an statistician or economist on the numbers as I'm sure I'm missing some crucial factors. Nonetheless, I will be investing.

I can see when you quote him, please dont. But, I'll take my chances on the Powerball seeing as how you have the same chance as I.

-Let's say you buy all of the ticket combinations for $584,000,000 (theoretically guaranteeing a win. I know...just keep reading).

-Investment is $584 million, return is $675 million (or more). While the odds are awful, the return is massive. Using these numbers, the investment to return ratio is *theoretically* 1:1.16.

-Continuing with the math, every $2 ticket gets you 1/292,000,000 of the $675,000,000 jackpot. Divided out, that creates a potential return of $2.32 per ticket. There it is: $2 will get you a ticket theoretically worth $2.32.

Okay, I know...lots of fallacies. Mostly, no one can buy all of the tickets and there is a high probability that there will be multiple winners (thus, reducing the jackpot). In my completely unqualified and unsolicited opinion, I think buying a modest number of PowerBall tickets is far less than stupid when the potential monetary return per number combo exceeds the cost of the ticket. I would be interested in hearing from an statistician or economist on the numbers as I'm sure I'm missing some crucial factors. Nonetheless, I will be investing.
Don't forget about the ~93 mil you'd get from your non jackpot winning tickets getting stuff like 1 million for matching the 5 numbers without the PB, etc.

A guy with his background just doesn't have a realistic shot at learning and creating the personal foundation and strength it would take to lead the life that he fell into. All the talent in the world and no clue what to do with it. Sad end imho.

If you can join a large pool then the argument is a lot stronger. However, for an individual there's not much difference in reality between winning a $100M jackpot and $675M jackpot.

The Ravens were thinking of taking him with their first-ever draft pick. Instead, they took Jon Ogden (which flowed into taking Ray Lewis later that round).

JuniorNB said:
packer_junkie said:

Wow gross.

dirtyjay said:
lod01 said:

You beat me to it. I wasn't a fan, but your comment is ignorant and offensive

It's amazing how confident some people are in their ability to deal with truly traumatic events at such an impressionable age. There's no way, in their mind, that these events would affect them in a negative way. Then someone will cut that same person off in traffic on the way home today and he'll damn near run them over in retaliation.

Amazing.

JuniorNB said:
packer_junkie said:

Wow gross.
I didnt even see that because I have the guy on ignore. Easy to see why I do now. I just wish people would stop quoting him so I didnt have to see it.

I wonder if hearing the news regarding the Rams move prompted him to thinking about how much he ####ed up his life. I mean, they found him unresponsive just after midnight so he would have done it the same day as the Rams moving back to L.A.

JuniorNB said:
packer_junkie said:

Wow gross.
I didnt even see that because I have the guy on ignore. Easy to see why I do now. I just wish people would stop quoting him so I didnt have to see it.
The obsession continues

Sad all the way around. Sad for the victims who likely were just trying to help Phillips as best they could. Sad for Tom Osbourne although he had very little to do with Phillips choices and it sounds like he did everything he could to try and help LP. Sad for the family of Phillips who watched him go down this path although it sounds like his mom n dad were a real piece of work.

I understand folks wanting to have a tough front towards domestic violence, it's a terrible epidemic in this country, no one I know supports men or women abusing their spouses. That said I doubt many of us knew LP personally and I am sure there are lots of folks like Phillips in the prison system and it's easy to just cast judgement.

I take no joy in hearing about someone who ended their life in prison. Not to mention that justice was LP serving his entire 31 years for the crimes he committed. A lot of prisoners would like to kill themselves. I think Phillips realized after he killed Soward that he had no conscience left and he might kill again. I also feel like CTE added to the mix of bad childhood and rage made things a lot worse. No excuses for LP, he made his bed and he died in it.

Still a sad situation all the way around.

The Ravens were thinking of taking him with their first-ever draft pick. Instead, they took Jon Ogden (which flowed into taking Ray Lewis later that round).
Wow. Think of what they could have done together...and gotten away with.

I hope if he has any family that cares for his troubled soul they will allow his brain to get examined for potential CTE trauma. His behaviour since his Nebraska days apx 20 years ago has been disturbing. It seemed like he never got it and wanted failure where ever he played. Maybe he no choice though.

JuniorNB said:
packer_junkie said:

If he has brain damage similar to a boxer his behaviour might not be his fault. We don't know what was going through his brain as there are no tests for CTE. Shoot many boxers get licenses to box and clearly have motor skills impairment and are clearly in the early stages of Puglistic Dementia. Our knowledge on brain damage is still in the elementary stages.

dirtyjay said:
lod01 said:
JuniorNB said:
dirtyjay said:
lod01 said:

OK, I'll play along...

Suppose you bought 292,000,000 tickets...how would you go about actually doing that? Filling out sheets for each number? Having a sales rep key punch all numbers in? Would the lottery machine break down or be able to print all of those tickets in time for the drawing?

Plus, if you did win, your post-tax outlay of $584,000,000 versus a taxable payout of 1.5B, less taxes, and the fact that others may win too...make it a gamble that would be really foolish.

JuniorNB said:
packer_junkie said:

Wow gross.
The obsession continues
Hope you don't mind my quoting you. :lmao: Man this guy can't stop mentioning that he has you on ignore. I am really impressed. :thumbup:

Maybe Phillips finished himself off on this day because people might remember him. 'You remember when the Rams moved'? 'Yeah, it was the same day Phillips did something positive for humanity'.

JuniorNB said:
packer_junkie said:

Wow gross.
The obsession continues
Hope you don't mind my quoting you. :lmao: Man this guy can't stop mentioning that he has you on ignore. I am really impressed. :thumbup:

Maybe Phillips finished himself off on this day because people might remember him. 'You remember when the Rams moved'? 'Yeah, it was the same day Phillips did something positive for humanity'.
LOL. He's my favorite stalker. He PM'd me last week. Something about the Eagles sucking. I have never been such a #### that I felt the need to block anyone, but if I ever wore a skirt and did that, I don't think I'd feel the need to constantly post the 'This post is hidden' message and inbox the guy who gave me my hissy fit. Just check his posts. He's a troll who has a temper tantrum if someone disagrees with him. Either a teenager or a guy with mental health issues.

JuniorNB said:
packer_junkie said:

Wow gross.
The obsession continues

Junior = Iod

Ignoring someone = Obsessed?

Junior and Iod = Ironic they talk about a disgusting human by being equally disgusting.

Continue to show your character children.

JuniorNB said:
packer_junkie said:

Wow gross.
The obsession continues

Junior = Iod

Junior and Iod = Ironic they talk about a disgusting human by being equally disgusting.

Ignoring?? You talk about me and follow me around more since you supposedly put me on ignore. Animotion had a song called Obsession. I believe it may be about you. lol

JuniorNB said:
packer_junkie said:

Wow gross.
The obsession continues

Junior = Iod

Ignoring?? You talk about me and follow me around more since you supposedly put me on ignore. Animotion had a song called Obsession. I believe it may be about you. lol
Screw it, I'll take you off ignore since its what you want and you are going to use alias to quote yourself just so I can see your posts and clearly you have some immunity to not get suspended for the trash you spew. There is a song from Gwar - Sick of You, I think it may be about you.

Now you dont have to use your alias, you are off ignore, I can see your horrible character first hand again. Reasons like this is why I had you on ignore but seeing the stuff you type get quoted I cant let that go unchecked. As far as the PM, much like I wish you could do, I tried to take this waste of content there so we dont bother others with this.

Users who are viewing this thread