What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**NFC Divisional Round - Packers at Niners** (-10, 50.5) Kickoff Sat 8:15 (1 Viewer)

Missed opportunities…dropped interceptions that could possibly be returned for TDs. Missed FG and the missed 4th down. Settling for FGs…doomed GB.

I wonder who called Brock Purdy when he was walking off the field ( a lady handed him a phone to take a call or a video call).

Green Bay should have won that game. They will look back on one they sort of spit the bit on.
Maybe.

Lot of bounces both ways in this one. Moody FG blocked, GB dropped pick(s), GB fumble recovery with 4 red jerseys around him. Niners stiffened up in the red zone and CMC got home twice. And credit where due, Purdy’s throw to Kittle was perfect.

Game of inches.
Yep was for sure a game that could have gone either way. Like a boxing fight the judges gave a split decision on.

Everyone calling Purdy terrible. On love’s jock all night.

Well well well. If it isn’t the consequences of Love’s own actions.

Good game GB fans. Epic.
not really, let’s be honest gb packers dropped a pick 6, another int and missed a fg that would have had the game tied right now. none of those are on Love
That Love pick sure was.
Rough 4th Q but I have zero problem saying Id much rather have Love going forward. Nice game and 4h quarter by SF though.
49ers fan here. Love looks really good. No problem with that statement

This is a very good but flawed playoff game. Entertaining.
I’m thoroughly entertained.

Also I just went back and watched that last play again, and 2 things:
1. I have no idea what love saw on that play. Across his body to no target. What the hell was that? He has 12 yards of open field ahead of him & did that? No excuse for that one.

2. I hated literally every second of that interception return. In the moment I was certain someone was gonna knock that out. Players need to be smarter than that.

It was a good game. I think SF can play better than that though.

GB has themselves ANOTHER QB though....what's that 3 in 30+ years?
Are we calling Love a HoF QB? Or what does 3 in 30+ years mean?
I took it to mean franchise QB
It is so hard to do it for 10+ years. A bit premature at this stage to say he is anything more than a guy in 4th year in the league that had a very good year.

It was a good game. I think SF can play better than that though.

GB has themselves ANOTHER QB though....what's that 3 in 30+ years?
Are we calling Love a HoF QB? Or what does 3 in 30+ years mean?
I took it to mean franchise QB
It is so hard to do it for 10+ years. A bit premature at this stage to say he is anything more than a guy in 4th year in the league that had a very good year.
That's fine and your opinion. He looks like a franchise qb to me too but I was just explaining what I think he meant.

Good game GB fans. Epic.
not really, let’s be honest gb packers dropped a pick 6, another int and missed a fg that would have had the game tied right now. none of those are on Love
That Love pick sure was.
Rough 4th Q but I have zero problem saying Id much rather have Love going forward. Nice game and 4h quarter by SF though.
I’m not going to fight for Purdy’s honor here, but I wasn’t very impressed with either of them tonight. Love may (or may not) be a little better, but either way I think he’s in the Purdy tier of guys who can be great under the great circumstances but isn’t going to be a top 5 QB. Love was the beneficiary of a great running game and some really awful miscues by SF tonight.

Got tickets for me and my son. Prices have been dropping. A bit rainy, a bit chilly, snow in the mountains, and a 10 pt spread will do that. Go Pack.
Not the hoped-for outcome but one of the best games I've ever seen in person, and more importantly, my son was in awe the whole time, so worth every penny...all 800,000 of them. Semi-challenging conditions (it was never pouring despite what the television announcers said...I watched some replays when I got home), some missed opportunities, and a lot to look forward to. I had no problem with the outcome. Still felt like house money. That said, had we won, I think we'd have gone to the show and wind up getting smoked pretty good by Baltimore in the SB.

Good game GB fans. Epic.
That Love pick sure was.
I’m not going to fight for Purdy’s honor here, but I wasn’t very impressed with either of them tonight. Love may (or may not) be a little better, but either way I think he’s in the Purdy tier of guys who can be great under the great circumstances but isn’t going to be a top 5 QB. Love was the beneficiary of a great running game and some really awful miscues by SF tonight.
I think some of y’all don’t understand how sloppy the weather was all night.

Once again I was going into the game with zero hopes or expectations, only wish was that the Packers don't look pathetic. Then as the game goes on I get really f'n nervous like we might actually pull this off! What a finish! Downer for Packer fans, but super exciting for NFL fans.

No complaints on my end. Missed FG sucked, have had too many of those, but part of the game.

Mostly I'm excited for how awesome this Packer team came together down the stretch and gave us fans so much hope for continued playoff runs. Look out NFC!

Last edited:
1. Missed early INT. That one hurt. Would have rattled Purdy.
2. Failed tush push.
3. Missed FG.

Tough to run a hurry up in driving rain.

I was rooting for GB as if the Lions win it would have been another home game. But I know Jake Moody so am happy for him.

Good game GB fans. Epic.
That Love pick sure was.
Right. 23 completions for 252 yards compared to Love’s 21 for 194. And I know they all had to deal with the same conditions but the 49er defenders seemed to be slipping all over the place early in the game. Purdy had a throw that should have definitely been picked but he connected on more difficult throws over the course of the game than Love did, imo, but I’ll have to rewatch the game to make sure of that - could be a prisoner of the moment.

This is not to take anything away from Love and that throw he connected with Doubs on the sideline was a thing of beauty. Both teams should feel pretty damn confident with their QB situations. Should be many more competitive battles ahead.

2. Failed tush push.
3. Missed FG.

I was rooting for GB as if the Lions win it would have been another home game. But I know Jake Moody so am happy for him.
Yeah the spotting of the ball by the ref was a big play there. The game was there for the taking.

Good game GB fans. Epic.
That Love pick sure was.
For sure. Huge factor.

Good game GB fans. Epic.
That Love pick sure was.
Right. 23 completions for 252 yards compared to Love’s 21 for 194. And I know they all had to deal with the same conditions but the 49er defenders seemed to be slipping all over the place early in the game. Purdy had a throw that should have definitely been picked but he connected on more difficult throws over the course of the game than Love did, imo, but I’ll have to rewatch the game to make sure of that - could be a prisoner of the moment.

This is not to take anything away from Love and that throw he connected with Doubs on the sideline was a thing of beauty. Both teams should feel pretty damn confident with their QB situations. Should be many more competitive battles ahead.
Yep.

Both big plays for Love had defenders slip & fall on their faces. The big throw to Doubs, and the deep TD.

But yeah - weather was a significant factor. I was out working in it. It doesn’t. Look as bad on television but it was windy and sloppy. When they showed the rain in the lights you could tell how bad it was.

And it was definitely a factor. It’s why I take issue with these sweeping generalizations about both Love & Purdy based on one game in awful conditions.

In the end, the last drive 6/7 including key 3rd downs, surviving Kittle’s big drop & tne 9 yard scramble was huge. And again, that perfect pass to Kittle.

Just enough. Cardiac kids.

2. Failed tush push.
3. Missed FG.

Yeah the spotting of the ball by the ref was a big play there. The game was there for the taking.

Spotting the football, and the chains to measure are inexact science to be sure.

There is a pileup of humanity, and the ball is still in midair somewhere and the spot is going to be accurate to a centimeter? Even on the out patterns where the ref is 7-8 yards up the sideline and spots the ball.

They only do what they can see but as they say "a Good spot, a bad spot" changes games.

Good game GB fans. Epic.
That Love pick sure was.

Yep.

Both big plays for Love had defenders slip & fall on their faces. The big throw to Doubs, and the deep TD.

But yeah - weather was a significant factor. I was out working in it. It doesn’t. Look as bad on television but it was windy and sloppy. When they showed the rain in the lights you could tell how bad it was.

And it was definitely a factor. It’s why I take issue with these sweeping generalizations about both Love & Purdy based on one game in awful conditions.

In the end, the last drive 6/7 including key 3rd downs, surviving Kittle’s big drop & tne 9 yard scramble was huge. And again, that perfect pass to Kittle.

Just enough. Cardiac kids.
It was certainly wet and probably took getting used to, maybe with some cleat adjustments. But the weather was not that bad. Never rained hard and hardly windy. Maybe two gusts the whole game. The long cross-stadium shots on screen made the rain look A LOT worse that it was.

Great game to watch from my recliner.
Didn't have a rooting interest but enjoyed it a great deal.
Pack have a lot to look forward to next year.
Niners found a way to win without looking their best.

2. Failed tush push.
3. Missed FG.

Packers lost because they failed to score in the redzone all game, they missed a couple INT opportunities, couldn’t stop the Niners when it mattered, and missed a FG.

But the ref who called that spot had multiple crappy spots during the game. My son was noticing and commenting on it throughout. But again, that isn’t why they lost. Niners made plays when it mattered most.

2. Failed tush push.
3. Missed FG.

Packers lost because they failed to score in the redzone all game, they missed a couple INT opportunities, couldn’t stop the Niners when it mattered, and missed a FG.

But the ref who called that spot had multiple crappy spots during the game. My son was noticing and commenting on it throughout. But again, that isn’t why they lost. Niners made plays when it mattered most.

The bad calls and incorrect spotting of the ball have been part of the game forever. Now with cameras from every angle, close ups, slo-mo, frame by frame the fans at home see things refs could not possibly see at game speed. The foot nicking the sideline on a catch or return, or foot touching the back line in endzone that a human eye can`t pick up at game speed.

Have to believe the history of the game would be much different if they had the same type of coverage in the 60s and 70s and before instant replay.

2. Failed tush push.
3. Missed FG.

The bad calls and incorrect spotting of the ball have been part of the game forever. Now with cameras from every angle, close ups, slo-mo, frame by frame the fans at home see things refs could not possibly see at game speed. The foot nicking the sideline on a catch or return, or foot touching the back line in endzone that a human eye can`t pick up at game speed.

Have to believe the history of the game would be much different if they had the same type of coverage in the 60s and 70s and before instant replay.
No doubt. It would be interesting to see what famous plays were *missed* real time back in the day.

Ok. I don't know what to tell you. I was there.
Perhaps your definition of heavy rain & mine are different.

I have many friends who were there who said it was coming down in buckets at times, and it was wet and slippery all night on the field.

That seems validated by what I saw in the lights, and in Aaron Jones slipping behind the line, and our defensive backs slipping all night.

Users who are viewing this thread