What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Miami at Baltimore (1 Viewer)

On days when I think "I have a bad job", I can always think it could be worse: I could be a head coach on a bad NFL team.   Gase looks miserable out there dealing with this stuff

QB slides were invented for a guy running alone in the middle of the field who decides to go down before anyone gets near him. If a QB slide is a bang bang play then you slid too late. You slide or you go for the first down, not both. Honestly they need to change the rule to subtract two yards from where you slid (they never mark it "at the start of the attempt to slide" like they're supposed to) to make sure it isn't abused by people trying to pick up every extra inch and then expect the defensive player to make a circus play to get out of the way. 

Man is this really Collins' break out game? 

Receptions, redzone and goal line carries? 

Last edited by a moderator:
QB slides were invented for a guy running alone in the middle of the field who decides to go down before anyone gets near him. If a QB slide is a bang bang play then you slid too late. You slide or you go for the first down, not both. Honestly they need to change the rule to subtract two yards from where you slid (they never mark it "at the start of the attempt to slide" like they're supposed to) to make sure it isn't abused by people trying to pick up every extra inch and then expect the defensive player to make a circus play to get out of the way. 
I kind of agree.

Alonso still hit him right in the head though.

He did. But he's just as down with a touch as a finishing move.
By rule, Alonso was required to "pull up" the moment Flacco started his slide. Players who slide do not need to be touched -- they are automatically declared "down" by the process of sliding.

Users who are viewing this thread