What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Middle Aged Dummies!! Artists #1's have been posted!! (1 Viewer)

I guess in a streaming world the more an artist throws out there the better for him/her.
King Gizzard approves of this message.
I mean there’s no way I’m buying five Ryan Adams albums by January 2nd but I and (others) will give them all a spin and some will get revisited. I do notice that Spotify now heavily pushes the artists tour schedules which is the only way they can make serious money now (in my limited understanding of streaming royalties).

I read last year that Adams had cancelled all his live shows for 2024 so he'll have plenty of time to write and record more albums.

He's always been very prolific and used to fight battles with his labels about what got released. This blog tries to catalog all the unofficial releases. I can remember trying to track down some of them in the file sharing era. 48 Hours was a particular favorite of mine at the time.

@MAC_32

Check out number one.

I do notice that Spotify now heavily pushes the artists tour schedules which is the only way they can make serious money now (in my limited understanding of streaming royalties).
I saw an article recently where an artist said that they're basically t-shirt vendors that play music. And on that note (get it?), went on to complain that the venues they play in take up to 25% of merchandise revenue
It's surprising anyone (without a legion of swiffers) can make a living.

I do notice that Spotify now heavily pushes the artists tour schedules which is the only way they can make serious money now (in my limited understanding of streaming royalties).
I saw an article recently where an artist said that they're basically t-shirt vendors that play music. And on that note (get it?), went on to complain that the venues they play in take up to 25% of merchandise revenue

Was just over at Steve Hoffman Forums (I'm not cheating, I swear!) and some of the musicians were talking about how impossible it was to make a living and that where it was trending were that only huge megastars or amateurs were going to be making music for consumption in the not-too-distant future. The argument went that the mid-range bands were getting squeezed so thin that they couldn't make a living off of it, and even though they'd keep creating, they wouldn't reach a big audience doing so.

Was just over at Steve Hoffman Forums (I'm not cheating, I swear!) and some of the musicians were talking about how impossible it was to make a living and that where it was trending were that only huge megastars or amateurs were going to be making music for consumption in the not-too-distant future. The argument went that the mid-range bands were getting squeezed so thin that they couldn't make a living off of it, and even though they'd keep creating, they wouldn't reach a big audience doing so.
It’s basically why …Trail of Dead broke up last year.

Sad. We are going to need to go back to the days the of patrons of the art paying bands to work and produce music without an expectation of financial gain.

@MAC_32

Check out number one.

This guy HATES aughts Green Day :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread