What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's lose some weight in 2021. Back to the grind... who else is in? (1 Viewer)

My wife bought a few bags of the Wegmans brand “wavy” potato chips (BTW this was about a week after I told her I was going low sodium).  The bag says 160 calories and 115 mg of sodium for 28 grams (~22 chips).  This has to be a lie, right?

Super hungry today.  Had dinner, a glass of red wine, and a cookie dessert, and I only have 300 calories remaining, and still hungry.  I think a morning row another day combined with a walk with the dog really got me, maybe in combination with a good stretch of days like yesterday staying well below. 

That said, I’m not going over. I may milk that last few hundred calories on a day like today (another glass of wine, and maybe another snack), but I ain’t going over. 

(and I should note to a post Fred made above, I know this isn’t perfect eating. But for now, it’s perfect for me.  And I didn’t eat awfully all day—I had whole grain bread and peanut butter; I had a salad with grilled chicken, and a grilled chicken breast. When I hit or get closer to an ultimate goal weight, maybe I’ll clean it up more. Or maybe I won’t. But at least I’ll be at my goal weight and feeling good about my decision either way). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Super hungry today.  Had dinner, a glass of red wine, and a cookie dessert, and I only have 300 calories remaining, and still hungry.  I think a morning row another day combined with a walk with the dog really got me, maybe in combination with a good stretch of days like yesterday staying well below. 

That said, I’m not going over. I may milk that last few hundred calories on a day like today (another glass of wine, and maybe another snack), but I ain’t going over. 

(and I should note to a post Fred made above, I know this isn’t perfect eating. But for now, it’s perfect for me.  And I didn’t eat awfully all day—I had whole grain bread and peanut butter; I had a salad with grilled chicken, and a grilled chicken breast. When I hit or get closer to an ultimate goal weight, maybe I’ll clean it up more. Or maybe I won’t. But at least I’ll be at my goal weight and feeling good about my decision either way). 
If you set yourself up as sedentary, lose 2 lbs per week, you should not leave big amounts of calories on the table each day. 

What's your calorie goal for the day right now?

If you set yourself up as sedentary, lose 2 lbs per week, you should not leave big amounts of calories on the table each day. 

What's your calorie goal for the day right now?
It usually sets me up with just over 1600. But then I rowed and got an extra 400+ and then walked and got like an extra 150. I track the workouts/walks on my Garmin watch and it feeds directly into MFP so I don’t even have to do math. 

(and yes I have it set at sedentary and 2lbs per week)

Sorry to quote such an old post but I'm getting caught up and this struck me.  I would suggest a different perspective here: Stop eating when you are no longer hungry.  THIS is the biggest fallacy I grew up with - thinking being "full" was somehow good.  It's not and it leads to a ton of unnecessary calories.  I'm a very slow eater which helps a lot with this and I would recommend that too - just eat slower and pay attention to your appetite.  You'll be amazed just how little you "need" to eat. 
I can appreciate that this works for many people.  But at this stage - and maybe forever - it just doesn’t work for me.  My brain continually redefines what hunger feels like.  Every day.  My brain tells me that I’m not full, that I’m hungry, that I need more even when rationally it doesn’t make sense.

I understand that it might sound crazy.  But it has been a big part of what I’ve become more aware of the past two months.  That the feeling I call “hunger” isn’t what other people might call “hunger.”

Maybe through this process I’ll relearn what hunger feels like.  Or maybe not.  But for now, your approach would not work for me.  It’s not like up until now I lived my whole life saying “you know, I don’t feel hungry right now but hey, screw it, I’m just going to eat one more donut.”   That’s not how it works for me.

If that works for others — cool.  I’m truly happy for anyone who has a different experience.

I can appreciate that this works for many people.  But at this stage - and maybe forever - it just doesn’t work for me.  My brain continually redefines what hunger feels like.  Every day.  My brain tells me that I’m not full, that I’m hungry, that I need more even when rationally it doesn’t make sense.

I understand that it might sound crazy.  But it has been a big part of what I’ve become more aware of the past two months.  That the feeling I call “hunger” isn’t what other people might call “hunger.”

Maybe through this process I’ll relearn what hunger feels like.  Or maybe not.  But for now, your approach would not work for me.  It’s not like up until now I lived my whole life saying “you know, I don’t feel hungry right now but hey, screw it, I’m just going to eat one more donut.”   That’s not how it works for me.

If that works for others — cool.  I’m truly happy for anyone who has a different experience.
Does the hungry feeling come from the stomach or your mouth? I get the urge to chew all the time even though my stomach feels fine. I try to chew gum or eat something crunchy when that happens.

ETA: sounds like that's probably not it. I still feel hungry at times when I know I've had enough to eat, but fortunately I can usually just deal with it. That stinks that your body is being a pain in the butt.

Does the hungry feeling come from the stomach or your mouth? I get the urge to chew all the time even though my stomach feels fine. I try to chew gum or eat something crunchy when that happens.

ETA: sounds like that's probably not it. I still feel hungry at times when I know I've had enough to eat, but fortunately I can usually just deal with it. That stinks that your body is being a pain in the butt.
I honestly don’t even know how to answer the question.  My brain tells me that my stomach feels empty and needs food.  So I crave eating food in that moment.

Appreciate the sympathy, but it really isn’t a big deal.  Now I at least know what to manage around.  It requires me to be more regimented about my caloric intake going forward, and probably forever.  Not a crisis, just a situation.

My wife bought a few bags of the Wegmans brand “wavy” potato chips (BTW this was about a week after I told her I was going low sodium).  The bag says 160 calories and 115 mg of sodium for 28 grams (~22 chips).  This has to be a lie, right?
As a wegmans shopper I'm intrigued. 

They do have a relatively healthy store brand, like whole foods/trader Joe's, so it's possible...

As a wegmans shopper I'm intrigued. 

They do have a relatively healthy store brand, like whole foods/trader Joe's, so it's possible...
That's what is says on the label but for some reason I just don't trust that any type of potato chips are healthy (and low sodium).  At least for the time being, I'm going to try to avoid.  It also feels like cheating a little bit.  Something that tastes that good shouldn't be healthy.  

What brand would you compare it to?
I had the chocolate to start. Unless my mind was totally messing with me, it seriously tasted pretty close to Hagen Dazs chocolate, which is high praise in my mind. And 240 calories for the whole pint....  crazy.....  I was skeptical but came away impressed. 

Note, I didn’t NEED to eat that whole pint. And I kind of wish I hadn’t because I’m feeling a little bloated now. But it was nice to know I could (and did) without busting my day’s calories.  I think going forward these are perfect for a half pint bowl snack at super low cals, so that will be my move. 

I had the chocolate to start. Unless my mind was totally messing with me, it seriously tasted pretty close to Hagen Dazs chocolate, which is high praise in my mind. And 240 calories for the whole pint....  crazy.....  I was skeptical but came away impressed. 

Note, I didn’t NEED to eat that whole pint. And I kind of wish I hadn’t because I’m feeling a little bloated now. But it was nice to know I could (and did) without busting my day’s calories.  I think going forward these are perfect for a half pint bowl snack at super low cals, so that will be my move. 
Man.  That sounds amazing.   Need to buy some, like tomorrow.  Hell, maybe tonight still.

How can i get 25g protein without any sodium 

Wait I have pure protein powder I haven't used up 

Google ways to use pure protein powder

You can put it in coffee

Its basically milk 

Put a scoop in a mug

Made a k cup into the mug

Stirred vigorously 

Powdery chocoprotein turd blobs evade my spoon and dissolution 

I power through drinking this tactile abomination 

I'm jittery and have to #### 

My muscles are like k thx but why

This is a public service announcement do not do this
I know soy is all the rage, but lots of articles about how soy is a testosterone killer.

Jan 1   274.4

Jan 18  260.0    - 14.4 lbs, 1385 cal, lift, 60 min cardio

Jan 19  258.2    - 16.2 lbs, 1196 cal, lift, 20 min cardio

Jan 20  260.2   -  14.2 lbs,  592 cal, lift, 25 min cardio 

Jan 21  260.2   -  14.2 lbs

Plateaus suck.

Pigged out at dinner late on the 19th so I was hunger in the am yesterday.  1/2 cup skim milk with my coffee.  6oz of chicken breast for lunch, baked potato late afternoon.  Huge salad and 8 oz of shrimp for dinner around 9.  Should have forced a protein shake before bed but was too tired.  Pounding a bunch of water too.  

i have been a jerkwad about posting in here and i will try to get back in shape with my posting about getting back in shape so i had a cardiologist appointment yesterday and my doc was very happy with me and didnt even give me hell for getting choked up telling her thanks for saving my life which i do every time i see her hey i guess im getting soft in my old age here but yesterday was good news so anyhow it is cold up here in scanny like in the twentys or so every morning now but i still go out walking it takes longer because you have to go through snow sometimes and there is ice to look out for but im still getting er dun and will get my strava january walking badge in the afternoons i have been riding my new exercise bike and putting that into strava too so i hope to get my biking badges as well for january so all in all i am doing ok i think i have put on about 5 pounds since new years because of holiday eating but now that i saw old sawbones yesterday i am lazer focused on it again and i am going to take it off in the next 10 days hold me to it take that to the bank brohans 

• Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Weekly Loss   |   Calories
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • NEW START DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS TO VALENTINES DAY
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                  Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                  Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                  Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 16         205.4                -20.7                                          1480
  • Jan 17         206.1                -20.0                                          1520
  • Jan 18         205.9                -20.2                                          1390
  • Jan 19         205.0                -21.1                                          1560
  • Jan 20         205.0                -21.1                                          1480
  • Jan 21         204.5                -21.6
A larger drop than I was anticipating this morning.  I got a cortisone shot in my shoulder yesterday, so I noticed last night and this morning my hunger has ticked up a bit.  Newsflash, cortisone shots don't feel great.  They said my shoulder would feel good yesterday, then hurt today and maybe tomorrow before it really starts to work.  Can confirm in the middle of the night as I rolled onto the bad shoulder that they were right.  Going to PT Monday to get some exercises to help strengthen.  No tear, just bursitis or tendinitis. 

Jan 1   274.4

Plateaus suck.

Pigged out at dinner late on the 19th so I was hunger in the am yesterday.  1/2 cup skim milk with my coffee.  6oz of chicken breast for lunch, baked potato late afternoon.  Huge salad and 8 oz of shrimp for dinner around 9.  Should have forced a protein shake before bed but was too tired.  Pounding a bunch of water too.  
I think I've asked this before but don't remember the answer (actually I think I might).  On Jan 20, did you eat 592 calories in total (I think you said yes) or was it 592 after deducting exercise?  I don't know a ton about the people who fast but those calorie totals from the prior 3 days look dangerously low to me.  If it is net then it's not an issue but if that is all the calories you are getting I would be concerned.  Anyway, as Fred would say I'm certainly not a doctor and I know you've done this before, but please be careful.

I wish I could count calories like you guys.  Its great to have that kind of discipline.  My issue with it is that I can have a great day of eating, do a little exercise and have 500 calories left.   Then I convince myself I can have a couple of IPA's or some ice cream.  It always bites me in the ### like that.  

I haven't been weighing myself regularly, but I'll start.  

Looking back at MFP reports....

Aug 2 - 212

Oct 6 - 206

Nov 16 - 206.1

Dec 13 - 204.4

Jan 13 - 204

Today....199.8! 

I haven't been in the 100's in 5+ years.  Good Feeling.  I hope I can keep trending this way.  I'm eating pretty clean and cut way back on booze since New Years. Back in November I started buying those Huel Drinks.  They taste pretty good and it does get boring to have one for lunch and breakfast, but it helps me.  Saves money and avoids over eating at those meals.  

This is the first time I have successfully avoided putting on 10 pounds over the Holidays.  That was a major hurdle.  

Not crazy but it will change and I'm willing to bet you're closer to this than you realize.  Next time you're done eating ask yourself "could I eat another few bites if I had to?".  If the answer is yes, you're already there.  You stopped eating when you weren't full.  Feeling satiated (not hungry) and full aren't the same thing.  It's even easier to achieve when you eat slowly. 

I used to be able to polish off 10 wings at lunch but had to work hard on the last couple - "can't throw them away and don't want to doggie bag them".  Then I just started ordering the smaller portion of 5.  Sure I could have eaten a couple more but why?  Pretty soon I was ordering the larger size because it was a better deal and ate 5 take 5 home.  Last time I went I ate 3 and could do no more.  My buddy looked at me like I was nuts but I just smiled and said "42 pounds baby".  I got three meals out of a $10 order of wings!

Broke through plateau. Weight had actually gone up a pound + even though I know I’ve been doing great. 203.7 this morning. Started 214 12/26. 204 has been my low for last 20+ years. Been has high as 242, though I’ve been close to 210 for a long time and hardly ever getting to 220.  Last time I was at 204 I was more muscular with kettlebell routines etc. Just doing push-ups at home plus biceps and triceps with bands. Goal is stay religious other than Super Bowl Sunday through the end of Feb, get to 195 and go from there. 

• Dec 28         235.0
  • Jan 4            234.8
  • Jan 11          232.0
  • Jan 18          231.7
  • Jan 19          227.1
  • Jan 20          225.9
  • Jan 21          224.9   
Lowest since the pandemic hit (topped out close to 250 in August).
Noticed my urine has been a fluorescent yellow, is this just due to lack of electrolytes?

Jan 1   274.4

Plateaus suck.

They do but once you accept they are just part of how the body works it's easier to cope with.  I used to get super frustrated that "I didn't eat crap yesterday but still gained .4 pounds" but when you track it daily for long enough (I've been doing it since July) you'll see that it's really just a lot of small peaks and valleys.  Keep the peaks low and the valleys lower and you'll get them.  It's not a sprint it's a marathon.

Apples have been my magic.  Nice and sweet to satisfy the sugar pangs and very high fiber and other nice stuff in them.  I hadn't eaten an apple in like 20 years until last July, but now they are a staple for me.  We have a local orchard I got to for fresh ones and I go through about 2 dozen a week now (pretty small being a local shop, not those bowling balls they import from bulk growers).  Pink Lady are my favorite.

I know soy is all the rage, but lots of articles about how soy is a testosterone killer.
The amount of soy you need to ingest to actually have a endocrine effect will make the calorie counters here blush.  There's also no pathway that's been established in humans to do exactly what they are saying, Soy, is also not alone in this, most plant matter has this.   Soy got spiked out because in a lot of cultures that is a key protein and is supplemented in a lot of US foods as filler.  

My theory on this is that a diet high in soy is typically lower in fat, that has pronounced endocrine problems that do have pathways.  Men, specifically, need good fats to promote testosterone.  This is a huge reason to avoid #### like snackwells which use soy for proteins and have very little fat.

Eat nuts to help your nuts bros.

Ah the etymology of the term "soy boy".

Fortunately pure protein is whey but I'm hearing collagen is where it's at these days is that right 
collagen is fine, seems to be beneficial in a diet where we have evolved to not consume collagen.  This is one of those things where you want to be super picky, and don't get cheap stuff from amazon.  I would say just make bone broth weekly and use that to make a vegetable soup.  

• Dec 28         235.0
  • Jan 4            234.8
  • Jan 11          232.0
  • Jan 18          231.7
  • Jan 19          227.1
  • Jan 20          225.9
  • Jan 21          224.9   
Lowest since the pandemic hit (topped out close to 250 in August).
Noticed my urine has been a fluorescent yellow, is this just due to lack of electrolytes?
probably a combination of being dehydrated and taking a multivitamin. 

Nice work, that dump you took between Monday and Tuesday musta been a doozy

bostonfred said:
probably a combination of being dehydrated and taking a multivitamin. 

Nice work, that dump you took between Monday and Tuesday musta been a doozy
My Monday-Tuesday drop os always misleading.  I'm usually putting on at least 3lbs on the weekend watching football and eating crap.  The dumps, however have been substantial.  I credit the Big ### Salads and black beans.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
jb1020 said:
I wish I could count calories like you guys.  Its great to have that kind of discipline.  My issue with it is that I can have a great day of eating, do a little exercise and have 500 calories left.   Then I convince myself I can have a couple of IPA's or some ice cream.  It always bites me in the ### like that.  

I haven't been weighing myself regularly, but I'll start.  

Looking back at MFP reports....

Aug 2 - 212

Oct 6 - 206

Nov 16 - 206.1

Dec 13 - 204.4

Jan 13 - 204

Today....199.8! 

I haven't been in the 100's in 5+ years.  Good Feeling.  I hope I can keep trending this way.  I'm eating pretty clean and cut way back on booze since New Years. Back in November I started buying those Huel Drinks.  They taste pretty good and it does get boring to have one for lunch and breakfast, but it helps me.  Saves money and avoids over eating at those meals.  

This is the first time I have successfully avoided putting on 10 pounds over the Holidays.  That was a major hurdle.  
Congrats on the 1 in front of those numbers!  Hope to join you in a few weeks!

• Smile
Corporation said:
I think I've asked this before but don't remember the answer (actually I think I might).  On Jan 20, did you eat 592 calories in total (I think you said yes) or was it 592 after deducting exercise?  I don't know a ton about the people who fast but those calorie totals from the prior 3 days look dangerously low to me.  If it is net then it's not an issue but if that is all the calories you are getting I would be concerned.  Anyway, as Fred would say I'm certainly not a doctor and I know you've done this before, but please be careful.
592 no deductions.  If I don't have lean protein (need to plan better here) available and I'm not hungry, I don't see the point of eating crap just to take in calories.  I subscribe to the Fred theory of hoarding calories for later just in case.  I mean I could have had two glasses of wine and a pint of ice cream and come in close to goal but is the beneficial?  The creatine addition may have killer my hunger.  Also there's a reason why grass feed cows eat all day...you can eat leafy greens by the barrel full and not rack up many calories.

592 no deductions.  If I don't have lean protein (need to plan better here) available and I'm not hungry, I don't see the point of eating crap just to take in calories.  I subscribe to the Fred theory of hoarding calories for later just in case.  I mean I could have had two glasses of wine and a pint of ice cream and come in close to goal but is the beneficial?  The creatine addition may have killer my hunger.  Also there's a reason why grass feed cows eat all day...you can eat leafy greens by the barrel full and not rack up many calories.
About the bolded: unequivocally yes, especially if your significant other is drinking with you and gets a little happy.

3 calories below limit today,...

By the way, this Wyze scale is awesome.  I think it was like 40 bucks, and it spits out all kinds of awesome data.

A few updates:

Weighed in this morning at 228.2.  That’s down from over 240 on January 1.  I’ll take it.

My BMI today is 27.8.  That’s right in the middle of the overweight scale, and I’m just a couple points to “Normal” (25).  Will be there shortly. 

My protein level is only 14.4%.  Suggesting I should be closer to 18%.  I need to work on that part of my diet.

My visceral fat — fat that’s stored within the abdominal cavity — is actually surprisingly OK at 11, when it projects me at being at more like 12.

BMR at 1928.  That’s good, it makes my 1610 MFP daily target make a lot more sense.  

Muscle Mass at 149.2lb.  I’m on the high end here, above the threshold of 130.9 that gets me into the top range.  Proves what I’ve been saying all along I’M NOT FAT I’M ATHLETIC.  Seriously though, that’s not a bad sign.  All the working out I did at the local gym bench pressing 90lb dumbbells and doing deadlifts at 5am at least weren’t a total waste of my life.  Maybe this is where I cash in on that effort. 

...But then again body fat percentage at 30.3% is on the high end, above the 28% that puts you into the red range at the top.  Yuck..... (don’t know how this jibes with the muscle mass thing above, but whatevs).

Metabolic age at exactly the average for my actual age.  I guess that’s not terrible — but I’d like to be above average damnit.  Work to do there....

I barely ate today.  Had some chicken breasts and white wine before bed and a little sweets, otherwise didn’t eat much all day.  Staying the course...

CHEAT ALERT: a buddy of mine is making a long road trip with me on Monday and is bringing special Italian subs from Dom’s.  This stuff is the real deal.  I’m going to overeat during that drive down.  I’ll skip breakfast and have a light or no dinner to make up for it, but I’m eating that sub.  I’m planning for it days in advance.  but it’s happening.  

By the way, this Wyze scale is awesome.  I think it was like 40 bucks, and it spits out all kinds of awesome data.

A few updates:

Weighed in this morning at 228.2.  That’s down from over 240 on January 1.  I’ll take it.

My BMI today is 27.8.  That’s right in the middle of the overweight scale, and I’m just a couple points to “Normal” (25).  Will be there shortly. 

My protein level is only 14.4%.  Suggesting I should be closer to 18%.  I need to work on that part of my diet.

My visceral fat — fat that’s stored within the abdominal cavity — is actually surprisingly OK at 11, when it projects me at being at more like 12.

BMR at 1928.  That’s good, it makes my 1610 MFP daily target make a lot more sense.  

Muscle Mass at 149.2lb.  I’m on the high end here, above the threshold of 130.9 that gets me into the top range.  Proves what I’ve been saying all along I’M NOT FAT I’M ATHLETIC.  Seriously though, that’s not a bad sign.  All the working out I did at the local gym bench pressing 90lb dumbbells and doing deadlifts at 5am at least weren’t a total waste of my life.  Maybe this is where I cash in on that effort. 

...But then again body fat percentage at 30.3% is on the high end, above the 28% that puts you into the red range at the top.  Yuck..... (don’t know how this jibes with the muscle mass thing above, but whatevs).

Metabolic age at exactly the average for my actual age.  I guess that’s not terrible — but I’d like to be above average damnit.  Work to do there....

I barely ate today.  Had some chicken breasts and white wine before bed and a little sweets, otherwise didn’t eat much all day.  Staying the course...

CHEAT ALERT: a buddy of mine is making a long road trip with me on Monday and is bringing special Italian subs from Dom’s.  This stuff is the real deal.  I’m going to overeat during that drive down.  I’ll skip breakfast and have a light or no dinner to make up for it, but I’m eating that sub.  I’m planning for it days in advance.  but it’s happening.  
Great progress!  I knew I would be eating like a pig on NYE (4000 calories) and it didn't take long to burn off.  May also prevent your body from going into starvation mode.  My BMI is also 27.8 so you must be 6'4 or so.  If you are 6'4, you have to get down to 205 for the 25 BMI. For me to get to 25, I would have to lose 21 more pounds to 184.  My ultimate goal is 190, I don't think 184 is something I'd even really like.

A few updates:

You get all that from the scale? Not Dom’s of course

• Thinking
Great progress!  I knew I would be eating like a pig on NYE (4000 calories) and it didn't take long to burn off.  May also prevent your body from going into starvation mode.  My BMI is also 27.8 so you must be 6'4 or so.  If you are 6'4, you have to get down to 205 for the 25 BMI. For me to get to 25, I would have to lose 21 more pounds to 184.  My ultimate goal is 190, I don't think 184 is something I'd even really like.
Damn, that seems so crazy to me.  That’s such a LOW weight for me, I’ve always weighed more, maybe because I have broad shoulders, tend to be kind of bigger up top?  Not a muscle nut, just how I’m built.  I guess that’s why BMI isn’t a great indicator for everyone??  Or maybe i’ve just been fooling myself, and 205 or less is where I really should have been all along. 

1/1 weight 243
239 this morning (up 0.5 this week)

I was not very strict on the diet this week and wasn’t great about exercise so up 0.5 is less than expected. I have no reason for the poor behaviors other than minor stuff I should have overcome. 

Seeing the progress you are all making and thinking “that could have been me” will hopefully kick me in the butt to get focused again. Otis is the same size as me and he has lost 10 lb. in the same time I have only lost 4. I need to catch up!  Yesterday was the start of a new trend. 

I'd have to get below 190 pounds to crack 25 BMI.  Last time I was at 190 lbs I was wearing size 28 pants and bench pressing 425 lbs.  Body fat was probably 5-7%.  I don't ever see being below overweight on the BMI scale unless I'm terminally ill.

Jan 1   274.4

Jan 21  260.2   -  14.2 lbs,  1495 cal, no exercise

Jan 22  259.0   -  15.4 lbs

Big fail yesterday.  Just a crappy long day at work and tired/un-motivated once I got home.  Missed my cal goal and skipped my work out.  

1/1 weight 243
239 this morning (up 0.5 this week)

I was not very strict on the diet this week and wasn’t great about exercise so up 0.5 is less than expected. I have no reason for the poor behaviors other than minor stuff I should have overcome. 

Seeing the progress you are all making and thinking “that could have been me” will hopefully kick me in the butt to get focused again. Otis is the same size as me and he has lost 10 lb. in the same time I have only lost 4. I need to catch up!  Yesterday was the start of a new trend. 
Love that you're motivated by what all these guys are doing, and i definitely am too, but It's impressive that you've been losing or maintaining for the better part of a year now.  It means you're doing something you can sustain for that long.  Increasing your efforts is good too but give yourself some credit too. 

Eat 1/2 of it.  You stay (closer to) within goal, and you get a delicious sub TWICE.  Win/win.

I don't really buy into much of the data beyond whatever EKC reading they get.   It's trying to more or less curve fit a model with one fixed variable and two floating ones.  It's got no idea what your bone mass is.  

• Smile

Users who are viewing this thread