What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2019 FBG Subscriber Contest (5 Viewers)

I can't believe I have over 70 points between Winston and Darnold that I don't need.  But...moving on...so happy about that.

I can't believe I have over 70 points between Winston and Darnold that I don't need.  But...moving on...so happy about that.
Another way to look at it is there are about 300 Lamar owners that got 48 from their QB who are not moving on. Happily I am moving on also

Hey.  First year with FBG and first time in this contest.   Had a terrible week and it looks like I won’t advance (unless the Ravens get a D TD right now) , but how does everyone have the cutoff and all the other info?  It sure was a fun ride, and I’ll have to join FBG again next year.    

Hey.  First year with FBG and first time in this contest.   Had a terrible week and it looks like I won’t advance (unless the Ravens get a D TD right now) , but how does everyone have the cutoff and all the other info?  It sure was a fun ride, and I’ll have to join FBG again next year.    
WOW!  Nice first year making it this far.  The website we utilize is http://calcomatic.com/Home

Follow the directions to import your team and follow along.

OUT. Worst score in the contest by 20 points. 39 under my 2nd worst.
3 running backs (2 injured) scored 22.7 between them.
3 top (of 5 healthy)wide receivers scored 26.8 between them. 
My 1 tight end (2 injured) scored 8.6
QB, PK and TD were fine.

Good luck to those that remain

Last edited by a moderator:
With 743 owners and 48 points, I imagine 90% might be low...
FBG querier  shows Lamar at 412 live teams (82.4% ownership) at this point.   Calcomatic had him at 747 live entries going into Monday night so there were still 335 (~45%) Lamar owners that were eliminated.   

This week will be interesting with the matchup against SF.

After the miracle of Monday Night, aka Lamar to Snead x2, I have the following players going this week (out of a 30-player roster😞

QB: Lamar Jackson (412),  Rivers (17) (Stafford (20) out)

RB: Duke Johnson (283), Devin Singletary (305), Malcolm Brown (40), Ekeler (144) (Mack (3) out, Darwin Thompson (78) likely inactive)

WR: Chris Godwin (181), Ted Ginn (7), Josh Gordon (332), Willie Snead (7), Taylor Gabriel (12), Josh Reynolds (7), Chris Conley (13), Fitzgerald (26), Kirk (36), Hardman (62) (Hogan (1) out, Benjamin (8) out)

TE: Vance McDonald (22), Delanie Walker (19), Mark Andrews (314)

K: Ryan Succop (9), Matt Gay (64), Zane Gonzalez (49)

DEF: Titans (9), Panthers (67), 49ers (89)

Hoping for some more surprise home runs this week!!

Bowed out last week by < 6 points.  Would have made the top 500 cut this week with 163+ if I'm counting right. :kicksrock:

I went into Monday night inside the top 100 and feeling good about an easy stroll into week 13.  Heading into the 4th quarter, I was above the cut by less than 15 and hoping Lamar takes a seat to stop the bleeding.  Made it through, and now I'm looking at the following.

QB: Josh Allen (57), Dak Prescott (37)

RB: Chris Carson (298), Devin Singletary (305), Matt Breida (199), Christian McCaffrey (79), David Montgomery (67), Ty Montgomery (HA HA HA - 27)

WR: Dede Westbrook (202), Michael Gallup (184), Chris Godwin (181), John Brown (137), Cooper Kupp (61), Mohamed Sanu (8)

TE: Mark Andrews (314), Darren Waller (262), David Njoku (4)

K: Brandon McManus (43), Ryan Succop (9)

DEF: Kansas City (33), Atlanta (8)

I know Lamar is incredibly highly owned, but not sure who else I don't have I need to be rooting against.  I would really like to see a good game from one of my QBs along with CMC, DMont and Kupp.  If Sanu comes back, that would be a HUGE boost, along with Njoku (but I'm expecting a week 14 return for him).

Good luck to those left!

Team Holloway (hanging in there) # time used - remaining owners

QB - Goff used 4-94 & Jackson 8-412

RB - K. Johnson 4-22, Carson 9-298, Breida 4-199, Duke Johnson 5-283 & Singletary 7-305

WR - Lockett 8-233, A. Robinson 8-58, Westbrook 4-202, Gallup 8-184, Moncrief 0-27, J. Gordon 2-332, Enunwa 0-17 & Gabriel 3-12

TE - Henry 6-65, Andrews 8-314, Herndon 0-54, Waller 8-262 & Kroft 0-3

PK - Santos 1-3, Bullock 5-37 & Seibert 6-105

DST - Jags 3-40, Cowboys 3-137 & Jets 6-132

cut or IR injured

The running back strength is waning with Johnson going on IR, Carson's fumbling woes continuing and Breida being slow to recover. Wide receivers have done well, but Lockett looked gimpy a week ago and need him to recover. Tight ends have really done well, being used as flex options ten times. Both the Jaguars and Cowboys have disappointed. I am thinking that this team either is eliminated this week or finishes fairly low in the overall standings. The only previous time that I made the finals was in 2017 and I finished 35th overall.

3 Thanksgiving games to kick off the final cut.  Best of luck to anyone left.

- There are 2 teams still alive (one has 18 players, the other has 19) that decided their $247 team was good enough, and chose not to roster another kicker or defense with the last $3

- There are an additional live 34 teams who spent either $248 or $249.

- Every week you must use a total of 7 scores from your RB's, WR's, and TE's.  One team is left with only 7 combined players (CMC, Cook, Carson, Nuke, OBJ, Gallup, Kelce).  His 18-player roster consists of 2QB, 3RB, 3WR, 1TE, 4K, and 5D.  What is most amazing about this team is his QB's.  He chose only Mahomes and Fitzpatrick, which doesn't seem too weird.  The amazing thing is he has used Fitzpatrick 4 times, and every time he would've been eliminated without him.  And get this - the only other QB besides Fitzmagic that would've saved him all 4 of those weeks is Ryan Tannehill.  And I'm not talking about cheap QB's - I mean every other QB in the contest.

Well I made it through to next week easier than I thought I would. JJAW might be waking up in time for the playoff run and Trequan Smith got into my boxscore again this week. Update on usage:

Lamar (11)

CMC (10), Ingram (10), Montgomery (6), Duke (6), Breida (5)

Julio (12)*, Evans (9), MVS (3), Trequan Smith (2), Boykin (2)

Waller (10), Andrews (9)

Prater (8), McManus (4)

Jets (7), Panthers (5)

*Even his zero from his bye week made it into the red that week. Evans had 36. So did CMC. This team has been top heavy as heck all year but with some of my dead money possibly rising from the grave in Trequan Smith and JJAW, maybe even Boykin, I am starting to believe in this team a little. This last cut is going to be tough, especially with the Ravens playing the Niners. Can't wait to watch that game in general, by the way.

ETA : Dead (or mostly dead) money includes Joe Flacco (1), Moncrief and Herndon. JJAW hasn't made the boxscore yet but I'd consider him very much living money right now.

3 Thanksgiving games to kick off the final cut.  Best of luck to anyone left.  Here are the numbers for game 1:

QB - Trubisky (29)

RB - Montgomery (67), Cohen (6)

WR - Robinson (58), Golladay (22), Jones (12), Amendola (12), Gabriel (12), Miller (7)

TE - Hockenson (47)

K - Prater (113), Pineiro (13)

D - DET (34), CHI (18)

If not for Prater, the line may have stayed at zero.

QB's already out for week 13 include (I listed non-starters as well):

Stafford (20), Roethlisberger (19), Flacco (15), Manning (5), Keenum (4), Mariota (3), Rosen (2), Luck, Newton, Lock, Taylor, Griffin, Driskel (extinct)

All live owners with the above QB's should be in good shape, as they have options yet to play.  Owners of Allen (57 - 27.85)), Prescott (37 - 31.25), Trubisky (29 - 34.30), and Ryan (8 - 27.70) already have decent scores.  The 13 Brees owners may be nervous, as he scored a dismal 15.10 points, but they all have other options too.  Here are the numbers for the rest...

Jackson (412), Winston (125), Goff (94), Darnold (90), Brady (84), Carr (45), Jones (43), Foles (41), Cousins (32), Wentz (24), Murray (17), Rivers (17), Wilson (16), Garoppolo (16), Mayfield (14), Mahomes (13), Fitzpatrick (13), Watson (12), Haskins (7), Rodgers (5), Dalton (5), Tannehill (2)

Never made it past week 6 before, so its been a heck of a ride, but I think this is the week I get bounced. Down 15 already and only have D.Cook, J.Jacobs, D.Johnson, Fitz, Gordon, Waller and maybe McManus still to go/going, with how the cut keeps moving I'm not going to hold my breath...I may turn Seahawk Blue.... 

Man, at the start of the 4th qtr of the 1pm games I was ranked 40th with around 145 points. Now I’m have 153 points and am hanging in at rank 158. Fingers crossed. 

Sitting at 164.35 vs a cutline of 150.25 with NE, HOU, MIN and SEA still to go.  Still have...

Brady - 27.35

Duke Johnson, Chris Carson, Josh Gordon, Tyler Lockett - 15.5 (Flex score)

SEA - 5

So probably not going to pick up much, if anything.  🤞

I got 165.5 with Duke, Lockett & Gordon -8.4. Not feeling good about this with all the Cook and Carson owners out there.

I got 165.5 with Duke, Lockett & Gordon -8.4. Not feeling good about this with all the Cook and Carson owners out there.
Yeah, this is the week where not having one or two of Johnson, Cook, Carson is likely to kill me. Only up by 9 points now. 

Well kiddies, I'm out. 11 points below the cutline after the late games and only have Josh Gordon and Duke Johnson left. Best I've ever done by far and was hella fun and a great learning experience. Congrats to whoever makes the final 250...

WRs let me down this week, surprisingly. None scored over 11.6 points...I guess having 12 WRs, when only 7 suit up in week 13, is a problem...

Edit: after Sunday, even with Duke, I'm still 11 below the cutline. He was owned by too many people for it to help me...

TD for Duke. Want to see him do well tonight to make it harder for the Carson & Cook scores to raise the line

I feel pretty good at 179.35 after the 4 pm games.  I have Sanu/Carson (-13.7/15.5) that could bump my score a little in my 2 FLEX spots.

Let's enjoy the final Turk sweat as we look ahead to week 14!  Good luck to all!

Ghost Entry would be at 157.55 + (Brady - 27.35) + (Carson/Duke Johnson - 10.40/15.50/16.50/17.60) + (J Gordon - 15.50/16.50/16.90) + (Seattle - 4.0)

Good luck to those sweating The Turk for real!  Man still hate that one bum week is keeping me from this :kicksrock:

-QG

15th place (30 pts above the cutline) at end of Q3 Sunday night... feeling pretty good about my odds surviving, but with the average remaining team owning 1.5 shares of Cook/Carson/Lockett (and me owning 0) I certainly don't know that I feel "safe" yet this week, even with what is usually considered sizable/comfotable gap.

If I do survive, it's despite a 0 from Julio (and Breida), a poor showing by Kittle, and CMC's 2nd-lowest non-bye week of the year (he's not even flexing for me this week).

Cut sits at 159.15 heading into Monday Night.

QB - Cousins (32), Wilson (16)

RB - Carson (298), Cook (179), Mattison (51), Penny (4)

WR - Gordon (332), Lockett (233), Metcalf (16), Diggs (14), Brown (9), Moore (1)

TE - Rudolph (19)

K - Bailey (60), Myers (18)

D - SEA (122), MIN (7)

There are 84 teams with both Carson & Cook.  The line could go up quite a bit.  Good luck

Brady/duke helped me get 4 over the cut line, now i need lockett, Carson and Meyers to help me keep it there....

Cut sits at 159.15 heading into Monday Night.

RB - Carson (298), Cook (179)

WR - Gordon (332), Lockett (233)

There are 84 teams with both Carson & Cook.  The line could go up quite a bit.  Good luck
This could help and hurt a lot of teams....  Having them owned by many will likely raise the bar, but if a team is missing 1 part of the puzzle, they will be grabbing a chair with me to watch from the sidelines! 

What surprises me is that there are 30 teams with all 4 of those I left in the quote....  out of the 321 who started the contest with them all! 9.35% survival!  OUCH.... 

This could help and hurt a lot of teams....  Having them owned by many will likely raise the bar, but if a team is missing 1 part of the puzzle, they will be grabbing a chair with me to watch from the sidelines! 

What surprises me is that there are 30 teams with all 4 of those I left in the quote....  out of the 321 who started the contest with them all! 9.35% survival!  OUCH.... 
Yeah, I’m 7 points above the cut with only Gordon among those 4. Save me a chair. 

19 points below cut (416th place) with Cook (-3), Carson (-10.4), Diggs (-9.3), Lockett (-13.7), Seattle D (-5).

Not sure how optimistic I should be. :shrug:

19 points below cut (416th place) with Cook (-3), Carson (-10.4), Diggs (-9.3), Lockett (-13.7), Seattle D (-5).

Not sure how optimistic I should be. :shrug:
The problem is, the better they do, the more the Cut Line moves.....  hard to know what to expect.    GL! 

FBG projections say I will gain 34 pts above the 140 I have now - not sure that will be enough. Pretty sure I need Diggs to have a big night, being the most unique of the five I have going.

Users who are viewing this thread