What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marlon Mack, RB, DEN (4 Viewers)

I don't exactly follow the Texans to know how he's looked this pre-season, but this one surprised me for sure. They're going with a rookie and the rest of the JAGs on that depth chart?

Wow. Did not see this one coming. Pierce is the guy. Makes no sense to bring a veteran in when you just let arguably the best veteran available go.

Seems like another move is coming. Just hope it's not something like Mattison to take away from Pierce.
If Houston was looking to do something this year, a move like Mattison would make sense. I don't see the advantage of trading for and then overpaying a RB for what's at max a 6-7 win team.

A move for Mattison makes ZERO sense. They had a quality veteran and just cut him. It seems pretty clear they are rebuilding around Pierce.
This team isn't going anywhere. They know that.

Seems like another move is coming. Just hope it's not something like Mattison to take away from Pierce.
If Houston was looking to do something this year, a move like Mattison would make sense. I don't see the advantage of trading for and then overpaying a RB for what's at max a 6-7 win team.
Agreed, just throwing it out there. A vet with a much lower cost like Zach Moss or FA like Sony Michel might make more sense.

Agreed, just throwing it out there. A vet with a much lower cost like Zach Moss or FA like Sony Michel might make more sense.
Maybe this, but I still think this shows Pierce is the guy.

Maybe this, but I still think this shows Pierce is the guy.
Agreed. Just not sure why they'd cut Mack. He seemed fine for the #2 role. My first thought was that they have the means to get someone better than Mack to run in tandem with Pierce, and they realize the the strength of the offense is going to be the run-blocking OL. They don't really have anyone else other than Burkhead.

But then again, this is the Texans we're talking about. Who knows.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports RB Marlon Mack plans to re-sign to the Texans' practice squad.​

Mack didn't find any suitors after his release from the Texans at final cuts. Staying in Houston as a hedge to an unproven Dameon Pierce and pass-catching back Rex Burkhead may be the best bet for Mack, who averaged 4.2 YPC this preseason. Mack would likely form a committee with Royce Freeman if Pierce goes down.
SOURCE: ESPN
Aug 31, 2022, 11:42 AM ET

A move for Mattison makes ZERO sense. They had a quality veteran and just cut him. It seems pretty clear they are rebuilding around Pierce.
This team isn't going anywhere. They know that.
Mack likely hasn't looked good since the achilles tear.

49ers signed RB Marlon Mack.​

With Tyrion Davis-Price projected to be out for a bit, Mack will battle Jordan Mason for the backup role to Jeff Wilson. Mack has more NFL experience than Mason and should probably be favored to be the 49ers backup back. Mack was added to the practice squad after Elijah Mitchell's injury and is probably worth rostering in deeper leagues as a bench stash as a hedge against a Wilson injury.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Sep 20, 2022, 5:49 PM ET

Marlon Mack rushed five times for 37 yards and one touchdown in the Broncos' Week 15 win over the Cardinals, adding four receptions for 26 additional yards.​

Mack has now totaled 140 yards and two touchdowns over the last two weeks, averaging a solid 6.5 yards per carry over that span. Mack found the end zone on a three-yard rushing touchdown to give the Broncos their first touchdown on the day and later ripped off a 17-yard run to help setup a 10-yard touchdown run by Latavius Murray. On the long road to recovery from a torn Achilles that ended his 2020 season, Mack has flashed some explosiveness in his brief stint with the Broncos. The former 1,000-yard rusher isn't quite on the fantasy radar but could draw some interest from teams this offseason if he's able to close out this season with a few strong weeks.
Dec 18, 2022, 9:20 PM ET

I don't think he was going to be drafted by many teams
Tough luck for Mack
likely the end of his NFL career, needs to see if he can jump behind a camera/media while he's young.

Users who are viewing this thread